Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Hagler Could Take a Punch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SorceryatCaesars
(as detailed in ‘Sorcery at Caesars’)

Hagler’s lineage provided him magnificent boxing genes – that much was certain. He was graced with long arms and shoulders as wide as his ambition. More remarkable was his temporalis – a muscle that runs across the skull at both temples. Most temporalis are a quarter-inch thick, but both of Hagler’s were one inch, a phenomenon that astounded his physician when it was discovered during a routine exam in 1983. Hagler’s temporalis acted as a natural helmet and almost certainly helped him absorb blows. But he was sensitive to the notion of freakish physicality, perhaps from a racial perspective, and bridled at questions about his temporalis.

Spyder
I wonder if Mexicans share this gene...
kidbazooka1
Hagler was a beast and one of my all time favorites he could take a shot with the best of em'.

It was also discovered sometime in the late 80's through a CAT scan that Julio Cesar Chavez had an abnormally thick cranium sounds similar to Haglers problem or should I say gift.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 23 2008, 04:06 AM) [snapback]412476[/snapback]
Hagler was a beast and one of my all time favorites he could take a shot with the best of em'.

It was also discovered sometime in the late 80's through a CAT scan that Julio Cesar Chavez had an abnormally thick cranium sounds similar to Haglers problem or should I say gift.

Too bad those genes didn't get passed down..
AussieLad
I know i get upset when women comment on my freakishly large penis drag.gif Its a problem that i have to deal with one day at a time
BigG
QUOTE(SorceryatCaesars @ Nov 22 2008, 04:01 PM) [snapback]412344[/snapback]
(as detailed in 'Sorcery at Caesars')

Hagler's lineage provided him magnificent boxing genes – that much was certain. He was graced with long arms and shoulders as wide as his ambition. More remarkable was his temporalis – a muscle that runs across the skull at both temples. Most temporalis are a quarter-inch thick, but both of Hagler's were one inch, a phenomenon that astounded his physician when it was discovered during a routine exam in 1983. Hagler's temporalis acted as a natural helmet and almost certainly helped him absorb blows. But he was sensitive to the notion of freakish physicality, perhaps from a racial perspective, and bridled at questions about his temporalis.

Amir Khan also shares this trait.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 23 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]412603[/snapback]
Amir Khan also shares this trait.

So does Wladimir Klit!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 23 2008, 06:42 PM) [snapback]412582[/snapback]
Too bad those genes didn't get passed down..

Actually that may be one of the things that Jr. may have going for him. Im not saying it he takes a shot aswell as his father did but I have yet to see him get dropped or even wobbled. In the first Vanda fight he was tired as sh*t thats why he was getting banged up but I've never seen him hurt from a shot. Obviously the opposition has much to do with that but there have been several top fighter who were dropped very early in there careers by no name fighters. Chavez Jr. also took some pretty hard shots from Sanchez who is condsidered a pretty decent puncher.

As matter of fact I think Jr. has a very good chin his problem IMO is conditioning which comes down to hunger and how bad you want it.
Spyder
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 24 2008, 02:14 PM) [snapback]412719[/snapback]
As matter of fact I think Jr. has a very good chin his problem IMO is conditioning which comes down to hunger and how bad you want it.

It's hard to be hungry when you're born into a privileged environment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.