Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Vs. Pacman Heating Up?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
Mayweather has flaws, Pac. Wants Him Next

As the days go by it seems this fight is heating up more and more... Some may not like it and I really feel bad for Hatton but this fight might happen. My guess is it may come down to money and I don't want to get too excited about it yet but the fight is starting to look like it might be materializing slowly... What are you guys thought on this fight... Personally i would like to see it more than a Hatton vs. Pac. fight but if anyone said Hatton deserves the fight before mayweather due to his inactivity I would understand that as well...
Mean Mister Mustard
If the promoteres and TV executives feel there is more money in Pacquiao-Mayweather than Pacquiao-Hatton they may bypass the Hatton fight and head straight for the former. However, they might feel confident that Pacquiao beats Hatton and then takes on Mayweather thus making more money. It is also possible that if Hatton beats Pacquiao, enough interest could be generated for a Mayweather rematch (pointless in my opinion) and still make their dough.

Personally, a Pacquiao-Mayweather fights seems more logical but if that can't happen right away, there is always Margarito for Mayweather.
JD
But Floyd said he would NEVER work with Top Rank. dntknw.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 13 2008, 09:04 PM) [snapback]416332[/snapback]
But Floyd said he would NEVER work with Top Rank. dntknw.gif

lol... you know "Money Talks".
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 13 2008, 09:12 PM) [snapback]416334[/snapback]
lol... you know "Money Talks".

LOL...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...right, right. Money talks.

Interesting.
buford54
Talks will fall apart when Mayweather demands 30 million dollars. He'll blame Top Rank.
Lil-lightsout
They should do an HBO double header in say March with Pac vs. a gimme, and the same with Floyd on the same card. After they both win, have them fight in the summer. If I was Floyd, I would not take on Pac right away. I can not remember how long ago the Hatton fight was with Mayweather. Get his Dad back in his corner for entertainment too.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 13 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]416355[/snapback]
They should do an HBO double header in say March with Pac vs. a gimme, and the same with Floyd on the same card. After they both win, have them fight in the summer. If I was Floyd, I would not take on Pac right away. I can not remember how long ago the Hatton fight was with Mayweather. Get his Dad back in his corner for entertainment too.

As goood of a card that woudl be, it would never happen unfortunately.Floyd doesn't fight to fight, he fights to earn money and i'm pretty sure a gimme fight where he would earn less than a percentage of what he earned vs DLH and Hatton would not bode well with "Money" Mayweather.
D-MARV
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 13 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]416378[/snapback]
As goood of a card that woudl be, it would never happen unfortunately.Floyd doesn't fight to fight, he fights to earn money and i'm pretty sure a gimme fight where he would earn less than a percentage of what he earned vs DLH and Hatton would not bode well with "Money" Mayweather.

I agree... Mayweather is only interested in Big Money fights. We will probably see Hatton-PAcquiao with Mayweather fighting the winner.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 13 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]416331[/snapback]
Personally, a Pacquiao-Mayweather fights seems more logical but if that can't happen right away, there is always Margarito for Mayweather.

Definitely!!!The former P4P king vs. the new legitimate P4P king=MEGA MEGA fight..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 13 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]416378[/snapback]

Very good point, and you are probably right. Though I think it would be in his best interest to get in a "tune-up", before getting in there with the Pac right away. Maybe shake off some ring rust and get his timing back. Then again I am not one of his "YES" men.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.