Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather to return....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Imperius3
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17374

Floyd Mayweather plans to return to fight Pacquiao. Of course we can't assume anything until we hear it from Floyd's own mouth.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Dec 9 2008, 05:07 PM) [snapback]415485[/snapback]
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17374

Floyd Mayweather plans to return to fight Pacquiao. Of course we can't assume anything until we hear it from Floyd's own mouth.

An then we know its horseshit. haha

If he does want to come back he had better be realistic and not ask for Oscar type $$$$$$$$
JonnyBlaze
You know it's all about the money and to show everyone he is still #1 P4P..More for the money though..I hate it when it's only about the money for fighters,especially when they already have a shit load.."Money" is the gayest nickname for any fighter..I like "pretty boy" more than that which is saying a lot..
Imperius3
Kinda weird he would team up with Sr. again. Makes me wonder how legit this claim is.
mrwigi
i'll believe it when i see it...
buford54
He'll make a show of coming back and making an offer, but talks will fall apart. He'll demand Oscar money then blame Top Rank for negotiations falling apart.
lloyd mayflower
The way i see it, the "petty boy" is clearly jumping on the bandwagon, only in this case the little prick is not required, there are plenty of good fights out there for pacman who has shown that potentially, he could fight anyone out of 3 divisions. given that LW and WW are two of the more exciting divisions just now, id say the little money grabbing knobgobbler can stay retired. altho im not sure how much manny proved at WW against that particular version of oscar.
mrwigi
people can say what they want, but mayweather is going to be pacquiao next big money fights. he's not goin to make nearly the amount of money fighting anyone else than he will fighting floyd unless he fights oscar again. thats just the bottom line..yea, he's going to demand oscar money, and when pacquiao refuses, he will see that money go away. sure he can make alot of money fighting a ricky hatton, fighting a miguel cotto... but it still wont be the same money or competition that he would get fighting floyd.
lloyd mayflower
cant agree with that. i think the money involved in the hatton fight would be obscene mainly due to potential tickets sales. i dont think floyd deserves a piece of this cash cow anyway. who would want to fight floyd at MSG or vegas when for potentially the same money, or at least the same ball park you could step out in front of 100,000 at wembley
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(lloyd mayflower @ Dec 11 2008, 03:07 PM) [snapback]415782[/snapback]
cant agree with that. i think the money involved in the hatton fight would be obscene mainly due to potential tickets sales. i dont think floyd deserves a piece of this cash cow anyway. who would want to fight floyd at MSG or vegas when for potentially the same money, or at least the same ball park you could step out in front of 100,000 at wembley

i totally agree with you mayflower... hatton is a cash machine in uk and who ever he fights there is gonna make serious money... the bigger the name the more money it will make... for what he went through hoya should have fought him in wimbley stadium... they would have sold the place out... and i say as a fan of mays i agree with you that mayweather retiring like he did he doesnt deserve to cash in on what these guys have been doing... But I think their greatness depends on being able to get past floyd IF indeed he comes back which in the end we might find to be all talk... i'll believe it when i see it... i am still a believer that if he turned down $20 million to fight a guy he already beat when he wasnt at his best form to me that means he's not in the game anymore... we'll see... lets say he does come back i think he's gonna try to be like sugar ray was in the mid to late 80's and 90's.. fight maybe once every couple of years and try to make events out of it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.