Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yo hype any truth
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
to what g is saying bout arum talking to team judah bout a zab vs pacquiao fight?

I know G and zab are close so this may be some what ture ha but even as a zab fan this fight being made before hatton would surprise me a bit??

my only guess of this fight having a chance is because of arum and zab having a good relationshhip and zab's willingness to fight for peanuts and give top rank all the options but yeah just wanted to see if you could hook it up with some inside scoop
D-MARV
No Way Judah gets this fight with Pacquiao.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 9 2008, 04:10 PM) [snapback]415468[/snapback]

who else besides hatton would produce as much money @ 140? im not too confident this fight gets made, especially since the douche bag at Btalk is hyping it, but i wouldnt be too surprised to see this fight get made just as a way for manny to keep busy and make some good money. i would love for judah to land just one of those monster uppercuts on manny to see what happens.
Big Slim Sweet
I'm gonna go ahead and say, yeah, there's no fuckin way Zab fights Pacman next.
thehype
I guess it kind of depends on your definition of "preliminary discussions".

You have to really read between the lines to understand what you're being told.

Basically, what it's saying is Square Ring CEO John Wirt contacted Bob Arum (not the other way around) to ask him what he thought about letting Zab Judah get a crack at Manny Pacquiao, to which, Arum probably replied, "aaaaawww, anything is possible...let me get back to you on that."

So does that mean they've had "preliminary discussions"? Well...yeah...I guess so.

Does that mean that the fight is anywhere close to being a possibility? Ummmm...no...not in my opinion.

That being said, Manny is entitled to a tune-up (yeah...I just called Zab a tune-up), so it's always a possibility...of course, Timothy Bradley's a possibility as well...and so is Juan Urango, Herman Ngoudjo or heck, even Kendall Holt/D-Hop...basically, anyone that they want. Ultimately, I think Freddie Roach is going to make the final call as he was the one who trumpeted the charge to take on De La Hoya when Arum was wanting to go another route.

So...long story short, I guess there is some truth to it if HBO is willing to pay for it...which they just might be seeing as how their biggest attraction just got embarrassed and it's probably in their best interest to hold off on Pacquiao and Hatton facing each other (no need to have two of their best stars off each other).

Oh, and for the record, Floyd IS thinking about Pacquiao and boxing...otherwise, he wouldn't have taken the time to call his sister, his cousin and his dad about it. Despite what the "source" (*cough* Ellerbe *cough*) is saying about him "not even thinking about it," he really is. That's just an attempt to try and play it cool as so to make it look like they need him more than he needs them.
BigG
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 9 2008, 09:10 PM) [snapback]415468[/snapback]

I think Pac is going straight to Hatton. But Floyd Sr. did say he wanted Hatton to take one or two more fights before fighting Pacquiao and everyone at 140 is unknown, high-risk low reward (Tim Bradley, Holt). Judah would be a good fight for Pacquiao to stay active at least as Judah is still kind of a name and provided some entertainment against Clottey and Cotto. Judah's last fight on the Jones-Calzaghe was a stinker though, he was terrible. This fight would be the same as the Cotto fight. Judah might sting him early but will end up taking a beating in the end, lol.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 9 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]415469[/snapback]
who else besides hatton would produce as much money @ 140? im not too confident this fight gets made, especially since the douche bag at Btalk is hyping it, but i wouldnt be too surprised to see this fight get made just as a way for manny to keep busy and make some good money. i would love for judah to land just one of those monster uppercuts on manny to see what happens.

Pacquiao-Hatton is the only fight that matters.
Spyder
Especially since Hatton called himself "unbeatable" at 140.

That shit sounds like a challenge to EVERYONE!
Rabbit Punch2
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 9 2008, 01:33 PM) [snapback]415476[/snapback]
Pacquiao-Hatton is the only fight that matters.

Pacquiao-Mayweather is the only fight that matters.

Personally I would prefer Hatton first so Manny has the 140 belt as a bargaining chip to get PBF down to 140. Probably unlikely.
I think Floyd is excited about this for the same reason Oscar was. He thinks he is too strong for Manny. Careful what you wish for.
Jack 1000
I think Judah would be shot enough that he would be a "safe" opponent for Pacquiao. Than there are harder fights but still possibilities with someone like Tim Bradley, Urango, Ngoudjo, D. Hopkins.

My only disagreement on Hype's list is Holt. With that shocking and thrilling second Torres fight, Holt demonstrated things that a lot of people didn't know he had, power, and amazing recoup ability coming back from 2 KD's all to win in just over 60 seconds. I'm not sure about that being an easy guy for Manny. Now that Torres III is off, we have D Hopkins as Holt's replacement. Holt should win, but don't count Hopkins out. With Holt thinking so much of another war with Torres, I hope he has not underestimated D. Hopkins.

