Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
alaganza
Can any of you guys give any information on Haye?

With his recent move up to HW i would like to know is he the "goods"? Or is he another loud mouth selling wolf tickets?
i have not been able to scout the guy myself. (Can't seem to catch his fights)

Thanks
Lil-lightsout
I have seen him fight a few times and like his speed and power. He seems to want to fight the best now and prove himself. Time will tell soon enough when he gets hit by a big heavyweight how his chin responds. I really hope he gets matched with a top 5 opponent next, or even a title shot. The heavyweight division is awful right now anyway, he seems like he probably has a good shot at winning a belt.
blackbelt2003
David may not be the best heavyweight in the world, and probably never will be, but he IS one of the most exciting.

His fights, especially at heavyweight where he will be more vulnerable, are must-see TV, which is why, after just one big fight everyone is talking about him and Klitschko when in truth he needs another year or two's seasoning.

Black
1zz
The Barrett fight could of gone bad quickly.

Haye needs to get more HW experience.
ROLL DEEP
David Haye is a good fighter. His titles and performances at Crusier show that.

Obviously fighting at Heavy is different, but he has the tools.

The only 2 questions about Haye are his stamina and his chin. He has pretty much everything else, imo. The Barrett fight, although he won and it was the most exciting heavyweight fight in a while, wasn't a superb performance.

His speed looked brilliant, picked his shots, was accurate, but something was missing. He should've got Barrett out of there cleanly.....or am I being too picky?
BigG
I think the division needs someone like him right now. He has great speed, power and he talks alot of crap....he has a good chance to beat Wlad IMO but Vitali will destroy him
D-MARV
Chris Arreola will do more in the Heavyweight division then Haye would ever do!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 28 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]413215[/snapback]
I think the division needs someone like him right now. He has great speed, power and he talks alot of crap....he has a good chance to beat Wlad IMO but Vitali will destroy him

Why do you think Vitali will destroy him? Haye is way faster than Peter, and Vitali keeping his hands that low the whole fight could spell disaster for Vitali. Not saying Vitali wouldn't beat Haye, but I think there is a really good chance of Haye hitting Klit with one of his bombs. Klit got out of the way of Peter's slow lumbering shots, I can not see him avoiding Hayes shots(unless he would KO Haye right away). Either way I would love to see David fight one of the Klits.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 28 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]413258[/snapback]
Why do you think Vitali will destroy him? Haye is way faster than Peter, and Vitali keeping his hands that low the whole fight could spell disaster for Vitali. Not saying Vitali wouldn't beat Haye, but I think there is a really good chance of Haye hitting Klit with one of his bombs. Klit got out of the way of Peter's slow lumbering shots, I can not see him avoiding Hayes shots(unless he would KO Haye right away). Either way I would love to see David fight one of the Klits.

I can see him possibly keeping Haye away with that Jab and making him look mediocore. I tell you what though, if Haye gets inside he will check that chin and we'll see how Vitali holds up. I'd still pick Haye anyway cause I hate them boring ass Klitz!
salvador
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 28 2008, 09:05 PM) [snapback]413258[/snapback]

Vitali's chin is too solid and his arms are too long for Haye. Vitali by ko in 8 - or less.

Wlad's chin might crack depending on how crafty Haye is.

I'd love to see Haye try to get inside on either of these guys.
JD
Wlad will jab Haye until he KO's him.

Vitali will club Haye until he KO's him.

Barret dropped Haye, even though it wasn't ruled a knockdown. David Haye was a hell of a cruiser, but Holyfield he is not.
Maxy
Haye's speed, power, trash talking and vulnerability make him the most exciting heavyweight out there but he's just as likely to be taken out by an average heavyweight as he is of beating a top one.

People talk about how he needs time to adapt to heavyweight but I don't agree. The sooner he gets a title shot, the better, because he'll never string together enough wins to become dominant at the weight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.