Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holyfield v Valuev: Preview and Discussion
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Michigan Assassin
This topic is gonna catch some shit I'm sure but I'm wondering if this fights is going to be shown in the US.

I'm sure that people will say we don't want a Apollo Creed situation ("if he dies, he dies") but Valuev isn't exactly a monster, unless you're an old parking attendant, and Evander may be able to get inside thouse long slow punches and get some work done.

He doesn't have anything to hurt Valuev or maintain for long streches at this time but still is a fight I wouldn't mind seeing if they're broadcasting it here.
STEVENSKI
"If he dies he dies"

So long as Vander comes out in a top hat & dances with James Browns corpse I will PPV that for sure.
Lil-lightsout
Holyfield will lose a unanimous 12 round boring decision. He will average about throwing 25-35 punches a round, and after the loss he will say he will still keep fighting till he is the undisputed Heavyweight Champion. Later that night he will hook up with some woman and eventually have another kid out of wedlock.
stillperpetuallygrooving
actually I was about to start a topic about this fight as well...hah which for some reason i am very interested in...i guess because valuev is living proof that neanderthal genes remain in us even today, and the fact that holyfield is one of the biggest names in boxing history...i also think holyfield has a chance to get inside and DOWORK.COM...will it be enough to earn more points than valuev sticking him constantly with his jabs? i doubt it, but i think that holyfield might show up in damn good shape and take valuev to school...and then he will actually be given a chance to fight someone like klitschko, peter, povektin and get the hell beat out of him...but im gonna throw some cash on holyfield so i can triple my earnings if i win...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Dec 9 2008, 04:42 AM) [snapback]415356[/snapback]
but im gonna throw some cash on holyfield so i can triple my earnings if i win...

Trust me you will lose.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 8 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]415357[/snapback]
Trust me you will lose.

Yeah I'm interested in this fight but not gonna lay any bread on Holy at this stage in his life.
BigG
Oldyfield will get shut out by the Apes jab.
King Eugene
As long as it ends within 5 I'm cool.

This is going to be one boring ass fight.
Michigan Assassin
Does anyone know wether it is going to be shown here in the States though?
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 9 2008, 03:08 AM) [snapback]415390[/snapback]
Hey Johnny, can you make your pick official in here? So we can sit around and all have a laugh about it later?

Thanks in advance brah.

LMAO I swear I was thinking the samething.

Like I asked earlier and this is too anyone who thinks Holyfield will win, if he lose will it be because he couldn't raise his left shoulder to block the right hands?
The Original MrFactor
If there was a Champ Holy could beat, this has to be the guy. If Valuev's back wasnt so hairy, they could show movies on it. thats one big joker... Holy will probably lose, like a poster above said, and make excuses and ultimately say the same shit about not retiring until he's undisputed. At that point thay should put him in a straight jacket and lock him up. he should undeniably get no more fights after he loses this...

Unfortunately, Valuev is very beatable for most guys not named Holyfield. He's such a big target that you cant help but hit him. You may get a fistful of hair. He has dreads growing out of his chest and back. I cant help but think that if Holy somehow pulls off the upset, he'll get a fight with one of the Klitschko brothers and be killed in the ring. Hope not, always liked Evander...
mrwigi
i didnt even know this old mother fucka was still boxing... LMAO..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 9 2008, 03:00 AM) [snapback]415401[/snapback]
If there was a Champ Holy could beat, this has to be the guy. If Valuev's back wasnt so hairy, they could show movies on it. thats one big joker... Holy will probably lose, like a poster above said, and make excuses and ultimately say the same shit about not retiring until he's undisputed. At that point thay should put him in a straight jacket and lock him up. he should undeniably get no more fights after he loses this...
Unfortunately, Valuev is very beatable for most guys not named Holyfield. He's such a big target that you cant help but hit him. You may get a fistful of hair. He has dreads growing out of his chest and back. I cant help but think that if Holy somehow pulls off the upset, he'll get a fight with one of the Klitschko brothers and be killed in the ring. Hope not, always liked Evander...

lets say he does win i dont think the klits will kill him but they will brutally knock him out...
Tha Docta
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Dec 9 2008, 03:25 PM) [snapback]415464[/snapback]
lets say he does win i dont think the klits will kill him but they will brutally knock him out...