Manny is certainly entitled to an easy fight. Yea, Oscar was easy. Not to take anything away from an AWESOME Pac-Man performance, but keep in mind that so much was also what Oscar didn't or couldn't do. Oscar may have aged overnight. There is still a question of Manny being about to swallow hard punches at 147#. But let him enjoy his victory. He shouldn't have to worry about that yet.

I'm fine with him going down to 140 for Hatton as well. But Pacquiao should not be rushed.

Jack
thehype
Mark my words...Holt's a tune-up too!

I wouldn't be surprised if he looks horrible against D-Hop. In fact, if Torres didn't get so wreckless, he probably wouldn't have been caught by that headbutt and ultimately knocked out...he probably could have won that fight.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ Dec 9 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]415472[/snapback]
I guess it kind of depends on your definition of "preliminary discussions".

You have to really read between the lines to understand what you're being told.

Basically, what it's saying is Square Ring CEO John Wirt contacted Bob Arum (not the other way around) to ask him what he thought about letting Zab Judah get a crack at Manny Pacquiao, to which, Arum probably replied, "aaaaawww, anything is possible...let me get back to you on that."

So does that mean they've had "preliminary discussions"? Well...yeah...I guess so.

Does that mean that the fight is anywhere close to being a possibility? Ummmm...no...not in my opinion.

That being said, Manny is entitled to a tune-up (yeah...I just called Zab a tune-up), so it's always a possibility...of course, Timothy Bradley's a possibility as well...and so is Juan Urango, Herman Ngoudjo or heck, even Kendall Holt/D-Hop...basically, anyone that they want. Ultimately, I think Freddie Roach is going to make the final call as he was the one who trumpeted the charge to take on De La Hoya when Arum was wanting to go another route.

So...long story short, I guess there is some truth to it if HBO is willing to pay for it...which they just might be seeing as how their biggest attraction just got embarrassed and it's probably in their best interest to hold off on Pacquiao and Hatton facing each other (no need to have two of their best stars off each other).

Oh, and for the record, Floyd IS thinking about Pacquiao and boxing...otherwise, he wouldn't have taken the time to call his sister, his cousin and his dad about it. Despite what the "source" (*cough* Ellerbe *cough*) is saying about him "not even thinking about it," he really is. That's just an attempt to try and play it cool as so to make it look like they need him more than he needs them.

ah zab a tune up...... lol ur harsh hype

Im kinda with you on the fact that Hbo prob doesnt want to ruin one of the two stars left so wont be in a big hurry to make hatton pac. I think they learned when they lost cotto lol now as for the other guys u named holt, urango, bradley I dont see anyway arum goes that direction they would do nothing for pac no money, no respect nothing compared to zab who still has his name which will at least bring more money and like you said isnt as big of a threat that he would have been 3 yrs ago but yeah I guess well have to wait and see what happens.

as for floyd I get a feeling he's gonna wait for pac to build up another fight or two then return
King Eugene
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 9 2008, 02:37 PM) [snapback]415462[/snapback]
to what g is saying bout arum talking to team judah bout a zab vs pacquiao fight?

I know G and zab are close so this may be some what ture ha but even as a zab fan this fight being made before hatton would surprise me a bit??

my only guess of this fight having a chance is because of arum and zab having a good relationshhip and zab's willingness to fight for peanuts and give top rank all the options but yeah just wanted to see if you could hook it up with some inside scoop

I think they see it as a tune up before Hatton, another name on the resume, and just another stack to add to the account.

He's going to pad that record a little more before he takes another big chance. As far as Mayweather, I think he just wants his name buzzing in the industry again. He aint coming back unless he's making around $30 Mil
JonnyBlaze
Zab would get KO'd real quick/easy against Pac-man..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 9 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]415529[/snapback]
Zab would get KO'd real quick/easy against Pac-man..

I'm a have to disagree with you on this one. KT was the only one to get Zab out of there quick and he lost the first round and was losing the second til he got that shot in. Zab is going to give you a good 5-6 rounds before he starts fading.
hitman harding
Manny will avoid Hatton till the end of summer and take a easy fight, I have to agree with Papa Mayweather that Manny will get dismantled badly by Hatton. Oscar was physically drained and a shadow of himself. The Manny v oscar fight was a lot like Hatton v Castillo.
IMOA Mayweather ko's Manny in a one sided beat down
King Eugene
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Dec 10 2008, 12:21 AM) [snapback]415555[/snapback]
Manny will avoid Hatton till the end of summer and take a easy fight, I have to agree with Papa Mayweather that Manny will get dismantled badly by Hatton. Oscar was physically drained and a shadow of himself. The Manny v oscar fight was a lot like Hatton v Castillo.

