Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate it when boxer...........
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
This thread is to post shit that boxers do in or out of the ring that annoy you.

I'll start.

Hate it when some boxers that are not fundamentally sound lift their back foot off of the ground when they throw their power punch. Kelly Pavlik does this shit sometimes when he throws the right cross. You see him lift his right foot off the ground and he looks discombobulated as fuck.

Add on.
STEVENSKI
I hate it when a fighter turns their back on their opponent usually when fleeing their opponents punches. Certain fighters do it regulary like Mundine & PBF & I am of the opinion that it should be a instant 2 point deduction for the first offense & a DQ for any subsequent ones.

Too many times fighters display cowardice & then get rewarded when their opponent lands a "rabbit" punch by having points deducted from the offensive fighter.
oozemcbuck
i hate when fighters grunt/scream everytime they throw a punch. it sounds like "HAA- HAAA" , OR "HUUH". there's a couple, but the most annoying gotta be peterson (the jr welter i think).
iron_mike
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 23 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]412638[/snapback]
I don't like it when fighters look to referees for help. In some cases it's cool when a fighter says something to the referee, but it's annoying when they sometimes become reliant. They stop turn around, or hold there nuts and just try start a break on their own terms without a referee giving them permission first.

I would say Kermit Cintron falls under this category
The CEO
I hate it when boxers stick out their tongue after eatin' a good shot...like Paulie did last night....

Either do nothing or nod your head and take YOUR turn...
The CEO
Does he stick his tongue out or just open his mouth in a weird fashion?

I don't remember exactly...but yeah...I remember him doing something I didn't approve of...

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(oozemcbuck @ Nov 24 2008, 02:32 AM) [snapback]412641[/snapback]
i hate when fighters grunt/scream everytime they throw a punch. it sounds like "HAA- HAAA" , OR "HUUH". there's a couple, but the most annoying gotta be peterson (the jr welter i think).

I think White Buffalo would disagree with that. It is what gives Franz his god like power.
D-MARV
I hate it when Alan Green looks down at his feet every 3 seconds. I can't wait till someone catches him in the act!
Box in Hand
I hate when fighters retreat to the corners for a rest. This is a fight, you should always come in tip top shape. Fighters used to go 15 brutal rounds and these half asses get tired before 7 rounds. This is combat and you should always come in immaculate shape.

D-MARV
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Nov 24 2008, 02:51 PM) [snapback]412731[/snapback]
I hate when fighters retreat to the corners for a rest. This is a fight, you should always come in tip top shape. Fighters used to go 15 brutal rounds and these half asses get tired before 7 rounds. This is combat and you should always come in immaculate shape.

you mean the 60 sec break in between rounds?
Maxy
I hate it when a boxer loses a fight and comes out with bullshit excuses like, "I had the flu, I couldn't spar for weeks cos I injured my hand etc etc..."
PR316
I hate it when a fighter keeps his hands low and constantly gets caught with punches. Zab Judah is the prime example of this. He tries so hard to be slick like Mayweather, B-Hop, and Pernell Whitaker and he just embarrasses himself time and again. Then he tops it off by starting to talk shit when the other fighter is kicking his ass, particularly in his fights with Mayweather and Cotto.

I hate it when a fighter says that "This was my training camp" for EVERY SINGLE FIGHT he has. Particularly De La Hoya. His new nickname should be "The Broken Record" because its the same thing over and over again.

And I also hate it after a fighter loses, that he'll say "I didn't feel right, it wasn't me in there." Angel Mandredy did it everytime. Kelly Pavlik did it after his fight with B-Hop saying he had an off day. Antonio Tarver does it everytime he has a bad performance.

I have others but I can't think of them all now.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 24 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]412734[/snapback]

Right, the 60 second break is its new name. Roy Jones is a master of the 60 sec break.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 24 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]412734[/snapback]

I'm talking about during the round. Not the Rope a Dope, just a plain ole lay on the rope and rest type of deal.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Nov 24 2008, 03:37 PM) [snapback]412749[/snapback]
I'm talking about during the round. Not the Rope a Dope, just a plain ole lay on the rope and rest type of deal.

Gotcha!!!! Yeah that does suck!
Lil-lightsout
I hate when fighters come in 20lbs. or more over there weight class on the night of the fight, after making the limit the day before.

I hate when fighters have a stipulated weight contract, and when the fight comes and they don't make the contracted weight.

I hate when certain fighters are always changing trainers.
Thegreatequalizer
i hate it when i pay big $$$ for a ppv and then the guy gets knocked out and the fights over. i didn't get all the rounds i paid for.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Nov 24 2008, 07:51 PM) [snapback]412731[/snapback]

No no no you are all wrong. That is why fighters are bigger, stronger, faster, more skilled, better fighters & far fitter than the old ones. At least that is what some would have you believe anyway.

If you get a guy who has had say 40-50 fights & get him to fight a comparable fighter who has had 200+ fights then who has more battle experience & will be better prepared for anything they face?
ROLL DEEP
I hate it when a fighter is hurt, or they get hit with a bad ass shot and they do a dance, or pretend to have wobbly legs, to show everyone that they're not hurt.
STEVENSKI
I like it when a fighter gets cracked & they smile wobble their knees & then unleash a barrage of punches a lot harder & more accurate than what they just took. Does not happen often but I crack up when it does.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 24 2008, 06:53 PM) [snapback]412769[/snapback]
I like it when a fighter gets cracked & they smile wobble their knees & then unleash a barrage of punches a lot harder & more accurate than what they just took. Does not happen often but I crack up when it does.