unfortunately that is the only option available to finally rid the public of Holyfield. i dont like seeing guys get hurt, but i think a nice heaping pile of brain damage is the only thing that will keep this MF out of the ring. i doubt valuev has the power to do it, so i say, bring on Klitchko.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 9 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]415465[/snapback]
unfortunately that is the only option available to finally rid the public of Holyfield. i dont like seeing guys get hurt, but i think a nice heaping pile of brain damage is the only thing that will keep this MF out of the ring. i doubt valuev has the power to do it, so i say, bring on Klitchko.

in a way holyfield winning would be a good thing for boxing right now.. shall i say it might work as a temporary shot in the arm.... he would be all over the news and the build up to a klit. fight would be huge... the fight itself would be a masacre but the build up would be huge...lol... and it would sell... its a fight that casual fans would buy... holyfield could actually milk the title for a bit too before getting brutalized... their are some lower ranked contenders i think he could still get by... you'd have to go way down the list but he could fight a minto or a sanil sam before the execution takes place... but... all that would never happen cuzz chances are better he loses this fight.. valuev will keep him at the end of that pole like jab all night long.
King Eugene
The only way Holyfield stops boxing is if he's beaten so bad into submission that he develops a serious case of brain damage followed by amnesia and he forgets he even knew how to throw a punch let alone box.

Let him win so we can throw him in the ring with one of the Klits or David Haye.
JD
Holyfield is going to lose.

After he loses, he will get another shot at someone else with a name...and lose again.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 9 2008, 09:04 PM) [snapback]415513[/snapback]
Holyfield is going to lose.

After he loses, he will get another shot at someone else with a name...and lose again.

Sounds almost like my man Judah except he gets wins in between his big loses.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 9 2008, 10:32 PM) [snapback]415519[/snapback]

The difference is that Holyfield has won multiple big fights throughout his career... while Judah only got the W in 1 out of about 7 big fights in his career.

JonnyBlaze
Holyfield UD
King Eugene
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 9 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]415522[/snapback]
The difference is that Holyfield has won multiple big fights throughout his career... while Judah only got the W in 1 out of about 7 big fights in his career.

I was talking about the last few years.

You ruined a perfectly good joke. You suck! aggressive.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 9 2008, 10:48 PM) [snapback]415523[/snapback]
Holyfield UD

Please explain how.

DD Holyfield

DD=Dumb Decision...............to still be trying to fight that is.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 9 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]415519[/snapback]

Does Jeremy Bates,Fres Oquendo,Vinny Maddalone,Lou Saverese sound familiar??He was also 44-45 at the time while Zab is still pretty young at 31..That's more consecutive wins than Zab has gotten since 2004-2005.. haha.gif

King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 9 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]415542[/snapback]
Does Jeremy Bates,Fres Oquendo,Vinny Maddalone,Lou Saverese sound familiar??He was also 44-45 at the time while Zab is still pretty young at 31..That's more consecutive wins than Zab has gotten since 2004-2005.. haha.gif

All of these guys are bums. Just like Zab he has not won a big/title fight in the last few years. The only thing he has on Zab is he is doing the same thing as Zab at this point in both of their careers, blowing the big fights. When was the last time he won a meaningful belt?

Oh and those weak ass Texas exhibition matches dont count for shit.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 10 2008, 01:16 AM) [snapback]415554[/snapback]
All of these guys are bums. Just like Zab he has not won a big/title fight in the last few years. The only thing he has on Zab is he is doing the same thing as Zab at this point in both of their careers, blowing the big fights. When was the last time he won a meaningful belt?

Fres Oquendo is no bum!!He should be a former heavyweight champ..Lou Saverese is decent too..Zab can only beat bums now..He just keeps getting major beatings in his big fights..Holy may of been on the end of a one sided fight against Ibragimov but he isn't getting the shit kicked outta him like Zab has been lately..
JonnyBlaze
Last time Zab won a meaningful fight was in 05 against Cory Spinks..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 10 2008, 12:21 AM) [snapback]415557[/snapback]
Fres Oquendo is no bum!!He should be a former heavyweight champ..Lou Saverese is decent too..Zab can only beat bums now..He just keeps getting major beatings in his big fights..Holy may of been on the end of a one sided fight against Ibragimov but he isn't getting the shit kicked outta him like Zab has been lately..

Should've would've could've but didnt.

Who has Lou Saverse beat that was meaningful?

Holy didn't get the shit kicked out of him against Ibragimov? LMAO ok. Atleast Zab is able to win rounds.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 10 2008, 12:23 AM) [snapback]415559[/snapback]
Last time Zab won a meaningful fight was in 05 against Cory Spinks..

