Full Version: De La Hoya 145 - Pacquiao 142
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

(Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

(Photo by Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images)

JD
Notice how when they are squared off with each other...Pac had his sneakers with a half inch (easy) sole on, and Oscar is in socks.
The CEO
Totally, JD.....and might have had some lifts in there.....somethin's fishy....makes me wanna change my pick again....lol
The CEO
also notice how they had Bernard right in the middle too....sayin' "look how much bigger Hopkins is".....it's all bullshit.
The CEO
Both in shoes earlier in the year.....

Nay_Sayer
Pacquiao looks like a beast....
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 5 2008, 07:48 PM) [snapback]414374[/snapback]
Both in shoes earlier in the year.....

Man he looks significantly smaller. Good thing Pacquiao wore his sneakers at the weigh in.
King Eugene
Notice how hard Freddy Roach was looking at the scale hoping Oscar was over by a lot. LOL
The CEO
Notice how Buboy's got his game face on....
Mean Mister Mustard
In that first pic, why are Marquez and Hatton looking at the ceiling? Maybe they were uncomfortable to see DLH in his underwear so they took out their "I ain't a homo face"
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Dehaydrated or not Oscar looks waaay bigger than Manny.

He also looks very hungry, hungry enough to put a fork in Manny and eat him on the spot.

As we speak you can bet the Golden Girl is tucking into a shitload of chow. Come fight time he could be close to 20 pounds heavier than the Pac-Monster.

Not only will Manny lose the fight I'm now actually worrying about how badly hurt he will get.
Method
I honestly dont see the size differential as pronounced as originally thought. Oscar has some height. That's about it, but the size differential is, IMO, NOT as pronounced as Margarito/Cotto.
WindyCityP
laugh.gif laugh.gif

dbdbdb
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 5 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]414390[/snapback]
I honestly dont see the size differential as pronounced as originally thought. Oscar has some height. That's about it, but the size differential is, IMO, NOT as pronounced as Margarito/Cotto.

Very similar to the height difference between AM and Cotto. Manny looks to be as usual in incredible shape. And DLH looks a little more nervous and jittery to me. During the weigh-in DLH was constantly flexing, gyrating and neck twisting ..... Maybe nerves.

In spite of the obvious physical differences -- I'm still pulling hard for the Pac-Man.

off-note:
Pac-Man has at least 30+ in his entourage laugh.gif I'm still trying to figure out what the hell they do besides eat, laugh, joke and enjoy the ride. At the very least a few of them should train so that they can help their meal-ticket win and win often.

Imperius3
I expected Pacquiao to be well below 147, but I thought DLH would barely be under 147.

Both are in great shape...should be good while it lasts.
BrutalBodyShots
I thought Oscar would look more drawn out/dehydrated, especially when I heard he weighed 145. I don't think he looks that bad... not like the skeleton that I've seen guys like Cotto and Morales step on the scales as. Rehydrated I think DLH will look to be the much bigger man in the ring on Saturday night.

kidbazooka1
Both look to be in real good shape though the sneaker thing is f*cking hilariouse they couldn't have made it any more obviouse. Well may the best man win.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 5 2008, 09:57 PM) [snapback]414399[/snapback]
Both look to be in real good shape though the sneaker thing is f*cking hilariouse they couldn't have made it any more obviouse. Well may the best man win.

You're so right, why didn't they just give Manny a fucking step ladder and be done with it?

Manny looks like a guy who is about as big as he can get without blowing up whilst Oscar looks like a guy who has been drinking water only for 3 days, you just know by figh time he will have filled right out and their sizes are going to look pretty silly.

Maybe they can install some lifts in Manny's boots.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 5 2008, 09:13 PM) [snapback]414381[/snapback]
Notice how Buboy's got his game face on....

Buboy's awesome.
and the NEW
Manny wants a payday, Oscar wants to knock someone cold.

This one is gonna be brutal.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 6 2008, 01:31 AM) [snapback]414422[/snapback]
Manny wants a payday, Oscar wants to knock someone cold.
This one is gonna be brutal.

