Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Samuel Peter Vs Chris Arreola
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
Former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter told Boxing Scene's Ryan Somgalia that he is set to return to the ring in early 2009 and wants a showdown with heavyweight sensation Chris "The Nightmare" Arreola.

Boxing scene.com reported that the former world champion said "I think it'd be a good fight for Showtime or HBO. His defense isn't that good but other than that, what is most important is that he won. That's when you prove you are the best," in regards to Arreola.

The only two blemishes on the Nigerian's record come from each of the Klitschko brothers.

Provided Chris properly trains for ths fight, give me Arreola TKO4
JD
The amount of skill on display in this one would be awe inspiring.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 13 2008, 10:06 PM) [snapback]416353[/snapback]
The amount of skill on display in this one would be awe inspiring.

laugh.gif Atleast we would see two professional fighters in great physical shape. laugh.gif Oh, give me Peter by early KO over the hype job.
BigG
I'm leaning towards Peter...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 13 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]416351[/snapback]
Provided Chris properly trains for ths fight, give me Arreola TKO4

You can keep wishing for Arreola to come into a fight in shape but you'll see he never will..Peter can take a punch and Arreola's power is WAY overrated..Peter actually has real power..

Peter by 8 or 9 round KO..

Also,Arreola sucks at commentating..
JonnyBlaze
Peter has way more skill
mexi-cutioner
I'm sick of watching fat, out of shape heavyweights who are considered top contenders on national television. I've been gaining some weight and lettting myself go these days, I think it's time I start gorging on Mcdonalds and ice cream and maybe one day I can be considered a top heavyweight contender as well laugh.gif .
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 14 2008, 12:26 AM) [snapback]416379[/snapback]
I'm sick of watching fat, out of shape heavyweights who are considered top contenders on national television. I've been gaining some weight and lettting myself go these days, I think it's time I start gorging on Mcdonalds and ice cream and maybe one day I can be considered a top heavyweight contender as well laugh.gif .

AMEN!!!!hahahahaha..

Toney and Arreola are the biggest jokes of the heavyweight division right now..I hate saying that about Toney too..Toney has really lost his edge too..He doesn't talk shit anymore like he used to and his reflexes are gone..Fres landed almost 250 punches on Toney tonight..Only if Toney was able to get to 210-220..His fat really limits his body movement since he has his fat rolls stoping him from getting maximum bend at his waist..hahaha..
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 13 2008, 11:33 PM) [snapback]416384[/snapback]
AMEN!!!!hahahahaha..

Toney and Arreola are the biggest jokes of the heavyweight division right now..I hate saying that about Toney too..Toney has really lost his edge too..He doesn't talk shit anymore like he used to and his reflexes are gone..Fres landed almost 250 punches on Toney tonight..Only if Toney was able to get to 210-220..His fat really limits his body movement since he has his fat rolls stoping him from getting maximum bend at his waist..hahaha..

LOL... Your man just lost to one of those jokes and the other Joke would put him into a coma.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 14 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]416389[/snapback]
LOL... Your man just lost to one of those jokes and the other Joke would put him into a coma.

I'm Fres' friend,yeah..Yet,I won't say he'll win a fight over anyone..He lost on the score cards tonight but he won the fight..I think you'd have to say so yourself..Arreola's power is overrated so there would be no coma for Fres against Arreola..Actually,Arreola would get tired against Fres cause of Fres' defense,than Fres would win a decision..Fres is awkward,which is why he is hard to hit..Arreola would be a better fight for Fres over Toney though..I do think Fres should get a little more aggressive though..Do you seriously think your guy(Arreola) would be able to go the distance of 12 rounds??HELLL NAWWW!!That's why Peter will beat him cause Arreola is good in the beginning but you can notice a major difference as the rounds go on..

Klitchko would put Arreola in a coma though..He'd also KO Fres..
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 13 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]416393[/snapback]
I'm Fres' friend,yeah..Yet,I won't say he'll win a fight over anyone..He lost on the score cards tonight but he won the fight..I think you'd have to say so yourself..Arreola's power is overrated so there would be no coma for Fres against Arreola..Actually,Arreola would get tired against Fres cause of Fres' defense,than Fres would win a decision..Fres is awkward,which is why he is hard to hit..Arreola would be a better fight for Fres over Toney though..I do think Fres should get a little more aggressive though..Do you seriously think your guy(Arreola) would be able to go the distance of 12 rounds??HELLL NAWWW!!That's why Peter will beat him cause Arreola is good in the beginning but you can notice a major difference as the rounds go on..

