Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: whats gonna happen at 140
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
Iseems like 140 is fizzling out. I hate the fact that we all know hatton is gonna fight de la hoya after pac. So that leaves bradley, zab, paulie, and who else? petersons arent a name yet witter already has lost to two of the three guys named above. maybe pac will go to 140 after DLH and fight one of these guys but hate to say it but i miss the days when kostya and 140 were a hot division
King Eugene
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 2 2008, 01:26 AM) [snapback]413679[/snapback]
Iseems like 140 is fizzling out. I hate the fact that we all know hatton is gonna fight de la hoya after pac. So that leaves bradley, zab, paulie, and who else? petersons arent a name yet witter already has lost to two of the three guys named above. maybe pac will go to 140 after DLH and fight one of these guys but hate to say it but i miss the days when kostya and 140 were a hot division

Zab's career will be reborn again into a better form and he will rule all of those little guys!

Well aint nothing wrong with dreaming right? dntknw.gif

I think Paulie's out of the equation. Pac-Man will campaign back at 135 for a bit and if he stays at 140 then he'll eventually fight either Zab or Hatton. Those are the biggest names in the division...no not the best but biggest. The Peterson's will eventually be exposed by Bradley. JMM will come up to chase Pac-Man and eventually get a fight with DLH for his "final" farewell bout at 147. Then it will be a big drama fight cause Nacho will start back training JMM and Mayweather Sr. will be back in DLH's corner. Of course it'll be either at 147 or a catch weight between WW and JMW. It will sale big because of the big story line behind the fight and like always Oscar will take the glare away from the division by offering them big money to move up and fight him.

Thats just how I see it.
D-MARV
No Doubt about it... Bradley is the future King of the division!
mexi-cutioner
Pac said hes never going to go back to 135 and he said he will move down to 140 after this fight so it looks like the 140pound division will be Pacs new home....Those in the Hatton's camp have already expressed their interest in fighitng Pac rather than DLH so hpefully Pac doesn't get blown outta the water and look bad enough to not obtain a fight vs Hatton in Wembley Stadium sometime next spring..thatwould be MY dream match
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 2 2008, 08:11 AM) [snapback]413736[/snapback]
Pac said hes never going to go back to 135 and he said he will move down to 140 after this fight so it looks like the 140pound division will be Pacs new home....Those in the Hatton's camp have already expressed their interest in fighitng Pac rather than DLH so hpefully Pac doesn't get blown outta the water and look bad enough to not obtain a fight vs Hatton in Wembley Stadium sometime next spring..thatwould be MY dream match

well pac going to 140 will def help. Wouldnt mind seeing pac vs hatton or zab

If paulie loses his next fight Ill officially write him off!

poor bradley gots the strap but not a name to prob lure zab,hatton or pac

last note i like the petersons there technically sound. and have good defense and only improving a fight against bradley would be a toss up Imo
D-MARV
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 2 2008, 09:11 AM) [snapback]413736[/snapback]

Bradley defeats Hatton and Manny Pac!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 2 2008, 02:44 PM) [snapback]413765[/snapback]
last note i like the petersons there technically sound. and have good defense and only improving a fight against bradley would be a toss up Imo

Isn't one of the Petersons Bradley's upcoming mandatory? Or is it Devon Alexander, who deserves mention here as well?

And don't forget Victor Ortiz either. Actually 140 could be pretty hot again soon.
D-MARV
Bradley is fighting the winner of Holt-Torres
Spyder
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 2 2008, 03:08 PM) [snapback]413779[/snapback]
Bradley defeats Hatton and Manny Pac!

I have a feeling that your opinion of this is going to change... laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 2 2008, 04:22 PM) [snapback]413788[/snapback]
I have a feeling that your opinion of this is going to change... laugh.gif

LOL... If Pac does something amazing against Oscar than YES... you're correct.
mexi-cutioner
If pac does move to 140 it'll be wierd seeing him fight a boxer other than that of mexican descent for once lol considering his last 13 fights have been against a mexican, except for one bout...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 2 2008, 07:12 AM) [snapback]413684[/snapback]
he'll eventually fight either Zab or Hatton. Those are the biggest names in the division...no not the best but biggest.

How is Hatton not the best at 140. Pardon me but he has never lost at 140, was undisputed champion & is the recognised true champion of 140.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 2 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]413797[/snapback]
If pac does move to 140 it'll be wierd seeing him fight a boxer other than that of mexican descent for once lol considering his last 13 fights have been against a mexican, except for one bout...

His next fight is not against a Mexican. It is against a fake Mexican. No real Chicano can like DLH surely.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 2 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]413809[/snapback]
How is Hatton not the best at 140. Pardon me but he has never lost at 140, was undisputed champion & is the recognised true champion of 140.

