Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "10 guys in an apt" not a new CBS sitcom
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
How many "peeps", crew", "homies", (so called)"friends", does it take?? If you're one of the few boxing fans without HBO, I'm referring to Manny Pacquiao's abundance of associates that live with him while he's training.

For the record, I hated seeing this with Floyd as most of those guys didn't do too much so just like they got criticized, Pac's "boys" get it too.

I understand Pac is damn near a WORLD away from his home and wants "some" familiar things/company outside of his wife. I also understand how you'd keep one maybe 3 people OUTSIDE of your manager with you to take care of "day to day things" so you remain focused. But what could 10 dudes do separately possibly to earn their keep,lol?? They each have a day to pick up groceries during the week?? I mean I could see if these losers (yeah I said ) were atleast running partners but looking at their current states seems to me the only one thats earning his keep is the dog. Heck they're taking up the space for the dog in that apartment if you ask me.

I see what Freddie means when he says Pac is too generous. What able body male do you know that has something going in his life that could/would be willing to sleep in a crowded apartment for 6 weeks? Heck I doubt anyone on here would be willing to do it for a week let alone that time.

I understand also that certain cultures (not sure about Phillipino culture) have more of "group" aesthetic too them but come on. Leeches are leeches.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 4 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]414238[/snapback]
How many "peeps", crew", "homies", (so called)"friends", does it take?? If you're one of the few boxing fans without HBO, I'm referring to Manny Pacquiao's abundance of associates that live with him while he's training.

For the record, I hated seeing this with Floyd as most of those guys didn't do too much so just like they got criticized, Pac's "boys" get it too.

I understand Pac is damn near a WORLD away from his home and wants "some" familiar things/company outside of his wife. I also understand how you'd keep one maybe 3 people OUTSIDE of your manager with you to take care of "day to day things" so you remain focused. But what could 10 dudes do separately possibly to earn their keep,lol?? They each have a day to pick up groceries during the week?? I mean I could see if these losers (yeah I said ) were atleast running partners but looking at their current states seems to me the only one thats earning his keep is the dog. Heck they're taking up the space for the dog in that apartment if you ask me.

I see what Freddie means when he says Pac is too generous. What able body male do you know that has something going in his life that could/would be willing to sleep in a crowded apartment for 6 weeks? Heck I doubt anyone on here would be willing to do it for a week let alone that time.

I understand also that certain cultures (not sure about Phillipino culture) have more of "group" aesthetic too them but come on. Leeches are leeches.

LOL so very true. Boxing attracts the poor. You have guys like the Simms brothers who grew up in the projects filled with drug addicts, gang beatings, stabbings, robberies and shootings. But Pacquiao came from the slums. That makes the ghetto seem like McDonalds. So having come from poverty it just makes him that much more generous to his people. Then, like you said, there are people who are taking advantage of him. I don't know, maybe those 10 guys are his friends maybe they are not. One thing is for sure, as ugly as those fuckers are, I'm betting they get loads of ass over in the Phillipines just by being associated with Pacquiao. They are the Phillipine version of Entourage.

These parts had me rolling

But what could 10 dudes do separately possibly to earn their keep,lol?? They each have a day to pick up groceries during the week?? I mean I could see if these losers (yeah I said ) were atleast running partners but looking at their current states seems to me the only one thats earning his keep is the dog. Heck they're taking up the space for the dog in that apartment if you ask me.

Leeches are leeches.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 4 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]414238[/snapback]

And they all can't be training partners either, they're all severely overweight. And the dog, seems to do whatever he wants and its allright .... the dizzy dog almost got hit by a car in episode #3 because he was running all over in the street.

The funniest thing was when one of the guys was setting up a laptop in a closet so that Manny could watch DLH fight. WTF!!! Manny should be watching tapes of DLH on the big screen TV, not on a 15" laptop screen.

So, I can understand the situation when one person {Manny} has soo much and all his friends have soo little, you do have a tendency to let them get away with murder.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 4 2008, 11:12 PM) [snapback]414247[/snapback]
And they all can't be training partners either, they're all severely overweight. And the dog, seems to do whatever he wants and its allright .... the dizzy dog almost got hit by a car in episode #3 because he was running all over in the street.

The funniest thing was when one of the guys was setting up a laptop in a closet so that Manny could watch DLH fight. WTF!!! Manny should be watching tapes of DLH on the big screen TV, not on a 15" laptop screen.

So, I can understand the situation when one person {Manny} has soo much and all his friends have soo little, you do have a tendency to let them get away with murder.

As long as Pacquiao and his dog are in LA the might as well call Cesar Milan to re-habilitate the dog.

By the way, Steve Kim said he heard that most of the sequences in the 24/7 series are staged. Like the one where Pacquiao and his wife "listen" to the baby with a monitor. He claims it was all HBO's idea and tha the monitor didn't even work, it was all for show. They are trying too hard to make these guys look like saints. Say what you want about FLoyd Mayweather, at least he and Hatton knew how to put on a show, real or not.
MarzB
I've always loved that sig of yours although it almost got me in trouble at work from some prude coworker,lol.

