Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pacquiao vs. judah?! wtf?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
stillperpetuallygrooving
i have read on many boxing sites that there is more than just rumors but nothing confirmed about this fight taking place...supposedly arum is interested in making this fight and has been in talks with both sides...

judah does not deserve to be in the same ring as manny, he doesnt even deserved to be in the same sentence as manny...judah is a joke, a clown, A BUM...HAHAHA did ya'll see how stupid he looked in the tzyu fight? HAHAHAH that shit was funny as hell....that moment DEFINES HIS CAREER...
King Eugene
I tried to tell yall a long time ago that this was going to be a possibility at 140. Judah still has a name, speed, and the ability to make it interesting up to the 6th. I tried to tell yall. I even read one of Arum's quotes earlier today on boxingscene.com that a Judah fight was probable.
kidbazooka1
Judah is gonna get f*cked up. clapping.gif
King Eugene
I think it'll go atleast 10. Its going to be a shootout though, some of the fastest hands in the sport.
slap
Wtf is going on now did any1 see judahs last fight on the calzaghe jones undercard it put me 2 sleep the guy is a joke n I've lost all respect 4 him but pac says he wants 2 be back in the ring by march so if he can't get money may or hatton by then this fight might just happen n I hope its not on ppv cause they won't get my money 4 this bs
Jack 1000
Max Kellerman has to be salivating over this match-up! laugh.gif

Jack
Spyder
Zab put me to sleep in his last outing too.

To bad, he used to be fun to watch...even in his losses.
ROLL DEEP
Why do Rahman and Judah keep getting big fights?

I like Judah, but whats he done to get this fight? Once again he has the skills and power to force a win, but he won't. The same as Rahman 'if focused' (lol) will beat (insert name here). Surprise, surprise, that Rahman never shows and neither will that Zab.
salvador
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 16 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]416808[/snapback]
Zab put me to sleep in his last outing too.

To bad, he used to be fun to watch...even in his losses.

He never had a chance in his last fight because he was way too small for Clottey and he got discouraged. He'll be different against Pacquiao (though we all know Manny's fighting Hatton first, regardless of what Arum says). If Zab manages to land an uppercut early, he could definitely get the ko.

Zab-Pacquiao at 140 would be an extremely exciting and competitive fight. If the odds got too crazy, like more than 3-1 for Pacquiao, I'd definitely throw some cash down on Zab.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 16 2008, 06:03 AM) [snapback]416817[/snapback]
He never had a chance in his last fight because he was way too small for Clottey and he got discouraged. He'll be different against Pacquiao (though we all know Manny's fighting Hatton first, regardless of what Arum says). If Zab manages to land an uppercut early, he could definitely get the ko.

Zab-Pacquiao at 140 would be an extremely exciting and competitive fight. If the odds got too crazy, like more than 3-1 for Pacquiao, I'd definitely throw some cash down on Zab.

Judah's last fight was on the calzaghe jones undercard vs an unknown light welter named Ernest Johnson. The fight was meant for Judah to win by KO and hopefully rekindle his name within the boxing scene but he weas unable to do so and won a boring UD (I must say that Judah received a nasty cut over his eye which more or less effected his ability and was probably a huge distraction) over a fighter whos last 2 opponents prior to Judah had an unimpressive combined record of 35-42-2....
D-MARV
If Judah was to get lucky and KO Pacquiao then that would just be sad... And Boxing would take a big hit.
Spyder
I'm talking about his last fight, not the Clottey match...Zab was supposed to steam roll Ernest Johnson, except he took him all 10.

It was NOT a fight that I ever want to see again, unless I get insomnia...or feel like experiencing a comatose state.
Rabbit Punch2
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Dec 15 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]416759[/snapback]
judah does not deserve to be in the same ring as manny, he doesnt even deserve ...

