Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serious question abou the Wlad/Rock fight.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
Rock recieved a pretty decent cut in his last fight. It seems a little soon to me.

About how long does a guy need for a cut to heal fully?

If it's not been long enough...I think it makes even more sense for Rock to just go out and try to do the same thing he did to Meehan....he will more than likely fail....but if he trys to jab with Wlad all night....recent scar tissue on that eye could get opened up fairly easy.

ALSO....on the topic of cuts....Has anybody ever heard about the validity of rubbing beef brine into your face?

I know an old school famous boxer used to do it....and it made him look like a leather hand bag....but they say it worked.

Anybody know if this is true?
JD
Depends on the fighter really.

Remember Vitali's eyelid after the Lewis fight? He was back in the ring 5 1/2 months later...this is 5 months later and I don't think it was nearly as bad, you know?
salvador
I actually care about this fight and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned out to be competitive for at least the first half of the fight.

And as idiotic as it is at this point, I still think Rahman can be dangerous - particularly if he can make it a sloppy fight. Wlad's not going to be able to lean on him all night and Rahman has heavy hands.

I've heard that about brine -wasn't that Jack Dempsey?
D-MARV
Rahman doesn't stand a chance!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Apart from beating an unfocused Lewis who can tell me any of Rahman's significant wins?

This guy is garbage but he keeps getting opportunity after opportunity. fact is cut or no cut Toney wobbled him in their last fight. If it comes the day that JT is wobbling you with one shot in the HW division then it's time to pack it in.

Klit in 6 or less.
STEVENSKI
Yeah Dempsey would soak his mitts & face in brine & coal tar if I remember correctly.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 26 2008, 09:45 PM) [snapback]413079[/snapback]
Apart from beating an unfocused Lewis who can tell me any of Rahman's significant wins?

Rock's win over Corrie Sanders was fairly significant. Not the stuff of greatness but gutsy and exciting.

That said, Wlad in 4.
D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 26 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]413079[/snapback]

This guy is garbage but he keeps getting opportunity after opportunity. fact is cut or no cut Toney wobbled him in their last fight. If it comes the day that JT is wobbling you with one shot in the HW division then it's time to pack it in.

Klit in 6 or less.

A Prime Rahman wasn't so bad but he wasn't great either. He gave David Tua Hell in both of thier controversial fights, Was up big time against Maskaev until he got KTFO, and he has wins over Corrie Sanders, Meehan, and Monte Barrett. IMHO he beat James Toney in thier first fight as well. So he hasn't had a bad career just nothing to brag about!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 26 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]413079[/snapback]

Klit in 6 or less.

Years ago he was decent. Like Slim said already, his win over Sanders was good and an exciting fight. Demarvelous1 said Tua fights and Toney first fight, which I agree with. But overall to me he has had way more shitty performances than good ones. He no way deserves this fight. This is such a mismatch that I very highly doubt it makes it past the second round.

As far as the cut goes, I do not know, but I doubt it will be a factor in this fight anyway.
BigG
Who cares about this fight...The only Heavyweight fight I care about is anything involving James Toney and Klitschko-Haye
BGv2.0
YES!!! It was in fact Dempsey!

I just don't know if it's ever been proven to actually work.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 26 2008, 09:39 PM) [snapback]413090[/snapback]
lol, has wins over Meehan? Why did you even mention that name? You may as well mention about half of his resume then.

Fitz, are you kiddin me? Meehan is a Legend! A Prime Meehan destroys any Heavyweight that wold have stepped in his way. unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.