Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chris arreola
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
i was hoping someone on this board could give me a little bit of background on chris arreola amateur days... also who he used to spar with... i've had my eyes on him for his last few fights and i think he might be becoming a force... any feedback is appreciated.. thanks..
D-MARV
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 25 2008, 12:23 PM) [snapback]412859[/snapback]
i was hoping someone on this board could give me a little bit of background on chris arreola amateur days... also who he used to spar with... i've had my eyes on him for his last few fights and i think he might be becoming a force... any feedback is appreciated.. thanks..

The only thing I know from his amatuer days was that he fought a over 100 hundread fights than ended up quitting. He resumed 4 years later and made some noise immediately! I have no further info on him. Check out HBO's piece they did on him. But I have been saying this for a couple f years now... Chris Arreola will be Heavyweight Champion!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 25 2008, 11:37 AM) [snapback]412861[/snapback]
The only thing I know from his amatuer days was that he fought a over 100 hundread fights than ended up quitting. He resumed 4 years later and made some noise immediately! I have no further info on him. Check out HBO's piece they did on him. But I have been saying this for a couple f years now... Chris Arreola will be Heavyweight Champion!

i have to agree marv... i know his boxing style is crude but he takes what looks like a hellava punch and he brings serious pain in both hands... i think he can do it... i think...lol
pcraw
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 25 2008, 02:13 PM) [snapback]412868[/snapback]
i have to agree marv... i know his boxing style is crude but he takes what looks like a hellava punch and he brings serious pain in both hands... i think he can do it... i think...lol

I'm about to interview him and I'll ask for you bro.

Percy
BGv2.0
Man...I have no idea why anybody would call this dude Champion material! lol

He has looked like hell just fighting scrubs IMHO....

And I don't see how any deductions can be made about his chin when he has never fought somebody that can test it.

He just looks like absolute crap to me. Even moreso than Peter ever did.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 25 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]412870[/snapback]
Man...I have no idea why anybody would call this dude Champion material! lol

With the way the division is now... It would be no surprise if any of the top 15 guys become champion!

He has looked like hell just fighting scrubs IMHO....
22 KOs in 25 fights with his last 5 fight lasting no longer than 3 rounds!

And I don't see how any deductions can be made about his chin when he has never fought somebody that can test it.

It will be tested this saturday... and anyone who can walk though the "HEAVYWEIGHT" division without being rocked once in their career must have a decent jaw!

He just looks like absolute crap to me. Even moreso than Peter ever did.

DONT YOU EVER IN YOUR LIFE! compare anyone to the pure garbage that was Sam Peter.
Mean Mister Mustard
This thread is boring without JohnnyBlaze's newfound hate for Arreola.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 25 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]412881[/snapback]
With the way the division is now... It would be no surprise if any of the top 15 guys become champion!

22 KOs in 25 fights with his last 5 fight lasting no longer than 3 rounds!

It will be tested this saturday... and anyone who can walk though the "HEAVYWEIGHT" division without being rocked once in their career must have a decent jaw!
DONT YOU EVER IN YOUR LIFE! compare anyone to the pure garbage that was Sam Peter.

Very few in the top 15 can get past Wlad and Vitali.

22KOs in 25 fights means nothing when those 25 guys were soft, easy opposition.

I myself don't consider Travis Walker a HUGE test.....it's one decent young HW Vs. another.....but far from a true "test". I'd like to see Arreola in with the likes of McCline, Briggs or Chambers to test certain aspects of his ability.

And I don't compare him to Peter....as right now despite the awful last outing....Peter is the higher commodity IMHO. There is no comparison.

Much like Arreola, Peter may not have a lot of skill.....but at the very least I've seen him in the ring with the likes of James Toney, Wlad and Vitali Klitchko and McCline.

Obviously you are quite the fan of Arreola's......which is cool....but for me...a guy has to earn my respect.

Arreola has not done jack shit as of yet IMHO. Now Povetkin on the other hand has.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 25 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]412903[/snapback]

I myself don't consider Travis Walker a HUGE test.....it's one decent young HW Vs. another.....but far from a true "test". I'd like to see Arreola in with the likes of McCline, Briggs or Chambers to test certain aspects of his ability.

And I don't compare him to Peter....as right now despite the awful last outing....Peter is the higher commodity IMHO. There is no comparison.

Much like Arreola, Peter may not have a lot of skill.....but at the very least I've seen him in the ring with the likes of James Toney, Wlad and Vitali Klitchko and McCline.

