Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adameck vs. Cunningham:RBR/Postfight (No Duplicate or New Spoiler Threads)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all commentary and postfight reactions to the Adamek-Cunningham Thread. This fight is for the IBF World Cruiserweight Title. The scheduled preliminary is the Agbeko-Gonzalez for the IBF Bantamweight Title.

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
I have enjoyed the cruiserweight division for some time now. These guys are like skilled heavyweights.
Mean Mister Mustard
Psychos are throwing down, lot of loop on their punches but they display good technique. Very good fight so far.
BigG
The champ Agbeko (?) has done enough to keep his IBF belt.
BigG
This is gonna be a good one!
Nay_Sayer
Round 1 to Cunningham.
BigG
Good round. Both cautious. I give it to Cunningham 10-9. Cunningham boxing pretty good.
BigG
Cunninghan down at the commercial?! That was a great round!

I guess that's a 10-8 for Adamek
Nay_Sayer
Cunningham down @ the end of round 2, challenger trying to rally

Round 2 to Adamek

Adamek 19-18
Mean Mister Mustard
Good start to the fight. Is Adamek stronger at cruiserweight?
Mean Mister Mustard
Man round 3 was close.
BigG
This was a real close round....I'll score it even...29-28 Adamek.
Nay_Sayer
Round 3 is close but I give it to Adamek based on agression. Cunnningham in retreat mode.

Adamek 29-27
BigG
Adameks HURT!!
BigG
Wow Cunningham is down!
Mean Mister Mustard
Holy mother...

Round of the year candidate.

How many FOY contenders are we going to have this year? lol
D-MARV
Round of the Year!!!!!!!!!
BigG
What a fight!

Cunningham beat the shit out of Adamek that round then Adamek knocks him down. I think Cunningham is gassed!
Nay_Sayer
Cunningham beating Adamek from pillar to post for the first 2:00, then gets dropped in the last :30. Even round, IMO.

9-9

Adamek 38-37
D-MARV
This card is KILLING last week's card
BigG
So

Round 1: 10-9 Cunningham
Round 2: 10-8 Adamek
Round 3: 10-10 Even
Round 4: 10-9 Adamek (One-sided until Adamek knockdown)
Round 5: 10-9 Cunningham
Mean Mister Mustard
Adamke has shades of being a GATTIeseque fighter, the way he just stands there and takes flush shots waiting to come back with his own. That isnot really a good thing.

Cunningham's game is to box and here he is not being very successful. That also isn't good.
Michigan Assassin
This fight is living up to and surpassing all my hopes for it.

Cunningham isn't fighting a very smart fight but it makes for a more exciting fight.
Nay_Sayer
Round 6 to Cunningham on jabs and a few clean right hands.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 11 2008, 09:35 PM) [snapback]415844[/snapback]
This card is KILLING last week's card

Haha, tellme about it and the undercard here was better too.
BigG
I think Cunningham took round 6 but it seemed close. 10-9 Cunninghan.
D-MARV
With the exception of ONE punch Chad Dawson dominated Adamek... kind puts his performance in perspective
Michigan Assassin
This fight may very well end up swinging on that 4th round. Cunningham clearly dominated it but many judges will give Adamek a 10-8 based solely on the knockdown.
Nay_Sayer
Round 7 to Cunningham on the clean right hands.

Note: Adamek must have an anvil for a chin or Cunningham just can't punch for shit...
BigG
I had Cunningham winning round 7 10-9.
BigG
I had Cunningham winning round 7 10-9.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 11 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]415851[/snapback]
With the exception of ONE punch Chad Dawson dominated Adamek... kind puts his performance in perspective

Yeah unless Adamek was weight drained. I don't know but weight drained or not he took a beating and never stopped coming. That should tell you Cunningham is going to have to do better if he wants to stop Mr.Granite chin.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 11 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]415853[/snapback]
Round 7 to Cunningham on the clean right hands.

Note: Adamek must have an anvil for a chin or Cunningham just can't punch for shit...

I'm pretty sure its both.
Michigan Assassin
He's gonnan have a hard time surviving this one. Even if he finishes the round.
BigG
Cunningham down again! Hes hurt!

Wow!

10-8 Adamek in round 8.
Michigan Assassin
Christ this is a fucking great fight. Always enjoyed the action non-stop style of Adamek and he has definately brought his chin up to cruiser with him.
Mean Mister Mustard
Adamke has the best equalizer a man could have, heavy hands. Cunnigham is going to fight a perfect fight until the end.
Nay_Sayer
Cunningham down in round 8 on a counter left hook.

Cunningham showing the heart of a lion and the chin of a lamb.

Adamek round by 2 points.
BigG
Adamek took that round with the big shot at the end. This is a fight. 10-9 Adamek for round 9.
D-MARV
The commentators are riding Adamek's nuts... There giving Cunningham no Credit!!!!
Nay_Sayer
Round 9 to Cunningham on clean right hands and a few counter left hooks. Cunningham's jab looks like it has left the building....
Michigan Assassin
Cunningham had a better 9th round, but even then Adamek caught him at the end and shook him up a little.

I haven't been scoring this fight but Adamek is up by at least 2 points.
Mean Mister Mustard
Cunningham is briniging heart to the 9th round. Saying fuck sticking and moving and decided to move foward.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 11 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]415865[/snapback]
The commentators are riding Adamek's nuts... There giving Cunningham no Credit!!!!

I absolutely agree. I think Cunningham got a lot done last round but that shot at the end by Adamek was all they saw.
BigG
Damn ..Adameks got a fucking chin. He just got blasted by a right. Cunningham doing better this round....Cunningham wins round 10 10-9.
Nay_Sayer
Round 10 to Cunningham on clean right hands.
Michigan Assassin
I think round ten was big for Steve.

I wonder what he must be thinking hit this fucking guy with everything but the kitchen sink.

Like I say I wasn't scoring at the beginning but Steve is closing the gap. Might be down a point or two.
D-MARV
des[ite 3 KD's Cunningham can still win if he taes the last 2 rounds. We have to see
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 11 2008, 09:54 PM) [snapback]415869[/snapback]
I absolutely agree. I think Cunningham got a lot done last round but that shot at the end by Adamek was all they saw.

I second that, they are focusing more on the fact that Adamek can hurt Cunningham. I still have Adamek up but still...
Michigan Assassin
Really close 11th round. I gues I'd lean towards Adamek.

This 12th round is gonna be sick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.