Klitchko would put Arreola in a coma though..He'd also KO Fres..

You don't have to tell me that Klit would KO Chris because I agree! Wlad is legit. Fres is good too but he pisses me off with his lack of agression. I think he could have stopped Toney if he pressured more.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 14 2008, 12:58 AM) [snapback]416395[/snapback]
You don't have to tell me that Klit would KO Chris because I agree! Wlad is legit. Fres is good too but he pisses me off with his lack of agression. I think he could have stopped Toney if he pressured more.

Yeah,for sure..I was surprised he actually hurt Toney..Toney was hurt for sure..It's too bad Fres didn't go for it then..Fres' power comes from his speed..

I predicted the Toney/Fres fight to be true too..Fres outworked him and was in way better shape which I think ultimately won him the fight..Yeah,Toney won on the cards but as ya all know from past experiences,I'll still say the other guy won if he really won(ex. Holy beating Lennox in the second fight and Lennox beating Holy in the first fight..) I think Toney was given the decision because of his name..This has happened to lots of other guys too based on fighting a guy with a big name or fighting a guy with a 0 or even a dude with a belt..Bullshit!!!

In todays world,there is no way in hell a Rocky could beat a Apollo Creed on the cards..I know ya might say he wouldn't be able to win on points anyway,but ya get the point..
JLUVBABY
I dont think arreola is ready for the peter fight judging from what i saw in the walker fight... i am a fan of his and i think he is capable of beating peter and maybe even wlad. but he has got to get himself in real shape... he looks like a tub of goo in the midsection and that will hurt him if the fight gets into the later rounds.. as big as peter looks he is solid.. his body is in shape... arreola needs a nutritionist for one... before today watching wlad. i kinda gave arreola a chance but i just dont think he's ready right now... i dont think he's ready for haye even right now and i hate to say that... he needs to get serious and trim his fat and fight a couple more fights i think before his team destroys what could be a descent career for him... on the other hand to say haye weighed in around the 218 range was it just me or did he look a lot bigger?... besides the klits. fighting each other the only other fight right now is haye vs. one of them and its looking like its gonna be wlad... after that i dont know what to say.. there is really noone left for them to fight maybe valuev then there is def. nuthin... before i go does anyone know or can anyone tell me sumthin bout this drummond guy that is fighting chagaev?.. i have never heard of the guy.
JD
Arreola should fight Zahir Rahim next.
moscow bear
i think they will knock each other out
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Dec 14 2008, 01:41 AM) [snapback]416424[/snapback]
i think they will knock each other out

The amount of cholesterol and saturated fat clogging their inner arteries will knock them out well before they are capable of landing punches big enough to knock each other out
mexi-cutioner
hehehehe nothing against Arreola or Peters in general, i'm just saddened and pissed off cause of the current state of the heavyweight boxing sad.gif
streetlion1
Peter beats Arreola by K.O.
JonnyBlaze
How are you guys busting one Peter for what kinda shape he gets in??Peters comes into a fight solid..The reason why you may think he looks outta shape(if you think he does) is because he is too short for his weight..Peter pulls off his weight/height better than anyone else really could I think..
mexi-cutioner
lol i didn't mean to be attacking the weight of the boxers when i talked about them being out of shape (however, i think most of u can agree the heavyweights of today look alittle less on the lean side than the past top heavyweights). It's all jokes, but what why i do decide to joke about heavyweights is because I really do misss the past heavyweights and the current state of heavyweight boxing doens't excite me. thats how i feel IMHO, others may beg to differ
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 15 2008, 02:56 AM) [snapback]416529[/snapback]
lol i didn't mean to be attacking the weight of the boxers when i talked about them being out of shape (however, i think most of u can agree the heavyweights of today look alittle less on the lean side than the past top heavyweights). It's all jokes, but what why i do decide to joke about heavyweights is because I really do misss the past heavyweights and the current state of heavyweight boxing doens't excite me. thats how i feel IMHO, others may beg to differ

it could be a lot worse.. do you remember the heavyweights of the mid 80's?...
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 14 2008, 12:05 AM) [snapback]416397[/snapback]
In todays world,there is no way in hell a Rocky could beat a Apollo Creed on the cards..I know ya might say he wouldn't be able to win on points anyway,but ya get the point..