Obviously you are quite the fan of Arreola's......which is cool....but for me...a guy has to earn my respect.

Arreola has not done jack shit as of yet IMHO. Now Povetkin on the other hand has.

LOL...
Arreola KOs Povetkin in 5!!!! that was some funny $hit!
rusty_trombone
Can we change his name to Chris "Tittyballspot"?
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 25 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]412907[/snapback]
LOL...
Arreola KOs Povetkin in 5!!!! that was some funny $hit!

He MIGHT!

BUT....he would actually have to get in the ring with him to do so.

That's my point.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 25 2008, 01:23 PM) [snapback]412859[/snapback]

Arreola fucking sucks!!!He is the biggest peice of garbage at heavyweight..Sam Peter would whoop him so I don't see how anyone would be offended by comparing the 2..They both suck..Arreola has such bad technique..Peter actually knows he needs to work on his and he actually has gotten a jab out of that already..Peter is going no where and Arreola isn't even going to get close to where Peter did..I'd rather see Peter's stomach that looks like he has a tire in than see Arreola sporting full B/C cups and a belly like James Toney..I can remember Arreola's team saying that the fat on his stomach is baby fat,well I never heard of a 27 year old man still having his baby fat..He is just fat from eatting burritos all the time like he said..The only thing I'd be interested in seeing is who can eat more burritos,Toney or Arreola..I'd put my money on Toney just because I don't think Arreola could win any major event in his life..

Lennox Lewis "Arreola's style is like a caveman"

Enough said..Once he fights someone like either Klitchko,he is quite possibly going to put into retirement..He says he wants to go out on his sheild,well he'll go on on a stretcher..I wouldn't mind seeing that either..
JonnyBlaze
You guys are soo crazy to even think Arreola could become champ..I can't believe this shit..He had no defense!!Klitchko's would pick all the fat off his bones(which is A LOT) and then KO him..No one has tested his stamina either..He relys on power like Tyson did in the late part of his career..He is no Tyson when it comes to power..Actually,I would say his power is very average for a heavyweight..It's nothing great at all..I see him getting very tired in a fight with a guy who is actually ranked in the top 20 and then being KO'd..His hype will all be gone soon guys,so thank me for informing you all about the truth..
Fitz
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 26 2008, 05:17 PM) [snapback]412956[/snapback]
Peter's stomach that looks like he has a tire

To Peter's credit, he actually has one of those solid belly's. It's one of those that actually suit him, and it doesn't look like lack of training. Some guys just generally have them, and I personally think it doesn't look like Peter is out of shape, as he always looks solid and firm, not loose and flabby.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 26 2008, 02:35 AM) [snapback]412960[/snapback]
To Peter's credit, he actually has one of those solid belly's. It's one of those that actually suit him, and it doesn't look like lack of training. Some guys just generally have them, and I personally think it doesn't look like Peter is out of shape, as he always looks solid and firm, not loose and flabby.

Peter does have a solid stomach..The reason why it looks like that is because he is 6'0 and weighs 250-260 lbs in my opinion..He is solid but I don't see someone who is 6'0 having a 6 pack or a flat looking stomach at that weight..There is no point to weigh that much when you are 6'0 either..Yet,he some how gets in real good shape even with all that weight on him..I'd really want to see him come in at 230..I wonder how much he weighs outside the ring normally..
Fitz
I'm only defending him because I'm like 5"11, about 190, and don't have a flat stomach. I never have and never will, even though the rest of me is alright, lol.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
[quote name='JonnyBlaze' date='Nov 26 2008, 01:17 AM' post='412956']
Arreola fucking sucks!!!He is the biggest peice of garbage at heavyweight..Sam Peter would whoop him so I don't see how anyone would be offended by comparing the 2..They both suck..Arreola has such bad technique..Peter actually knows he needs to work on his and he actually has gotten a jab out of that already..Peter is going no where and Arreola isn't even going to get close to where Peter did..I'd rather see Peter's stomach that looks like he has a tire in than see Arreola sporting full B/C cups and a belly like James Toney..I can remember Arreola's team saying that the fat on his stomach is baby fat,well I never heard of a 27 year old man still having his baby fat..He is just fat from eatting burritos all the time like he said..The only thing I'd be interested in seeing is who can eat more burritos,Toney or Arreola..I'd put my money on Toney just because I don't think Arreola could win any major event in his life..

I agree Jonny I think James would beat Arreola at a burrito eating competition. Because you're right I doubt Chris could win anything major but I also bet James'competitive streak would come through and he'd wanna take the opposition out!

