Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antonio Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
I probably could have just added this to the other thread but I figured this was worthy of it's own thread!!!!!

Margarito was quoted:

"De La Hoya didn't keep his word, went around me, made excuses, and in the end didn't have seriousness in his words," said Margarito. "I am doing exactly the same thing, so they can't complain."

He just admitted to his bitchassness!!!!!!
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 21 2008, 09:22 AM) [snapback]412182[/snapback]
I probably could have just added this to the other thread but I figured this was worthy of it's own thread!!!!!

Margarito was quoted:
He just admitted to his bitchassness!!!!!!

He probably looks at it like he is getting them back for what Hoya did. Still don't like it.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 21 2008, 09:53 AM) [snapback]412187[/snapback]
He probably looks at it like he is getting them back for what Hoya did. Still don't like it.

Maybe So... But thats pretty lame to me... especially when you been labled "the most feared fighter in the world" (MY ASS). You get back at them by beating that ass. So Margarito has turned away from Clottey, Williams, and now Mosley... My hate for "Tony" grows everyday.
The Original MrFactor
If this is the case, then shame on him. I equate this to him sitting on his Cotto win. Pick a fight, damn!!! I've defended him for years on this board, but this is shit you cant defend...
Douchebag
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Nov 21 2008, 10:19 AM) [snapback]412193[/snapback]
If this is the case, then shame on him. I equate this to him sitting on his Cotto win. Pick a fight, damn!!! I've defended him for years on this board, but this is shit you cant defend...

I guarantee Tony gets his ass beat in his next fight. It doesn't matter who the opponent is. Karma is a bitch, and he is fucking with her emotions.
ROLL DEEP
If he did say that, thats gay, dude.

What a gay thing to say. Like a fucking school kid...'Heeee did it fiiiirrrrst'.
Lil-lightsout
What a lame move.
The CEO
I'm tellin' ya....people think Margarito ruined Cotto.....but it's the other way around....Cotto ruined Margarito.

He took the beating of a lifetime to get that win....he knows he's ruined and wants to cash out.
rusty_trombone
Did anyone expect any different? All these guys are "warriors" on there way up before they get big paydays, now he just a no talent ass bitch. his talent of getting punched in the face and being able to take it has gone away, now he's just a whiny cunt. At least he could take a beating before. Suddenly, he's not the "most feared fighter on the planet" anymore.
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 11:28 AM) [snapback]412205[/snapback]
I'm tellin' ya....people think Margarito ruined Cotto.....but it's the other way around....Cotto ruined Margarito.

He took the beating of a lifetime to get that win....he knows he's ruined and wants to cash out.

He took A LOT of hard, flush shots in that fight...I don't know how he was able to do that and remain effective.
Douchebag
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 11:28 AM) [snapback]412205[/snapback]

I'm starting to feel the same way.

Oh and put me on the fucking wagon.
The CEO
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 21 2008, 11:52 AM) [snapback]412211[/snapback]
He took A LOT of hard, flush shots in that fight...I don't know how he was able to do that and remain effective.

Margarito was in a refuse to lose mode and won the battle...but he certainly lost the war..

He took bombs to his head every round right up until the end....while Cotto only had to deal with mainly body shots, and completely running out of gas....

JD
What the Cotto fight did was take a guy who had been acting like an outsider his whole career, and turn him into a self appointed insider. In other words, a hypocrite.

But if Margarito and Cotto fought in a rematch early next year, I think it would be clear who was more negatively impacted from the first fight - and it wouldn't be Margarito in my opinion.
The CEO
If Cotto's heart and mind are where they need to be....you will see that Margarito had more taken out of him physically....and that's not to mention he's taken shots to the dome to get to his man his whole career...

I think the number Cotto did on him before having to submit is the straw that broke Margarito's back....
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]412215[/snapback]
If Cotto's heart and mind are where they need to be....you will see that Margarito had more taken out of him physically....and that's not to mention he's taken shots to the dome to get to his man his whole career...

I think the number Cotto did on him before having to submit is the straw that broke Margarito's back....

Cotto's heart and mind being where they need to be is part of what he has, or hasn't had taken out of him.