Rocky didn't beat Apollo Creed by decision, he lost decision and Apollo got so much shit for letting that pug take him the distance that he rematched him.

And, Rocky knocked him out with that double knockdown and he beat the count. Apollo, sadly, could not.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Dec 15 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]416549[/snapback]
it could be a lot worse.. do you remember the heavyweights of the mid 80's?...

I actually think that crop of HWs are MILES ahead of this current HW landscape.

At least most of those guys were in shape and actually tried....and they fought each other too!

Tim Witherspoon
Pinklon Thomas
James Smith
Larry Holms
Greg Page
Trevor Berbick
Micheal Dokes
James Tillis
Mitch Green
Ossie Ocazio

I'll take these guys any day over the current top ten!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 15 2008, 01:34 PM) [snapback]416582[/snapback]
I actually think that crop of HWs are MILES ahead of this current HW landscape.

At least most of those guys were in shape and actually tried....and they fought each other too!

Tim Witherspoon
Pinklon Thomas
James Smith
Larry Holms
Greg Page
Trevor Berbick
Micheal Dokes
James Tillis
Mitch Green
Ossie Ocazio

I'll take these guys any day over the current top ten!

i guess... if you remember during the mid 80's most of those guys showed up fat and sloppy.. which reminds me you forgot one guy... tony tubs... larry holmes and michael dokes aside the rest of those guys (not including grren and ocasio of all people...lol) where b level fighters passing the heavyweight crown around...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 15 2008, 03:19 PM) [snapback]416577[/snapback]
Rocky didn't beat Apollo Creed by decision, he lost decision and Apollo got so much shit for letting that pug take him the distance that he rematched him.

And, Rocky knocked him out with that double knockdown and he beat the count. Apollo, sadly, could not.

Ok,I'm sure everyone on here knew that..

What I was saying is that if Rocky had actually won a decision in the publics eye,he most likely wouldn't have gotten it since Apollo was the champ..Rocky was also a no name guy which also put more against him on the cards..
BigG
If you ask me Rocky was just an overrated hack who got Apollo at the right tme...PAST HIS PRIME and way too OVERCONFIDENT. Apollo didn't train to go 15 rounds..
King Eugene
People please dont forget we are talking about a movie. laugh.gif
mexi-cutioner
I think Rocky's decision losss to "mason dixon" aka Antonio Tarver in December 06 is probably one of the bigger surprises in boxing that come to mind(miles ahead of Foreman's KO of Moorer and Pacquiao's demolition of DLH). For one, they considered Rocky one of the all time great heavyweight champs, he was a people's champ albeit but by no means was he one of the ATG heavyweight champs, he was definitely overrated and a heavyweight version of Arturo Gatti. Rocky also happened to fight fighters at the right time and had luck on his side throuhgout his career. The Tarver loss was a clear example of luck being on his side. A fighter into his 60s who is getting pummelled to the ground clearly would not have lasted 2 rounds in the ring with an elite Tarver in what appears to be his prime. If Tarver did not break his hand and was forced to fight one handed (and probably even coasted a little bit with the broken hand) Rocky woudl have lost like hewas supposed to. I won't deny that he is a slugger and i admire the guts and determination he brings into the ring.

I dont know about you guys, but i think this fight may have been fixed, and 'acted' out for publicity laugh.gif shiftyeyes_anim.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 15 2008, 11:15 PM) [snapback]416708[/snapback]
People please dont forget we are talking about a movie. laugh.gif

HAHAHA..No shit..I simply made a connection between the 2 and it becomes serious..hahaha..I was just saying how a name,a title,or an 0 will make judges sway towards you..
slap
The topic is sam peter vs chris arreola and everybody talkin about rocky you people r something else well I will stay on topic and say that I don't think arreola is ready 4 any of the top names at heavyweight he is just 2 sloppy of a fighter 2 me
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(slap @ Dec 16 2008, 03:03 AM) [snapback]416801[/snapback]
The topic is sam peter vs chris arreola and everybody talkin about rocky you people r something else well I will stay on topic and say that I don't think arreola is ready 4 any of the top names at heavyweight he is just 2 sloppy of a fighter 2 me

If you ask me, I say Rocky beats Arreola and Peter, but I have no doubt they would give Rocky a good run for his money laugh.gif
D-MARV
Sadly, Rocky would unify the division if he were to come out of retirement
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:42 AM) [snapback]416820[/snapback]
Sadly, Rocky would unify the division if he were to come out of retirement

Not if he were to fight the Klitchkos..
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 16 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]416905[/snapback]

Did you not see Rocky IV?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]416913[/snapback]
Did you not see Rocky IV?