A couple of months ago Tua was being lined up to fight Arreola and I fucking love that fight.

Tua may be faded and almost as overweight as Chris but he punches like a mule and has awesome natural stamina. I am sure that if they ever fight at some point that dumbsky Arreola would have put his chin in front of Tua and boom! that's all she wrote.

I'd like to see that fight just to see if Arreola can take a heavyweight punch, cause I know Tua can.
BigG
Arreola is nothing special. Wlad would absolutely destroy him.

The truth is, Calvin Brock is better than Chris Arreola!
D-MARV
LOL... You guys are so wrong, But Time will tell!
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 25 2008, 09:37 AM) [snapback]412861[/snapback]

That was a nice little piece they did on him. I live and work right by everywhere they showed. Right now I am probably less then 5 miles from the mountain they show him running on
Mean Mister Mustard
Ahh, JohnnyBlaze chimed in. The thread is complete.
D-MARV
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Nov 26 2008, 12:15 PM) [snapback]413001[/snapback]
That was a nice little piece they did on him. I live and work right by everywhere they showed. Right now I am probably less then 5 miles from the mountain they show him running on

That's cool... You must see alot of boxers then!
Spyder
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 26 2008, 01:35 AM) [snapback]412960[/snapback]

Maybe he was one of those starving african kids that you see on TV...with the fat bellies? It's possible that he just never lost it.

He is Nigerian
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Nov 26 2008, 01:32 AM) [snapback]412958[/snapback]
You guys are soo crazy to even think Arreola could become champ..I can't believe this shit..He had no defense!!Klitchko's would pick all the fat off his bones(which is A LOT) and then KO him..No one has tested his stamina either..He relys on power like Tyson did in the late part of his career..He is no Tyson when it comes to power..Actually,I would say his power is very average for a heavyweight..It's nothing great at all..I see him getting very tired in a fight with a guy who is actually ranked in the top 20 and then being KO'd..His hype will all be gone soon guys,so thank me for informing you all about the truth..

I doubt seriously that Wlad Klit would destroy Arreola! Wlad would be so worried about getting hit!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 25 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]412903[/snapback]

well we might get to find out in the next few months... i have been hearing some rumbling that should arreola get past travis which he should pretty easy peter might be his next fight... that should be as good a test as mccline briggs and chambers dont you agree? and for the record i could see arreola blasting out wladimir klit. then again there are a lot of fighter that will stand at least a punchers chance against him... vitali will be the klit. to beat...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 26 2008, 11:41 AM) [snapback]413009[/snapback]
I doubt seriously that Wlad Klit would destroy Arreola! Wlad would be so worried about getting hit!

agreed 100%
D-MARV
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Nov 26 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]413039[/snapback]
well we might get to find out in the next few months... i have been hearing some rumbling that should arreola get past travis which he should pretty easy peter might be his next fight...

Samuel Peter wouldn't stand a chance! Arreola KO4
BigG
Dmarz, I'm sorry bro I just don't see anything special at all about Arreola. I think the guy looks like a obese version of Daniel Ponce De Leon except without the power
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 27 2008, 06:08 PM) [snapback]413151[/snapback]
Dmarz, I'm sorry bro I just don't see anything special at all about Arreola. I think the guy looks like a obese version of Daniel Ponce De Leon except without the power

Its all good bro! Im the only one on this forum who likes Arreola!

I think Chris can crack with both hands, I like his toughness, he has a solid chin, and he is just fun to watch! Provided that he can get down to 230-235 and stay committed, I definitely see this man as a Champ in the near future! He has his hands full tomorrow, Travis Walker is not that bad of a fighter but I expect Arreola to KO him within 5!

offtopic.gif

I think Arreola Vs Haye would be Fireworks with Haye ending up stretched by round 4!
kidbazooka1
Im not sold on Arreola's chin just yet but if he has a good one I'll say he might just be able to make some real noise.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 27 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]413169[/snapback]
Its all good bro! Im the only one on this forum who likes Arreola!

I think Chris can crack with both hands, I like his toughness, he has a solid chin, and he is just fun to watch! Provided that he can get down to 230-235 and stay committed, I definitely see this man as a Champ in the near future! He has his hands full tomorrow, Travis Walker is not that bad of a fighter but I expect Arreola to KO him within 5!

offtopic.gif

I think Arreola Vs Haye would be Fireworks with Haye ending up stretched by round 4!