Cotto was the one who was forced first to bend, then to break - not Margarito. No doubt, punishment was dished in mass quantity for each guy, but I didn't see anything that told me Margarito took more punishment then Cotto did in there. Both guys gave and got in my opnion, and both guys may never be the same - but I think the notion that Cotto ruined Margarito while coming out ok, is fairly far-fetched.

Should Margarito and Cotto rematch, I will be tabbing Margarito by stoppage again. I gather you will be taking Cotto.

That said, a case can be made that his first taste ($) potentially took some of the hunger away, but we won't know until we see them in the ring again.
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 21 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]412216[/snapback]
Cotto's heart and mind being where they need to be is part of what he has, or hasn't had taken out of him.

Cotto was the one who was forced first to bend, then to break - not Margarito. No doubt, punishment was dished in mass quantity for each guy, but I didn't see anything that told me Margarito took more punishment then Cotto did in there. Both guys gave and got in my opnion, and both guys may never be the same - but I think the notion that Cotto ruined Margarito while coming out ok, is fairly far-fetched.

Should Margarito and Cotto rematch, I will be tabbing Margarito by stoppage again. I gather you will be taking Cotto.

That said, a case can be made that his first taste ($) potentially took some of the hunger away, but we won't know until we see them in the ring again.

I'm not necessarily taking Cotto....I would keep a close eye on both on the lead up before I made my pick....but Margarito's biggest assets are his physical advantages....and his chin has taken an extreme shellacking over the years....with the most damage inflicted upon it against Cotto....

Remember....even Hagler...who had one of the most tremendous chins ever...didn't just let people pound on it all the time so he could get to them....

The reason you didn't see anything to give you the impression he took more punishment is because Margarito wasn't gonna be denied and is crazy brave/dumb....lol

The only way Cotto's heart and mind WOULDN'T be there would be because he was forced to submit (because he completely ran out of gas) and lost his 0 in such a big fight....yeah...he probably left a little piece of himself in the ring as well....but I'd be willing to bet that he's not the more physically damaged of the two...

Anyway...you think otherwise....so you're WRONG!

laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]412217[/snapback]
I'm not necessarily taking Cotto....I would keep a close eye on both on the lead up before I made my pick....but Margarito's biggest assets are his physical advantages....and his chin has taken an extreme shellacking over the years....with the most damage inflicted upon it against Cotto....

Remember....even Hagler...who had one of the most tremendous chins ever...didn't just let people pound on it all the time so he could get to them....

The reason you didn't see anything to give you the impression he took more punishment is because Margarito wasn't gonna be denied and is crazy brave/dumb....lol

The only way Cotto's heart and mind WOULDN'T be there would be because he was forced to submit (because he completely ran out of gas) and lost his 0 in such a big fight....yeah...he probably left a little piece of himself in the ring as well....but I'd be willing to bet that he's not the more physically damaged of the two...

Anyway...you think otherwise....so you're WRONG!

laugh.gif

What I saw in the fight were two guys...both terrific fighters...put it on each other at a very high level...one's ability to take more punishment and apply constant pressure to turn it into more of a fight was the difference.

My inability to tell the future prevents me from telling you, conclusively, what will happen down the line, but I can use what I have already seen to shape my opinion.

What I can do is look at the fact that what I saw in that ring tells me Margarito will always be wrong for Cotto, and if they were to rematch next year, a Margarito stoppage would be the likely outcome again. I can also say that after watching both men dish it out and take it, Cotto looked the worse for wear and may never be quite the same, but Margarito took a ton of punishment and may never be the same either.

Margarito by stoppage would be my official pick if they fought in February, and it would be my official pick if they took a tuneup and fought in June.

I need to rewatch the first fight again. I think we all do.
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 21 2008, 01:09 PM) [snapback]412219[/snapback]
What I saw in the fight were two guys...both terrific fighters...put it on each other at a very high level...one's ability to take more punishment and apply constant pressure to turn it into more of a fight was the difference.

My inability to tell the future prevents me from telling you, conclusively, what will happen down the line, but I can use what I have already seen to shape my opinion.

What I can do is look at the fact that what I saw in that ring tells me Margarito will always be wrong for Cotto, and if they were to rematch next year, a Margarito stoppage would be the likely outcome again. I can also say that after watching both men dish it out and take it, Cotto looked the worse for wear and may never be quite the same, but Margarito took a ton of punishment and may never be the same either.

