Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ricky Hatton vs. Manny Pacquiao at 140...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Imagine the atmosphere...

These guys have the craziest following.

Ricky looked really good vs. a solid champion (weather you like Paulie or not...he is a good champ).
mexi-cutioner
I salivate at the thought of that fight going down, I'd have to say Pacquiao with a late TKO victory, but it could really go either way both are brawlers who come straight forward and pack pretty heavy punches
slap
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Nov 23 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]412487[/snapback]
I salivate at the thought of that fight going down, I'd have to say Pacquiao with a late TKO victory, but it could really go either way both are brawlers who come straight forward and pack pretty heavy punches

Yeah your right the way this 2 guys fight it could go either way but don't you think its a lil 2 early 2 b talking about this fight I really don't think pac will beat oscar but if he does pac-man by late tko
D-MARV
This would be a great fight...

DAMN, I hope Manny Pac beats Goldie
Maxy
Yeah I'd love to see this if Pac can shock me by overcoming all the disadvantages to beat De La Hoya.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 23 2008, 04:35 AM) [snapback]412485[/snapback]
Imagine the atmosphere...

These guys have the craziest following.

Ricky looked really good vs. a solid champion (weather you like Paulie or not...he is a good champ).

Biggeorge ........ That is the fight that should have been made.

Not this DLH farce that is for the sole purpose of sending DLH into retirement with a good send-off. That is BS and I do hope to GOD that the Pac-man rips DLH to shreds and ruins the selfish, self-serving plans of that pompous bitch.

Hatton vs Pacquiao ----- Is a winner matchup.
gods son
Hatton with tighter defense would prevail!
Last Nights Hatton would be a 60-40 chance for pacman to beat him.
kidbazooka1
Malignagg would have never been a title holder if it wasn't so easy now in days to pick up one of these straps.

Manny beats Hattton in an entertaining war.

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 23 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]412555[/snapback]
Malignagg would have never been a title holder if it wasn't so easy now in days to pick up one of these straps.

Manny beats Hattton in an entertaining war.

attaboy kidbazooka, i like the way you're thinking now laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
I'm very curious to see how Pacquiao takes DLH's punches at a weight I feel is far too great for him. Like I've said in other threads Pacquiao has been rocked below 135 by good but not great punchers... so until I see him walk through some hard shots above that I'll question his ability to take shots. The DLH fight will answer this. That said, if DLH knocks Pacquiao out (like I expect him to) I would take Hatton over Pacquiao simply based on the fact that I wouldn't expect Pacquiao to be able to take Hatton's shots at 140 either. If Pac proves me wrong and walks through DLH's punches, I'd probably pick him in a close, competitive decision over Hatton.

Douchebag
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 23 2008, 08:01 PM) [snapback]412617[/snapback]
I'm very curious to see how Pacquiao takes DLH's punches at a weight I feel is far too great for him. Like I've said in other threads Pacquiao has been rocked below 135 by good but not great punchers... so until I see him walk through some hard shots above that I'll question his ability to take shots. The DLH fight will answer this. That said, if DLH knocks Pacquiao out (like I expect him to) I would take Hatton over Pacquiao simply based on the fact that I wouldn't expect Pacquiao to be able to take Hatton's shots at 140 either. If Pac proves me wrong and walks through DLH's punches, I'd probably pick him in a close, competitive decision over Hatton.

I don't think it's fair to judge whether Pac could take Hatton's punch at 140 based on what he does with DLH. There aren't many natural welters that can take a DLH's punch.
lloyd mayflower
a distinctly average stevie forbes took them and im pretty sure hes not a natural welterweight

i hope beyond hope that whatever happens its hatton v pacman. DLH doesnt deserve another massive payday in front of one of the biggest if not the biggest boxing crowds ever assembled to fight yet another fighter who is naturally far too small for him
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 23 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]412624[/snapback]
I don't think it's fair to judge whether Pac could take Hatton's punch at 140 based on what he does with DLH. There aren't many natural welters that can take a DLH's punch.

Right.. What I'm saying though is that Pac HAS been hurt at 126-135 by punches... so I can only assume that a good puncher at 140 like Hatton would be able to hurt him. However, If Pacquiao shows a decent ability to take DLH's shots at 147 maybe it means he takes a shot better with added weight. Who knows, maybe in fights where he's been hurt in lower divisions he's been drained to make weight or something. I doubt that's the case, but just throwing things out there.

lloyd mayflower
i could get sidetracked here by a severe hatred for james toney... but u might be right, maybe forbes does have a good chin but i reckon if DLH still had the power he used to he wouldnt have struggled to get forbes out of there. although id prefer hatton v pacman id be far more confident of hattons ability to take DLH at maybe a catchweight of 144 than i was of his ability to take floyd. DLH recently claimed he could get back down to 140. maybe since hatton is suddenly the man in demand he should hold out for that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.