Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Delahoya vs. Pacquiao: Preview, Poll, and Predictions Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
How do you see this fight going down? A great two-sided war? A one sided beating? Will Oscar's weight/punch be too much for Manny? Will Manny's speed and quickness be able to give Oscar problems and to what extent? Discuss the fight in detail here and please vote in the poll!

Jack

Administrator
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 25 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]412882[/snapback]
How do you see this fight going down? A great two-sided war? A one sided beating? Will Oscar's weight/punch be too much for Manny? Will Manny's speed and quickness be able to give Oscar problems and to what extent? Discuss the fight in detail here and please vote in the poll!

Jack

Administrator

The CEO
Well...it should be DLH by KO...but I wouldn't be surprised to see him carry Pacquiao to a 116-112, 115-113 Decision....

That being said...I'm rooting for a no strings attached Pacquiao win.
Box in Hand
Sorry for the mix up. De la Hoya always comes up short in his biggest fights. This shouldn't be any different as the smaller and quicker man frustrates him in route to a Split decision.
Jack 1000
The main element is the weight disparity in this fight, which is a shame, because if Manny was at least a division to a division and a half bigger or Oscar was at least two divisions smaller, this fight would be much harder to pick and have an even greater interest. Critics say that this should be an easy fight for Delahoya for one very good reason. Manny can't come in at a strong enough fighting weight to hurt Oscar. But Oscar, (Who we know has fought at 160) can hurt Manny, maybe badly. I want to know the weight that they come in WHEN THEY ARE IN THE RING. Not just the weigh-in, but what are they going to weigh the day of the fight. Even the extra pounds that Manny might put on during that time won't help. Manny will be too drained late in the fight.

However, one thing you can say about this fight is however long (or short) it lasts. Manny's got the heart of a lion and the speed of a cheetah. However, keep in mind that this speed is at his natural fighting weights. I mistakenly picked Oscar over Mayweather because I thought the weight would be too much for Floyd. Floyd overcame that with speed and quickness. But Manny's about two sizes too small for this fight to be the two-sided classic it could have been. Now it's a big money last fight for Oscar, with an opponent who is much too small. That's the problem.

At what what should Manny come into the ring at to be as competitive as possible? What weight will Oscar be?

My pick will be Manny will brawl, take about 3 early rounds but get drained because of the added weight. I think Manny will be KO'd in the 10th. Good, although one-sided action, too one sided by the middle rounds. Shit, if Manny was at a more natural weight for this fight and Oscar was smaller as I commented above, this fight could have been like Mosley-Delahoya I or better.

Jack
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 25 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]412887[/snapback]
The main element is the weight disparity in this fight, which is a shame, because if Manny was at least a division to a division and a half bigger or Oscar was at least two divisions smaller, this fight would be much harder to pick and have an even greater interest. Critics say that this should be an easy fight for Delahoya for one very good reason. Manny can't come in at a strong enough fighting weight to hurt Oscar. But Oscar, (Who we know has fought at 160) can hurt Manny, maybe badly. I want to know the weight that they come in WHEN THEY ARE IN THE RING. Not just the weigh-in, but what are they going to weigh the day of the fight. Even the extra pounds that Manny might put on during that time won't help. Manny will be too drained late in the fight.

However, one thing you can say about this fight is however long (or short) it lasts. Manny's got the heart of a lion and the speed of a cheetah. However, keep in mind that this speed is at his natural fighting weights. I mistakenly picked Oscar over Mayweather because I thought the weight would be too much for Floyd. Floyd overcame that with speed and quickness. But Manny's about two sizes too small for this fight to be the two-sided classic it could have been. Now it's a big money last fight for Oscar, with an opponent who is much too small. That's the problem.

At what what should Manny come into the ring at to be as competitive as possible? What weight will Oscar be?

My pick will be Manny will brawl, take about 3 early rounds but get drained because of the added weight. I think Manny will be KO'd in the 10th. Good, although one-sided action, too one sided by the middle rounds. Shit, if Manny was at a more natural weight for this fight and Oscar was smaller as I commented above, this fight could have been like Mosley-Delahoya I or better.