Margarito by stoppage would be my official pick if they fought in February, and it would be my official pick if they took a tuneup and fought in June.

I need to rewatch the first fight again. I think we all do.

I agree with the bold as far as prime versus prime...I think Cotto would probably win 2, 3 times out of 10 in that matchup....but if Margarito is worse for the wear like I think he is....it makes this fight more of a pick 'em....granted Cotto's heart and mind are there like I've been talking about...and the lack of hunger factor on Margarito's behalf that you suggested....
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 01:22 PM) [snapback]412220[/snapback]
I agree with the bold as far as prime versus prime...I think Cotto would probably win 2, 3 times out of 10 in that matchup....but if Margarito is worse for the wear like I think he is....it makes this fight more of a pick 'em....granted Cotto's heart and mind are there like we've been talking about...

Man, I just do not see how you think Margarito would be worse for wear after that one. Either I am remembering Cotto taking more punishment then he did, or you are remembering him taking less then he actually did.

Like I said, I think we all need to rewatch it.
Spyder
It's kind of like the Holyfield-Bowe Trilogy...

Bowe got the better of it, 2 out of 3 with a TKO...but he was the worse for wear afterward.

I hope that neither guy took THAT kind of beating, but we'll never know unless they get in the ring with ANYBODY! laugh.gif
JD
I just donít see it though. I remember the fight well, and when it all ended Ė I remember Cotto being worse for wear, and having taken more total punishment. I remember Cotto getting beaten up in there. Margarito took plenty of shots, but Cotto was beaten down...Margarito was never actually hurt in there from what I remember. Was he?
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 21 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]412221[/snapback]
Man, I just do not see how you think Margarito would be worse for wear after that one. Either I am remembering Cotto taking more punishment then he did, or you are remembering him taking less then he actually did.

Like I said, I think we all need to rewatch it.

Not saying you think this way....but alot of people see the bloody, swollen face of Cotto's and automatically assume he took the worse punishment....

His nose got broken early...but if I remember correctly...the majority of head shots Cotto took were in the round before, and of, the stoppage....causing that image of Cotto we envision when we think of that fight...

but Margarito took flush power shots to the head all night long...and although he wasn't cut or bleeding....taking that many concussive shots really leave their mark beneath the surface....

I'mma watch it again sometime this weekend...I'll burn it and watch it on the big screen.
Method
I take absolutely ZERO enjoyment from saying this, but ANYONE who thinks that Antonio Margarito took more punishment in the Cotto fight than Cotto, OR that Margarito is worse for wear because of that fight, needs to seriously consider the fact that they might never understand the sport of boxing, AND, I am embarrassed for them.

I'll go one further and say that I will take the other side of ANY and ALL action on anyone that wants to lay money on Cotto in the rematch.

Miguel Cotto was beaten, broken into submission (took a fucking knee for Christ's sake).

One guy showed up for the post fight presser. One guy didn't. One guy was pissing champagne later that night. One guy was pissing blood. Can you guess which one?

JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]412225[/snapback]
Not saying you think this way....but alot of people see the bloody, swollen face of Cotto's and automatically assume he took the worse punishment....

His nose got broken early...but if I remember correctly...the majority of head shots Cotto took were in the round before, and of, the stoppage....causing that image of Cotto we envision when we think of that fight...

but Margarito took flush power shots to the head all night long...and although he wasn't cut or bleeding....taking that many concussive shots really leave their mark beneath the surface....
I'mma watch it again sometime this weekend...I'll burn it and watch it on the big screen.

Cotto's offense slowed after the first 6 rounds, while Margarito was picking up. Cotto landed the flashier stuff, Margarito landed the harder, more punishing stuff.

I think you are underestimating how much Cotto got hit in there. He took a lot of shots both to the body, and the head.
The CEO
No offense taken, Meth....lol

Yes...Cotto was beaten and broken into submission....why?....because he couldn't breathe properly from early on, was taking heavy body shots, and he completely ran out of gas.....thus, the knees....shit...he fought all the way up until he had to knee out....

but Margarito took a shitload of concussive punches that you know and I know leave that unseen, long term damage....

