Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Betting on Mosley-Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
moscow bear
i checked the odds today, and the odds on the under (10 rounds) imply that the market believes that Margie will stop Mosley. Well, the probability that Shane stops Margie in under 10 is non-zero, but still i believe that the large chunk of that under is Margarito stopping Mosley.

It always amazes me how people believe that a fighter who was barely down in all his fights will be stopped. Is it the fact that Mosley is old?

Thoughts?
BigG
I think Shane will be so worn out by all the pressure Marg will put on him in the end, I think he'll have to fight in survival fight to make it to the final bell.

I don't think Mosley looked so good against Mayorga....looked like a faded fighter to me. He is going to get beatdown by Margarito.

One thing about Shane despite all his speed and natural talent is he has never been a slick boxer defensively.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Dec 9 2008, 05:05 PM) [snapback]415483[/snapback]
It always amazes me how people believe that a fighter who was barely down in all his fights will be stopped. Is it the fact that Mosley is old?

Thoughts?

You need no further reference to refute your argument than Margarito's fight against Cotto. Cotto hadn't been stopped and Margarito was the first to do it by dishing out cumulative damage. I picked Margarito to be the first to stop Cotto, and I pick Margarito to be the first to stop Mosley as well.

At this stage of the game I don't see Mosley being able to avoid any more bombs than Cotto was able to. Mosley's legs aren't as fresh as Cotto's and I don't see Mosley putting on a great boxing exhibition in the early rounds the way Cotto was able to either. I see Margarito walking Mosley down. Mosley's power is on par with Cotto's and Cotto couldn't do shit to Margarito in terms of slowing him down. I don't think Mosley will throw/land nearly as much as Cotto either. Shit a nearer prime Mosley had a hell of a time with Wright who walked him down, and he's not nearly as relentless as Margarito will be. Remember Mosley has a tough time with longer/taller guys... Wright, Forrest, etc. This fight 5 years ago IMO would have been a pickem, but I see no way Mosley goes the distance in this one.

D-MARV
Nazim Richardson will be the difference... Sugar Shane SD!!!!!
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 9 2008, 07:06 PM) [snapback]415503[/snapback]
You need no further reference to refute your argument than Margarito's fight against Cotto. Cotto hadn't been stopped and Margarito was the first to do it by dishing out cumulative damage. I picked Margarito to be the first to stop Cotto, and I pick Margarito to be the first to stop Mosley as well.

Yeah but the difference is that Cotto was seriously hurt several times in his career where as Shane has only had one fight during the ourse of his career where he was seriously hurt and that was the first fight with the Viper.

Tony is a legit threat to wear him down to the body and stop him for sure, but Shane has shown and ability to take a good body shot.

Also, I think Mosley will be throwing back big body shots like he usually does, something that inexplicably Cotto stopped doing.
salvador
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 9 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]415524[/snapback]
Also, I think Mosley will be throwing back big body shots like he usually does, something that inexplicably Cotto stopped doing.

Cotto stopped throwing body shots against Marg because Cotto was able to land his biggest bombs exactly on the tip of Marg's chin - almost at will. And after about the 7th round, Cotto started getting desperate for the ko.
JD
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 9 2008, 10:55 PM) [snapback]415524[/snapback]
Yeah but the difference is that Cotto was seriously hurt several times in his career where as Shane has only had one fight during the ourse of his career where he was seriously hurt and that was the first fight with the Viper.

Tony is a legit threat to wear him down to the body and stop him for sure, but Shane has shown and ability to take a good body shot.

Mosley will probably sit down and try to go to the body, which will end up leaving him open for the uppercut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.