Sure he does. Manny will wipe the mat with him and he deserves it.
Tha Docta
its not saying much, but judah would certainly give pacman more of a fight than diaz & oscar combined. cant think of anyone outside of hatton & mayweather that would make him more money at the moment at 140.
Douchebag
Zab gets stopped in 8, and then hopefully retires. I think Cotto officially ruined Zab as a fighter he was never quite the same after that beatdown.
iron_mike
I think Tszyu ruined Judah... he had the Spinks win and Corley but wtf has he done since then?
Tha Docta
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Dec 16 2008, 01:53 PM) [snapback]416837[/snapback]
I think Tszyu ruined Judah... he had the Spinks win and Corley but wtf has he done since then?

judah doesnt look any different after his fight with cotto. he still starts strong and then fades. if anybody ruined him its tszyu. after that fight he was so scared of getting KO'd that he decided that he would rather lose decisions if he cant get the early KO.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 16 2008, 02:37 PM) [snapback]416845[/snapback]
judah doesnt look any different after his fight with cotto. he still starts strong and then fades. if anybody ruined him its tszyu. after that fight he was so scared of getting KO'd that he decided that he would rather lose decisions if he cant get the early KO.

Really. It's been almost 2 years in that fight and who has Judah (who was at one time known for his KO power) KOed or better yet even badly hurt in that time? Mind you Judah has mostly fought be class opposition since then and he still can't get them out there like he used to. I thought it was because he was fighting at 147 but he can't even get it done against the bums at 140. To me he has lost some of his explosiveness since the Cotto fight and thats why he can't get it done. Judah could still have a career ahead of him but he is going to have to rely more on diciplined boxing than his explosiveness. He just isn't the same anymore.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 16 2008, 02:37 PM) [snapback]416845[/snapback]

He wasn't scared of the KO when he fought his heart out against Cotto. Judah just doesn't have the mental fortitude or dicipline to go twelve. The Tszyu KO really didn't do anything to hurt him IMO. In fact I think he could have fought in that fight if he waited to get his legs under him before he got up.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 16 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]416849[/snapback]
Really. It's been almost 2 years in that fight and who has Judah (who was at one time known for his KO power) KOed or better yet even badly hurt in that time? Mind you Judah has mostly fought be class opposition since then and he still can't get them out there like he used to. I thought it was because he was fighting at 147 but he can't even get it done against the bums at 140. To me he has lost some of his explosiveness since the Cotto fight and thats why he can't get it done. Judah could still have a career ahead of him but he is going to have to rely more on diciplined boxing than his explosiveness. He just isn't the same anymore.

judahs career is riddled with lackluster performances. there were many before cotto, and hes just continuing the trend. i think hes trying to become a more complete fighter that doesnt have to lose everytime he doesnt KO somebody. he still has the explosiveness but i think he realized that just going balls out early in fights isnt getting it done for him.
salvador
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 16 2008, 11:03 AM) [snapback]416822[/snapback]
I'm talking about his last fight, not the Clottey match...Zab was supposed to steam roll Ernest Johnson, except he took him all 10.

It was NOT a fight that I ever want to see again, unless I get insomnia...or feel like experiencing a comatose state.

You're right. I totally forgot about that. That was horribly boring.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 16 2008, 12:22 AM) [snapback]416762[/snapback]
Judah is gonna get f*cked up. clapping.gif

No.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 16 2008, 03:11 PM) [snapback]416861[/snapback]
You're right. I totally forgot about that. That was horribly boring.

well it was boring but in his defense square rings contacted judah about the fight 3 WEEKS before the fight obviously not much time to train! zab was prob out partying then got a call one day from roy saying hey wanna fight on the undercard? and took it lol he obviously wasnt in tip top shape plus think were all being harsh on his fight against johnson not saying the guy is great but I think Dan rafeal said it best that johnson was a tall awkward fighter who had never been ko'd or dropped and prob wasnt a good choice for zab's opponent because like most have said here he would have looked better ko'ing a bum then winning a UD against this guy.

