Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holt vs. Hopkins: RBR/Postfight:Showtime10PM CST (SPOILERS 10:15)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all on-going comments about the Holt-Hopkins fight on Showtime tonight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
If these guys fight as well as they've been talking, then it should be a good one. Holt has been in some pretty boring fights though. Holt really isn't exciting unless someone is pressing him hard. I don't think that's Hopkins' style, so I'm not expecting fireworks in this one. Holt is the more experienced fighter, and has beaten some good figthers. I gotta go with Holt by decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
Who is watching this one. Good technical fight so far.
The CEO
I got in the background...crowd's into it....alot of ooooohin' and ahhhhhin'....just been listening 'til now....don't have a clue how it's been goin' or who's ahead....
Mean Mister Mustard
Hopkins on his toes and jabbing but not much else. Holt is the agressor and has the edge in the fight but he's not landing much either.
Jack 1000
I had it for Holt 117-111. I could see anywhere from 118-110 to 116-112, but that should not have been a Split Decision. Hopkins did not do enough to win most of the rounds, although there were many rounds were not a lot happened. Holt did a little more in most of them. Disappointment from both. Maybe we need a banger like Torres, or just a banger to make Holt fight exciting fights.

Jack
D-MARV
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 14 2008, 04:55 AM) [snapback]416431[/snapback]
I had it for Holt 117-111. I could see anywhere from 118-110 to 116-112, but that should not have been a Split Decision. Hopkins did not do enough to win most of the rounds, although there were many rounds were not a lot happened. Holt did a little more in most of them. Disappointment from both. Maybe we need a banger like Torres, or just a banger to make Holt fight exciting fights.

Jack

To Holt's credit, I think he tried to make this one a good fight. He was willing to exchange but Hopkins wanted to box a little more. I had the fight a litlle closer
(115-113 for Holt), because I thought a few of those rounds were close but Hopkins stole them with his Jab. But I'm ready for Bradley-Holt. Bradley will be more than willing to exchange with Holt. This could be a really good fight.
Lil-lightsout
Damn you Torres! I sat through the Klit-Rahman dud, then the Toney-Oquendo dud, and then the Holt-Hopkins dud. I guess I was hoping for a much better scrap between the two.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 14 2008, 09:19 AM) [snapback]416450[/snapback]
To Holt's credit, I think he tried to make this one a good fight. He was willing to exchange but Hopkins wanted to box a little more. I had the fight a litlle closer
(115-113 for Holt), because I thought a few of those rounds were close but Hopkins stole them with his Jab. But I'm ready for Bradley-Holt. Bradley will be more than willing to exchange with Holt. This could be a really good fight.

As much as I would like to see Bradley-Holt to unify, I'd rather see Holt-Torres III. If we don't see Holt-Torres III, there will be questions that will always remain unanswered. Than, the winner of the rubber match can fight Bradley.

Jack
D-MARV
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 14 2008, 02:24 PM) [snapback]416471[/snapback]
As much as I would like to see Bradley-Holt to unify, I'd rather see Holt-Torres III. If we don't see Holt-Torres III, there will be questions that will always remain unanswered. Than, the winner of the rubber match can fight Bradley.

Jack

I totally agree, BUT, Torres withdrew for whatever reason so he lost his shot. Holt deserves to head into the unfication fight... Torres should, however, be in line for a shot at the winner.
EpTXCHAMP
hopefully this will stop the crazy talk of arum that holt may be a possibilty for a pac fight! the split was crazy think she got crunk off sum egg nog before she judged this fight lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.