Yea your right. But I said that cause I included Zab's name in there as well.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 2 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]413811[/snapback]
Yea your right. But I said that cause I included Zab's name in there as well.

haha im a zab fan too but he didnt look great against that scrub on the jones undercard. I'd favor zab over holt, bradley, paulie

pac and hatton toss ups

as for victor ortiz the kid right now is too raw but i see potential and he could become a big name with a hispanic following in the near future
STEVENSKI
I would pay to see Pac vs Hatton provided Pac handles the weight this weekend alright. I think Pac would smoke Hatton.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 2 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]413817[/snapback]
I would pay to see Pac vs Hatton provided Pac handles the weight this weekend alright. I think Pac would smoke Hatton.

Hatton is too much for Pac although Pac is a tough son of a gun! I think he is naturally to big and strong just like DLH is going to be.
D-MARV
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 2 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]413813[/snapback]
haha im a zab fan too but he didnt look great against that scrub on the jones undercard. I'd favor zab over holt, bradley, paulie

pac and hatton toss ups

as for victor ortiz the kid right now is too raw but i see potential and he could become a big name with a hispanic following in the near future

Bradley beats Zab!
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 2 2008, 09:49 PM) [snapback]413822[/snapback]
Bradley beats Zab!

Hatton beats them both and eventually KO's Zab but I'd root for Zab against both of them.
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 2 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]413823[/snapback]
Hatton beats them both and eventually KO's Zab but I'd root for Zab against both of them.

Hatton Bradley would be one for the ages... Hatton would be favored but Bradley upsets him as well!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 2 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]413824[/snapback]
Hatton Bradley would be one for the ages... Hatton would be favored but Bradley upsets him as well!

a lil too high on bradley IMO. bradleys biggest win is against an over the hill witter? who zab beat in his prime. if odds favored bradley I place sum money on zab in a quick sec
D-MARV
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 2 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]413826[/snapback]
a lil too high on bradley IMO. bradleys biggest win is against an over the hill witter? who zab beat in his prime. if odds favored bradley I place sum money on zab in a quick sec

And you will lose your money in a sec... Hatton would be a tough fight----- I can see a close win either way.

But Zab... hmmmmm... NAW, Zab is through. Im tired of putting my faith in "Super"
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 2 2008, 09:15 PM) [snapback]413828[/snapback]
And you will lose your money in a sec... Hatton would be a tough fight----- I can see a close win either way.

But Zab... hmmmmm... NAW, Zab is through. Im tired of putting my faith in "Super"

def not the same zab of 05 but i still think good enough to beat raw guys like petersons,ortiz, and IMO the untested bradley but hey who knows maybe that fight will be made and we can make a lil side bet d marv haha cool.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 2 2008, 10:25 PM) [snapback]413829[/snapback]
def not the same zab of 05 but i still think good enough to beat raw guys like petersons,ortiz, and IMO the untested bradley but hey who knows maybe that fight will be made and we can make a lil side bet d marv haha cool.gif

You're On! The problem with Zab is that if he can't hurt you early then it's a wrap! Bradley has a very good chin along with good Defense... Don't see Zab hurtng him at all.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 2 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]413831[/snapback]
You're On! The problem with Zab is that if he can't hurt you early then it's a wrap! Bradley has a very good chin along with good Defense... Don't see Zab hurtng him at all.

haha true and you know zab wasnt that way when Duva trained him, watch the ward fight went ten hard rds if zab wouldve stayed like that fighter he wouldve reached his potential.

at the end of the day I just think bradley is gonna have probs with the southpaw who would bring speed that bradley has never seen
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 3 2008, 02:41 AM) [snapback]413820[/snapback]
Hatton is too much for Pac although Pac is a tough son of a gun! I think he is naturally to big and strong just like DLH is going to be.

I think Pac had heavy hands (maybe not as heavy at 140) & is very sharp & fast.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 2 2008, 10:43 PM) [snapback]413836[/snapback]
I think Pac had heavy hands (maybe not as heavy at 140) & is very sharp & fast.

Thats what I'm getting at, I dont think Pac could hurt Judah at 140. But thats just my opinion and Pac likes to come straight at you too. After a few of Judah's counter uppercuts I think Pac would drop. But then again it depends on how he takes Pac Mans constant pressure. Pac definitely has to be hurt bad before he backs off.
STEVENSKI
I was referring to Pac vs Hatton. Judah is shaky in the chin depratment & cannot focus for a entire round let alone a entire fight.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 3 2008, 12:04 AM) [snapback]413846[/snapback]
I was referring to Pac vs Hatton. Judah is shaky in the chin depratment & cannot focus for a entire round let alone a entire fight.

Nah, Hatton roughs him up, softens him up, and then either takes him out late or just takes the UD.
JonnyBlaze
Pac-man beats Zab and has a awesome fight with Hatton..I wanna see Pac-man this Saturday to decide if I think he'd be Hatton at 140..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2008, 02:10 AM) [snapback]413856[/snapback]
Pac-man beats Zab and has a awesome fight with Hatton..I wanna see Pac-man this Saturday to decide if I think he'd be Hatton at 140..