Unless Margarito was brain dead, and it didn't make a difference....lol....which might be the case....to take 3, 4, 5 bombs to your head to get 1, 2 body shots in and pray your opponent folds....
BigG
After watching the fight, the only Cotto wins is if he holds. He didn't hold and he was beaten up on the ropes. Cotto will have to box, flurry and hold and keep it in the middle of the ring as long as possible. That's just what I think.

But that's not Cotto..he will trade and pay for it.

Marg wins 9/10 times...

I think Cotto can outpoint and win rounds vs. Marg...but Marg is noticably bigger...and tougher..so Cotto will always get worn down more.

And anyone thats seen Cotto vs. Lovemore NDou (a pressure fighter with an incredible chin) saw Cotto getting backed up big late and he was tired in that fight. Lovemore is somewhat similar to Margarito except he doesn't punch as hard and is 5'7 (Cotto's size). Cotto never liked pressure and I think Marg broke his nose in one of the early rounds. The pace of the fight was absolutely hectic and Margarito mentally and physically drained Cotto....Like I said, in the rematch Cotto will need to do everything he can to slow the pace of the fight down.

And we all saw Cotto tire vs. Shane.

Cotto landed alot of punches to Margarito's head. Marg was more punishing throughout the fight.

After watching the fight, I was impressed by BOTH men...and I would pick both to beat Joshua Clottey and I think they'd give Floyd Mayweather hell.

But with that said, P-Will probably beats both.

I don't think either of them are ruined. Cotto was badly beaten but he wasn't dominated. Cotto is very professional and so is Margarito.

But for Cotto to win, I think he's going to need to forget the crowd and just do what he has to do to win and that's hold when he really has to (IMO).

BTW, back on topic...I don't know why the hell Margarito would turn down Shane. Every fan thinks he'll give Shane a career ending beatdown..even he said it himself...but I guess he'll have to stay inactive 'till the Cotto rematch.

And Shane-Berto is in the works.
The CEO
If Cotto didn't have breathing problems from early on, worked the body himself, tied Margarito up some more, and had better conditioning...he could have crossed that finish line as the winner...yeah I know....if, if , if , if.....

laugh.gif
The CEO
and to all you guests who like Margarito that are reading this thread....

Margarito is quickly becoming the most flagrant ducker in Boxing.

Clottey, Williams, and now Mosley.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]412232[/snapback]
and to all you guests who like Margarito that are reading this thread....

Margarito is quickly becoming the most flagrant ducker in Boxing.

Clottey, Williams, and now Mosley.

+1
D-MARV
ANTONIO FRAUDGARITO!!!!!!!!!
Douchebag
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 21 2008, 01:58 PM) [snapback]412230[/snapback]
If Cotto didn't have breathing problems from early on, worked the body himself, tied Margarito up some more, and had better conditioning...he could have crossed that finish line as the winner...yeah I know....if, if , if , if.....

laugh.gif

Cotto couldn't work the body in the fight because Tony took that away. Props to him for that BUT he did take the more of the cleaner POWER PUNCH head shots in the fight and despite the photographs posted in the thread no one can deny it because it is fact. I'm not going go out and say weather Marg to is more broken down then Cotto after that fight (that we will have to see.) but his actions after fight do lend me to think that he might not be the same. Where as Cotto (whom I can't say is a bullshitter) is posturing like he still thinks to he is the better man despite the beating. Lets not forget that Cotto was slipping and countering shots to the head for the whole fight up untill the last two round of the fight. Tony was only affective to the body and with his pressure while Cotto was connecting almost at will to Tony's grill.

As far as Cotto's will being broken, I won't believe it untill I see him under pressure again. I mean for all we know he could have taken the the stance in fight that "I was tired and beaten, let me have my corner throw in the towel so I can fight on another day and still have my wits about me." Vitaly Klitchko did same thing similar early in his career and everyone was questioning his heart untill the Lewis fight and now everybody gives him props. Tony is definite actling like bitch right now.
caneman
I just rewatched the Cotto/Magarito on http://www.justin.tv/tntkid & it was one awesome fight...IMO you could see what was going to happen before it even did. TNT is playing Mayweather/Hatton right now! Y'all remember wolf from the boards here? He is a mod in the room & his name is Twilightfun! JTV is alot of fun honestly...even if the kids get on my nerves from time to time! I have watch some great old fights on this channel! drinks.gif drinks.gif
Method
But for Cotto to win, I think he's going to need to forget the crowd and just do what he has to do to win and that's hold when he really has to (IMO).

