Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riddick Bowe on Klitschko-Rahman undercard
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Rabbit Punch2
black eye.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Maybe he could have a pie eating contest with David Tua and Mike Tyson.
Boxingjunkie
Please tell me this is a joke?? Who the hell would give this guy a license??
JonnyBlaze
I hope he doesn't die is all I gotta say about this..
ROLL DEEP
cray.gif
D-MARV
sad.gif this is sad
Lil-lightsout
I saw his comeback fight a couple years ago, and he looked like absolute garbage. I can only imagine how pathetic he is going to look. I used to like Bowe, but this is real sad. To think this guy was on top of the world at one point and had endless opportunities, now probably has nothing and has to resort to this. What went wrong?
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 21 2008, 07:14 AM) [snapback]412178[/snapback]
What went wrong?

Kidnapping his wife and children?
Spyder
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 21 2008, 10:30 AM) [snapback]412197[/snapback]
Kidnapping his wife and children?

You can't blame the guy for getting pounded into Bolivian.
Big Slim Sweet
Horrible news. Disgraceful if it happens.
JLUVBABY
in his last fight that is saw vs. billy zimmerman or what ever his name is he looked 100% shot was almost knocked out and got a gift decision... he slurrs real bad when he talks now to the point you have to really listen to understand what he is saying... if he continues this he will end up like quarry... sad but until a comission steps in their will continue to be these types of fights... the list goes on... look at greg page... i could name a whole list of these guys... the only thing i think killing boxing is the lack of structure (the reason why ufc is so popular, absolutely no reason why boxing shouldn't have that kind of fan base... it should be bigger... our fighters are better and a much older sport).... it needs an international commission overlooking what goes on in each country or region of the world and 8 original weight divisions with only 1 champ in each (maybe a minor belt that can be won while moving up to help boost the fighters career)... until that happens these type of fights will continue to be made... i know that is wishful thinking though...lol
rusty_trombone
Riddick Bowe is BACK! Sweet.
BGv2.0
Bowe has not been able to get anything started here in the states because everybody knows how bad off he is.....BUT....these no good German Promotors have no issue bringing him and Holyfield over to offer up as sacrifical American names to their current fighters.

That is why dispite what many are hoping for I hope Holyfield SOMEHOW manages to beat the shit out of Valuev and take at least one of their cash cows away. I don't even know who they are putting in with Bowe....but I hope he gets the win too!

FenderDG3
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 21 2008, 10:12 AM) [snapback]412203[/snapback]
in his last fight that is saw vs. billy zimmerman or what ever his name is he looked 100% shot was almost knocked out and got a gift decision... he slurrs real bad when he talks now to the point you have to really listen to understand what he is saying... if he continues this he will end up like quarry... sad but until a comission steps in their will continue to be these types of fights... the list goes on... look at greg page... i could name a whole list of these guys... the only thing i think killing boxing is the lack of structure (the reason why ufc is so popular, absolutely no reason why boxing shouldn't have that kind of fan base... it should be bigger... our fighters are better and a much older sport).... it needs an international commission overlooking what goes on in each country or region of the world and 8 original weight divisions with only 1 champ in each (maybe a minor belt that can be won while moving up to help boost the fighters career)... until that happens these type of fights will continue to be made... i know that is wishful thinking though...lol

You're 100% correct. He sounds just as bad as Meldrick Taylor does. It's a real shame he's fighting again. I also don't understand why a commission would give him a licence to fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Nov 21 2008, 05:57 PM) [snapback]412263[/snapback]
You're 100% correct. He sounds just as bad as Meldrick Taylor does. It's a real shame he's fighting again. I also don't understand why a commission would give him a licence to fight.

i think bgv2.0 answered that the best...
Big Slim Sweet
One of the sadder Riddick Bowe moments I can remember is when he co-hosted friday night fights a few years ago. Does anyone else remember this? Brian Kenney wasn't on the air with him, he was off that week for whatever reason, and some other guy was taking his place. Anyway, Bowe sounded alright the first couple of times he spoke, but then when they got on the subject of his fighting again the host asked him what he had to say to people who felt he shouldn't be allowed to fight again, and claimed you can practice saying certain things to cover up your speech deterioration. All of a sudden Bowe just started slurring his words something terrible, all the while trying to mock the theory. It was painful to watch.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 21 2008, 10:43 PM) [snapback]412290[/snapback]
One of the sadder Riddick Bowe moments I can remember is when he co-hosted friday night fights a few years ago. Does anyone else remember this? Brian Kenney wasn't on the air with him, he was off that week for whatever reason, and some other guy was taking his place. Anyway, Bowe sounded alright the first couple of times he spoke, but then when they got on the subject of his fighting again the host asked him what he had to say to people who felt he shouldn't be allowed to fight again, and claimed you can practice saying certain things to cover up your speech deterioration. All of a sudden Bowe just started slurring his words something terrible, all the while trying to mock the theory. It was painful to watch.

I do kind of remember the interview, but not that part about slurring. I went to the Bowe-Golota rematch in A.C, and thinking he was going to destroy Golota. Mainly cause he undertrained for there first fight, and came in for the rematch much lighter and better prepared. Well Bowe got beat up pretty damn good in that fight, but showed tremendous heart in there. Andrew would have won if he was not the biggest headcase in boxing. Anyway, that was painful for me to watch see him take that beating, and that was in 1996(I'm guessing)! I can only imagine what a 2008 Riddick "Big Daddy" Bowe looks like and sounds like.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 21 2008, 06:04 PM) [snapback]412264[/snapback]
i think bgv2.0 answered that the best...

I didn't see that before I posted, but I agree that bgv2.0 is right about the sacrificial lamb in the form of an "American name".
BGv2.0
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Nov 22 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]412361[/snapback]
I didn't see that before I posted, but I agree that bgv2.0 is right about the sacrificial lamb in the form of an "American name".

Oh yeah..man they have been doing this shit for years...Brian Neilson just about made his career out of this tactic....even though some of the guys went over there and kicked his ass but got jobbed.

To even remotely get a SD Holyfield is going to have to knock this asshole down at least 3x and make him bleed out of every hole in his face!

Historically Holy never fared well with taller HWs....I don't see that changing at his current age. However....IMHO Valuev does not bring things to the table that Holy's past tall foes did. WHICH MIGHT....even out the age difference.

He does not have the skill, speed or punching power of Lewis, Bowe or Foreman.

I also don't think he has the defensive ability of recent guys Holyfield has fought.....guys like Imbragamov, Donald or Toney.

Valuev will be there for that big melon of a head to be punched....his body will be open too.

There is no doubt in my mind if guys like Ruiz and Chgaev can take this big goon the distance.....even a VERY OLD holyfield will do the same. I just hope he can somehow do enough to get the win.....which I admit is doubtful....but I'll be pulling for him none the less.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.