"X" - Xzibit

D-MARV
LUDA!!!!!!!!!!!

BGv2.0
Metallica-Death Magnetic
Prong-Power of the Damager
NIN-The Slip
Judas Priest-Nastradamus

AND...just got back from Gwar show number 29! Been to every Houston show since 1992!
STEVENSKI
Cro Mags Age of Quarrel

IMO the greatest hardcore album ever made.
BigG
I meant the song you are currently listening to at the moment, you dickheads
STEVENSKI
Down but not out - Harleys War
BigG
Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne haha.gif

The CEO
I've been listening to alot of Blues and Rock lately.....found this song on a CD my wife picked up in Europe earlier this year....one of those Hits Compilations...I've never really dug or paid attention to Kravitz....but sometimes a simple, classic groove is just what the doctor ordered....turn it up and catch the different instruments on point....there's a good sax solo in there too....

Method
Literally? Right Now?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 8 2008, 04:33 AM) [snapback]415140[/snapback]
AND...just got back from Gwar show number 29! Been to every Houston show since 1992!

Why would you put yourself through that?
BGv2.0
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 8 2008, 09:37 PM) [snapback]415291[/snapback]
Why would you put yourself through that?

Are you asking this in a serious manner....as in why would I do that for that many shows/years. OR...as a little swipe as in...."I think that group sucks...why would you go see them"

I'll answer either...but I cannot tell from that comment.

Also....I'm now listening to GnR-Chinese Democracy....new 3Doors Down and new Nickleback.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 11 2008, 09:33 PM) [snapback]415786[/snapback]
Also....I'm now listening to .... and new Nickleback.

My respect levels just dropped for you. It will take great effort & music to get them back up. Nickelback indeed.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 14 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]416483[/snapback]
My respect levels just dropped for you. It will take great effort & music to get them back up. Nickelback indeed.

You know...I don't really get why people turn on groups. TONS of people rip on Nickelback and now say how much they suck....when their sound is no different than all those years ago with The State. It seemed like people liked them well enough then.

AND....I still think the guitar riffs are great, it's lame top 40 rock....but I'd sure rather hear that than a lot of this emo shit and Nu Metal shit!

The same thing happened to Creed years ago....one year people were loving them and chicks were creaming their jeans for them.....5 years later....it was trendy to make fun of them and call them shit....when nothing in their sound changed at all.

Hey....believe me...I'm not above having my guilty pleasures and owning up to it.

There are a ton of people like me.....I just admit it! lol

Believe me their are plenty of Metal heads from back in the day that were in the pit at every Metallica/Slayer show that came through town.....but when they are alone and nobody is looking....they can sing to Journey's "Open Arms" just as much as the next person! lol

The CEO
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 15 2008, 01:29 AM) [snapback]416524[/snapback]
You know...I don't really get why people turn on groups. TONS of people rip on Nickelback and now say how much they suck....when their sound is no different than all those years ago with The State. It seemed like people liked them well enough then.

AND....I still think the guitar riffs are great, it's lame top 40 rock....but I'd sure rather hear that than a lot of this emo shit and Nu Metal shit!

The same thing happened to Creed years ago....one year people were loving them and chicks were creaming their jeans for them.....5 years later....it was trendy to make fun of them and call them shit....when nothing in their sound changed at all.

Hey....believe me...I'm not above having my guilty pleasures and owning up to it.

There are a ton of people like me.....I just admit it! lol

Believe me their are plenty of Metal heads from back in the day that were in the pit at every Metallica/Slayer show that came through town.....but when they are alone and nobody is looking....they can sing to Journey's "Open Arms" just as much as the next person! lol

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Method
The CEO
laugh.gif

I can't lie....there was just somethin' about Journey.....

"Seperate Ways" was my jam for a minute....
Spyder
Something about Journey is in the air!

I just lived the most surreal moment of my life...last night I directed a show with Esteban playing guitar and Paula Abdul dancing to Journey songs! To add to it, the studio was pimped out with star drapes and haze machines just like the old Journey videos...fuckin weird! dance.gif laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 15 2008, 02:15 PM) [snapback]416576[/snapback]
Something about Journey is in the air!

I just lived the most surreal moment of my life...last night I directed a show with Esteban playing guitar and Paula Abdul dancing to Journey songs! To add to it, the studio was pimped out with star drapes and haze machines just like the old Journey videos...fuckin weird! dance.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 15 2008, 03:15 PM) [snapback]416576[/snapback]
Something about Journey is in the air!...fuckin weird!

THIS will be the mantra for 2009!!!!
BigG
laugh.gif C.E.O...Giant Man.

Spyder
Maybe Journey was what Tupac was talking about when he told us about Thug Passion.

"One part Alize, one part Cristal...guaranteed to make the pussy wet and dick hard!"
The CEO
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 15 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]416580[/snapback]
laugh.gif C.E.O...Giant Man.

I've been waiting for just the right moment to use Cyrus' pic....and that was it.

Plus I had to get back at him for biting my "via interpreter" I used to use with Maussa....lol
Method
"Seperate Ways" was my jam for a minute....

LO fucking L!
The CEO
I know...lol......I've been listening to this next joint all day to make up for that confession....

You'll like this one, Meth....it's right up your alley.

R.A.W.

STEVENSKI
The closest I get to singing is when I wail with Zakk to book of shadows in the car.
The CEO
First song on the radio this morning....today's gonna be a good day....

Spyder
Since it's the season of sharing I sent that to a Jamaican friend at work. All about spreading the holiday cheer.

laugh.gif
The CEO
If he don't like that, he ain't Jamaican and is goin' to Hell....lol
Spyder
He said he used to jam to it in the club, but never knew who sang it.

"I would hear it come on during an old school set, and I found myself dancing to it..."

laugh.gif
BGv2.0
I'm tempted to start a new thread as this one is all rapped and hip-hopped out....so I'm unsure if this is the proper place to ask this....but I'll try it anyhow.

Has anybody actually heard the new GnR?

Man....I did not think anything would get the new Metallica out of my cd player...but Chinese Democracy has!

People can argue all day long about if it was worth the 14 year wait or not or if it really is GnR.....but no matter....this is a masterpeice IMHO!

Dare I say it....better than AFD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.