Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: if p-will wins on sat
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
seriously what would be next? especially if he looks good and ko's verno, nobody will want to go near him @147

maybe spinks at 154 or mayo but Think spinks is booked for a title fight and I wouldnt give mayo much of a chance and quite frankly mayo wouldnt do much for pauls name.

If arum doesnt want to put margs or clottey in there with him no way in hell he puts pavlik in there so we can throw that dream fight out the window.( for the record not saying kelly couldnt beat paul but just saying the risk/ reward prob wouldnt be worth it to arum)

Just getting a feeling that williams is gonna be that good fighter on the shelf that doesnt get to truly shine
Method
Pavlik will ANIHILATE PWill. stop with that "No way will Arum put him in there w PWill.

You guys act like this guy is the second coming of a young Tommy Hearns, and the motherfucker got beat by Carlos Quintana.

Swear to fucking GOD motherfuckers wanna talk about "Margarito fans", well, to be honest, I haven't really encountered many Margarito fans, but rather just people that would like to see him get some fights. On the other hand, there are these fucking PWill fanatics that act like this dude is a orce of destruction, and he got beat by Carlos fucking Quintana. STFU already.

Note - this post is not directed at you EpTXHAMP, but rather just overall at the net because it seems like everywhere you go it's "hands across America for PWILL".
JD
Pavlik will stop Williams in brutal fashion.

Williams presents none of the challenges Hopkins did. Pavlik didn't lose to Hopkins because he sucks, he lost to Hopkins because X is great.
BigG
Forrest would give Williams a great fight
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 28 2008, 06:32 PM) [snapback]413252[/snapback]
I actually think Pavlik lost to him with a combination of both. Hopkins being great, and Pavlik being kinda sucky.

LOL yea I was kind of thinking the same thing.

On the other hand I like PWill though and I think he is a good fighter which will eventually have to move up in order to get big name fights or he could just stay at 147 and fight all mandatories (who aren't affraid of him). Thats how some of the so called good fighters (wont call any names) made a name for their selves, by not ducking anybody and defending against all mandatories.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 28 2008, 05:04 PM) [snapback]413245[/snapback]
Pavlik will ANIHILATE PWill. stop with that "No way will Arum put him in there w PWill.

You guys act like this guy is the second coming of a young Tommy Hearns, and the motherfucker got beat by Carlos Quintana.

Swear to fucking GOD motherfuckers wanna talk about "Margarito fans", well, to be honest, I haven't really encountered many Margarito fans, but rather just people that would like to see him get some fights. On the other hand, there are these fucking PWill fanatics that act like this dude is a orce of destruction, and he got beat by Carlos fucking Quintana. STFU already.

Note - this post is not directed at you EpTXHAMP, but rather just overall at the net because it seems like everywhere you go it's "hands across America for PWILL".

if you were Arum would you? I mean seriously if he wouldnt put clottey who isnt much of a draw or name only to hardcore fans why would he put his big name fighter against pwill?

like I said its not that kelly cant beat him I'd favor kelly but the risk reward wouldnt be worth it. especially if williams was to pull the upset what would be left for kelly he'd have to go back to fighting likes of taylor and lacys lol

I'd like to see how kelly handles some southpaws with height and reach before I go out and say he'll anihilate williams but for now i'd go with a UD for kelly
King Eugene
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 28 2008, 07:11 PM) [snapback]413255[/snapback]
if you were Arum would you? I mean seriously if he wouldnt put clottey who isnt much of a draw or name only to hardcore fans why would he put his big name fighter against pwill?

like I said its not that kelly cant beat him I'd favor kelly but the risk reward wouldnt be worth it. especially if williams was to pull the upset what would be left for kelly he'd have to go back to fighting likes of taylor and lacys lol

I'd like to see how kelly handles some southpaws with height and reach before I go out and say he'll anihilate williams but for now i'd go with a UD for kelly

Anihilate Williams....NO. But beating him, he very well could do. I think Williams would pose a bigger threat than most would think. All he would have to do is keep that right hand of Pavliks at bay like BHop did. Hopkins did it by constantly throwing the jab cause Pavlik blocks the jab with his right hand. How would PWill do it? I dont know but I think his workrate and pace would play into the equation.

Give me PWill by decision.
JD
Williams defense, footwork, physical strength, ring smarts and technique aren't even in the same stratosphere as Hopkins.

Pavlik will throw the right over Williams SOUTHPAW jab.
King Eugene
Thats why he would have to have another strategy and use something different than his SOUTHPAW jab but it could still be done.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 28 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]413249[/snapback]
Forrest would give Williams a great fight

I don't know BG I personaly think Forrets is done even in the rematch with Mora I thought he looked like crap. Williams would stop him IMO.

I actually think PW would give Pavlik a run for his money.
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 28 2008, 08:32 PM) [snapback]413266[/snapback]
Thats why he would have to have another strategy and use something different than his SOUTHPAW jab but it could still be done.

LOL...another strategy, that you cannot think of, but it would not involve his jab. Like I said, Williams defense, footwork, physical strength, ring smarts and technique aren't even in the same stratosphere as Hopkins, who Pavlik fought at Light Heavy. Williams will flick that jab, and the right hand will come right over it...he isn't going to dispense with it, because he isn't going to go to war with Pavlik.
King Eugene
Williams is no Hopkins and in no way shape or form would I compare him to Hopkins. What I'm saying it dont just write it off as a loss. Just like we cant say Floyd would outbox the hell out of Margarito. I'd pick Floyd no doubt but what I'm saying is, it can happen.

Oh and I think PWill's footwork is good enough to keep him out of harms way even though he has been known to be hit very easy.