HAHAHAHA..I knew you were going to say that..Drag's style is way different than the Klitchkos..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 16 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]416905[/snapback]

You see Rocky 4? Nuff said! laugh.gif
BigG
See Rocky 4? I did, Rocky was beating on an overrated Hypejob who's best win was over a completely, shot, undertrained Apollo Creed. Rocky is so fucking overrated
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 16 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]416927[/snapback]
See Rocky 4? I did, Rocky was beating on an overrated Hypejob who's best win was over a completely, shot, undertrained Apollo Creed. Rocky is so fucking overrated

Rocky did knock out Clubber Lang... That was a good scrap, I wonder why they never had a rubber match.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]416927[/snapback]

Drag only had power..The Klitchkos are smart fighters and wouldn't go to war with Rocky..They'd box him like Apollo did but with longer arms..Rocky was at his best against Mr. T..
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 16 2008, 09:46 PM) [snapback]416931[/snapback]
Rocky did knock out Clubber Lang... That was a good scrap, I wonder why they never had a rubber match.

Cause he ruined Clubber Lang. After that he ended his career fighting bums and was knocked out once more. The Rocky fight was his last significant fight. LMAO
BigG
Clubber Lang was Rocky's best win!
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 16 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]416937[/snapback]
Clubber Lang was Rocky's best win!

Disagree... Lang was overrated, he caught Rocky at a good time! Rocky's best win was his second fight with Creed... Apollo was in Top Shape and he was in his prime.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:23 PM) [snapback]416955[/snapback]
Disagree... Lang was overrated, he caught Rocky at a good time! Rocky's best win was his second fight with Creed... Apollo was in Top Shape and he was in his prime.

His best win was in Rocky 5. The street fight was the shit. As far as in the ring it was his KO over the so called overhyped Russian. Any normal fight, that shit would have been stopped in the first round. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 16 2008, 11:23 PM) [snapback]416955[/snapback]

Rocky had more skill against Lang than any other guy he fought..The second Creed fight was more dramatic I think but the Lang fight showed he could fight with skill too..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 17 2008, 01:17 AM) [snapback]417006[/snapback]
Rocky had more skill against Lang than any other guy he fought..The second Creed fight was more dramatic I think but the Lang fight showed he could fight with skill too..

He went to a real nitty gritty boxing gym and got back to the basics. Thats why he was better in the rematch.

Quick question...does anybody remember when I said the DLH vs. Manny fight seemed like the first Rocky vs. Lang fight just cause of how the build up was? Damn I was right. LOL
The Original MrFactor
I think the Klits took some of the fight out of Peter. Arreola will more than likely KO him. I hope they bill this fight as the battle of Rock 'Em Sock "wem Robots, because that is how I envision this fight. No skill, just 2 ploddrs trying to take eachother's heads off with one punch. This could look alot like Sumo wrestling with boxing gloves...
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 17 2008, 01:18 AM) [snapback]417034[/snapback]
I think the Klits took some of the fight out of Peter. Arreola will more than likely KO him. I hope they bill this fight as the battle of Rock 'Em Sock "wem Robots, because that is how I envision this fight. No skill, just 2 ploddrs trying to take eachother's heads off with one punch. This could look alot like Sumo wrestling with boxing gloves...

The real question is, would eihter Peter or Arreola be able to KO ROCKY???????? nea.gif
....I dont think so
However, I do give both the Klitschkos a good chance of beating Rocky, however, Rocky in his prime woudl give both Klitschkos a better fight than most of the other current heavyweights in the division...
JonnyBlaze
Again,Arreola's power is very overrated but Peter does have serious power..You guys will all see one Arreola fights on of the better heavyweights that his power ain't shit..
Michigan Assassin

Give me the Rock KTFO 5.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 17 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]417124[/snapback]
Again,Arreola's power is very overrated but Peter does have serious power..You guys will all see one Arreola fights on of the better heavyweights that his power ain't shit..

Sam Peter's Power is very overrated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.