And when was the last time Holyfield won one?

Man this is the dumbest debate ever! We are talking about two past their prime bummed out fighters and yes Holy has turned himself into a bum.
JonnyBlaze
Holy beat Oquendo..I think that was a meaningful fight which I thought was the reason why he got the Ibragimov fight..

Saverese has fought a lot of real good fighters..He KO'd Douglas in 1,Lance Whitaker,Tim Whiterspoon,and Buster Mathis Jr..He also lost to Tyson and Foreman..

This is a stupid debate especially since we are talking about a 46 year old and a 31 year old..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 10 2008, 12:38 AM) [snapback]415565[/snapback]
Holy beat Oquendo..I think that was a meaningful fight which I thought was the reason why he got the Ibragimov fight..

Saverese has fought a lot of real good fighters..He KO'd Douglas in 1,Lance Whitaker,Tim Whiterspoon,and Buster Mathis Jr..He also lost to Tyson and Foreman..

This is a stupid debate especially since we are talking about a 46 year old and a 31 year old..

I used to think Fres was real good, like when he "beat" Byrd, but I don't know what happened to him. How the hell did he lose to Evander?

Savarese is garbage. Douglas was fat and past his prime, Lance Whitaker...you got to be kidding me., Witherspoon was old, Mathis Jr., who the hell is he and what has he ever done?

Yes, a stupid debate.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 10 2008, 12:38 AM) [snapback]415565[/snapback]

LOL, are you giving Holyfield credit for beating Savarese?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 10 2008, 05:13 AM) [snapback]415597[/snapback]
LOL, are you giving Holyfield credit for beating Savarese?

LMAO...!!!... what are you saying marv.?.. you dont think saverese is the goods?... saverese got robbed against foreman...lol
STEVENSKI
Since both guys are washed up & "bums" now. Who has had teh greater career?

Holyfield former undisputed cruiserweight champion & undisputed heavyweight champion.

Zab fluked the welterweight crown & lost it to a bum.

Zab will be remembered as a hilarious highlight on a KO clips show & that is it!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 10 2008, 04:50 AM) [snapback]415586[/snapback]
Don't you mean 'only'? Because maybe I have drawn a blank, but for the life of me, I can't think of another meaningful win.

Micky Ward is another actually..At the time the fight took place it might not have been but I think it became a meaningful win..A lot of you might disagree but it might be because I am a really big Ward fan(I don't think so though)..I think he had the most accurate live shot of anyone..If he wanted it,he got it it seemed like..

Holy's career isn't comparable to Zab's and to compare their careers is wrong..Holy's career on tape in my opinion is in the top 20 best careers ever..I am saying that if you were to watch everyones career,Holy's would be in the top 20..Archie Moore is top 5 in my opinion(for measure)..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 10 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]415662[/snapback]
Zab fluked the welterweight crown & lost it to a bum.

Zab will be remembered as a hilarious highlight on a KO clips show & that is it!

Zab also was the Jr. Welterweight Champion too. I seriously wonder what type of future he has after boxing. I doubt he saved his money he made, maybe I am wrong though, but what do some fighters like Zab plan to do for money after boxing is done?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 10 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]415682[/snapback]
Zab also was the Jr. Welterweight Champion too. I seriously wonder what type of future he has after boxing. I doubt he saved his money he made, maybe I am wrong though, but what do some fighters like Zab plan to do for money after boxing is done?

Probably star his own record label.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 10 2008, 01:16 AM) [snapback]415554[/snapback]
Oh and those weak ass Texas exhibition matches dont count for shit.

That's absolute BS! I hate it when it people seem to rip on Holyfield due to it seemingly being the trendy thing to do to go with the heard.

Granted....this current title shot is totally unwarrented and based on his name ONLY. BUT....I've always defended his shot at Sultan...you look at those 4 fights he had in TX and name me 1 single HW who in that 2 year time period did more? I'll save you the trouble....NONE. No decent, ranked HW fought decent opposition 4 times in a 2 year period to earn a shot.

NOW....you might argue the level of comp....and that is a fair argument.....BUT, if you are going to put things under a microscope and break things down to that level.....one should do it in regard to ALL aspects and not simply what suits their argument. Many may not like it.....but that 4 fight win streak COUPLED with his name and recognition IMHO justifiably earned him a shot. Also it was decent for a man his age.

With ANY older HW...fighting top comp IS NOT the smart way to go....Foreman did not do it. Holyfield fought nothing but top comp prior to that streak and it got him a lot of losses...many that were respectable...but losses none the less.

