Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roberto Duran vs. Antonio Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
I'm leaning towards Tony because of the size, but I haven't made up my mind.
D-MARV
Roberto Duran wins... He's one of the All Time Greats
Douchebag
Now that I think about it Duran fought a 15 close rounds with Hagler. Duran would beat Marg by UD. Got respect Margs chin at 147.
King Eugene
Roberto decisions him no questions.
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 15 2008, 09:08 PM) [snapback]416689[/snapback]
Roberto decisions him no questions.

Roberto Decisions him...

Hearns Knocks him out!
Lil-lightsout
He has got to get by Mosely first. Duran has got to be very rusty these days, twice the age of Tony, and he has about 100lbs to cut to make welterweight. So I would have to say Margarito would KO him in the 1st round.
JonnyBlaze
Duran by decision..I also have to say that if anyone were to KO him it'd be either Hearns or Duran no doubt..
BrutalBodyShots
If they fought today, Margarito.

King Eugene
I'm assuming he is talking about prime vs. prime.

If they fought today it would be a one sided massacre.
Spyder
You mofo's are quick! laugh.gif

Are we talking this Duran?

Or this Duran?
Douchebag
I didn't think that I had to be that specific. But prime vs. prime smartasses. LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 15 2008, 11:34 PM) [snapback]416719[/snapback]
I didn't think that I had to be that specific. But prime vs. prime smartasses. LOL

What a waste of a post to even have to say this,ya know??
STEVENSKI
Duran would get beaten down by Margarito at any stage of their careers. Duran is not Mexican so he cannot beat a Mexican warrior even if he wishes he was a Mexican warrior.

BigG
If ANYONE stops Margarito...I think it would be the prime Sugar Ray Robinson....constant, punishing pin-point combinations.
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 15 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]416732[/snapback]
Duran would get beaten down by Margarito at any stage of their careers. Duran is not Mexican so he cannot beat a Mexican warrior even if he wishes he was a Mexican warrior.

Spyder
I got confused because Roberto Duran...in his PRIME...was one of the baddest dudes EVER!

Antonio Margarito isn't even the baddest dude TODAY.

That fight would be a legalized felony. In fact, they might arrest Duran for acts against nature, and cruel/unusual punishment.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 15 2008, 11:50 PM) [snapback]416735[/snapback]
If ANYONE stops Margarito...I think it would be the prime Sugar Ray Robinson....constant, punishing pin-point combinations.

I agree..He was the third guy who I was going to mention but didn't..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 15 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]416732[/snapback]

For some reason I thought you were a big Duran fan..I would of thought you would say Duran would whoop Margarito..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 15 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]416740[/snapback]
For some reason I thought you were a big Duran fan..I would of thought you would say Duran would whoop Margarito..

I was thinking the samething. I must have gotten Duran confused with Mundine. My bad Steven. drinks.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 16 2008, 03:57 AM) [snapback]416740[/snapback]

You of all people should have seen through that. Duran would beat him so bad it is not funny. It would actually be scary considering Margaritos chin & how many punches he would absorb. Remember the beating that Davey Moore took? It would be like that but extended for the distance of 15 rounds.
BigG
I loved that Davey Moore fight...that went a bit too long though. Shame Davey Moore was a REALLY good fighter who stopped Benitez but was ruined early in his career by Duran.
The CEO
Yeah....this is really a no brainer....it's almost an insult to Duran to hypotetically put a "vs." between his name and Margarito's....lol

Duran was fast, ferocious, AND carried his power well beyond Welter....his infighting was probably as good as it gets....and he ate Pain for breakfast.

Let me put it like this.........they'd be servin' Rib Tips A La Margarito the next day at the buffet.
BigG
Duran Pac would have been great!
The CEO
they'd be servin' Rib Tips A La Margarito the next day at the buffet.

and yes...Duran would eat them too....he. was. a. BEAST.
The CEO
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 16 2008, 12:32 AM) [snapback]416753[/snapback]

Yes...that would be a great fight....while it lasted.

because Pac wouldn't be able to handle Duran's power....Duran would hit him so hard in the bread basket, Pac would lay one of those duck egg delicacies in his trunks....

which Duran would eat as well... laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 16 2008, 05:26 AM) [snapback]416751[/snapback]
Let me put it like this.........they'd be servin' Rib Tips A La Margarito the next day at the buffet.

No they would not! James Toney would have mugged the serving girl before she got that tray out of the kitchen. All that would be left are gnawed bones & a greasy BBQ sauce ring around JT's mouth.
kidbazooka1
The Duran from the 1st leonard fight was almost unbeatable in my opinion. I'll go as far as to say that Duran would give a prime Robinson hell. But anyway Marg chins would allow him to absorb Durans best shots whileing losing a wide UD.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 16 2008, 12:17 AM) [snapback]416745[/snapback]
You of all people should have seen through that. Duran would beat him so bad it is not funny. It would actually be scary considering Margaritos chin & how many punches he would absorb. Remember the beating that Davey Moore took? It would be like that but extended for the distance of 15 rounds.

haha..I knew something was weird about that post..I remember reading it and thinking you were having a bad typing day and worded the whole post wrong.. laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

who ever started this thread must smoke alot of dope. i haven't even read through it, i bet it's hilarious. at least the posts that would make a case for margarito.
Douchebag
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 16 2008, 01:35 PM) [snapback]416833[/snapback]
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

who ever started this thread must smoke alot of dope. i haven't even read through it, i bet it's hilarious. at least the posts that would make a case for margarito.

