Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jermain Taylor
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Al Hata

ok so the story has legs...
Lil-lightsout
Probably for doing his John Ruiz impression in his last fight.
Al Hata
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 1 2008, 07:25 PM) [snapback]413594[/snapback]
Why do people make threads that have no point? Big trouble is used pretty loosely. As in trouble with the law? Health trouble? Just trouble in boxing?

You say he is in serious trouble and leave. Put some effort in man.

I really didn't want to start a huge rumor without confirmation.
thehype
Actually Al Hata, I have a funny feeling I know what you're referring to. Details are sketchy at the moment, but I'm working right now to see if I can find out more info...

BRB
iron_mike
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Dec 1 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]413596[/snapback]
I really didn't want to start a huge rumor without confirmation.

Enquiring minds want to know! What was the rumor????
Al Hata
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Dec 1 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]413603[/snapback]
Enquiring minds want to know! What was the rumor????

If you pm me I'll tell ya what I heard, otherwise that's on Hype.
Al Hata
QUOTE(thehype @ Dec 1 2008, 07:42 PM) [snapback]413602[/snapback]
Actually Al Hata, I have a funny feeling I know what you're referring to. Details are sketchy at the moment, but I'm working right now to see if I can find out more info...

BRB

Interesting...

Mean Mister Mustard
What? Don't tell me he's a trannie too? PM the story Al.
Method
You gotta be shittin me w this tease of a thread.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 1 2008, 07:37 PM) [snapback]413611[/snapback]
You gotta be shittin me w this tease of a thread.

No shit... I'd like to know what's up with JT!?!?!
JonnyBlaze
PM me the story
King Eugene
Hell I want to know the story to. PM it to me.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 2 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]413665[/snapback]
Hell I want to know the story to. PM it to me.

me too...
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 2 2008, 02:31 AM) [snapback]413694[/snapback]
Just delete this thread. If nobody is going to say anything what's the point?

It's like going up to a friend and saying "I know something about your girl" and then walking off.

And thats liable to get ya choked. laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Wow, I just read it on another site. If this is true, I'm astonished at how stupid some people are. And yes, this is THAT big(if true)...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 2 2008, 02:37 AM) [snapback]413699[/snapback]
Wow, I just read it on another site. If this is true, I'm astonished at how stupid some people are. And yes, this is THAT big(if true)...

Well, i'll post the summary...

A newswoman was brutally murdered in LR. Rumor has it she was carrying JT's lovechild. Rumor has it that JT and his wife were taken in for questioning. All rumors at this time...
King Eugene
Damn...thats crazy but not as big as yall was making it out to be. I've been seeing that on the news for the last couple of hours on Nany Grace annoying ass show.
King Eugene
Damn thats crazy. I bet it is just a rumor though. That seems out of character for Jermaine but at the end of the day you cant put anything past anybody. I HOPE THIS IS JUST A RUMOR.

Anybody remember Rae Carruth?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 2 2008, 02:56 AM) [snapback]413706[/snapback]
Damn thats crazy. I bet it is just a rumor though. That seems out of character for Jermaine but at the end of the day you cant put anything past anybody. I HOPE THIS IS JUST A RUMOR.

Anybody remember Rae Carruth?

That was the first name that came to my mind... The second was OJ...
King Eugene
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 2 2008, 03:19 AM) [snapback]413707[/snapback]
That was the first name that came to my mind... The second was OJ...

Good Ol OJ, they was determined to get his ass. LMBO
rusty_trombone
if this turns out not to be true, this will be the doucheist thread ever. If it does turn out to be true, when the hell did JT turn into such a bad ass? Maybe if he brought some of that fire into the ring, he could use he excellent "athleticism"(spyder you should get that if no one else does) more effectively.
D-MARV
Once more with feeling
That rumor about a "celebrity" involvement in the Pressly case? It's everywhere, from last Friday's Razorback game to every Internet chat group in town, apparently. One blog reader claims it was repeated on radio. That doesn't mean it's true. Police and the prosecutor have told me today, within the last few minutes -- directly, categorically and emphatically -- it's a fiction. There is one suspect in the slaying. He's in jail.UPDATE: Early comments reflect the futility of attempting to dispel rumors. People prefer to believe salacious gossip every time. But let me try one last time: Authorities categorically reject any permuation of ALL rumors that implicate anyone but Curtis Vance -- Richard Nixon, Joe T. Robinson, Lucille Ball, the Pope, anybody you can name -- in the slaying of Anne Pressly. How does stuff like this get started without some basis? Easy. Happens all the time, either by malice or misguided humor that goes viral.