Jack

I don't think Manny's speed and or endurance will be affected for this fight. Pacquiao's endurance is like no other and from watching the media day videos, his speed looks like it hasn't been affected too much by the weight gain. Reports on his website are that he went over 30 rounds today on the mits,shadow boxing,sparring, heavy bag etc and his stamina remained in tip top form throughout.
What I do think will be a factor is wether or not he can take Oscar's power punches and get inside Oscar's long jab and reach advantage.
As for Oscar, I think going down to 147 will eventually have an affect on his body, either weakening it or causing him to lose stamina or both. Is it just me, or does Oscar look fairly pale in his training photos/media day coverage?? not to mention the nice black eye he has been sprting throuhgout training...
BigG
I'm picking Pacquiao by decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't care too much for this fight and I think it is low for DLH to have even wanted this. That being said DLH thinks this will be an easy fight because of his size. I am not too sure about that. First off Pacquiao's dynamism, speed and improved defense will all figure into Roach's plan of a guerila ring war, lots of movement to keep Godlie off balance and to dart in and out. Their plan will probably be to get out before DLH fires back.

DLH has never done well against soutphaws, his right hand is not a god weapon and you can bet Pacquiao has been training to avoid the left hook. DLH will have to go to the body to slow down the smaller man but he has never beena concistent body puncher. I think Paquiao will be too quick and elusive for him.

Give me Pacquia by UD.
dbdbdb
Wishful thinking - Pac-Man by decision.
But knowing the fix is already in with the so-called judges, Pacquiao would have to KO that Golden-Prick.

And that's what pisses me off about this matchup, even if Pacquiao does well and outpoints the prick, he would still lose because the idiot paid-off judges will still favor the Golden-Prick.

And Boxing shouldn't be about helping to send bitch-ass boxer's off to retirement with a win. Its about two MEN face to face doing battle and may the best man win. I don't care how much revenue DLH generates, he shouldn't get any special treatment when it comes to scoring the cards.

This so-called fight pisses me off more than any fight in history and it hasn't even happened.

D-MARV
Give me Pacquiao by Decision so we can bring on:

MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO "THIS TIME IT"S FOR THE GLORY"
rusty_trombone
i hope pac-man kicks the fuck out of gay la hoya. what a bitch fighting a guy who fought pro @ 112. jesus, he couldn't get verne troyer to fight?
Jack 1000
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Nov 25 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]412905[/snapback]
Wishful thinking - Pac-Man by decision.
But knowing the fix is already in with the so-called judges, Pacquiao would have to KO that Golden-Prick.

And that's what pisses me off about this matchup, even if Pacquiao does well and outpoints the prick, he would still lose because the idiot paid-off judges will still favor the Golden-Prick.

And Boxing shouldn't be about helping to send bitch-ass boxer's off to retirement with a win. Its about two MEN face to face doing battle and may the best man win. I don't care how much revenue DLH generates, he shouldn't get any special treatment when it comes to scoring the cards.

This so-called fight pisses me off more than any fight in history and it hasn't even happened.

I understand your anger and frustration. This is just a fight for Lampley to shake the pom-poms for Oscar's final fight. The one consolation is that it is Manny Pacquio and not someone like Steve Forbes who was just brought in as a Mayweather-Delahoya infomercial.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 25 2008, 06:30 PM) [snapback]412922[/snapback]
The fix is in? DLH doesn't need judges, it won't be a controversial decision. DLH is winning this. Pacquiao has been hurt by Morales and Marquez, this guy isn't going to convince me against DLH.
It's pretty much just up to DLH, just how bad he wants to beat Pacquiao, much like it was up to Jones on what he wanted to do with Trinidad. Pacquiao isn't going to have a say in this fight, it's all going to be on DLH's terms and what he wants out of this fight.

Agreed,

I don't think there will be any need to go to the cards, nor do I see a close fight during the match. Delahoya dominates once Pacman feels his added power and weight. No judges needed for this.

Jack
The CEO
People are actually picking Pacquiao.......

That's about as bold as picking Mosley over Margarito.....
The CEO
shiftyeyes_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 25 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]412926[/snapback]
People are actually picking Pacquiao.......

That's about as bold as picking Mosley over Margarito.....

My lack of caring for this fight allows me to make the outlandish pick.
kidbazooka1
WOW the DLH hate on this board is just overwhelming you would have thought he was fooling around with everyone's mom around here.

