Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pound 4 Pound
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
I've decided to only do pound 4 pound lists twice a year. Once in the Summer and once at the end of the year. Here we go...

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Joe Calzaghe
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Izzy Vasquez
6. Rafael Marquez
7. Ivan Calderon
8. Chad Dawson
9. Ricky Hatton
10. Antonio Margarito
mexi-cutioner
Dawson is legit, but i think he needs a few more competitive bouts in him to be deemed top 10 P4P worthy. I think i would put Miguel Cotto at the 9 or 10 spot despite his loss to Margarito, because he was dominating the fight up until about the 5th round, he's still hands down one of the top 2 or 3 welterweights today. I would even strongly consider putting Paul Williams at the 9 or 10 spot if not Cotto.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 7 2008, 10:51 AM) [snapback]414913[/snapback]
Dawson is legit, but i think he needs a few more competitive bouts in him to be deemed top 10 P4P worthy. I think i would put Miguel Cotto at the 9 or 10 spot despite his loss to Margarito, because he was dominating the fight up until about the 5th round, he's still hands down one of the top 2 or 3 welterweights today. I would even strongly consider putting Paul Williams at the 9 or 10 spot if not Cotto.

Yeah his list was good but I think Dawson could use one ortwo more big fights to be in the top 10.
BigG
Good list but like stated above I wouldn't have Dawson in the top 10 and Margarito deserves to be higher.
mrwigi
i cant imagine a p4p list today without the punisher. i have to admit, i was skeptical at pacquiao p4p, but after last nights performance he may have silenced more than just myself.
RealPuya
My would be:

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Joe Calzaghe
3. Juan Manuel Marquez
4. Israel Vazquez
5. Bernard Hopkins
6. Antonio Margarito
7. Miguel Cotto
8. Paul Williams
9. Ivan Calderon
10. Rafael Marquez
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 7 2008, 10:51 AM) [snapback]414913[/snapback]
I think i would put Miguel Cotto at the 9 or 10 spot despite his loss to Margarito, because he was dominating the fight up until about the 5th round, he's still hands down one of the top 2 or 3 welterweights today.

First of all Cotto was not "dominating" Margarito for the first 5 rounds... but whatever, even if that were true since when do you base a fighter's P4P standing on 5 rounds in a fight that he got beat down and stopped in?

slap
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 7 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]414943[/snapback]
First of all Cotto was not "dominating" Margarito for the first 5 rounds... but whatever, even if that were true since when do you base a fighter's P4P standing on 5 rounds in a fight that he got beat down and stopped in?

Your right cotto was not dominating the first 5 rounds cause he domanated the first 6 and I gave him the 9th and when they fight again cotto will win all 12 rounds he is much better than margarito just made 2 many mistakes
D-MARV
QUOTE(slap @ Dec 7 2008, 12:47 PM) [snapback]414955[/snapback]
Your right cotto was not dominating the first 5 rounds cause he domanated the first 6 and I gave him the 9th and when they fight again cotto will win all 12 rounds he is much better than margarito just made 2 many mistakes

Cotto may have been winning the first half of the fight but no way was he "dominating".
slap
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 7 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]414908[/snapback]
I've decided to only do pound 4 pound lists twice a year. Once in the Summer and once at the end of the year. Here we go...

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Joe Calzaghe
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Izzy Vasquez
6. Rafael Marquez
7. Ivan Calderon
8. Chad Dawson
9. Ricky Hatton
10. Antonio Margarito

1. Manny Pacquio
2. Joe Calzaghe
3. Bernard Hopkins
4. Juan Manuel Marquez
5. Izzy Vazquez
6. Antonio Margarito
7. Rafael Marquez
8. Ricky Hatton
9. Paul Williams
10. Miguel Cotto
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(slap @ Dec 7 2008, 12:47 PM) [snapback]414955[/snapback]

Guys like you make me laugh my ass off. I often wonder if I made comments like that before I really knew anything about the sport. I hope not.

The CEO
Hatton shouldn't be in the Top 10, guys...let's look at his last 3 bouts....

Owned by Mayweather....rocked a few times against a little, old LAZCANO....gets the stoppage against a MALIGNAGGI who didn't even show up....

The only reason he gets to be in the Top 20 is because he raped Tszyu 3 years ago and has a title today....because he's NOT a "P4P Boxer" in every sense of the term...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 7 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]414973[/snapback]

Owned by Mayweather....rocked a few times against a little, old LAZCANO....gets the stoppage against a MALIGNAGGI who didn't even show up....