Bates was a softy for the guy after he had been inactive for 2 years. Fres was and is a decent opponent....many are treating him as if he's Cliff Couser and that is not the case. Vinny maddalone although a PERFECT match for Holy was still younger so some credit should be given there....and Savarese had been on a little win streak coming in and although not a top HW was still a very capable opponent that had had a prior decent level of success in the past.

You let James Toney go through that VERY SAME line of opp and can say 100% those same people that rip it for Holy would be screaming for a title shot for JT!
King Eugene
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 11 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]415704[/snapback]
That's absolute BS! I hate it when it people seem to rip on Holyfield due to it seemingly being the trendy thing to do to go with the heard.

Granted....this current title shot is totally unwarrented and based on his name ONLY. BUT....I've always defended his shot at Sultan...you look at those 4 fights he had in TX and name me 1 single HW who in that 2 year time period did more? I'll save you the trouble....NONE. No decent, ranked HW fought decent opposition 4 times in a 2 year period to earn a shot.

NOW....you might argue the level of comp....and that is a fair argument.....BUT, if you are going to put things under a microscope and break things down to that level.....one should do it in regard to ALL aspects and not simply what suits their argument. Many may not like it.....but that 4 fight win streak COUPLED with his name and recognition IMHO justifiably earned him a shot. Also it was decent for a man his age.

With ANY older HW...fighting top comp IS NOT the smart way to go....Foreman did not do it. Holyfield fought nothing but top comp prior to that streak and it got him a lot of losses...many that were respectable...but losses none the less.

Bates was a softy for the guy after he had been inactive for 2 years. Fres was and is a decent opponent....many are treating him as if he's Cliff Couser and that is not the case. Vinny maddalone although a PERFECT match for Holy was still younger so some credit should be given there....and Savarese had been on a little win streak coming in and although not a top HW was still a very capable opponent that had had a prior decent level of success in the past.

You let James Toney go through that VERY SAME line of opp and can say 100% those same people that rip it for Holy would be screaming for a title shot for JT!

Ok, I see you took this very personal. laugh.gif by your first line. I didn't even bother reading the rest of this super long post. Its really not that serious considering I'm a bigger Holy fan than Toney. Going with the trend.......NO. Holy at 40 was still a good fighter but Holy at 46 needs to shut it down and I'd say the same about Toney at 46 too. Even if Toney won the same string of BS Texas fights Holy won, I would still say HE DOES NOT DESERVE A TITLE SHOT!

Hell and if you want to go that route then put Holy in the ring with Ja.........oh nevermind
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 11 2008, 01:49 AM) [snapback]415704[/snapback]

clapping.gif
JD
Jeremy Bates, Fres Oquendo, Vinny Madalone and Lou Savarese are what title shots are made of. No doubt.
Tha Docta
i cant believe that someone wants to give holyfield credit for the maddalone win. maddalone is one step above guys in the toughman competitions. bates & savarrese are jokes. anybody that has seen holyfield fight recently has to know that the guy is a complete waste of time. but he probably thinks that as along as he can pump his body full of HGH that he can still win a title. throw him in with arreola, sit back and watch the brain damage roll in.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 11 2008, 02:57 AM) [snapback]415711[/snapback]
Ok, I see you took this very personal. laugh.gif by your first line. I didn't even bother reading the rest of this super long post. Its really not that serious considering I'm a bigger Holy fan than Toney. Going with the trend.......NO. Holy at 40 was still a good fighter but Holy at 46 needs to shut it down and I'd say the same about Toney at 46 too. Even if Toney won the same string of BS Texas fights Holy won, I would still say HE DOES NOT DESERVE A TITLE SHOT!

Hell and if you want to go that route then put Holy in the ring with Ja.........oh nevermind

Nothing was taken personal....I just give the man credit where others don't...or won't. If you did not read the entire post....you really have no business responding....

But...seeing as how you did anyhow, allow me to retort.

MAYBE...you would say JT needs to shut it down....but you would be in the minority.

But, had you read the entire post...maybe you can get to work on telling me what other HW did more in that same time period to warrent a shot?

Believe me....I've heard this BS argument ever since the Holy/Sultan fight was announced and I have looked...and there is very little out there that won 4 stright fights in a 2 year period over named opposition.....and granted they did not have the marquee name either....but like I said....if you are going to put the topic under a microscope...ALL aspects should come into play.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 11 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]415770[/snapback]
Jeremy Bates, Fres Oquendo, Vinny Madalone and Lou Savarese are what title shots are made of. No doubt.