also I think it be best for pac to wit till perhaps july or so because if he is targeting a march to may date I dont see a mayweather fight being made in that time and a hatton one as a toss up so much would be involved in those talks purs split, where it'll be held etc
STEVENSKI
Look we all need to face the facts that Judah in addition to being one of the ugliest fighters out there is also a has been bum now.
King Eugene
I'd give Judah a shot at an early KO. Weather he has not KO'ed anyone in the last two years doesn't mean he is a bum but he has hurt every fighter he's been in the ring with except Clottey since then. He badly hurt Cotto in the first as well. I think Manny would win but I'd be pulling for Judah and I dont think he would be a big under dog either.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]416906[/snapback]
I'd give Judah a shot at an early KO. Weather he has not KO'ed anyone in the last two years doesn't mean he is a bum but he has hurt every fighter he's been in the ring with except Clottey since then. He badly hurt Cotto in the first as well. I think Manny would win but I'd be pulling for Judah and I dont think he would be a big under dog either.

Are you serious??We are talking about casual fans mixed in with hardcore fans betting on them..EVERY casual fan would vote for Pac-man while 80-90 of the hardcore fans would bet on Pac-man..I'm not a betting guy but I think Judah would be a major under dog..To bet on Judah in that fight would be real bad..A 10 round decision against Ernest and you think a early KO would be possible??I may not be thinking right right now but I don't remember seeing Judah KOing anyone in a very long time(especially on the top level)..His last elite KO was in 05 against Spinks..

Who would bet against Pac-man after what he just did to DLH??Whether DLH was weight drained or not..Also,I heard Hatton is Pac-man's opponent anyway..

I think you just got too much love for Judah..I always liked him in the ring but these days I really think he should retire..He is competitive but he can't win any elite fight ever again if ya ask me..The funny thing is though that he only wants elite fights..hahaha..
BigG
I would rather see Judah take on Kendall Holt..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 16 2008, 09:12 PM) [snapback]416910[/snapback]
Are you serious??We are talking about casual fans mixed in with hardcore fans betting on them..EVERY casual fan would vote for Pac-man while 80-90 of the hardcore fans would bet on Pac-man..I'm not a betting guy but I think Judah would be a major under dog..To bet on Judah in that fight would be real bad..A 10 round decision against Ernest and you think a early KO would be possible??I may not be thinking right right now but I don't remember seeing Judah KOing anyone in a very long time(especially on the top level)..His last elite KO was in 05 against Spinks..

Who would bet against Pac-man after what he just did to DLH??Whether DLH was weight drained or not..Also,I heard Hatton is Pac-man's opponent anyway..

I think you just got too much love for Judah..I always liked him in the ring but these days I really think he should retire..He is competitive but he can't win any elite fight ever again if ya ask me..The funny thing is though that he only wants elite fights..hahaha..

Hell Ernest Johnson ran the whole damn fight.

If they fought I'd be rooting for Judah. This is the first time in a long time he is actually the bigger man and he may be faster than Pac-Man.
PR316
Judah's shot too. Ridiculous. He hasn't won a meaningful fight since he fought Cory Spinks the 2nd time, and he's lost every single big fight he's been in.

Pac-Man would just give him a beating and stop Judah within 7 rounds. Judah can't hurt Pacquiao and he folds the moment his opponent stands up to him.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]416961[/snapback]
Judah can't hurt Pacquiao...

But Marquez and others below 130-135 pounds could?

Oscar could have hurt Pacquiao too, if he THREW PUNCHES. As long as Judah comes out and throws punches, which he should at least for 1/3 of the fight, he would have a chance of catching Pacquiao with something big. If he doesn't get it done within 4 or 5, Pacquiao should stop Judah around the same time Oscar quit.