The only reason he gets to be in the Top 20 is because he raped Tszyu 3 years ago and has a title today....because he's NOT a "P4P Boxer" in every sense of the term...

YOu already have one hate Wagon on your plate C, stick to that for the moment.
The CEO
Am I lyin' though?....lol
slap
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 7 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]414961[/snapback]
Guys like you make me laugh my ass off. I often wonder if I made comments like that before I really knew anything about the sport. I hope not.

Well I hope your laughing your ass off at the end of cotto margarito 2
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 7 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]414973[/snapback]

I give hm credit for the Malignaggi fight, I thought he looked good.

Lazcano... well he still won the fight by a HUGE margin. Look at the other guys in to top 10... Most of them had been rocked by guys lesser than them.

Mayweather- Well look... Before this fight, Hatton was a legit top 10 fighter, no questions asked! Do we punish this guy so much because he lost to the best fighter on the planet?

I mean Cotto was KO'd by Margarito and many people still have Cotto on their list.
The CEO
because Cotto has P4P skills...
Mean Mister Mustard
I agree with Dmarv, CEO is just hating, which is surprising considering his work against Hatton is already done.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 7 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]414980[/snapback]
because Cotto has P4P skills...

Well CEO...

However you want to look at it. Hatton Dominated and Stopped Malignaggi and Malignaggi was competitive against Cotto.

SO THERE... HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT ONE?

LOL
Lil-lightsout
My fighters in the top 10 in no particular order

Pacquiao
Marquez
John (people are forgetting he beat Marquez)
Calzaghe
Hopkins
Calderon(shame he is so small, no real comp)
Margarito
Guzman (to me he is the best but needs to prove himself)
JM Lopez (this guy is amazing)
Dawson
The CEO
My work is definitely done....but since Calzaghe's dormant...I gotta provide the truth....

Look at these other names....in the beginning.....bum after bum after bum after bum after bum after bum after bum after bum....beats old Tszyu with every advantage in his favor.....Maussa, Collazo, Urango, a super shot Castillo, Lazcano, Malignaggi...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 7 2008, 01:34 PM) [snapback]414979[/snapback]
I mean Cotto was KO'd by Margarito and many people still have Cotto on their list.

Alright Demarv, I totally agree with you. He lost and got a viscious beat down so he should be bumped.
The CEO
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 7 2008, 01:40 PM) [snapback]414982[/snapback]
Well CEO...

However you want to look at it. Hatton Dominated and Stopped Malignaggi and Malignaggi was competitive against Cotto.

SO THERE... HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT ONE?

LOL

Malignaggi was never a P4Per himself....and I don't even think about that fight when considering Cotto's P4P status....because he's Malignaggi...lol

Don't fall for the bs, marvelous....Hatton is a big fat NOTHIN'.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 7 2008, 01:41 PM) [snapback]414984[/snapback]
My work is definitely done....but since Calzaghe's dormant...I gotta provide the truth....

Look at these other names....in the beginning.....bum after bum after bum after bum after bum after bum after bum after bum....beats old Tszyu with every advantage in his favor.....Maussa, Collazo, Urango, a super shot Castillo, Lazcano, Malignaggi...

I think Hatton deserves to be in the lower rung of the top 10. Other than those 2 rounds he beat the snot out of Lazcano and punished poor Paulie. He may not be a complete fighter but he does very well for himself with what he's got. That's just my opinion and I won't argue with anyone who says he should be top 20 at best.
D-MARV
I want to see some more list!!!!! Come on people.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(slap @ Dec 7 2008, 01:33 PM) [snapback]414977[/snapback]
Well I hope your laughing your ass off at the end of cotto margarito 2

Nope I'll just be smiling again like the first time when I made about $1200 on Margarito by stoppage.

pcraw
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:05 AM) [snapback]414908[/snapback]

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Joe Calzaghe
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Izzy Vasquez
6. Rafael Marquez
7. Ivan Calderon
8. Chad Dawson
9. Ricky Hatton
10. Antonio Margarito

Good list, but I would replace Dawson with PWill swap Calzaghe and JMM and would have Margarito in top 6.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 7 2008, 09:14 AM) [snapback]414943[/snapback]