THIS SITUATION IS SOO FU*KED UP!!!!

I don't see how anyone can say this event is good for boxing.
Jack 1000
I still think the size makes a difference. Given modern boxing they allow the extra weight to be added the day before a fight. I think Oscar will "ring walk" at about 155, just watch. I wonder if they are b.s that weight to try to make this fight on paper look more competitive than it really is. Nice shoe lifts Manny, now take them off so the public can really see that this fight will still be a larger man beating up on a midget. I feel sorry for PacMan. This fight isn't about Oscar's legacy. Fuck that. It's about him beating up a guy two sizes too small. The #1 guy in a division that's far below the norm.

I am not fooled by this weight. When they are in the ring, you will see the real story of this fight. How long can Manny hold Oscar off with speed and agility before Delahoya lands a punch too big for Manny's weight and it's goodnight? WTF else is Manny going to be able to do? Outpunch Delahoya?

Jack
salvador
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 5 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]414390[/snapback]

I'm just curious, have you been drinking?

neophyte7
Forbes is tiny and he touched up Delahoya pretty good depsite clearly losing... this could be interesting. Oscar dropped to 147 and may physiologically have some issues and get his ass kicked by the little man. Muscle mass seems to be pretty even. Oscar is gangly and has a bird chest. Let us not be so hasty in saying that Manny is getting knocked out cold...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 6 2008, 04:50 AM) [snapback]414435[/snapback]
I still think the size makes a difference. Given modern boxing they allow the extra weight to be added the day before a fight. I think Oscar will "ring walk" at about 155, just watch. I wonder if they are b.s that weight to try to make this fight on paper look more competitive than it really is. Nice shoe lifts Manny, now take them off so the public can really see that this fight will still be a larger man beating up on a midget. I feel sorry for PacMan. This fight isn't about Oscar's legacy. Fuck that. It's about him beating up a guy two sizes too small. The #1 guy in a division that's far below the norm.

I am not fooled by this weight. When they are in the ring, you will see the real story of this fight. How long can Manny hold Oscar off with speed and agility before Delahoya lands a punch too big for Manny's weight and it's goodnight? WTF else is Manny going to be able to do? Outpunch Delahoya?

Jack

Pacquiao 's plan is to attack and get out before DLH can get off his counterpunches.
buford54
To me, Freddy Roach's opinion carries some weight.
I think he cares to much about Manny to where he wouldn't have let Manny take the fight if he really believed it would be a massacre.
I know he has to say that he thinks Manny can win by stoppage, and I don't buy that.
But, I'm at least hoping it's not going to be the massacre that it probably should be.
Between Oscar's slowing down, Manny having brought power with him in his move from 107 up to 135 (hopefully to 147 as well)...I'm hoping for a semi-competitive fight.
salvador
QUOTE(buford54 @ Dec 6 2008, 12:35 PM) [snapback]414444[/snapback]
To me, Freddy Roach's opinion carries some weight.
I think he cares to much about Manny to where he wouldn't have let Manny take the fight if he really believed it would be a massacre.

If Roach thinks Pacquiao can win, it's only by a narrow decision at best.

Roach definitely has Pacquiao's best interest at heart, as Pacquiao will probably make $20-$25MM in one night - more than he would make in the rest of his career combined without this fight. And I think that the size differential is so dramatic that Roach knows that if it really is one sided, he can stop the fight before it gets too bad without any/much criticism from the fans.

Roach wants to see Pacquiao's 50 or so grandchildren living like kings in the Phillipines. That's real love, man.

Spyder
Roach wants to get paid, and has a hard-on for Oscar...that's why they took this fight.
Jack 1000
Roach definitely has Pacquiao's best interest at heart, as Pacquiao will probably make $20-$25MM in one night - more than he would make in the rest of his career combined without this fight. And I think that the size differential is so dramatic that Roach knows that if it really is one sided, he can stop the fight before it gets too bad without any/much criticism from the fans.

Totally agree.