He is NOT strong enough to hold Margarito...nor does he have any size to do so with.

It might look something like this...

JD
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 21 2008, 03:44 PM) [snapback]412244[/snapback]
As far as Cotto's will being broken, I won't believe it untill I see him under pressure again. I mean for all we know he could have taken the the stance in fight that "I was tired and beaten, let me have my corner throw in the towel so I can fight on another day and still have my wits about me." Vitaly Klitchko did same thing similar early in his career and everyone was questioning his heart untill the Lewis fight and now everybody gives him props. Tony is definite actling like bitch right now.

Who knows if he is ruined...I hope he isn't. But I do know that Cotto - Margarito had NO parallels to Klitschko - Byrd.

Vitali quit in his corner, after taking zero punishment, while winning, because of a shoulder injury. Cotto was beaten into submission, in the ring, after taking a lot of punishment, with his corner throwing in the towel after he took a knee twice, while losing.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Nov 21 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]412211[/snapback]

More like remain conscious.
The CEO
Well at least Spyder and Conscience somewhat agreed with me, and I got some juices flowin' around here...lol

Consistent power shots to the head. They're a slow killer...
dbdbdb
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 21 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]412216[/snapback]

Totally agree JD.

AM is just trying to make as much paper as he can while he's in this position. If he were to rematch Cotto, he has both the physical and mental edge this time around and he will break Cotto again.

Stating that Cotto ruined AM is probally the most far-stretching thought I've heard in a while.
The CEO
Margarito won the battle and lost the war. You'll see....
streetlion1
Cottos stamina was his biggest enemy. When he got tired he began to stop on the ropes...and that is when Margarito did all his damage. Had he not got tired he wouldve cruised to a U.D. victory.

Not taking anything away from Marg....he is a beast and walked right through everything Cotto had.

Lets not get on Marg now....so what if he didnt wanna fight Mosley. Its not like he has had the title a long time and been saying no to multiple good fighters. He may wanna wait for Cotto or he may wanna defend his title in a easier tune-up fight first. I dont see him ducking anybody in the division....besides maybe PW....but the over-hyped slap artist with weak defense didnt stick around the division anyway.

As a fan I wanna see Mosley fight Berto anyway.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 21 2008, 04:42 PM) [snapback]412243[/snapback]
ANTONIO FRAUDGARITO!!!!!!!!!

No, come on, that's jumping the gun and just plain acting silly. He'd have been a fraud had he folded like a tent against Cotto. Frauds don't beat the living daylights out of Miguel Cotto.

Look, the fight was brutal, and it was a career achievement for the man. He finally reached the mountaintop after years of putting in work. If he wants to sit back and chill for a few with his family and enjoy his place in his life, he has that right. BUT I hope to hell he doesn't try pulling that 'they're not worthy' PBF-esque crap again. That's where he starts losing my respect.
BigG
I'm watching the fight and I'm amazed at Margarito's chin....he was taking flush left hooks and right hands..powershots.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 21 2008, 10:59 PM) [snapback]412292[/snapback]
No, come on, that's jumping the gun and just plain acting silly. He'd have been a fraud had he folded like a tent against Cotto. Frauds don't beat the living daylights out of Miguel Cotto.

NOPE, he's a fraud and he admitted it... He said it himself. It's a shame that you guys gave Mayweather Hell and now say that Margarito deserves to chill out. BULLSHIT!
JD
Hypocrisy is hypocrisy regardless who it comes from...and it's bullshit no matter how you slice it. Margarito is a fucking hypocrite and I am totally disappointed in his bullshit. Weak garbage, and he deserves to be called on it in the same way Floyd was, the only difference is that in the longrun, Floyd still got the fight he wanted...so avoiding Margarito for Baldomir mattered less in hindsight because Floyd got paid - that said, he still was a hypocrite at the time. Margarito needs to remember where he was a year ago...plain and simple.

