Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Froch-Pascal
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
Two rounds gone, I've got it 1-1.

Very good fight.
Maxy
3 rounds gone...its a really good fight....back and forth, both landing big shots but neither man looks to have been hurt.

Froch does look a little more tired...
Maxy
Another great round. It's a slugfest in there!

I've got it 2-1-1 Froch.

Both landing big shots often!
Maxy
Quieter round, perhaps the pace is getting to the both of them.

Ends with a great exchange. Damn, this fight is good. De La Hoya-Pac has a lot to live up to!
Maxy
Good round from Froch there. Great fight.

Nobody interested?

Fair enough.

KookedKrack
stream? is this on tv?
Maxy
Froch is on top now. Pascal is slowing down more noticeably but its still a good fight. Very good.
Maxy
Slow start to the 8th, Froch controlling the action. Pascal steps it up cuts Froch with a left (I think).

Froch ahead by 3 rounds on my card.
Maxy
Oh mate this is a great fight. Terrific shots from both fighters. Really, really good fight. I think Froch is two up but both are tiring.
Maxy
Tired round from both fighters but Froch shaded it.

3 rounds up with 2 to go.
Maxy
Froch gets the better of the 11th. It's his fight unless Pascal lands something very special.

The 12th should be a great round!
Maxy
I've got Froch winning it...waiting for the cards.

Great fight. Respect to both men. Top notch.
Mean Mister Mustard
Both guys slip shots well at times but they look too sloppy and leave their technique home. Neither one will dominate the division, give Kessler a good fight yes but not beat him.

salvador
I'm pissed that we're not getting this here. Pascal is one of the up and coming fighters that I'm really interested in.
Maxy
118-110, 117-111, 116-112 unanimous decision to Froch.

Good on him. Really good fight, deserved winner. The last card is probably the most accurate in my book but a loada respect to both fighters. Really enjoyed that.
Rabbit Punch2
judge: Predrag Aleksic 116-112 | judge: Herminio Cuevas Collazo 117-111 | judge: Tom Kaczmarek 118-110
Mean Mister Mustard
Can't believer Froch thought Calzaghe was avoiding him, he's not all that. But it was an entertaining fight and Froch showed versatility.
Maxy
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 6 2008, 06:58 PM) [snapback]414506[/snapback]
Can't believer Froch thought Calzaghe was avoiding him, he's not all that. But it was an entertaining fight and Froch showed versatility.

Calzaghe would never hurt Froch and probably vice versa but I'd be in Carl's corner if they ever did fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Scorecards were too wide but I Froch deserved it. Pascal was too wild in the exchanges, straighter punches could have done him some good. He also started out too fast, knowing he doesn't have the best stamina in the world you wonder why he started out so ruthlessly. Maybe it was nervous energy? Either way good fight but Froch showed a bit more skill in controlling the distance.
The Original MrFactor
Froch is an awkward guy. He's awkward in that, he's right in front of you and you dont see the punches coming. He seems to time things very well. I think Calzaghe would beat him because he negates Frochs timing of him because there is no timing when you throw nonstop punches... Froch throws a mean jab/uppercut...
D-MARV
Didn't get a chance to see the fight and I really wanted to... How do you guys think a Froch-Taylor fight goes?
ROLL DEEP
What an amazing fight.....just back from the pub where I watched it. It was hard to watch it properly as my mates were asking a million and one questions about everything to do with boxing, but still....

Both were hitting each other with BIG shots, but neither never seemed too hurt. I though Froch was gonna get KO'd by Pascals left hook. He got caught with it consistantly over a few rounds....I thought they were going to take their toll, but he coped with the power shots pretty well....as did Pascal.

Respect to both guys...they fought their heart and souls out. I had Froch winning by a few rounds.

Both didn't exactly box smoothly. They both abandoned their jab for most of the fight and seemed content on throwing bombs. Frochs defence was pretty terrible...as we knew, but he can't keep taking shots like that.

Wicked fight, glad Froch won. Respect to both guys....great show.
Jack 1000
I just watched it on my DVR tape delayed by FOX SPORTS. It was an amazing fight, I'd rather watch fights like this than so much of the showboating crap that we see nowadays. I had Froch well ahead in rounds 7-3-2. Their were many furious exchanges, but Carl got the best out of most of them. Very reminiscent of the Benn-Eubank days! Great fight, but a little too one-sided for FOTY honors. It is still a DVD keeper.

One note, Fox Sports DID edit down at least 2 rounds, so if Fox Sports replays it you may be getting an edited version. That is what sucked. There was only about 1 minute edited out of each of the two rounds. Make sure you see the full version.

Jack
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 29 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]418596[/snapback]
I just watched it on my DVR tape delayed by FOX SPORTS. It was an amazing fight, I'd rather watch fights like this than so much of the showboating crap that we see nowadays. I had Froch well ahead in rounds 7-3-2. Their were many furious exchanges, but Carl got the best out of most of them. Very reminiscent of the Benn-Eubank days! Great fight, but a little too one-sided for FOTY honors. It is still a DVD keeper.

One note, Fox Sports DID edit down at least 2 rounds, so if Fox Sports replays it you may be getting an edited version. That is what sucked. There was only about 1 minute edited out of each of the two rounds. Make sure you see the full version.

Jack

Yeah, what a fight!!!

Wathced it 3 times now. Never gets boring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.