Ok, well dominated was probably an improper word to use, BUT i thought he was definitely winning upto that point which shows that he can stay competitive with Margarito, can he beat a margarito and last 12 rounds? we've yet to find out. Other than that, he does display p4p talent and up to his last fight vs margarito i could see him progressing and improving as a fighter even though he lost. Hopefully he uses that loss as motivation and a learning experience and doesn't get negatively effected by it in the future....
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 7 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]414983[/snapback]
My fighters in the top 10 in no particular order

Pacquiao
Marquez
John (people are forgetting he beat Marquez)
Calzaghe
Hopkins
Calderon(shame he is so small, no real comp)
Margarito
Guzman (to me he is the best but needs to prove himself)
JM Lopez (this guy is amazing)
Dawson

I would never put Chris John on any p4p list. Yes, he beat Marquez, but he had the hometown advantage and even if he did win(whihc is questionable), the scoring was much more lopsided than it should have. If John can step out of his country or atleast fight more named fighters on a regular basis rather than consistently padding his record vs club fighters, then I will consider moving him onto my p4p list. Dawson and Lopez like i said, they're going to be the next best thing in boxing but they still need some more fights in them to be considered top 10 p4p. Guzman is questionable, skilled yes, but I have my doubts about him.

My P4P list would look like:
1-Pacquiao
2-Marquez
3-Calzaghe
4-BHop
5-I. Vasquez
6-Margarito
7-Calderon
8-P.Williams
9-Hatton
10-Cotto
BigG
Pacquiao
JM Marquez
Hopkins
Calzaghe
Williams
Margarito
Cotto
Vazquez
Hatton
Calderon

Then the next 10 should be

Donaire
Montiel
Marquez (Rafael)
Darchinyan
Dawson
Guzman
Penalosa
Juan Ma Lopez
Pavlik
Taylor

JMO
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 7 2008, 02:34 PM) [snapback]414979[/snapback]
I give hm credit for the Malignaggi fight, I thought he looked good.

Lazcano... well he still won the fight by a HUGE margin. Look at the other guys in to top 10... Most of them had been rocked by guys lesser than them.

Mayweather- Well look... Before this fight, Hatton was a legit top 10 fighter, no questions asked! Do we punish this guy so much because he lost to the best fighter on the planet?

AGREED!!

I also want to add that Hatton had improved quite a bit since the Mayweather fight..Floyd Sr. has helped him a lot in my opinion and I thought he looked real good against Malignaggi..

Cotto in my opinion could be no higher than 10 right now..
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 7 2008, 07:47 PM) [snapback]415058[/snapback]
Pacquiao
JM Marquez
Hopkins
Calzaghe
Williams
Margarito
Cotto
Vazquez
Hatton
Calderon

Then the next 10 should be

Donaire
Montiel
Marquez (Rafael)
Darchinyan
Dawson
Guzman
Penalosa
Juan Ma Lopez
Pavlik
Taylor

JMO

Solid List... We pretty much have the same fighters except I have Dawson and you have Cotto! Fair enough, But why do you have Hopkins over Calzaghe... Do you hate the guy that much?
The CEO
There's no way in Hell Hatton should be ranked above Cotto in a "P4P Boxer" sense.....Cotto owns him across the board.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 7 2008, 10:25 PM) [snapback]415098[/snapback]
There's no way in Hell Hatton should be ranked above Cotto in a "P4P Boxer" sense.....Cotto owns him across the board.

LOL... Thats really killing you, huh?

THERES ONLY ONNNNEEEEE RICKY HATTON!!!!!!!!!!
The CEO
FUCK YOU IN YOUR EAR!!

laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 7 2008, 10:28 PM) [snapback]415100[/snapback]
FUCK YOU IN YOUR EAR!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]415099[/snapback]
THERES ONLY ONNNNEEEEE RICKY HATTON!!!!!!!!!!

(Playing the trumpet while Damarv sings)
The CEO
You're better than that...you're all better than that....

(channels Big Floyd pre Mayweather Jr.-Hatton)

This some bullshit. Hatton ain't no boxer, man. Top 10 P4P my ass. That boy can't carry my son's spit bucket let alone fight him...he's gonna get his ass WHOOPED.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 7 2008, 11:35 PM) [snapback]415103[/snapback]
You're better than that...you're all better than that....
(channels Big Floyd pre Mayweather Jr.-Hatton)
This some bullshit. Hatton ain't no boxer, man. Top 10 P4P my ass. That boy can't carry my son's spit bucket let alone fight him...he's gonna get his ass WHOOPED.