For some reason I can never count Zab out. Everytime I start to write him off he gets some type of victory. He didnt get the victory over Clottley but he showed heart to me stepping in there with that big guy and actually winning rounds. I still think he beats Pac-Man. Hatton beats them both.
Fitz
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 3 2008, 06:43 PM) [snapback]413864[/snapback]
Everytime I start to write him off he gets some type of victory.

Besides the Spinks win, when else did this happen?
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 3 2008, 02:54 AM) [snapback]413869[/snapback]
Besides the Spinks win, when else did this happen?

Spinks, the dude he beat on Friday night fights and the guy he just beat on the Jones card. By no means does this mean he is still as good as he use to be, hell I dont even remember the guys names he beat. He just keeps giving me false hope and I fall for it everytime. Its just something about Zab, I always root for him even though in the back of my mind I know he is going to disappoint.

Spinks was the last meaningful fight but those other fights he won put him in position for title shots again.
Fitz
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 3 2008, 07:15 PM) [snapback]413870[/snapback]
Spinks, the dude he beat on Friday night fights and the guy he just beat on the Jones card.

But I doubt you wrote him off against "those guys". Haha.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 3 2008, 03:35 AM) [snapback]413871[/snapback]
But I doubt you wrote him off against "those guys". Haha.

Never have! I was hoping like hell he would have finished Cotto and then all of a sudden the tide started to change. The worse it got the more I drank that night. LOL
blackbelt2003
FUCK 140...what happened to 130?

Only a short while ago it had:

Pac, Barrera, Marquez, Valero, Guzman.

Now look at it. Why do fighters have to jump around the weights? What's wrong with staying at ONE weight and holding shit down? If you're only gonna make weight for a year, then you're probably too big for a division and should just move up anyway.

Sheesh.

Black
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Dec 3 2008, 04:57 AM) [snapback]413884[/snapback]

Now look at it. Why do fighters have to jump around the weights? What's wrong with staying at ONE weight and holding shit down? If you're only gonna make weight for a year, then you're probably too big for a division and should just move up anyway.
Sheesh.
Black

its hard making 130 for some guys man cut them some slack. it only gets harder as they get older. it prob kills barrerra north of 30 just to get to 135 now as for pac he's a beast but pushing thirty and as he get older i see him settling in at 140 i believe JMM was rumored to move to 140
Method
What's wrong with staying at ONE weight and holding shit down?

Well, considering the fact that you're talking about 130 fucking pounds, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to tell you that THAT weight is HIGHLY UNnatural for grown men. No fucking way.
D-MARV
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 3 2008, 03:00 PM) [snapback]413925[/snapback]
its hard making 130 for some guys man cut them some slack. it only gets harder as they get older. it prob kills barrerra north of 30 just to get to 135 now as for pac he's a beast but pushing thirty and as he get older i see him settling in at 140 i believe JMM was rumored to move to 140

JMM is moving wherever Manny Pac goes.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 3 2008, 02:19 PM) [snapback]413933[/snapback]
Well, considering the fact that you're talking about 130 fucking pounds, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to tell you that THAT weight is HIGHLY UNnatural for grown men. No fucking way.

lol these grown men we talking bout
Method
I mean, FUCK 130. What happened to 105?!?!?!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Dec 3 2008, 10:57 AM) [snapback]413884[/snapback]

Sheesh.
Black

Ask KT. He was man enough to stay in one division & dominate. His legacy is secure & did not need to be a 15 X belt holder to do it.
blackbelt2003
Plenty of guys in the past did it, like Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler, Vicente Saldivar, Eder Jofre, all those guys dominated one division for years and they were LIGHTER than 130.

I agree that if making a weight is killing you, then move up, but if making that weight kills you, then you shouldn't really have fought at that weight in the first place.

I know 90% of boxers will squeeze themselves down because it's a chance at a title belt, but if fighters just fought at their natural weights boxing would be better.

Instead we get fighters chasing each other all over the weight divisions and plenty of great fights never get made.

Black
D-MARV
If people fought at there natural weight, Ricky Hatton would be a crusierweight!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 4 2008, 08:02 AM) [snapback]414067[/snapback]
If people fought at there natural weight, Ricky Hatton would be a crusierweight!

laugh.gif My woman was crackin up when she watched the Malignaggi fight with me and he came out in that fat suit again..

Ya gotta give him props for goin along with that joke..Seein him throwing punches and moving around on his toes in that fat suit was classic..
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2008, 05:04 PM) [snapback]414172[/snapback]
laugh.gif My woman was crackin up when she watched the Malignaggi fight with me and he came out in that fat suit again..

Ya gotta give him props for goin along with that joke..Seein him throwing punches and moving around on his toes in that fat suit was classic..

Yeah, that was some good shit!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2008, 04:04 PM) [snapback]414172[/snapback]

haha man seriously tho Im I the only one wondering when the big weight loss is gonna catch up to hatton?

seeing how bradley is gonna fight the holt torres winner. My best guess is gonna be hatton goes after dlh after his victory sat. pac goes to 140 against either zab or jmm
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 4 2008, 07:02 AM) [snapback]414067[/snapback]

And eventually move up to heavyweight.

He'd be the next James Toney without the skill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.