Jack
MarzB
Roach definitely has Pacquiao's best interest at heart, as Pacquiao will probably make $20-$25MM in one night

Not according to this

Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer has informed www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that according to the bout contracts filed with the NSAC, Pacquiao will get a guaranteed purse of $6 million while Del La Hoya’s guaranteed purse is $20 million.

However, the overall split from revenues which would include pay-per-view and other ancillary rights as agreed upon would be 32 percent for Pacquiao and 68 percent for De La Hoya.

The Link below

http://insidesports.ph/boxing/pacquiao-gua...de-la-hoya-20m/

I doubt that 32 percent of the ancillary rights would equate to 14 million dollars as we all know this fight ppv buyrate is going to be no where near Floyd vs. Oscar buys.

This makes me hate Dela Hoya even more than I already do and thats a pretty high level of hatred. What a greedy bastard. I hope Pac can summon something to pull this off and it would make this dude look stupid. Poetic justice.

On another topic, I stand by what I said about Oscar's weight and on that same site of the above link they're alleging the scales were tampered with (not surprising)

Briefly, Pac's people are saying Manny was 146 when he left the hotel and he weigh'd in at 142. DLH people say he was 147. What bs, the only way you could lose 4lbs in that amount of time even if the scales are off is if he jump roped for 3 hours and on the way there coupled with being dehydrated along with spitting frequently. Manny looked anything but dehydrated.

DLH on the other hand, think of this guys. When was the last time he weigh'd in at 145?? I doubt he weigh'd in at that at the peak of his welterweight tenure.

http://insidesports.ph/boxing/controversy-on-the-scales/
Douchebag
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 6 2008, 03:33 PM) [snapback]414464[/snapback]
Roach definitely has Pacquiao's best interest at heart, as Pacquiao will probably make $20-$25MM in one night

Not according to this

Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer has informed www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that according to the bout contracts filed with the NSAC, Pacquiao will get a guaranteed purse of $6 million while Del La Hoya’s guaranteed purse is $20 million.

However, the overall split from revenues which would include pay-per-view and other ancillary rights as agreed upon would be 32 percent for Pacquiao and 68 percent for De La Hoya.

The Link below

I doubt that 32 percent of the ancillary rights would equate to 14 million dollars as we all know this fight ppv buyrate is going to be no where near Floyd vs. Oscar buys.

This makes me hate Dela Hoya even more than I already do and thats a pretty high level of hatred. What a greedy bastard. I hope Pac can summon something to pull this off and it would make this dude look stupid. Poetic justice.

On another topic, I stand by what I said about Oscar's weight and on that same site of the above link they're alleging the scales were tampered with (not surprising)

Briefly, Pac's people are saying Manny was 146 when he left the hotel and he weigh'd in at 142. DLH people say he was 147. What bs, the only way you could lose 4lbs in that amount of time even if the scales are off is if he jump roped for 3 hours and on the way there coupled with being dehydrated along with spitting frequently. Manny looked anything but dehydrated.

DLH on the other hand, think of this guys. When was the last time he weigh'd in at 145?? I doubt he weigh'd in at that at the peak of his welterweight tenure.

That report doesn't jive with pre fight negotiations that was reported on this very sight. I just can't see Manny's people agreeing to only getting a guaranteed 6 million, maybe 10 but not 6.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 5 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]414383[/snapback]
In that first pic, why are Marquez and Hatton looking at the ceiling? Maybe they were uncomfortable to see DLH in his underwear so they took out their "I ain't a homo face"

LOL!!!! You guys kill me somet6imes...

BTW, is JMM a GoldenBoy fighter?
Imperius3
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 6 2008, 02:33 PM) [snapback]414464[/snapback]

That's bullshit. The scale is provided by the commission, not by DLH. And if you think about it, if the scale was off, all the undercard bouts would have had guys overweight on it that came in at the proper weight. Including a 122lb world title fight that stepped on the scales right before Oscar and Manny. Guess what they both weighed? 122. It's bullshit on Roach's part.
Method
I'm just curious, have you been drinking?