News Blog

Case Closed!!!! Now close this F*cking Thread!!!!!!!!
Method
I didn't see anything that included Jermain in the Pressley headlines.
Douchebag
You should have just thrown in in the team fighthype section. Problem solved.
Method
Yup
Mean Mister Mustard
I knew it couldn't be true. The way Taylor was backing off against the smaller Ouma should tell you all you need to know that this man isn't capable of killing a fly even if he had to.
ROLL DEEP
Cant believe I just wasted time on this thread.

It was full promise....but then died a horrible death. Blah.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 2 2008, 04:25 AM) [snapback]413709[/snapback]
Good Ol OJ, they was determined to get his ass. LMBO

They still are!!
rusty_trombone
This thread was so good, it needed a BUMP!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 2 2008, 03:04 PM) [snapback]413741[/snapback]
I knew it couldn't be true. The way Taylor was backing off against the smaller Ouma should tell you all you need to know that this man isn't capable of killing a fly even if he had to.

Maybe he paid this cat to do it because it was cheaoer than paying child support? Or possibly his wife did it to punish JT for his infidelity?

Just thought I would add that in there.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 3 2008, 07:58 PM) [snapback]413974[/snapback]
Maybe he paid this cat to do it because it was cheaoer than paying child support? Or possibly his wife did it to punish JT for his infidelity?

No more thoughts... Jermain and his family had nothing to do with it. We should close this thread!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 3 2008, 07:58 PM) [snapback]413974[/snapback]

Maybe his wife did that shit like Amy Fisher did, just straight up shot that bitch
King Eugene
Please close this thread before it gets worse.
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 3 2008, 09:26 PM) [snapback]413990[/snapback]

By the way, I was messing with you about the Felix Sturm comment in the other thread
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 3 2008, 09:29 PM) [snapback]413993[/snapback]
By the way, I was messing with you about the Felix Sturm comment in the other thread

Yea I know man. I guess I didnt put enough "LOL's" in the post to let you know that. LOL

Plus some dumb ass would have really believed it so I went ahead and killed it.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 4 2008, 01:23 AM) [snapback]413976[/snapback]
No more thoughts... Jermain and his family had nothing to do with it. We should close this thread!

You don't know that. Maybe he planned it all so you would think that. None of us know.

QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 4 2008, 01:46 AM) [snapback]413980[/snapback]
Maybe his wife did that shit like Amy Fisher did, just straight up shot that bitch

You could be right you know. They could have done it like a love pact to proove their devotion to each other.

QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 4 2008, 02:26 AM) [snapback]413990[/snapback]

Stop trying to be the moral minority. freedon of expression is what is required here.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 4 2008, 02:33 PM) [snapback]414007[/snapback]
Stop trying to be the moral minority. freedon of expression is what is required here.

Ha ha.
D-MARV
I see this thread just as worst or even more so than the "Rampage" thread that got Warlord in trouble. We should not speculate anything! The police have already released a statement stating that they have only 1 suspect and he has been arrested... they are 110 percent sure that he is their man. As a boxing fan who respects ALL boxers, I will not attempt to destoy the name of a man who has not been proven guilty. People in this forum should not contribute to these RUMORS (especially ones who represent Fighthype). Im not going to sit here and tell you what to do, because Steve is exactly right, you have freedom of expression. But I think this is distasteful and not a good look for this forum.
STEVENSKI
I don't disagree but I think it is foolish to outright deny JT could have anything to do with it. There are many times that years go by & new evidence arises securing the "cleared" suspects conviction.

It is not out of teh realm of possibility that someone connected with JT arranged for this pregnant woman to be gunned down in cold blood.
dbdbdb
I've seen some bizaar threads before ... but this ranks right down there at the bottom of the pit.

Certain questions should arise before even pushing a rumor this far.

1. Any proof that JT and this woman had an intimate relationship?
2. Are there any reliable sources who are willing to report on the facts of this rumor ?

Because I've only seen lowly dreg-worthy sources even reporting on any possible connection.

Here is some of the bull-crap that gets spread on the WWW.

According to holthoff.wordpress.com, there are rumors that -

1. Anne Pressly was actually a man at one time and had a sex change.
2. That she was dating popular Littler Rock boxer Jermaine Taylor
3. That Jermaine Taylor beat her to death when he found out she was once a man

Is there any chance that one or all of these rumors are possible? Let’s wait for the findings from police investigation.