I think he stops him with a body shot as well. I dont care what no one says, that was not the same fresh and hydrated Oscar(still not taking a thing away from Manny who whooped that ass) that fought Floyd. Thats just like you can say it wasn't the same Castillo who fought Hatton that fought Floyd.
moscow bear
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 10 2008, 05:59 AM) [snapback]415545[/snapback]
I'm a have to disagree with you on this one. KT was the only one to get Zab out of there quick and he lost the first round and was losing the second til he got that shot in. Zab is going to give you a good 5-6 rounds before he starts fading.

that is not true....KT was winning the 2nd round
King Eugene
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Dec 10 2008, 01:34 AM) [snapback]415572[/snapback]
that is not true....KT was winning the 2nd round

Yea um...thats your personal judgement. I'm going by the official scorecard which only scored round 1.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 10 2008, 02:43 AM) [snapback]415576[/snapback]
Yea um...thats your personal judgement. I'm going by the official scorecard which only scored round 1.

Man ya should know by now that offical score cards don't mean shit..Casamayor/Cruz said enough about the score cards..

I agree with you though..
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 9 2008, 10:59 PM) [snapback]415545[/snapback]

im with ya. I dont think zab would be a tune up He's not the same zab but damn I wouldnt go so far in calling him a tune plus what would he be tuning pac up for? zab is almost a completly different fighter than hatton. at the end of the day zab will give u a good 4-5 rounds and has enough power to drop pac which would make it interesting. Id go with pac man by UD because of his work rate but if zab could land that uppercut he caught cotto and rivera with man would that make the fight more interesting lol

as for this fight and the actually chances i wanna see what arum says when btalk puts his interview if he says actual negotiations are being tossed around then ill say theres a chance but if he says something along the line that square ring brought up zab and well look into then prob not gonna happen
Method
That's just an attempt to try and play it cool as so to make it look like they need him more than he needs them.

Thats basically how I took it.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 10 2008, 03:51 AM) [snapback]415580[/snapback]
im with ya. I dont think zab would be a tune up He's not the same zab but damn I wouldnt go so far in calling him a tune plus what would he be tuning pac up for? zab is almost a completly different fighter than hatton. at the end of the day zab will give u a good 4-5 rounds and has enough power to drop pac which would make it interesting. Id go with pac man by UD because of his work rate but if zab could land that uppercut he caught cotto and rivera with man would that make the fight more interesting lol

as for this fight and the actually chances i wanna see what arum says when btalk puts his interview if he says actual negotiations are being tossed around then ill say theres a chance but if he says something along the line that square ring brought up zab and well look into then prob not gonna happen

I agree that Zab would make this a better fight than Oscar did. I still think at this point Manny might stop him late but it wouldnt suprise me to see Zab take the first couple of rounds.

Manny vs. Hatton is the fight that should be made. Hatton has looked good and stayed busy. He deserves a shot before Mayweather.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(hitman harding @ Dec 9 2008, 11:21 PM) [snapback]415555[/snapback]

exactly...
caneman
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 10 2008, 01:43 AM) [snapback]415576[/snapback]

but you said zab was winning round 2 as well! if you believe that bro, you only like stylish & your judgment is clouded by that fact!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M1Y-sQidIU
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 10 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]415629[/snapback]
but you said zab was winning round 2 as well! if you believe that bro, you only like stylish & your judgment is clouded by that fact!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M1Y-sQidIU

Judah Dominated the First, Tszyu won the second and knocked him out.

I wonder how that fight would have turned out if Nady let Judah go on...
thehype
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 9 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]415504[/snapback]
ah zab a tune up...... lol ur harsh hype

Awwwww...I didn't know you were a Supa Judah fan.

laugh.gif

Yeah man...Zab's a tune-up fight for any elite fighter that wants to stay active and get in a few rounds. Did you see his last fight? He couldn't even blast that C or D-level cat out of there and by round 4, as usual, Zab was checking out of the fight mentally.

The secret's out on Zab...wait him out for 3-4 rounds, avoid that wild ass uppercut he throws and the fight's as easy as 1, 2, 3!

At this point, Zab is nothing more than a stepping stone for cats like Andre Berto. The guy's just not into fighting anymore. The only reason why he continues to fight is simply because his salary supports the entire Judah clan.

QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 9 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]415504[/snapback]
I think they learned when they lost cotto lol now as for the other guys u named holt, urango, bradley I dont see anyway arum goes that direction they would do nothing for pac no money, no respect nothing compared to zab who still has his name which will at least bring more money and like you said isnt as big of a threat that he would have been 3 yrs ago but yeah I guess well have to wait and see what happens.

"It depends on whether we're going to do a real big mega-fight or just a real good fight. If we do a real good fight, we'll look for guys like Kendall Holt, Timothy Bradley or Lamont Peterson; guys like that. If we're going to do a mega-fight, there are two names that come to mind. One is Ricky Hatton; the other is Floyd Mayweather Jr. so we're going to see."