Mayorga was good at that!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 24 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]412775[/snapback]
Mayorga was good at that!

Stevenski said accurate,which is something Mayorga is not..hahaha..Pac-man is good at that though..Lennox Lewis did it too,like against Shannon Briggs..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 24 2008, 05:50 PM) [snapback]412756[/snapback]
i hate it when i pay big $$$ for a ppv and then the guy gets knocked out and the fights over. i didn't get all the rounds i paid for.

I hope you're not a MMA fan then..I also like getting some rounds before something like that happens..By the way,I'm not a MMA fan at all..The guys who people like are the guys getting quick KO's,which tells ya nothing about the fighter besides he has power to KO THAT guy..In boxing you learn more about the fighters in the ring by what they like to do and can do well and also what they are bad at..More skill in boxing if ya ask me..This isn't a MMA thread but had to add that in there..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I hate it when fighters say in the build up 'this is gonna be a war!' or 'somebody's leaving in a bodybag' or my personal favourite 'I'm gonna give him a whooping' only for them to stick and run all night.

I also hate it when fighters get knocked seven ways of senseless and are looking for the referree to stop it, only to complain and dog the ref when he actually does stop it, acting like they actually wanted to go on!
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 24 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]412790[/snapback]
Stevenski said accurate,which is something Mayorga is not..hahaha..Pac-man is good at that though..Lennox Lewis did it too,like against Shannon Briggs..

Ask Vernon Forrest if those punches were accurate enough!
mexi-cutioner
I hate it when you spend a good $50-60 on a PPV fight and by the end of the night the undercard fight between two fighters you've heard relatively NOTHING about was alot more exciting than the actual main event...
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 24 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]412793[/snapback]
I hope you're not a MMA fan then..I also like getting some rounds before something like that happens..By the way,I'm not a MMA fan at all..The guys who people like are the guys getting quick KO's,which tells ya nothing about the fighter besides he has power to KO THAT guy..In boxing you learn more about the fighters in the ring by what they like to do and can do well and also what they are bad at..More skill in boxing if ya ask me..This isn't a MMA thread but had to add that in there..

Better got to Hooters, buy a beer and watch it for free then.
King Eugene
I hate when boxers fight for only money and they haven't proven theirselves yet.

I HATE WEAK UNDERCARDS

I hate when Calzaghe brags about his padded record.

I hate when so called good boxers fight once, maybe twice a year. Whatever happen to fighers having 3 and 4 fights a year?

I hate when boxers have no power and force me to sit through 12 rounds of pillow punching leading me to fall asleep until 2 minutes of the second round of the main event.

I hate more but I'll leave it there for now.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 24 2008, 11:01 PM) [snapback]412811[/snapback]
Ask Vernon Forrest if those punches were accurate enough!

I'd rather ask DLH..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 25 2008, 04:37 AM) [snapback]412837[/snapback]
I hate when so called good boxers fight once, maybe twice a year. Whatever happen to fighers having 3 and 4 fights a year?

Back in the day some guys would fight every week..Hell,Willie Pep fought 3-4 times in a week sometimes..Fighters these days are just too lazy..3-4 fights a year is still bad if ya ask me unless you get cut alot or had a injury..Actually if you get KO'd you have a wait a certain amount of time before ya get back in the ring too..When you're hot,ya gotta keep going and not waste valuable time..Guys like Emanuel Augustus show the desire to get a fight by taking a fight on a days notice..This effected his career bad but it showed he just wanted to get in the ring and not wait around for someone to decide if they think they want to fight him..
BigG
Emmanuel Augustus IS the fucking man....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 25 2008, 04:50 AM) [snapback]412840[/snapback]
Emmanuel Augustus IS the fucking man....

For sure..To take a fight on a days notice says a lot about a guy..Especially if he's in shape too!!He may of lost quite a few that way but that's just cause he didn't have the full 8 weeks to train..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
That's what I love about Toney and Chavez.

sure they are may be one generation back form the most modern fighter but they still managed to squeak in acombined 196 fights between them.

Whoops! This is supposed to be the hate thread.
mrwigi
i hate when guys that need to give it up wont.... I.E.. roy jones. these guys are goin to get seriously hurt. they just cant be the fighters the used to be and they need to understand that.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 25 2008, 05:15 AM) [snapback]412844[/snapback]
I'm sure fighters would be fighting more frequently if they were fighting for peanuts like they did back then. There is just too much money involved now, they can afford to fight a lot less and because there is so much money involved, they need the extra time to train, heal or whatever.
Back then it would have been there job, hence why they had to fight so much because what they made in all those fights, some fighters may make that in one fight these days.

Good point,for the most part..I like fighters who want to show their talent and not sit on it because of money..I know quite a few boxers fight for the money but I wish that wasn't the case..

That brings me to my next point,I hate when boxers say other boxers shouldn't be boxing because they don't have to..Lamon Brewster said this about W. Klitchko..The Klitchkos love boxing like I do and do it because they love the sport,not because of money..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.