Nope. I wrote that before I saw the sneakers vs socks pictures. That said, I STILL think there was greater size disparity between Marg/cotto than there is between these two shrimp.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 6 2008, 02:33 PM) [snapback]414464[/snapback]

+1

There's definately something up with how the weigh in went down....
Method
Paq is guaranteed $11,000,000, by the way.
salvador
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 6 2008, 05:10 PM) [snapback]414471[/snapback]
Nope. I wrote that before I saw the sneakers vs socks pictures. That said, I STILL think there was greater size disparity between Marg/cotto than there is between these two shrimp.

Amazing. I just don't see it at all.

Cotto was clearly smaller than marg, but he was thicker - particularly his lower body. Pacquiao just looks tiny compared with DLH in every way.

I really think that Pacquiao's entire body is going to get rocked with every jab.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 6 2008, 04:52 PM) [snapback]414478[/snapback]
I really think that Pacquiao's entire body is going to get rocked with every jab.

cosign tonight oscar will look like a supermiddle and i would put every penny i own on hbo not giving the weight of the fighters today like they usually do
salvador
QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 6 2008, 04:33 PM) [snapback]414464[/snapback]
[Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer has informed www.insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that according to the bout contracts filed with the NSAC, Pacquiao will get a guaranteed purse of $6 million while Del La Hoya’s guaranteed purse is $20 million.

However, the overall split from revenues which would include pay-per-view and other ancillary rights as agreed upon would be 32 percent for Pacquiao and 68 percent for De La Hoya.[/i]

The Link below

There's clearly way more than $26MM going to the fighters (assuming that Arum isn't taking some rediculous chunk). I obviously don't know the details, but the ticket sales were supposed to have been huge and this can't do less than 1.5MM PPV buys. I'd be shocked if Pacquiao ende up with less than $15MM - at least I hope that's not the case.
Method
Yeah, like I said, I just read an article stating that Manny is GUARANTEED $11M, NOT including any PPV %'s.

Fitz
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Dec 7 2008, 02:27 AM) [snapback]414440[/snapback]
Forbes is tiny and he touched up Delahoya pretty good depsite clearly losing... this could be interesting. Oscar dropped to 147 and may physiologically have some issues and get his ass kicked by the little man. Muscle mass seems to be pretty even. Oscar is gangly and has a bird chest. Let us not be so hasty in saying that Manny is getting knocked out cold...

I don't know why people bring up Forbes as an indication for a Pacquiao fight. Other than them both being small, how exactly are they alike?

buford54
That weight thing is a bit fishy.
Oscar's fights are such big events to Las Vegas and boxing, I could see some shennanigans going on to make sure this fight goes off.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 6 2008, 06:26 PM) [snapback]414491[/snapback]
I don't know why people bring up Forbes as an indication for a Pacquiao fight. Other than them both being small, how exactly are they alike?

I don't know... two totally different fighters. In fact their styles are classic rivals.
Method
Well, LIKE I SAID, before some deuche bag tried to punk me for not knowing shit, I didn't think the size differential was all that much, and it SO PAINFULLY OBVIOUSLY WASN'T.
neophyte7
The forbes fight was mentioned because Forbes is Tiny and Oscar was not that great and was nowhere near Koing Forbes... people can shove their size theories up their know it all asses... skill and speed and power offset size--- Goldie got his ass kicked in
mexi-cutioner
I have a feeling the weights were fixed to make the fight appear more even. I can't see delahoya weighing in at 145 and only gaining 2 pounds within a day, that doesn't seem right to me. Pac's weights however seemed reasonable, but Roach and Pac found it suspicious how their fighter weighed 146 at the hotel going into the weighing and then weighing 142 going on the scale (scale fixed for DLH benefit?)

I know some people who thought the fight was fixed but i highly doubt it was fixed since DLH would never allow himself to take such a beating and humiliated infront of millions of people, if it was fixed it wouldve been alot closer and less one sided than it appeared IMO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.