History has shown that the only fighters that have troubled DLH were slick boxers. Whitaker, Floyd, Hopkins and Mosley the first fight. When you come at him wildley like Mayorga did he takes you out Pacqiuao's aggressivness will leave him open to a left hook just like the one he got caught with agianst Marquez in the 2nd rd of the rematch. Unless DLH is completley done by fight night I say he takes Pacqiuao out within 5rd with his vintage left hook.
BrutalBodyShots
DLH KO6 Pacquiao.

DLH will have some trouble early just adjusting to Manny's speed/upper body movement and his in and out style. By rounds 3-4 Oscar will be landing the shots that move Pacquiao and that are telling... and I don't see Pacquiao standing up to those past the 6th.

Jack you mentioned weights above. My official guess is that Pacquiao weighs in at 146 on Friday and on fight night is 151. I'll guess that DLH is 147 at the weigh in and 156 on fight night. Regardless of the weights, DLH being significantly taller and naturally larger I think will make him look much the bigger man when the two are toe to toe. Having been muscled around there by bigger guys like Vargas and Hopkins, DLH certainly won't have to worry about being the weaker guy in there.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Despite all the pre fight jibber jabba De la Hoya by brutal stoppage somewhere in the middle rounds, but who knows maybe even quicker.

Then we'll have the treat of Oscar going on like 'wow I can't believe I've just knocked out the number one p4p fighter in the world.'

As has been mentioned before nothing but an infomercial for DLH-PBF 2.

I will be pulling for Pacquiao big time, as I think Oscar getting beat up by a midget would be fucking hilarious.
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 25 2008, 05:47 PM) [snapback]412913[/snapback]
Give me Pacquiao by Decision so we can bring on:
MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO "THIS TIME IT"S FOR THE GLORY"

But in order for that to happen, Mayweather would have to work with Arum. Floyd swore up and down that he would not work with Arum EVER again...
dbdbdb
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 25 2008, 09:53 PM) [snapback]412941[/snapback]
I will be pulling for Pacquiao big time, as I think Oscar getting beat up by a midget would be fucking hilarious.

laugh.gif That would make this whole fiasco worthwhile.
Lil-lightsout
Oscar by KO in 4 rounds. What happens to Pac when he gets hit by a real Welterweight with good power? And I am not talking about sparring with headgear and 16 ounce gloves. I do not see Pac being able to avoid Oscar's power for too long. I think Oscars uppercuts could be key in this fight as the shorter Pac comes forward to engage Oscar. At some point Manny is going to trade with Oscar and Boom, it's all over. I will be shocked if Pacman makes it the distance.
Douchebag
Oscars chin is to good for Pacquiao to hurt him and thats the only Manny can win.
mexi-cutioner
This doesn't specifically imply the members of the board, but in general, i'm sick of hearing day in and day out in articles and several boxing forums how this is nothing but a "freak show", "circus show", stupid farce etc etc. Yes the size different in this fight almost appears insurmountable but why does everyone have to be negative nancies and put down what is evidently a GOOD thing for boxing? YES thats right i said it...a GOOD thing. This is pitting the most popular boxer (oscar delahoya) vs the #1 p4p oxers(Pacquiao) with arguably two of the biggest fan bases in boxing. This fight is gaining attention and maybe boxing could get back on the map if pessimists didn't keep going around teling everyone wat a joke this is. Why can't people respect the fact two fighters are trying to rekindle a dying sport the best way they kno how and respect the fact that Manny Pacquiao is putting everything he has on the line to FIGHT (yes fight not DUCK whihc happens more often in boxing than acutal fighting) a fighter half a foot taller and on average, 20 pounds or so heavier than him. Isn't that what boxing is all about????????? Fighting the best and taking all comers, not just simply staying within ur weightclass or comfort zone for a fighters own comfort and ease. Some of the best boxers of all time stepped out of their comfort zone and fought above their weightclass in order to truly fight the best of the best (ie: Roy Jones, Roberto Duran....keep that in mind people..this fight isn't ALL bad
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Nov 28 2008, 01:47 AM) [snapback]413190[/snapback]
This doesn't specifically imply the members of the board, but in general, i'm sick of hearing day in and day out in articles and several boxing forums how this is nothing but a "freak show", "circus show", stupid farce etc etc. Yes the size different in this fight almost appears insurmountable but why does everyone have to be negative nancies and put down what is evidently a GOOD thing for boxing? YES thats right i said it...a GOOD thing. This is pitting the most popular boxer (oscar delahoya) vs the #1 p4p oxers(Pacquiao) with arguably two of the biggest fan bases in boxing. This fight is gaining attention and maybe boxing could get back on the map if pessimists didn't keep going around teling everyone wat a joke this is. Why can't people respect the fact two fighters are trying to rekindle a dying sport the best way they kno how and respect the fact that Manny Pacquiao is putting everything he has on the line to FIGHT (yes fight not DUCK whihc happens more often in boxing than acutal fighting) a fighter half a foot taller and on average, 20 pounds or so heavier than him. Isn't that what boxing is all about????????? Fighting the best and taking all comers, not just simply staying within ur weightclass or comfort zone for a fighters own comfort and ease. Some of the best boxers of all time stepped out of their comfort zone and fought above their weightclass in order to truly fight the best of the best (ie: Roy Jones, Roberto Duran....keep that in mind people..this fight isn't ALL bad