You should have read through it because you could have spared yourself from looking like an assclown. focus.gif
King Eugene
I dont think not one person on here has sided with Margarito on this one.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 15 2008, 09:50 PM) [snapback]416679[/snapback]
I'm leaning towards Tony because of the size, but I haven't made up my mind.

This is the closest Margarito has come to someone siding with him..hahaha..

Duran's skills are far superior and he can go 15 rounds so I think he'd be able to keep up with Margarito for 12..Maybe not out throw him,but keep up at that pace..Duran has a great chin,especially at 47..This would be a very entertaining fight no doubt..
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 16 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]416911[/snapback]
This is the closest Margarito has come to someone siding with him..hahaha..

Duran's skills are far superior and he can go 15 rounds so I think he'd be able to keep up with Margarito for 12..Maybe not out throw him,but keep up at that pace..Duran has a great chin,especially at 47..This would be a very entertaining fight no doubt..

Roberto Duran is Top 5 most complete fighters EVER!!!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]416924[/snapback]
Roberto Duran is Top 5 most complete fighters EVER!!!!!

BIG QUESTION--Who are the other 4??hahaha..We might not hear back from ya on this for a couple of hours or possibly days..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 16 2008, 01:32 AM) [snapback]416753[/snapback]

No it wouldn't.

As much as Manny impressed me against DLH Duran would maul him. Now Lets not forget a past his prime Morales beat Manny. Im a big Morales fan but he's no Roberto Duran and neither is Manny.
Fitz
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 17 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]417009[/snapback]
No it wouldn't.

As much as Manny impressed me against DLH Duran would maul him. Now Lets not forget a past his prime Morales beat Manny. Im a big Morales fan but he's no Roberto Duran and neither is Manny.

A long with Morales don't forget that he could have arguably lost against Marquez as well. Manny is good, but beatable. People sometimes have short memories or just have selective memories. I'm not taking anything away from Pacquiao, but I think sometimes people are not seeing the clear picture.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 17 2008, 02:51 AM) [snapback]417017[/snapback]
A long with Morales don't forget that he could have arguably lost against Marquez as well. Manny is good, but beatable. People sometimes have short memories or just have selective memories. I'm not taking anything away from Pacquiao, but I think sometimes people are not seeing the clear picture.

I agree. Some people are going overboard on Manny. I bet some would argue he could beat Wlad if he used the same strategy he did against DLH.
The Original MrFactor
In a 12 rounder, Duran SD12. In a 15 rounder Margarito SD15. I say this because i think Duran would start off fast and ferocious, winning several early rounds. probably enough to get a decision in a 12 rounder. Even though we've never seen Margarito in a 15 rounder, i think he'd have the stamina to go 15 easily. I think Duran takes many early rounds, but Tony walks him down and gets a decision in a 15 rounder.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 17 2008, 05:13 AM) [snapback]417033[/snapback]
In a 12 rounder, Duran SD12. In a 15 rounder Margarito SD15. I say this because i think Duran would start off fast and ferocious, winning several early rounds. probably enough to get a decision in a 12 rounder. Even though we've never seen Margarito in a 15 rounder, i think he'd have the stamina to go 15 easily. I think Duran takes many early rounds, but Tony walks him down and gets a decision in a 15 rounder.

I think Margarito wouldn't be throwing the numbers he is used to if he did a 15 rounder..13,14,and 15 could be his kryptonite..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 17 2008, 06:48 AM) [snapback]417043[/snapback]
You have a lot more to base an argument on Margarito being able to do rounds 13, 14 and 15 comfortably rather than that being his downfall. He is known to get stronger all the way to the 12th. I think there is a lot more merit in suggesting he can fight 15 rounds comfortably rather than him not being able to.

I said 13,14,and 15 COULD be his downfall..I think he'd be able to go 15 but I really wonder how much he'd really have left if he fought at the same pace he does not..It'd be insane if he could but I think if anyone could,it'd be him..His stamina is one of the best ever I think..
BigG
No it wouldn't.

I just said it would have been a great fight..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2008, 08:50 PM) [snapback]417125[/snapback]
I just said it would have been a great fight..

They are just picking on you G. You are a long standing member who gets bullied by other members over your blatant nuthugging & flavour of the month club fighters.
rusty_trombone
you made my day mrfactor
Spyder
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 17 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]417151[/snapback]
They are just picking on you G. You are a long standing member who gets bullied by other members over your blatant nuthugging & flavour of the month club fighters.

biggeorge should thank you for coming to his defense.
STEVENSKI
No need for G to thank me. I just keep it real.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.