Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TWC Subs in Central Texas: Upgrade to HD See Oscar and Manny For Free!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Hi All,

I don't live in the Texas area. But according to TWC's website if you are upgrading to HD service between now and December 6th, you can see Delahoya-Pacquiao for FREE! Don't know the specific details, but it still sounds like a good offer:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/centraltx/o...a_pacquiao.html

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 1 2008, 02:18 PM) [snapback]413561[/snapback]
Hi All,

I don't live in the Texas area. But according to TWC's website if you are upgrading to HD service between now and December 6th, you can see Delahoya-Pacquiao for FREE! Don't know the specific details, but it still sounds like a good offer:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/centraltx/o...a_pacquiao.html

Jack

Customer must purchase the event at full retail price up front, must be in good account standing on month 5, and must have maintained all package components throughout the past 5 months to receive credit for “The Dream Match” De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao on month 5. If qualifying Digital Cable Service is terminated prior to month 5, event credit is void.

that is a part of the small writing at the bottom of the page... you will have to pay full price for the event up front then if you keep the hd service for a full 5 months you will get a credit for the fight... the only problem i have with this deal is i have had time warner cable in the past (i live in texas) and their hd channels except for a few of thems quality is poor for hd... i switched to dish network and found their hd quality so much better...
thisneverworks
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Dec 1 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]413562[/snapback]
the only problem i have with this deal is i have had time warner cable in the past (i live in texas) and their hd channels except for a few of thems quality is poor for hd... i switched to dish network and found their hd quality so much better...

Cable companies are in a bit of a bind because thereis a limited amount of bandwidth they can send to homes and for that reason they must compress the hell out of their HD channels causing quality to suffer (or some would say suck). Satellite providers do not have that problem so their channels are much less compressed and look much, much better.
Jack 1000
I apologize for not reading all the fine print,

I suppose they have to have those disclaimers so that they don't lose money on the PPV for people who aren't in good standing with the company. It sounds like you have to pay for the fight upfront like any other situation when you get the HD upgrade, than if you are in good standing with the company, you get the credit after month #5.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.