IMHO....in today's HW scene...I don't see why it would not.

I suppose a draw with Sultan is worthy right?

Or how about a BS Emperious Leader made up title that allows you to fight for the title free.....that's better than the above right?

rolleyes_anim.gif

People should not act like Holyfield is the ONLY HW getting gift shots.

Those you mentioned IMHO are better than what one might line up today.....at the very least I know of every one of those names....Bates being the worst....but as I said before it was for a 2 year lay off.

You guys act as if Holyfield needs to be fighting the top 5 to get his shot.....hate to tell you....but it does not and has never worked that way in relation to older, established fighters....you may not like it..but a name gets you that added desire by promotors and the fighters themselves.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 11 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]415777[/snapback]
i cant believe that someone wants to give holyfield credit for the maddalone win. maddalone is one step above guys in the toughman competitions. bates & savarrese are jokes. anybody that has seen holyfield fight recently has to know that the guy is a complete waste of time. but he probably thinks that as along as he can pump his body full of HGH that he can still win a title. throw him in with arreola, sit back and watch the brain damage roll in.

It's in the same vain as somebody giving JT credit for Booker.....or a fighter credit for Sykes. Is it absolute top comp.....no....but is it bottom of the barrel low....no.

And....when a person is not clouded by bias.....and you take the age into consideration as well....it wa a decent opponent.

George Foreman did that exact same thing in the 90's....set himself up with softer but often named comp to earn a shot with sheer activity and name recognition.

As for the Arreola comment....sure...throw them in together. I myself don't think it would be the one-sided ass beating you seem to think it would. At the same time being level headed and realistic.....due to his age I would never say Holyfield has a 100% shot at beating even a crap fighter like Arreola (who is not much more than Maddalone at this point IMHO)...but at the same time....unlike you..based on what I've seen...I would not give Arreola a 100% chance at a win either...and that aint due to age.
JD
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 11 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]415784[/snapback]
IMHO....in today's HW scene...I don't see why it would not.

I suppose a draw with Sultan is worthy right?

Or how about a BS Emperious Leader made up title that allows you to fight for the title free.....that's better than the above right?

rolleyes_anim.gif

People should not act like Holyfield is the ONLY HW getting gift shots.

Those you mentioned IMHO are better than what one might line up today.....at the very least I know of every one of those names....Bates being the worst....but as I said before it was for a 2 year lay off.

You guys act as if Holyfield needs to be fighting the top 5 to get his shot.....hate to tell you....but it does not and has never worked that way in relation to older, established fighters....you may not like it..but a name gets you that added desire by promotors and the fighters themselves.

LOL...Rahman doesn't deserve a shot either.

Better?
D-MARV
The only fighters that deserves a shot are JC Gomez and Alexander Povetkin...
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 11 2008, 05:36 PM) [snapback]415787[/snapback]
LOL...Rahman doesn't deserve a shot either.

Better?

Agreed. BUT.....Rock is being used as a quick substitute and in that respect you could do worse.

And I certanly hope nobody thinks I am defending this current shot Evander is getting...because I am not. He has done nothing to warrent this shot. I'm just defending the shot at Sultan.
JD
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 11 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]415794[/snapback]
Agreed. BUT.....Rock is being used as a quick substitute and in that respect you could do worse.

And I certanly hope nobody thinks I am defending this current shot Evander is getting...because I am not. He has done nothing to warrent this shot. I'm just defending the shot at Sultan.

I am just playing around. The Heavyweight division is so fucked...I am not sure it matters.

But Holyfield should retire...he sucks now.
BigG
Losing to this hack Valuev will be the lowest point of Holyfield career. With that said, I'll be rooting hard for Evander.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 11 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]415803[/snapback]
Losing to this hack Valuev will be the lowest point of Holyfield career. With that said, I'll be rooting hard for Evander.

Oh me too. But Evander NEVER had any luck with taller guys...I cannot for the life of me see how that will change at this current age. I think he looses a boring UD...as usual. BUT...as long as he provides a small amount of opposition and maybe hits that big goon in the mouth a few times I'll check it out.

The bad thing about it is that let's say that the moon and stars all aliegn for Holy and he somehow manages to land on the guy.....because of the shifty promo team and location he would have to floor Valuev 3x and make him bleed out just to get a draw! lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.