Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No love for Cunningham v Adamek?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Michigan Assassin
I can't believe this fight is getting more love. Adamek is always in exciting fights and Cunningham's style should lend itself to another good action fight.

Plus its on a Thursday night what else to people have to watch, "My Name is Earl?"

This is going to be a good scrap but I'm going with Cunningham by UD. Plus I have only seen one fight of Adamek at cruiserweight so I'mnot sure how he looks at that weigh.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 10 2008, 03:09 PM) [snapback]415631[/snapback]
I can't believe this fight is getting more love. Adamek is always in exciting fights and Cunningham's style should lend itself to another good action fight.

Plus its on a Thursday night what else to people have to watch, "My Name is Earl?"

This is going to be a good scrap but I'm going with Cunningham by UD. Plus I have only seen one fight of Adamek at cruiserweight so I'mnot sure how he looks at that weigh.

I agree... This will be a really good fight.

Cunningham by UD with some scary moments towards the end. I expect Adamek to come on strong in the championship rounds, but just too little too late!
Lil-lightsout
Thanks for the reminder, totally forgot it was tomorrow. Should be a great fight. This weekend is packed with fights too. Friday on Telefutura is Antillon vs. Cruz. Saturday is three telecasts starting with HBO(Klit vs. Rahman), then Versus(Toney vs. Oquendo), and then Showtime(Holt vs. Hopkins).
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 10 2008, 03:09 PM) [snapback]415631[/snapback]

HAhaha. I just wished Versus would put on more fights. Anyway I am looking foward to this fight, Adamek can be outboxed but he is a dangerous guy even at cruiser. Cunningham's power is not all that great but he is slick, mobile and has good defense. I think he takes a UD but he might get hurt in this one at some point in the fight.
Jack 1000
Good stuff for Verses,

I got Cunningham by a close UD. Hard to call though.

Jack
BigG
Cunningham is a tall rangy fighter with a nice jab and good boxing skills. I'm leaning towards him to win a decision. But Adamek is a tough guy and he can punch.

But this wont be one-sided like the Dawson fight. Dawson is much faster than Cunningham and they are about as tall as each other.
salvador
Adamek's fights with Briggs were outstanding and I've never understood why he and Briggs haven't been featured more on the networks, at least on ESPN.

But I just checked on Boxrec and Briggs hasn't fought in almost 2 years. Is he retired?

I'm definitely looking forward to this fight. What a great week for boxing!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 10 2008, 04:09 PM) [snapback]415631[/snapback]

I got maddd love for this fight..I like both these guys..I've seen Adamek fight live twice..
D-MARV
Adamek is a helluva fighter... I favor Cunningham but I can see Adamek stopping him late!
JonnyBlaze
This is a tough fight to predict..Cunningham has been a cruiserweight for awhile and Adamek is moving up..I'll never forget watching both the Adamek/Briggs fights live..Both were great fights..
JLUVBABY
my prediction is adamek wins a 12 round split decision after knocking down cunningham 3 times early... i had a dream about this one last night...lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.