I see your giving Manny all the credit in the world for taking on DLH but wouldn't it have been more respectable to fight a guy who many thought he lost agianst not once but for some twice in Marquez?

If Manny wins it's only because 1. The weight loss took everything out of DLH and 2. DLH is on the decline big time. Roach is no fool he knows a prime DLH would kill Manny but now that he's past his prime and is forced to drop all the way down to 147lb he feels it's a much safer fight for Manny. Manny beat two greats who were on the way down in Barrera and Morales if he some how manages to beat DLH they should start calling him Manny "the old man killer" Pacqiuao. But then again Im accussed of being a Pacqiuao hater so don't take my opinion to heart.

With that said DLH KO within 5.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 28 2008, 12:15 AM) [snapback]413194[/snapback]
I see your giving Manny all the credit in the world for taking on DLH but wouldn't it have been more respectable to fight a guy who many thought he lost agianst not once but for some twice in Marquez?

If Manny wins it's only because 1. The weight loss took everything out of DLH and 2. DLH is on the decline big time. Roach is no fool he knows a prime DLH would kill Manny but now that he's past his prime and is forced to drop all the way down to 147lb he feels it's a much safer fight for Manny. Manny beat two greats who were on the way down in Barrera and Morales if he some how manages to beat DLH they should start calling him Manny "the old man killer" Pacqiuao. But then again Im accussed of being a Pacqiuao hater so don't take my opinion to heart.

With that said DLH KO within 5.

KidBazoooka, you're not gettingthe point. I'm not talking about whether or not I think Pacquiao will win or giving Pacquiao all hte credit. I DO credit him for taking a fight in which nobody could believe he could win, you gotta give him credit for that as well. The point I am trying to make is for the pessimists out there to stop looking at the negativity and just be happy that two fighters including their promoters are doing what they can to revive a dying sport by pitting the most popular fighter in the world vs the 1 p4p fighter in the world. This is good for the sport because people are starting to take notice in this fight, hearing people talk about this fight that would normally knownothing about boxing or even care to follow it is a great thing.

PS: Pac in 10, Pacquiao remains the mexi-cutioner, Kidbazooka remains bitter AHAHAHAH
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Nov 28 2008, 04:38 AM) [snapback]413196[/snapback]
KidBazoooka, you're not gettingthe point. I'm not talking about whether or not I think Pacquiao will win or giving Pacquiao all hte credit. I DO credit him for taking a fight in which nobody could believe he could win, you gotta give him credit for that as well. The point I am trying to make is for the pessimists out there to stop looking at the negativity and just be happy that two fighters including their promoters are doing what they can to revive a dying sport by pitting the most popular fighter in the world vs the 1 p4p fighter in the world. This is good for the sport because people are starting to take notice in this fight, hearing people talk about this fight that would normally knownothing about boxing or even care to follow it is a great thing.

PS: Pac in 10, Pacquiao remains the mexi-cutioner, Kidbazooka remains bitter AHAHAHAH

I disagree but there's no point in debating with Pac-Maniacs.