Well chris weighed in for his fight at an eye popping 254 pounds according to FightNews. Good to see he's staying comitted. LOL.
D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 28 2008, 09:18 PM) [snapback]413278[/snapback]
Well chris weighed in for his fight at an eye popping 254 pounds according to FightNews. Good to see he's staying comitted. LOL.

Hey, The man can put them damn Draft Beers down! LOL, He still KOs Walker in 5.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Arreola actually has some decent natural tools to work with. If he gets hate on these boards it's because the fans don't feel as though he takes it seriously enough. 254 pounds is really unprofessional.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 29 2008, 12:47 AM) [snapback]413293[/snapback]
Arreola actually has some decent natural tools to work with. If he gets hate on these boards it's because the fans don't feel as though he takes it seriously enough. 254 pounds is really unprofessional.

That...plus his sling for the fences "style"....is ugly as hell and once put in front of anybody with any skill whatsoever....he will get either KO'd or beat up UGLY!

I love HWs....so if anybody can appreciate a good power punch KO producing fighter...it's me. BUT...I do like at the very least a small amount of skill with it.

That was the thing about a young prime Tyson.....watch how he kept his hands up and rolled with punches and used his feet and side to side head movement....very defensive minded...yet throwing power punches that would break bones and cause pain. And when he threw those punches...they were tight and closed off...and as soon as he landed his hands were back int he defensive position.

Compare that to the sloppy, looping shit that Arreola utilizes and it's just ugly as hell! Plus he leaves himself WIDE FN OPEN....that shit is not going to let you last long with guys like the Klits.

Don't get me wrong....his style does make for exciting fights...and that's a good thing...but that is not going to win you belts against top guys.....no way.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 29 2008, 01:27 AM) [snapback]413294[/snapback]
That...plus his sling for the fences "style"....is ugly as hell and once put in front of anybody with any skill whatsoever....he will get either KO'd or beat up UGLY!
I love HWs....so if anybody can appreciate a good power punch KO producing fighter...it's me. BUT...I do like at the very least a small amount of skill with it.

That was the thing about a young prime Tyson.....watch how he kept his hands up and rolled with punches and used his feet and side to side head movement....very defensive minded...yet throwing power punches that would break bones and cause pain. And when he threw those punches...they were tight and closed off...and as soon as he landed his hands were back int he defensive position.

Compare that to the sloppy, looping shit that Arreola utilizes and it's just ugly as hell! Plus he leaves himself WIDE FN OPEN....that shit is not going to let you last long with guys like the Klits.

Don't get me wrong....his style does make for exciting fights...and that's a good thing...but that is not going to win you belts against top guys.....no way.

Whoa, come on! You're comparing Arreola to an All Time Great! That's not really fair. Chris does have a little skill, nothing great but good enough to win a Heavyweight championship! Look at the champions now... With the exception of Vitaly I will would give Chris a shot against any of those guys! Dont get me wrong... Chris is not great but which Heavyweight would you consider great?

Come On Now, We have an exciting AMERICAN Heavyweight on the scene... When was the last time we had that? And to top that all off, he is a 6'4 250 pound Mexican! Go Figure.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 26 2008, 05:07 AM) [snapback]412972[/snapback]
Arreola is nothing special. Wlad would absolutely destroy him.

The truth is, Calvin Brock is better than Chris Arreola!

Calvin Brock is a hell of a lot better than Arreola..Brock had actual skills..Arreola is just horrible and its pathetic to see anyone stick up for him..Arreola is a disgrace to the sport after hearing his weight for the fight.."I'm going to put down the burritos and get in serious shape from now on"----Bullshit!!That guy should weigh 220-235 at most..235 is being generous too..If ya believe the Arreola hype,you're just as stupid as the people who believed in the Kimbo hype..Both of them are jokes but Arreola is more of a joke..Kimbo would come in to fight in crazy good shape atleast..Getting in shape should be the #1 priority for every fighter..

Arreola will soak up with hype by fighting bums..Damarv,Arreola has 0 skill..Not even a little like you think..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Anybody think Walker has a shot tonight? Walker ain't no bum, I've seen him fight live a couple times here in Minnesota. He's got some decent power, and some good skills. I think he'll give Arreola a run tonight. Arreola is a bit overrated, and basically a slugger. If Walker doesn't fold under the pressure it will be a tough fight for Arreola. We'll see what happens though.
D-MARV
Travis Walker is definitely not a bum... He can fight, Arreola will have his hands full!
rusty_trombone
Wasn't Walker Avon's boy? Him and Kermit Cintron? Didn't he have some dealings with their camps or some shit. Ahh Avon, he certainly was a joo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.