Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mike tyson interview on boxtalk
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
i was hoping someone had the link to the tyson interview on boxingtalk... if so i was hoping you could link it... thanks...
thehype
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 24 2008, 12:42 AM) [snapback]412671[/snapback]
i was hoping someone had the link to the tyson interview on boxingtalk... if so i was hoping you could link it... thanks...

For what? It's several days old and it was only 4 questions. I'll give you the synopsis:

Hatton-Malignaggi?

Malignaggi is going to catch a beatdown.

You see Zab's last fight?

Yeah. He's not into fighting anymore. He's just going through the motions.

De La Hoya-Pacquiao?

De La Hoya. And if he doesn't win, he should retire and go into hiding.

What kind of shape you in?

Not as fat as I was, but I'm still eating pretty good.

There you go. That's all it is.
Box in Hand
This is why I say Figthype rules. You have to pay to read. I mean what the %$#$ is that crap, charging people to read. Hey, everyone has to make money but #@#$ gimme a break.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(thehype @ Nov 24 2008, 08:46 AM) [snapback]412687[/snapback]
For what? It's several days old and it was only 4 questions. I'll give you the synopsis:

Hatton-Malignaggi?

Malignaggi is going to catch a beatdown.

You see Zab's last fight?

Yeah. He's not into fighting anymore. He's just going through the motions.

De La Hoya-Pacquiao?

De La Hoya. And if he doesn't win, he should retire and go into hiding.

What kind of shape you in?

Not as fat as I was, but I'm still eating pretty good.

There you go. That's all it is.

wow was that it?... that is crap....
thehype
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 24 2008, 07:06 PM) [snapback]412770[/snapback]
wow was that it?... that is crap....

Yep. That was it. Nothing more. 4 questions...4 short answers...and to think people are actually getting suckered into paying for that. Pretty lame.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 24 2008, 11:20 PM) [snapback]412825[/snapback]
You probably shouldn't ask about boxingtalk on here if you are looking for a legitimate answer. You will probably never get an honest answer, just like you won't get one about this board over there.
There is still a lot of bitterness between the two, so I probably wouldn't ask questions about boxingtalk here.

But I bet Hype is right on this occasion.

Lets see if I can guess the general gist of how it went.

BT: Hi Mike what's the latest and greatest?

MT: Nothing man I'm just chillin.

BT: Who do you pick on Saturday?

MT: I think Malianaggi catches a beatdown.

BT: Who do you like between Manny and Oscar?

MT: Manny's my man but Oscar will be too big. If he doesn't win it's time for him to retire.

BT: What sort of shape are you in these days Mike?

MT: Not too bad, I've lost a little weight but I'm still eating pretty good.

BT: Anything else to say to the fans?

MT: Everything's cool, thanks for their support and remember to stay tuned into BoxingTalk, for all the best in boxing.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST!!!

That will be $5.95 or whatever it is please.

How did I do?
thehype
I don't think he was asking for an opinion though...he was asking for what was said and that's what I gave him...paraphrased of course, but literally, that was it. Four questions...four short answers. Now, if he was asking for my opinion, I would have directed him to the Monkey Business thread. LOL. But as far as the interview goes, that's what was said. I'm sure someone with a membership can verify. Anyone with a membership? Is that basically what was said in the Mike Tyson exclusive?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 25 2008, 12:36 AM) [snapback]412826[/snapback]
But I bet Hype is right on this occasion.

Lets see if I can guess the general gist of how it went.

BT: Hi Mike what's the latest and greatest?

MT: Nothing man I'm just chillin.

BT: Who do you pick on Saturday?

MT: I think Malianaggi catches a beatdown.

BT: Who do you like between Manny and Oscar?

MT: Manny's my man but Oscar will be too big. If he doesn't win it's time for him to retire.

BT: What sort of shape are you in these days Mike?

MT: Not too bad, I've lost a little weight but I'm still eating pretty good.

BT: Anything else to say to the fans?

MT: Everything's cool, thanks for their support and remember to stay tuned into BoxingTalk, for all the best in boxing.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST!!!

That will be $5.95 or whatever it is please.

How did I do?

Greg,why are you posting things you make members pay 50 bucks for over there on here for free??

That's how good ya did Ollie!!hahaha.. clapping.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 26 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]412962[/snapback]
Greg,why are you posting things you make members pay 50 bucks for over there on here for free??

That's how good ya did Ollie!!hahaha.. clapping.gif

No problem Jonny anytime.

I must admit much to my eternal embarrassment that I can get that stuff down pat because I was once (blush) a member.

However that was a long long time ago in the dark days before I found fighthype.

All I'll say is that little rat faced bastard no longer gets my money. I think 'Brad from Australia' is probably his only paying customer left. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 26 2008, 03:52 AM) [snapback]412966[/snapback]
No problem Jonny anytime.

I must admit much to my eternal embarrassment that I can get that stuff down pat because I was once (blush) a member.

However that was a long long time ago in the dark days before I found fighthype.

All I'll say is that little rat faced bastard no longer gets my money. I think 'Brad from Australia' is probably his only paying customer left. LOL

hahahaha..Brad from Australia..We might as well name him "the goony from down under."

I too was once a member..I'll also admit that it was worth it too..All the money I gave that dude was worth it because Hype got me a phone call from Diego Corrales..It sucks I coughed up money to that snake but Corrales made all that worth it..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 26 2008, 03:01 AM) [snapback]412967[/snapback]
hahahaha..Brad from Australia..We might as well name him "the goony from down under."

I too was once a member..I'll also admit that it was worth it too..All the money I gave that dude was worth it because Hype got me a phone call from Diego Corrales..It sucks I coughed up money to that snake but Corrales made all that worth it..

Yep all things considered that's money well spent. V. cool.
blackbelt2003
OK gents, here it is. I just decided to check if I was still registered, as I used to get a free membership when I was a contributor. Looks like they've overlooked wiping me off the list!

This heavyweight division is crazy. That Klitschko brother (Vitali) came back and dominated that African boy [Sam Peter]. It's going to be tough for anybody to beat them unless they knock them out. What happened to your boy in England, minister? [Monte Barrett]

GL: It just wasn't Monte's night.

Mike Tyson: "Shit happens, but you've been busting your ass for them kids and he's done well. Hopefully he can get it together and come back because I like Monte."

GL: Who do you like in Hatton-Malignaggi?

MT: "I'm Brooklyn all day, but Malignaggi is going to get what's known as the business tonight. Hatton is way too strong for him and his people are going to have to save him from getting really damaged."

GL: Did you catch Zab Judah's last fight?

MT: "I keep my eyes on him, I don't think he really wants to fight no more. I think he's going to through the motions, for real. He's got all the talent, he just has to want to live this game and I'm not sure that's something he wants to do."

GL: Who do you like in De La Hoya-Pacquiao?

MT: "De La Hoya is going to win and if he doesn't he needs to retire and hide his face for the next decade."

GL: What kind of shape are you in? When I saw you six months ago, you were straight-up round. Four months ago, not so much. How are you looking these days?

MT: "I'm not as round as when you first saw me, but I'm good. I'm eating well and I'm enjoying life."

There we go, that was it. Worth the money? I'll let you decide!

Black
Rabbit Punch2
Actually, pretty insightful commentary from Mike.. Dead on too.
D-MARV
Greg is robbing people over there!
neophyte7
TYSON IS PATHETIC AND OVERRATED... HE IS NOT A TOP TEN HEAVY OF ALL TIME... nowhere close
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.