Thank you for adding that part about the "great closet of film analysis",lol. I can totally accept what dude there was doing (a fuking closet though,lol?) I mean I guess they're NOT in LA where there are NO studios or even someone with a home studio that could edit out the pieces they wanted/saw that they wanted to point out. Create a brand spanking new dvd with those parts they wanted with subtitles in whatever the language of the Philippines is (sorry I'm not that worldly to know it off hand). I guess thats way too hard to come by considering how FAR they are from civilization,lol.

MMM, I understand what you're saying no doubt. But you'd think people would have learned by now from even Mike Tyson and his cast of losers (remember John Hollerin and Rory calloway,lol??) amongst other that this isn't the way to go.

Like the one where Pacquiao and his wife "listen" to the baby with a monitor. He claims it was all HBO's idea and tha the monitor didn't even work,

In my Flava Flav voice, "WOW" although I'm totally not surprised. Heck Roy Jones "slapboxing" partner piece (during the Cal fight) is something that could have been omitted for actual training footage IMO so that "touching moment" (to get female viewers obviously) doesn't surprise me.

I mean he's opening up the package himself like he went to the store to get it. Couldn't one of the leeches have already atleast opened it,lol???
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 4 2008, 11:19 PM) [snapback]414251[/snapback]
I've always loved that sig of yours although it almost got me in trouble at work from some prude coworker,lol.

Thank you for adding that part about the "great closet of film analysis",lol. I can totally accept what dude there was doing (a fuking closet though,lol?) I mean I guess they're NOT in LA where there are NO studios or even someone with a home studio that could edit out the pieces they wanted/saw that they wanted to point out. Create a brand spanking new dvd with those parts they wanted with subtitles in whatever the language of the Philippines is (sorry I'm not that worldly to know it off hand). I guess thats way too hard to come by considering how FAR they are from civilization,lol.

MMM, I understand what you're saying no doubt. But you'd think people would have learned by now from even Mike Tyson and his cast of losers (remember John Hollerin and Rory calloway,lol??) amongst other that this isn't the way to go.

Like the one where Pacquiao and his wife "listen" to the baby with a monitor. He claims it was all HBO's idea and tha the monitor didn't even work,

In my Flava Flav voice, "WOW" although I'm totally not surprised. Heck Roy Jones "slapboxing" partner piece (during the Cal fight) is something that could have been omitted for actual training footage IMO so that "touching moment" (to get female viewers obviously) doesn't surprise me.

I mean he's opening up the package himself like he went to the store to get it. Couldn't one of the leeches have already atleast opened it,lol???

laugh.gif
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 4 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]414249[/snapback]
As long as Pacquiao and his dog are in LA the might as well call Cesar Milan to re-habilitate the dog.

By the way, Steve Kim said he heard that most of the sequences in the 24/7 series are staged. Like the one where Pacquiao and his wife "listen" to the baby with a monitor. He claims it was all HBO's idea and tha the monitor didn't even work, it was all for show. They are trying too hard to make these guys look like saints. Say what you want about FLoyd Mayweather, at least he and Hatton knew how to put on a show, real or not.

I think HBO is finding it hard to match the level of crazyness, theater and bizaarness in the Mayweather\DLH and Mayweather\Hatton 24/7 series. Those two were the best entertainment value on TV. All the other series including the DLH\Pacquio are boring, boring, boring.
MarzB
$74,000 ???

Ok I rescind everything I said here,lol..

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 4 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]414256[/snapback]
I think HBO is finding it hard to match the level of crazyness, theater and bizaarness in the Mayweather\DLH and Mayweather\Hatton 24/7 series. Those two were the best entertainment value on TV. All the other series including the DLH\Pacquio are boring, boring, boring.

I agree. Too bad HBO is wasting money on this.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 4 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]414238[/snapback]
I mean I could see if these losers (yeah I said ) were atleast running partners but looking at their current states seems to me the only one thats earning his keep is the dog.

laugh.gif

Also funny about that idiot dog running all over the street. Hey, have we seen the dog since Manny treated the boys to a catered feast?

Just kidding.

I don't know, I like Manny's crew. They seem like fun guys. They're definitely the Filipino "Entourage" for sure, with Buboy as Turtle. I kinda feel bad for Manny's wife. She doesn't seem to be too into the whole thing. I wonder if he gets tickets for the whole crew to go to the fight or if they all just huddle up in the closet together and watch it on the laptop.

Freddie has said many times that Manny's too generous. Didn't he blame the first Morales loss in part on Manny sharing his hotel room with too many other guys? I guess he's come around on that. Freddie also called Filipino people "clingy" in the first ep.
thisneverworks
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 5 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]414262[/snapback]
I agree. Too bad HBO is wasting money on this.

HBO isn't trying to get you to watch the fights, they are trying to get people who could care less about boxing...and in my opinion, it's working.

Since 24/7, watching the big fights at my house has gone from a 2-3 person event to a 7-8 person event. Most of the new people never showed any interest because they didn't know who the people were and if there is no story, why does it matter? If you throw in the wives/girlfriends that come along that number increases even more. Even my wife said the other day, "I like this show. It actually makes these guys interesting."

Just my 2 cents.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.