Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holt vs. D Hop
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Al Hata
What do you guys think of this fight? I think it's an interesting match-up but sucks compared to what Holt/Torres 3 would have been. Holt by boring UD.
Michigan Assassin
As far as late subs go this is a great one. I think D.Hop has a few things that can give Holt some problem but I agree sucks that Torres got sick.

Hopefully, we'll be able to see Holt-Torres III sometime in 2009, but its nice to see Hopkins willing to step in on such late notice and props to Holt for stepping up and accepting a new opponent that he hasn't been prepping for.

Holt should stop him in the mid to late rounds, however. Holt TKO 9
D-MARV
I hope Holt KOs him in the first!
Lil-lightsout
Really sucks Torres is out, but atleast they found someone to save the show. I would favor Holt in this, but who knows maybe Hopkins will surprise us on short notice(he better hope he has his uncles chin).
Mean Mister Mustard
It would appear that Holt packs a whooping punch which is why it's a shame to see him coast to boring decisions against Tackie and others but the fact remains this guy is good even if he does have a crappy chin. He beat Isaac whats his name ( the man who beat Campbell and retired P.Ndou) with ease. He showed power by dropping him twice if I recall. He also had Aranoutis shut out and was outboxing Torres before he was stopped.

D-Hop is a good long range fighter and this fight will be played that way. I think Holt's speed will be the difference. If you like technical matches, this figures to be one.
JonnyBlaze
This fucking SUCKS!!!!!I don't want to see D Hopkins go in and get KO'd..I wanted to see Holt/Torres one more time..
salvador
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 8 2008, 11:24 PM) [snapback]415334[/snapback]
Really sucks Torres is out, but atleast they found someone to save the show. I would favor Holt in this, but who knows maybe Hopkins will surprise us on short notice(he better hope he has his uncles chin).

Hopkins is in shape. HE was training to fight that night anyway on the undercard.
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm still watching this rather than Klitschko-Rahman.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Dec 8 2008, 07:45 PM) [snapback]415296[/snapback]
What do you guys think of this fight? I think it's an interesting match-up but sucks compared to what Holt/Torres 3 would have been. Holt by boring UD.

i actually think d. hop. has a good chance in this fight... yes, he's been off for a year but he is still young and fresh and that shouldnt hurt him as it would an older fighter, plus he was already in training for a fight so he is in shape... kendall holt on the other hand who was training for the style of torres all of a sudden is faced with a completely diffrent style of fighter... that could come into play... d. hop. is not a bad fighter and deff. has some skills... you can argue he lost to forbes but that aside he has had a pretty solid career otherwise... holt has been tko'd in one by thomas davis ( http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...8&cat=boxer ) and knocked down a few times... so the fight is def. not a mismatch... i think it could turn out to be a good scrap and i really cant pick a winner in this one tho if i had to choose i think i would lean towards holt tho i am not confidant in that pick... thats just if i had to pick a winner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.