- Bob Arum, December 9th, 2008
caneman
Ben, did you read this ish man? http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17369 I think he will say anything for attention these days! I can't wait til Hatton & Pacman fights!
thehype
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 10 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]415647[/snapback]
Ben, did you read this ish man? http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17369 I think he will say anything for attention these days! I can't wait til Hatton & Pacman fights!

Didn't have to read it to know he felt that way...that's kind of what he was getting at when he was doggin' on Nacho.

I do think there's some truth to what he speaks.

Whether or not De La Hoya could actually beat Pacquiao is questionable, but I do think Oscar would have given a much better account of himself had he never got rid of Big Floyd. Mayweather Sr. has been working with Oscar for a very, very long time and there are certain things that went on in this camp regarding Oscar's conditioning that Floyd Sr. would have NEVER allowed to go on had he been training Oscar. In fact, in the past, Big Floyd has bitched and complained quite a lot about Oscar's strength and conditioning coach and made it clear that if certain things didn't stop, he would walk...and Oscar would actually listen to Big Floyd and oblige.

So actually, I do think there's some truth to what he's saying...I think Oscar's best shot of beating him would have been to keep Floyd Sr...from the gameplan, to the weight loss...everything! Floyd Sr. has worked with Oscar the longest and knows him the best. He knows when to push his fighter and when to hold back. When you're preparing for a fight, although only one guy enters the ring, an entire team gets him ready to do battle. You can't just dump the people you've been working with for years, replace them and expect everything to work smoothly in just a matter of months. Take Hopkins for example...his experiment with bringing Freddie Roach in probably cost him the Joe Calzaghe fight...as soon as he gets rid of Roach and let's Richardson and Jackson take over, the same guys he's been accustomed to working with, he laid a beatdown on Pavlik. There's just certain things that go on behind the scenes that most people have no clue about when it comes to fighters and it's extremely important to have a solid and familiar team in place to support them. As soon as Oscar dumped Big Floyd and brought in his own "Dream Team", he pretty much made the first big mistake in regards to the fight...and he knew after the first round...you can tell by the look on his face.

So I respect Floyd Sr. for saying exactly how he feels regarding the situation. Would he have made a difference in Oscar's performance? Absolutley! Would he have made a difference in the outcome? Debateable, but personally, I don't think so.
caneman
Thanks for your reply Ben & I agree with your point of view! Hopefully we get see what he can do with Hatton vs Pacman! I do wanna see that & I do wanna see Pacman vs PBF! As far as fishnets goes, I wish he would just retire honestly!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ Dec 10 2008, 04:05 PM) [snapback]415646[/snapback]
Awwwww...I didn't know you were a Supa Judah fan.

laugh.gif

Yeah man...Zab's a tune-up fight for any elite fighter that wants to stay active and get in a few rounds. Did you see his last fight? He couldn't even blast that C or D-level cat out of there and by round 4, as usual, Zab was checking out of the fight mentally.

The secret's out on Zab...wait him out for 3-4 rounds, avoid that wild ass uppercut he throws and the fight's as easy as 1, 2, 3!

At this point, Zab is nothing more than a stepping stone for cats like Andre Berto. The guy's just not into fighting anymore. The only reason why he continues to fight is simply because his salary supports the entire Judah clan.
"It depends on whether we're going to do a real big mega-fight or just a real good fight. If we do a real good fight, we'll look for guys like Kendall Holt, Timothy Bradley or Lamont Peterson; guys like that. If we're going to do a mega-fight, there are two names that come to mind. One is Ricky Hatton; the other is Floyd Mayweather Jr. so we're going to see."

- Bob Arum, December 9th, 2008

peterson is with top rank right?

I was surprised to say the least when he mentioned holt if he puts him in next against pac that will be very dissapointing bradley would be a let down too but not as much as holt who still hasnt settled the score with torres. If holt looks great sat maybe ill change my opinion but as of now yes that fight would be a let down pac EASY UD or ko hopefully arum just goes for hatton cuz doubt that mayweather will help put money into arums pockets lol
iron_mike
FUCK ZAB JUDAH! Why the fuck does he deserve a shot at Pacquiao? When was the last time he beat a name fighter? That 'stunning' win on the Jones Calzaghe undercard? Who the fuck was he fighting? I didn't even know he was on the card til I saw his wormy looking ass walking into the ring. Funny before round 2 or 3 where he wouldn't sit in his stool and was ignoring his corner, then gets that nasty cut..no more tough guy posturing after that. Zab is nothing more than a Mayorga-a once decent name to add on your resume for up and coming fighters. THE MAN IS SHOT HE'S DONE
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 10 2008, 01:56 AM) [snapback]415579[/snapback]
Man ya should know by now that offical score cards don't mean shit..Casamayor/Cruz said enough about the score cards..

I agree with you though..

They determine the winner if it goes the distance so it means shit to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.