Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De la Hoya/Pacquiao Weigh in
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
Dela = 145

Pacquiao =142

Dela was so dehydrated in my opinion you could literally see his pulse in his cheeks,lol.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 5 2008, 06:18 PM) [snapback]414359[/snapback]
Dela = 145

Pacquiao =142

Dela was so dehydrated in my opinion you could literally see his pulse in his cheeks,lol.

His face didn't look all that good and I still doubt that was his real weight. Pacquiao is going to outwork him.
mexi-cutioner
A rumour is going around that the scales were fixed for DLH benefit, and apparently Pac and Roach found Pacquiaos weight suspsiciuos on the scale too, since Pac weighed in at 146 at the time they left mandalay to head over to the MGM Grand, how did he lose 4 pounds so quickly without doing any activity??? I wouldn't be surprised if the scales were fixed in Oscars favour so he could appear much lighter and as if he had an easier time making weight than what is actually true
Method
Then wouldn't every other fighter have possibly weighed less?
D-MARV
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 6 2008, 05:13 PM) [snapback]414481[/snapback]
A rumour is going around that the scales were fixed for DLH benefit, and apparently Pac and Roach found Pacquiaos weight suspsiciuos on the scale too, since Pac weighed in at 146 at the time they left mandalay to head over to the MGM Grand, how did he lose 4 pounds so quickly without doing any activity??? I wouldn't be surprised if the scales were fixed in Oscars favour so he could appear much lighter and as if he had an easier time making weight than what is actually true

I don't buy it... I think the scales were legit. As Method said, every fighter would have been effected by this and I'm sure Manny and Roach would have made a scene right on the spot if they felt Manny was underweight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 6 2008, 07:51 PM) [snapback]414515[/snapback]
I don't buy it... I think the scales were legit. As Method said, every fighter would have been effected by this and I'm sure Manny and Roach would have made a scene right on the spot if they felt Manny was underweight.

Yeah, they could have got another scale out there to compare. And if they would have been way off, there would have been a huge controversy. I don't see them as taking that chance. I doubt it was rigged.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.