SO STILL give me PWill by decision.
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 28 2008, 08:52 PM) [snapback]413270[/snapback]
Williams is no Hopkins and in no way shape or form would I compare him to Hopkins. What I'm saying it dont just write it off as a loss. Just like we cant say Floyd would outbox the hell out of Margarito. I'd pick Floyd no doubt but what I'm saying is, it can happen.

Oh and I think PWill's footwork is good enough to keep him out of harms way even though he has been known to be hit very easy.

SO STILL give me PWill by decision.

I cannot really argue with the "it can happen" defense, as it applies to each and every single fight.

Of course it "can" happen.

I just wouldn't recommend betting on it based upon what I have already said.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 28 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]413272[/snapback]
I cannot really argue with the "it can happen" defense, as it applies to each and every single fight.

Of course it "can" happen.

I just wouldn't recommend betting on it based upon what I have already said.

Of if I was a betting man I'd lay it all down on Pavlik. But hell I wouldn't even bet on Roy in his prime.
caneman

QUOTE(3King3 @ Nov 28 2008, 09:00 PM) [snapback]413274[/snapback]
Of if I was a betting man I'd lay it all down on Pavlik. But hell I wouldn't even bet on Roy in his prime.

Really too bad Roid don't go for Pavlik...we would never have to hear his fans again & we could see Roid flinch helplessly on the canvas...it would be sweet! Paul is good & I do like him but I am with Method on this one...they talk about Margarito fan's but what the freak ever! I am outta thread!
King Eugene
QUOTE(caneman @ Nov 28 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]413279[/snapback]
Really too bad Roid don't go for Pavlik...we would never have to hear his fans again & we could see Roid flinch helplessly on the canvas...it would be sweet! Paul is good & I do like him but I am with Method on this one...they talk about Margarito fan's but what the freak ever! I am outta thread!

Pavlik over Roy? LOL Ok
D-MARV
Pavlik has never been in with a Southpaw who is longer than him and more active! Food for thought,

By The Way Pavlik wins but not "ANIHILATES"
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 28 2008, 09:15 PM) [snapback]413283[/snapback]
Pavlik has never been in with a Southpaw who is longer than him and more active! Food for thought,

my thoughts exactly in different words
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Nov 28 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]413283[/snapback]

Williams would not be as active when he got hit by Pavlik.

If Williams wants to win the fight on workrate, he will get hit trying to do so - and he has never been hit like Pavlik is going to hit him. After Verno, Williams should go after Forrest or Sergio Martinez.
salvador
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 28 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]413255[/snapback]

Where did you hear that Arum wouldn't let Clottey fight Williams?
Sugar Q
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 29 2008, 04:48 AM) [snapback]413298[/snapback]

I guess the objective is to get the 2 guys that have Margarito's number to fight each other so the subject can switch off why Tony isnt fighting them. Nice Sal but your boy Marg needs to man up. They dont really have to fight each other at this point but Margarito needs to see both guys to solidify his position.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 29 2008, 03:48 AM) [snapback]413298[/snapback]

goosen said in an interview.

also just a note: clottey has had about three to five interviews on btalk since beating zab. and he NEVER mentions paul as a possible opponent in any of them. even the most recent one he continues to call out the cottos mayweathers and bertos guys who obviously arent gonna fight him
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Nov 29 2008, 01:59 PM) [snapback]413336[/snapback]
I guess the objective is to get the 2 guys that have Margarito's number to fight each other so the subject can switch off why Tony isnt fighting them. Nice Sal but your boy Marg needs to man up. They dont really have to fight each other at this point but Margarito needs to see both guys to solidify his position.

Margarito has manned up his whole career. Margarito needs to get paid.
oozemcbuck
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 30 2008, 11:21 AM) [snapback]413423[/snapback]
Margarito has manned up his whole career. Margarito needs to get paid.

i read somewhere margarito was offered more money to fight p-will. if that's true, he ain't trying to get paid, he's doing what everyone else he talks about does. he critisized guys at the top for being that way, and now look at him. reminds me of my supervisor. when he first started, he would help out, driving the forklift, wrapping pallets, talking shit about the other supervisors who just sat at their desk sending e-mails. once he got comfortable, he was like every other supervisor. just sitting at his fucking desk sending e-mails....
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(oozemcbuck @ Dec 1 2008, 12:41 PM) [snapback]413534[/snapback]
margarito was offered 2x more money to fight p-will. he ain't trying to get paid, he's doing what everyone else he talks about does. he critisized guys at the top for being that way, and now look at him. reminds me of my supervisor. when he first started, he would help out, driving the forklift, wrapping pallets, talking shit about the other supervisors who just sat at their desk sending e-mails. once he got comfortable, he was like every other supervisor. just sitting at his fucking desk sending e-mails....

I guess I'm not going to hold Margarito to a higher standard just because he was vocal about getting shafted before making it to the top. He earned it the hard way, he should now reap the benefits.
oozemcbuck
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 1 2008, 12:26 PM) [snapback]413545[/snapback]
I guess I'm not going to hold Margarito to a higher standard just because he was vocal about getting shafted before making it to the top. He earned it the hard way, he should now reap the benefits.

true that, but there's more "benefit" ( $ ) in a p-will fight. i won't mind if he doesn't try to solidify his status as "THE MAN", but if HE cares about it, we all know he gotta fight him. not that i care..... it doesn't surprise you that marg hasn't even mentioned paul ? i thought he was a man of more pride, but, like you said, when you take the road marg took to the top, it's hard to give that feeling up right away. who knows if marg looses if he'll ever get that shot again ? he wants to get paid, safely... but he is giving cotto a rematch so i should'nt complain too much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.