Let me just say both DLH and Manny are taking this fight for the money period. If Pacqiuao really wanted to jump up and weight and fight the best he would have went after Maragrito but he knew he wouldnt last 3 rds so he went after the cash cow who is now past his prime. I say this because you seem to be giving Manny alot of credit for taking a fight against a past his prime fighter despite if people still think he might lose.

I honestly think you guys are the most delusional so called boxing fans I've ever seen.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Nov 28 2008, 03:38 AM) [snapback]413196[/snapback]

PAc-Man IS NOT taking this fight to upset the odds of him winning, he took this fight for the HUGE payday it represents and to suggest anything different is totally and completely absurd.

additional note: Pac-Man will, after this fight have enough paper to retire for LIFE. How many fighter's are in a position to do that. PBF did it and to many other fighter's out there ..... Its a GREAT idea.
DHL wanted this fight to add substance to his so-called legacy -- He wants to be able to claim something worthwhile {i.e.. I beat the P4P best in the world} as his career is winding down.

additional note: This is equivalent to me grabbing a 95lb weakling and whipping his ass to impress my girlfriend. The act has absolutely no merit what-so-ever and is a cowardly way to claim prowess.
!
To summarize .... Pac-Man is fighting for MONEY - DLH is fighting for a false sense of GLORY and bragging rights.
!
In essense this fight has nothing to do with BOXING as a competitive sport. thumbsdown_anim.gif
King Eugene
Pac-Man gets stopped by DLH

Fights Hatton and lose a close decision and then wins the rematch.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ya know, I don't see this fight as that bad a mismatch. Mosley came up two divisions to face a younger De La Hoya and beat him back in 2000. I know Pacquiao started a lot lower, but for the last three years he's been fighting at 130. Pacquiao also has the speed in there as well. He's in his prime, and is hungry for this fight. However, I think De La Hoya's jab will be the key in this fight. It worked when he used it against Mayweather, and he'll use it all 12 rounds in this fight. He's taller than Pacquiao and will utilize that reach. Like someone said earlier, Pacquiao is going to try and rush in. He'll be open for that jab and all sorts of other shots. This should be an exciting fight for however long it lasts. Expect Pacquiao to even stun DLH with one of those big left hands. I just think at the end that jab will carry the fight. Even when Morales used his jab, he did well against Pacquiao. I got De La Hoya by decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
Is it me or am I lacking the feeling of anticipation for this fight? I don't see this as the megafight that The Ring website is promoting. At least they convinced us of it last year with DLH-Mayweather but not this one.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 29 2008, 03:15 PM) [snapback]413351[/snapback]
Is it me or am I lacking the feeling of anticipation for this fight? I don't see this as the megafight that The Ring website is promoting. At least they convinced us of it last year with DLH-Mayweather but not this one.

Agreed,

I wonder if the public sees the weight difference as well as the hardcore boxing people, and if because of this, they sense a mismatch. If this is the case, I hope they are wrong. I want it to be a good fight. But all of my prefight impressions are the same. This is like a man beating up a boy for big money, and I still feel the same way as previously stated. It doesn't seem fair for Manny to have this weight disadvantage. What other reasons for apathy regarding this fight could there be? I can't think of any. If it weren't for the size difference, this would have the makings of a great fight.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I am feeling the anticipation of this. We got the pound for pound best against the biggest draw of the last 10 years. If Pacquiao can pull this off he will not only be fighter of the year, but a top candidate for fighter of the decade. Will Pacquiao be able to carry all that speed and power up to 147? Will the weight loss weaken De La Hoya any? I don't think the size will be the hugest factor in this fight. De La Hoya's jab will be the biggest factor. If DLH can't get that jab poppin early in the fight, i dont see him being able to keep Pac off of him. Many fighters have gone up in weight to test their greatness, and much credit to Pacquiao for trying. It's going to be a fun night Dec. 6.
Mean Mister Mustard
By the way, if you look at the Ring's last issue they have their annual Top 100 list. They have DLH at #15, ahead of guys like Abraham. Come on now.
dbdbdb
There's a reason for weight classes -- and that's mainly to prevent mismatches.
!
This fight goes against the grain for financial gains. I'm not excited about this fight in the least, but I will watch the fight hoping The Pac-Man gets in a lucky shot that floors DLH for the count. Other than that, the outcome is quite obvious. Even if Pacqiao does well, he still has the judges {Who automatically favor DLH} to contend with.
ROLL DEEP
They're fighting in 8oz gloves. I read it in a British boxing publication. Supposedly Manny asked for them as he thinks they'll favour him.