As far as double standards, anyone crying fraud now was quick to ridicule Floyd when he was a hypocrite - I am just sure of it...because if they didn't, they epitomize the term hypocrite themselves. And that...that is truly funny.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm real disappointed with Tony's recent behaviour.

What or who the fuck does he think he is?

I mean wasn't the Cotto fight his major PPV? Or was it his first PPV as a headliner?

The problem for Tony was that he painted himself as the real everyman of boxng. The guy who was willing to take fights for legacy first, financial gains second. He made a lot of fans selling this, I wonder how RayFan will justify this latest pussy move? Even casual Marg fans like myself bought into it a little.

Now with one win over Cotto he suddenly thinks he's got all the bargaining chips. Doofus.

He reminds me of Hopkins after the Trinidad fight, where Hopkins for a minute there looked like a guy that had misplaced the winning lottery ticket. However Nard has been able to elongate his career with pure boxing smarts and great technique and cash in at a time when most guys would be either long retired or washed up.

Tony is not so fortunate, he only has one style of fighting (albeit a fairly successful style) but all those punches will catch up with him sooner or later. His time to cash in is now. Instead he wants to sound like a girl with a period complaining that Oscar broke a promise to him.

Jesus Antonia do you know how gay that sounds bitching about Oscar? You sound like a dumped girlfriend.

The Mosley fight is a very winnable fight for him and easily the biggest profile fight for Antomnia right now.

We all know he aint going near The Punisher any time soon cause he most probably loses that one. De La Hoya nor Mayweather aren't going to step up so forget that idea, Cotto will need at least one confidence builder before stepping back in and no way is Clottey a bigger name fight than Mosley who despite being past his prime is still a big star in the sport.

Here's something else that seems to have escaped Marg, as Mosley is a partner in Golden Boy this fight would have got a big marketing push, far bigger than just having Arum promote by himself. HBO would've got on board big time and this fight would've definately raised Tony's profile.

Why would you turn down that opportunity?

As for Shane, we all know that there will be times during the fight where he will not be able to resist going toe to toe with Tony, this has the makings of an all action crowd pleasing fight. Could Antonia be the first guy to stop Sugar?

Again why would you turn down this opportunity????

Ego and self importance.

Quick somebody give Tony another bullet so he can shoot himself in both feet.

D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 21 2008, 11:26 PM) [snapback]412300[/snapback]
Hypocrisy is hypocrisy regardless who it comes from...and it's bullshit no matter how you slice it. Margarito is a fucking hypocrite and I am totally disappointed in his bullshit. Weak garbage, and he deserves to be called on it in the same way Floyd was, the only difference is that in the longrun, Floyd still got the fight he wanted...so avoiding Margarito for Baldomir mattered less in hindsight because Floyd got paid - that said, he still was a hypocrite at the time. Margarito needs to remember where he was a year ago...plain and simple.

As far as double standards, anyone crying fraud now was quick to ridicule Floyd when he was a hypocrite - I am just sure of it...because if they didn't, they epitomize the term hypocrite themselves. And that...that is truly funny.

I think it was pretty weak of Floyd to avoid Cotto...

With that being said, I didn't blame him for passing up Margarito to fight Baldy then fight Goldie after that! Money Talks... Im a Mayweather fan and for 2 years now Ive listen to people call him Fraud Mayweather and Floyd Mayrunner (Mainly Margarito fans). Now there man pulls this shit! WTF? If Mayweather was considered a Fraud then Margarito is a Fraud... only difference is that Mayweather was a fraud for 25 million dollars!
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 21 2008, 11:43 PM) [snapback]412302[/snapback]
I think it was pretty weak of Floyd to avoid Cotto...

With that being said, I didn't blame him for passing up Margarito to fight Baldy then fight Goldie after that! Money Talks... Im a Mayweather fan and for 2 years now Ive listen to people call him Fraud Mayweather and Floyd Mayrunner (Mainly Margarito fans). Now there man pulls this shit! WTF? If Mayweather was considered a Fraud then Margarito is a Fraud... only difference is that Mayweather was a fraud for 25 million dollars!