King Eugene
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 16 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]416966[/snapback]

Oscar could have hurt Pacquiao too, if he THREW PUNCHES. As long as Judah comes out and throws punches, which he should at least for 1/3 of the fight, he would have a chance of catching Pacquiao with something big. If he doesn't get it done within 4 or 5, Pacquiao should stop Judah around the same time Oscar quit.

Co-Sign
buford54
Why does Judah keep getting these chances?
To me, at this point, he's a Paris Hilton equivalent. He stays in the public eye more because of his mouth and his thug image than anything else.
He has lost EVERY big fight except for the Spinks rematch. Tszyu, Spinks 1, Baldomir (not a big fight, but still...), Mayweather, Cotto...now HE gets to fight Pacquiao?
He is the type of guy who hurts the sport. He keeps his name alive with bad behavior and underacheivement.

I hope he doesn't get this fight and is relegated to his place as the division gate keepter.
slap
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 16 2008, 09:50 PM) [snapback]416934[/snapback]
I would rather see Judah take on Kendall Holt..

Yeah that's a fight I would rather see also a fight judah should win
D-MARV
Judah-Holt would be a good one!

iron_mike
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 16 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]416900[/snapback]
Look we all need to face the facts that Judah in addition to being one of the ugliest fighters out there is also a has been bum now.

C'mon ugly? Just cause he looks like Sam Cassell's younger mongloid brother? That's harsh...and while we're on the subject, doesn't Antoine Walker look like a slightly in shape Toney? And completely off topic, I always thought Eddy Curry looks a lil like Biggie-with the crooked eye...
iron_mike
QUOTE(buford54 @ Dec 17 2008, 09:11 AM) [snapback]417055[/snapback]
Why does Judah keep getting these chances?
To me, at this point, he's a Paris Hilton equivalent. He stays in the public eye more because of his mouth and his thug image than anything else.
He has lost EVERY big fight except for the Spinks rematch. Tszyu, Spinks 1, Baldomir (not a big fight, but still...), Mayweather, Cotto...now HE gets to fight Pacquiao?
He is the type of guy who hurts the sport. He keeps his name alive with bad behavior and underacheivement.

I hope he doesn't get this fight and is relegated to his place as the division gate keepter.

Similar to Ricardo Mayorga..actually exactly like Mayorga
stillperpetuallygrooving
heh sorry to report on this guys, i know it doesnt bring excitement like the possibility of most upcoming bouts...but when i read it the first time, i shook it off as rumors started by zabs camp so he could still appear to be in the big times, BUT as i continued to read these reports, even with quotes from arum confirming the possibility i was in awe....the same zab judah who has never had an impressive win in his career, much less recently, is going to get a shot at the number one pound for pound fighter on the face of the planet...if he does i hope manny gets him outta there with the QUICKNESS and further embarasses an already pathetic "career"...this guy is right behind junior witter and right above david haye on my list of most hated fighters...these guys are bums but they hype themselves up soo much they actually have a few people out there that think they are worthy champs with top notch boxing skillz...

haha on a hillarious side note, do any of ya'll remember when those hoodlums shook down jab on a new york city street corner? haha they were trying to steal his ferrari or lambrougini or some car he spent all his purses on....anyway, zab ended up RUNNING away, not to say that i blame him, as anyone would have tried to get away....BUT, afterwards he came out like he was a badass by saying "they messed with the wrong guy" , "I got them", and other comments that would imply he did something other than run away and get cops attention who eventually arrested the perps...you would think he did something badass....hahahahah what a fucking ass clown

AND there is a video of him on youtube playin dice in what looks like a rough area in miami....HAHAHA i guess he wants people to think he has street cred, when he probably paid a couple guys to protect him and act like he was gully....

lets either pray the fight doesnt go down, or if zab does get lucky and get paid lets hope he gets retired...
iron_mike
I remember that..I'm pretty sure it was a Lambo...but I remember reading he chased them down somehow...it was outside some club near 23rd st i think
PR316
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 17 2008, 03:50 AM) [snapback]416966[/snapback]

But when was the last time Judah showed any real power???...