Now this is from FOX news and the official report from the police states nothing about JT.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459404,00.html

Officers last Wednesday arrested Curtis Lavelle Vance, 28, of Marianna, at a Little Rock home, acting on a tip received within minutes of a late-night news conference at which they disclosed Vance's name and photos of him and his car. Television station KATV, where Pressly worked, established a reward fund that had raised $50,000.

Meanwhile, the prosecutor overseeing the case acknowledged the slaying warranted a capital murder charge — meaning Vance could face the death penalty if convicted. Prosecutor Larry Jegley did not say whether he would seek Vance's execution or a life sentence.

Patti Cannady found her daughter bloody and beaten in bed Oct. 20 after she didn't answer a wake-up call. Cannady said her daughter "fought for her life" against her attacker and suffered a broken left hand. Every bone in her face had been broken during the attack, she said.

"Her jaw pulverized so badly that the bone had come out of it," Cannady said. "I actually thought that her throat, it possibly been cut, but that was possibly the first knockout punch. Her entire skull had numerous fractures from which she suffered a massive stroke."

Pressly, 26, died Oct. 25 without regaining consciousness.

Police worked for weeks without a named suspect until DNA collected at Pressly's home matched a sample from an unsolved April rape in Marianna, about 90 miles east of Little Rock. A Marianna detective suggested officers investigate Vance, 28, a suspect in several burglaries.

An arrest affidavit filed Monday morning in Little Rock District Court says Vance denied being in Little Rock the day of the attack on Pressly and allowed detectives to swab a DNA sample from his saliva.

"It was confirmed with all scientific certainty that Mr. Vance is the DNA contributor of the suspect in Ms. Pressly's murder," the affidavit reads.

The affidavit suggests police believe robbery was the motive for the attack, as "several items belonging to Ms. Pressly were taken from her residence." Marianna police Detective Sgt. Carl McCree has said Vance became a suspect in the burglaries after his girlfriend sold reportedly stolen items to a Helena-West Helena pawn shop.

Hastings said detectives received consent to look through Vance's home during initial questioning last week, but have yet to recover the missing items. The items sold by Vance's girlfriend did not include anything from Pressly's home, the lieutenant said.

After his arrest, Vance simply said "no" when reporters asked if he killed Pressly. Vance remains held without bond in the Pulaski County jail and has yet to enter a plea over the slaying. He also faces rape and residential burglary charges in Marianna, McCree said.

The Pulaski County Public Defender's Office referred questions about Vance to the Arkansas Public Defender Commission. Commission executive director Didi Sallings said a team of two Pulaski County public defenders and one from her office experienced with capital cases would represent Vance.

Sallings said she put the team together under the assumption Vance would face the death penalty.

"The law is that ... (we) presume the state is going for it," she said. "We haven't seen a file, we don't know anything other than what we've read in the paper at this point."

Vance's case will be sent to the Pulaski County Circuit Court and prosecutors have about two months to file formal charges against him, Jegley said. As of yet, Jegley said he has not received the police's file on Pressly's death nor determined whether he'll seek the death penalty against Vance.

"I would think, based on what we know, that capital murder is an appropriate charge," Jegley said.

THIS THREAD IS TOTAL NONSENSE AND BY THE WAY WHY IS THIS BULLSHIT ON THE HYPE ??????
Fitz
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 4 2008, 04:37 PM) [snapback]414022[/snapback]
I've seen some bizaar threads before ... but this ranks right down there at the bottom of the pit.

I agree, this is probably one of the absolute worst things I have seen on message boards. I find it absolutely despicable that a guy can start a thread about something that's important and then keep it to himself and tease us. The nerve of that guy.
ROLL DEEP
So, whats happened?

Jermain Taylor shot a she-male who he had sex with, then beat his/her kid to death in cold blood?

laugh.gif

This thred is awesome.
JonnyBlaze
We should send out a lynch mob on the guy who started this thread..What a piece of shit he turned out to be..What a fuckin piece of shit!!!
Fitz
Seriously, why is everybody legitimately upset with the guy who posted this? If anything, they should be angry with what such a shit thread it was because he gave nothing away. Not because it turned out to be a "rumour".
It was a legitimate rumour, though I didn't see anything from a respectable news outlet, it was over the internet, it was posted on other boxing forums. This guy didn't start it (not that I know of).
It's something that a lot of boxing fans would mention if they heard a rumour about a boxer. It's like some people are auditioning for god.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 4 2008, 05:04 AM) [snapback]414059[/snapback]
Seriously, why is everybody legitimately upset with the guy who posted this? If anything, they should be angry with what such a shit thread it was because he gave nothing away. Not because it turned out to be a "rumour".
It was a legitimate rumour, though I didn't see anything from a respectable news outlet, it was over the internet, it was posted on other boxing forums. This guy didn't start it (not that I know of).
It's something that a lot of boxing fans would mention if they heard a rumour about a boxer. It's like some people are auditioning for god.