Surely 8oz will be better for the heavier fighter; DLH?
gods son
pac will need to fight a full 2.5 mins per round to surpass oscar!
gods son
are you with me that i am anticipating the weigh in more than the fight itself!!

The Original MrFactor
This fight had no business being made. This reminds me of Klitschko vs Calzaghe. I expect DLH to KO Manny in about the 8th or 9th.
BigG
I just watched Williams-Margarito and what a fight it was! I scored it 7-4-1 Williams. Much respect to both guys and I know the rematch will come soon.

And I know Margarito has fought the better comp since the fight (Cotto/Cintron/Johnson) > Phillips/Quintana/Kolle but Phillips and Quintana were quality fighters.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 30 2008, 03:55 PM) [snapback]413456[/snapback]
I just watched Williams-Margarito and what a fight it was! I scored it 7-4-1 Williams. Much respect to both guys and I know the rematch will come soon.

And I know Margarito has fought the better comp since the fight (Cotto/Cintron/Johnson) > Phillips/Quintana/Kolle but Phillips and Quintana were quality fighters.

WTF?

And Mr Factor what do you mean by this fight reminds you of Calzaghe-Klit?
BigG
LOL...wrong thread.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 30 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]413458[/snapback]
WTF?

And Mr Factor what do you mean by this fight reminds you of Calzaghe-Klit?

I'm sorry... I should have put it IF Calzaghe fought Klitschko...
torvix2000
This is the most important question:

Since some people are not giving Pacquiao any "practical chance" of winning. Will they give him real unquestionable props if he wins?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Nov 30 2008, 01:31 PM) [snapback]413434[/snapback]
Even if Pacqiao does well, he still has the judges {Who automatically favor DLH} to contend with.

They didn't favor DLH against Mosley II or Trinidad.

salvador
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 1 2008, 05:50 PM) [snapback]413570[/snapback]
They didn't favor DLH against Mosley II or Trinidad.

And Pacquiao got TWO gift decisions over JMM.
Mean Mister Mustard
I've got no hype for this fight at all. The 24/7 episodes are actually turning me off the fight even more. The best 24/7 was without a doubt Mayweather-Hatton. Hatton's entourage were an interesting bunch and you could enjoy seeing Mayweather make an ass out of himself. Here they try to portray DLH and Pac Man as the nicest guys in the world. Thanksgiving dinner? Come on.
Lil-lightsout
This fight is getting no love on this forum, which I understand. I ordered Pavlik-Hopkins, Calzaghe-Jones, and now Hoya-Pac. I wish I would have skipped the first two PPV, they were terrible!!! Now I am about to shell out another $60 for this hoping to see an exciting fight. Is anyone going to watch this live, or just waiting for the replay?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 1 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]413601[/snapback]
Haha, I always love this. The same guys who complain about Oscar getting gifts always seem to forget about the ones that go the other way. A lot of selective memory at times with Oscar.

I was wondering, how much is the Pacquiao fight going for in the land down under?
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 1 2008, 07:33 PM) [snapback]413599[/snapback]
This fight is getting no love on this forum, which I understand. I ordered Pavlik-Hopkins, Calzaghe-Jones, and now Hoya-Pac. I wish I would have skipped the first two PPV, they were terrible!!! Now I am about to shell out another $60 for this hoping to see an exciting fight. Is anyone going to watch this live, or just waiting for the replay?

I can't wait for this fight. I'm heading out to Vegas and should be a damn goodtime this weekend.

When the fight was first made I thought Manny had a legit chance based on this huge edge in handspeed but the closer we get I keep thinkning back to the Pacquiao v Larios fight.

Larios caught Manny on the ropes and hurt him badly. Worse than either Morales or Marquez ever did. And I started thinking what happens when De la Hoya connects like that.

That said, I think it will be a competitive exciting fight while it last.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.