Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Undercard of Hatton-Paulie...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
What do you all think of Kirkland? He's a pretty exciting fighter. I'd like to see him in there with Chavez Jr.
JonnyBlaze
Kirkland has improved since I last saw him..Ann Wolfe still has some things to work on with him though..I really like her style of training..She's old school all the way..The dude he was fighting was pretty pathetic though..He was tired basically the whole fight and not just tired but dead tired..Kirkland should of ended him on his own but the guy didn't wanna go and ya can't take that away from him..I'd like to see Kirkland use his right hand more..I can remember one combo he threw,a jab,uppercut,and hook from his right hand and it looked sweet..It's one of my favorite combos to throw when shadow boxing..I'm righty though..Anyway, he and Wolfe should work on improving his right hand since a southpaw with a good right hand all around is anyones nightmare..Pac-man has improved so much because of his right hand(well,and his balance)..
Lil-lightsout
He looks like he will make for some exciting fights, but from this performance he does not look like champion material to me. Looks like he had a lot missing in his arsenal, just did not look real polished in there. But then maybe it had something to do with his opponent.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I want to like Kirkland but to me he is just too hittable.

I've already seen him wobbled a few times and his defence is nil. He looks pretty one dimensional and any half decent fighter will counter him to death all night long.
kidbazooka1
Kirkland is good his power will make him a force in the divison.
D-MARV
Kirkland will be KO'd soon! BUt I'll enjoy it while he lasts
Big Slim Sweet
I agree with the general sentiment here. Kirkland is fun to watch but not ticketed for the future elite. He's too sloppy and his face looks like it doesn't handle punishment too well. He's going to get busted up and stopped soon.
Mean Mister Mustard
He's too musclebound. Unless he wants to be the next Lacy he needs to stop hitting the weight room.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 23 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]412551[/snapback]
He's too musclebound. Unless he wants to be the next Lacy he needs to stop hitting the weight room.

That's one thing I noticed too..Ann Wolfe is more old school when it comes to training so I wondered how he was looking so big..If he eased up on the weights,his stamina would improve..No doubt about it..
Douchebag
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 23 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]412588[/snapback]
I know it's incredibly sexist, but I couldn't have a female telling me what to do in a corner. It would have to be a male for me.

I would use the word gay instead of sexist.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 23 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]412588[/snapback]
I know it's incredibly sexist, but I couldn't have a female telling me what to do in a corner. It would have to be a male for me.
Anne Wolfe is not your ordinary Female!
BigG
Do you think you can take Anne Wolfe in a street fight?

D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 24 2008, 10:45 AM) [snapback]412693[/snapback]
Do you think you can take Anne Wolfe in a street fight?

Wolfe KO1 Tyson
JonnyBlaze
Ann Wolfe is a beast and would KO the average man outside the ring..She and Laila have skills better than all other chicks in boxing..Holly Holm is another girl who is extraordinary..They have real good technique and if the technique is there with the females,they are a major force..Technique=gaining power,speed,and accuracy..I could name some other chicks off the top of my head but I think ya all get the point..

Don't ya all remember the talk of Ann Wolfe fighting a dude??There has never been talk of that before or after..Correct me if I'm wrong though,I just don't think it has happened..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 24 2008, 09:46 PM) [snapback]412791[/snapback]
I don't care, sure she is stronger than the average man. But a lot of male fighters aren't the 'average' man. I have nothing against a guy that can get trained by a woman, but I couldn't when it comes to boxing. It would put me off, and I would constantly be going for second opinions anyways from males.

You're exactly right..I said average man just because of that..Fighters are not average men by far..I don't think I'd mind being trained by Ann..I do typically like being trained by older trainers though..Younger trainers are more of a toss up if ya ask me..They may be good but I really wonder how much knowledge they have so early..Younger guys will also teach ya all they can where as some older guys have unlimited amounts of things to teach..That's just the way I feel and also what I've learned so far from 4 different trainers..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.