I'm sorry but your son would get KO'd.. friends.gif
mexi-cutioner
Just thought I' post this since it made me lol, boxrec.com top 10 pound 4 pound list as of today
Lb 4 Lb
1 Joe Calzaghe light heavyweight
2 Bernard Hopkins light heavyweight
3 Israel Vazquez super bantamweight
4 Juan Manuel Marquez lightweight
5 Celestino Caballero super bantamweight
6 Wladimir Klitschko heavyweight
7 Chad Dawson light heavyweight
8 Ricky Hatton light welterweight
9 Nonito Donaire flyweight
10 Vic Darchinyan super flyweight

I find it funny how Pacquiao and Margarito were completely left off the list, makes me wonder how credible boxrec really is and who are hte people in charge of making their rankings
STEVENSKI
I would have Vic D in the top 10 he is the only UNDISPUTED champion in the game & that counts for a hell of a lot IMO.
D-MARV
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 7 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]415106[/snapback]
Just thought I' post this since it made me lol, boxrec.com top 10 pound 4 pound list as of today
Lb 4 Lb
1 Joe Calzaghe light heavyweight
2 Bernard Hopkins light heavyweight
3 Israel Vazquez super bantamweight
4 Juan Manuel Marquez lightweight
5 Celestino Caballero super bantamweight
6 Wladimir Klitschko heavyweight
7 Chad Dawson light heavyweight
8 Ricky Hatton light welterweight
9 Nonito Donaire flyweight
10 Vic Darchinyan super flyweight

I find it funny how Pacquiao and Margarito were completely left off the list, makes me wonder how credible boxrec really is and who are hte people in charge of making their rankings

Yeah, there rankings are always fucked up... They have Manny Pac as the best WELTERWEIGHT in the world, LOL
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]415113[/snapback]
I would have Vic D in the top 10 he is the only UNDISPUTED champion in the game & that counts for a hell of a lot IMO.

I thought long and hard about including him in this list... Definitely top 12, I wouldn't argue if someone had him in the top 10
torvix2000
Actually Boxrec's P4P list is determined by a computer algorithm which is based on activity. Not on quality. And they are the only ones who know how the algorithm works. And they don't care about who will read the list because they know that people won't take it seriously anyway.
BigG
if Vic is top 12 you have to put Donaire too because of his dominant victory over Vic.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2008, 08:27 AM) [snapback]415159[/snapback]
if Vic is top 12 you have to put Donaire too because of his dominant victory over Vic.

I can see that, but Vic has been more active and has fought better comp than Donaire
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2008, 05:27 AM) [snapback]415159[/snapback]

True, but I feel like Darchinyan has stepped up his level of opposition in comparison to Donaire after his upset KO loss to Donaire

After their fight:
Darchinyan has stayed more active and has fought BETTER overall oppoosition in comparison to Donaire, fighting Catubay(this was a gimme win to boost Darchy's confidence), Gorres, Kirilov and Mijares and is set to face Arce early in 2009. Donaire has fought 2 fighters-Maldonado and Mthlane, virtually unrecognizable names within the sport and although Donaire has won in convincing fashion, I think alot of people can agree that Gorres,Kirilov,Mijares and Arce are much better opposition than Maldonado and Mthlane.

THUS why i believe Darchy should be a few rankings ahead of Donaire on the p4p rankings and if i were to put one of the two on the list it would be Darchy by far
BigG
Definitely true...Vic is P4P and the truth but I personally just have a hard time putting Vic above Donaire because of how recent their fight was (just a year ago). But Vic has definitely stepped up and deserves all the credit in the world for beating the shit out of Mijares, the Russian AND Z Gorres (robbery)
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2008, 09:46 AM) [snapback]415170[/snapback]
Definitely true...Vic is P4P and the truth but I personally just have a hard time putting Vic above Donaire because of how recent their fight was (just a year ago). But Vic has definitely stepped up and deserves all the credit in the world for beating the shit out of Mijares, the Russian AND Z Gorres (robbery)

I wouldn't argue either way...

But Donaire will have his chance to prove his worth, Rumor is... It's almost a done deal between him and Montiel!
BigG
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 8 2008, 03:22 AM) [snapback]415097[/snapback]
Solid List... We pretty much have the same fighters except I have Dawson and you have Cotto! Fair enough, But why do you have Hopkins over Calzaghe... Do you hate the guy that much?

Because I thought he lost to Hopkins and because I don't think hes' a better fighter than B-Hop. Just my opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.