Hindsight is 20 / 20 as I stated, and hypocrisy is hypocrisy, whether you want to try to qualify it or not.

Floyd's not a fraud, though he reign at welter is far from bulletproof, he is a hypocrite though...a lot of boxers are, it still doesn't make it right.

I am not looking to rehash all the Margarito - Floyd crap, but Floyd's comments, and following actions were hypocritical - point blank. If Margarito gets more money for a Cotto rematch (a guy who already beat Shane), or, by some miracle he gets the Oscar fight, does that make him less of a hypocrite...NO, it doesn't. Maybe it justifies the hypocrisy, but he will still be a hypocrite.

And anyone who tries to apply some double standard and defend on one side while ridiculing on the other, is a hypocrite themselves.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 21 2008, 11:48 PM) [snapback]412305[/snapback]
Hindsight is 20 / 20 as I stated, and hypocrisy is hypocrisy, whether you want to try to qualify it or not.

Floyd's not a fraud, though he reign at welter is far from bulletproof, he is a hypocrite though...a lot of boxers are, it still doesn't make it right.

I am not looking to rehash all the Margarito - Floyd crap, but Floyd's comments, and following actions were hypocritical - point blank. If Margarito gets more money for a Cotto rematch (a guy who already beat Shane), or, by some miracle he gets the Oscar fight, does that make him less of a hypocrite...NO, it doesn't. It justifies the hypocrisy, but he will still be a hypocrite.

And anyone who tries to apply some double standard and defend on one side while ridiculing on the other, is a hypocrite themselves.

Yes, I agree! Floyd and Tony are both hypocrites. If Tony passes up Clottey, Williams, and Mosley for his biggest payday against Oscar than I will not blame him. I will take back everything I said! BUt for now, It does not look good for the man. IMO, Margarito thinks that those 3 fights are too risky, and would rather take the safer fight against Cotto. BUt thats me... I hope he does wait until June to fight Cotto... thats less I have to hear from these Margarito fans.

I agree that Floyd's reign at welter sucked but I dont think he had any intrest in ruling the division, He was targeting Oscar and once he beat Oscar he felt like he accomplished everything he wanted to do. He's been saying this since his 130 pound days!
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 22 2008, 12:03 AM) [snapback]412312[/snapback]
Yes, I agree! Floyd and Tony are both hypocrites. If Tony passes up Clottey, Williams, and Mosley for his biggest payday against Oscar than I will not blame him. I will take back everything I said! BUt for now, It does not look good for the man. IMO, Margarito thinks that those 3 fights are too risky, and would rather take the safer fight against Cotto. BUt thats me... I hope he does wait until June to fight Cotto... thats less I have to hear from these Margarito fans.

I agree that Floyd's reign at welter sucked but I dont think he had any intrest in ruling the division, He was targeting Oscar and once he beat Oscar he felt like he accomplished everything he wanted to do. He's been saying this since his 130 pound days!

Margarito will make more fighting Cotto a second time then he would fighting Mosley, Williams or Clottey...per Arum, there never was a $4 million offer from Goosen, he says if there was / is, the fight would be done.

That said, he would still be a hypocrite for his words, and following actions on Shane Mosley. Plain and simple. No one would fault going directly to a Cotto rematch, just do it without ridiculing a guy like Mosley, and then not fighting him, in the process. Calling a guy easy, and turning down a fight for good money is hypocrisy.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 22 2008, 12:07 AM) [snapback]412313[/snapback]
Margarito will make more fighting Cotto a second time then he would fighting Mosley, Williams or Clottey...per Arum, there never was a $4 million offer from Goosen, he says if there was / is, the fight would be done.

That said, he would still be a hypocrite for his words, and following actions on Shane Mosley. Plain and simple. No one would fault going directly to a Cotto rematch, just do it without ridiculing a guy like Mosley, and then not fighting him, in the process. Calling a guy easy, and turning down a fight for good money is hypocrisy.

You're absolutely correct... And calling Margarito a fraud was probably going overboard but I hope that all the Margarito fans understand that he is doing the same thing that Floyd did!
JD
Some do...and some don't I am sure.

Just as the Floyd fans ridiculing Margarito have a good percentage that do not understand (or care about) the hypocrisy in what they are griping about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.