True that he'd be fighting a smaller guy, but his speed and reflexes have dulled and I don't think that at this stage in his career Zab poses any serious problems for Pacquiao. Zab would probably do his usual and start very fast but by the 4th round, he'll start taking a beating and doing his usual routine in going into a shell until he's stopped.
Nay_Sayer
I think some of you are overlooking the obvious. Zab is EASILY the hardest puncher @ 140lbs, not to mention he's probably also got the fastest hands.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 17 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]417106[/snapback]
I think some of you are overlooking the obvious. Zab is EASILY the hardest puncher @ 140lbs, not to mention he's probably also got the fastest hands.

Exactly! Judah would be king at 140. He showed his heart and power against Cotto when he rocked him twice with uppercuts on the inside and Cotto responded with 2 low blows. His hands are still among the fastest in the sport and is a better boxer overall so Pacman would have alot to deal with.

I like Pacman but Zab would be a beast at 140.
BigG
Just my opinion:

The Judah of the Mayweather, Clottey, Cotto fights...would have a decent shot at stunning Pac and even knocking him down. Judah is not smaller than Pacquiao and he actually has the speed to match Manny. I don't think Judah can box for 12 rounds though so Manny would likely put a beating on him.
Lil-lightsout
I think Zab has enough left to make it interesting while it lasts. Heck, with his speed and power you never know what could happen. I know Zab would put up a much better effort than Oscar did. I think it would be an entertaining scrap.
Michigan Assassin
I don't think there is anyway Arum risk Manny's cash cow status by taking a fight with Zab.

I think if the Hatton fight doesn't materialize net then we'll see Manny in with one of the other titlist at 140.

Either Holt or Bradley, which would present less danger and get Manny a belt which would make the Hatton fight for 2 0r3 of the light welter titles.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 17 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]417196[/snapback]
Either Holt or Bradley, which would present less danger and get Manny a belt which would make the Hatton fight for 2 0r3 of the light welter titles.

I don't know about that. Holt got some serious right hand power, though his chin is definately shaky. Bradley is a real nice fighter who is undefeated and a very hungry fighter, I for one would stay away from him the most.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 17 2008, 08:45 PM) [snapback]417207[/snapback]
I don't know about that. Holt got some serious right hand power, though his chin is definately shaky. Bradley is a real nice fighter who is undefeated and a very hungry fighter, I for one would stay away from him the most.

Kendall does have power but I don't think he could stand up to Manny relentlessness.

As far as Bradley, I like him as a nice young fighter but if you saw him in there with Witter he wasn't letting his hands go until he caught Witter and dropped him.
I do think Bradley could give him some trouble but his activity level would have to be great than it was in the first half of the Witter fight.

I don't think this fight would happen next, I think Holt will be fighting Bradley next. So if Manny does take on the winner it will be for 2 of the belts I believe.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 17 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]417106[/snapback]

Just not the smartest brain.
King Eugene
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 17 2008, 02:31 PM) [snapback]417103[/snapback]
But when was the last time Judah showed any real power???...

He had Cotto holding on for dear life in round 1.

And say whatever you want but Cotto knew he was in trouble in that fight, those low blows ended up giving him the edge. Zab went down fighting but emphasis on WENT DOWN.
Col Reb
I think this fight is all wrong for Manny. Zab has done nothing to deserve this, and it's all risk with little reward. I'm tired of seeing Zab recycled over and over again with other sites cheerleading him into big fight after big fight. Manny needs to look at either fighting Hatton or picking up some other belts at 140. I wish he could fight Cotto at 140, after Cotto gets a tuneup.
EpTXCHAMP
I think zab should go after the bradley holt winner then if he wins that fight he'll prob get the pac man hatton winner Arum is just throwing holt and bradley around for negotiating no way he puts pac in with holt or bradley unless fights with hatton,mayweather,JMM,zab,hell prob even david diaz too all fall apart
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.