Hahaha..I was just fuckin around..If ya didn't notice,I used my favorite Norman Stone quote about Randy Newman.."What a piece of shit he turned out to be,what a fuckin piece of shit."then"You got no balls you cocksucker."
Fitz
Sorry, I didn't catch it. But it was about dbdb post also. It seems like it was a really bad rumour, but the guy just said what he heard, it seems like some are acting like he started it, lol.
D-MARV
I'm not too much upset with the thread starter! I think it's pretty shitty that people have turned this situation into some kind of joke. Call me soft... But a young woman did lose her life and young man (who hasn't even been mentioned by a credible source) has been linked to the crime.

True, other forums have talked about this topic as well, but they also closed the thread. This is a boxing forum where many fighters, writers, and fans (casual and hardcore) visit. I don't think it's a good representation when we have threads about a BAD rumor with jokes being thrown in the mix. IMO, it's not a good look. I believe that there is a place and time for topics like this but this not being either of the two.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 4 2008, 07:00 AM) [snapback]414066[/snapback]
I'm not too much upset with the thread starter! I think it's pretty shitty that people have turned this situation into some kind of joke. Call me soft... But a young woman did lose her life and young man (who hasn't even been mentioned by a credible source) has been linked to the crime.

True, other forums have talked about this topic as well, but they also closed the thread. This is a boxing forum where many fighters, writers, and fans (casual and hardcore) visit. I don't think it's a good representation when we have threads about a BAD rumor with jokes being thrown in the mix. IMO, it's not a good look. I believe that there is a place and time for topics like this but this not being either of the two.

Exactly my point damarvelous1,

I respect both the guys that hang out here and The Hype. And this kind of BS doesn't belong here ... Period.

I'm not upset with the thread starter either but as you put it soo well "But a young woman did lose her life and young man (who hasn't even been mentioned by a credible source) has been linked to the crime." This is what pissed me off.

Its like the boogey-man strikes again. How many rumors get started where some black guy {The more famous, the better} is the perpretator. "I was car-jacked and this big black-guy did it" "I was raped and some big black-guy did it" "I was attacked at a Mcain rally and a big black-guy carved an "O" in my face" this total and complete nonsense.

The many GOOD Black-Guys get no credit what-so-ever -- all we hear about and want to hear about are the Bad Ones. Look at how much press Tyson gets everytime he goes off course, the more famous the better.

JT seems like a good guy {No one's perfect} but he does seem like a decent guy. Of all the people that live in Little Rock, JT's name comes up ..... WHY? Because he lives there too? Or because he's famous, black and lives there too?

There are alot of TRUE horror stories about famous people that get plenty of press -- we don't need to add to the stockpile of garbage that gets spread about people that are trying to represent something other that the typical.

Total and Complete Bullshit - put the blame where it belongs and at the very least - don't peddle bullshit rumors that have no reality in FACT.

And here at "The Hype" where respectable Trainers, Boxers, etc give interviews, visit the forum and chat etc....

WHAT WOULD THEY THINK IF THEY REALIZE THAT THE HYPE IS JUST ANOTHER PLACE WHERE RUMORS ARE EASILY SPREAD WITHOUT ANY FACTS TO BACK THEM UP.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A CREDIBLE PLACE FOR BOXINGTALK -- THEN THIS KIND OF SHIT SHOULD GET SQUASHED IMMEDIATELY ........ NO IF ANDS OR BUTS. PRESENT FACTS OR TAKE THE BULLSHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE.
ROLL DEEP
WTF is 'The Hyde'?

And, WTF with all the black man stuff? Why has this all of a sudden took a racial perspective? laugh.gif

This threads crazy.
Method
It's like some people are auditioning for god.

LMAO. Tell me about it.

This could be the LONGEST THREAD IN HISTORY where there exists ABSOLUTELY ZERO SUBSTANCE!

What's more, there are guys coming in here pissed off about the existence of this thread...which, IMO, is about a WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING.

I didn't see ANYTHING out there in reality world internet linking JT to any crime, nor do I see it being discussed anywhere else.

Re fucking lax.

The ONLY thing that made this thread "deuche-y" was that the thread starter rolled in with some "I know something you don't know" bullshit, and then just jetted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.