Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lennox to help prepare Haye for Vitali
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
ROLL DEEP
Thats a pretty good advantage for David.

Lewis obviously knows first hand about Vitali and it'll be a big confidence boost for Haye to have Lennox in his camp. I doubt it'll change the outcome (Vitali by KO), but if true its interesting news.
Douchebag
I hope Haye goes in there and doesn't even worry about the KO. Just tries to outwork Vitali, using his quickness to get on the inside do some work, turn him, get out and reset. If he goes in there with that mentality I could see him getting a decision.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 17 2008, 10:27 AM) [snapback]417066[/snapback]
I hope Haye goes in there and doesn't even worry about the KO. Just tries to outwork Vitali, using his quickness to get on the inside do some work, turn him, get out and reset. If he goes in there with that mentality I could see him getting a decision.

I agree... If he goes flying in for the KO he will get KO'd himself. Either way I pick Vitali by Late stoppage but I'll be pulling for Haye.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 17 2008, 11:27 AM) [snapback]417066[/snapback]

Agree in theory, though I haven't seen enough of Haye to know whether he has the stamina or discipline to accomplish this. Has he shown the ability to fight this way for twelve rounds before?
Douchebag
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 17 2008, 11:17 AM) [snapback]417070[/snapback]
Agree in theory, though I haven't seen enough of Haye to know whether he has the stamina or discipline to accomplish this. Has he shown the ability to fight this way for twelve rounds before?

I don't think theres any way to know because in the past he has alway relied on his power. I'm just saying that I don't think his power is going to get it done in this fight and he just has to try outwork the Big Klitorus.
Tha Docta
vitali is at least going to eat some leather in this fight, and i wonder if that skin around his eye sockets is going to hold up.
ROLL DEEP
Although they're totally different boxers and body shapes, Lennox was brilliant at controlling the fight pace and catching breathers when he needed. Maybe he can coach Haye and help him prepare for a longer fight if needed?

He may know a few things to help him prepare for Vitali that a 'normal' coach couldn't do.
salvador
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 17 2008, 11:27 AM) [snapback]417066[/snapback]

How could you hope for a decision in a hw fight? Especially from a guy with the biggest mouth since Ali.

Haye's either going to time a right hand over Vitali's jab and score the ko, or he's getting ko'd himself. Haye has absolutely no chance for a decision because Vitali's jab is too long and to damaging and the minute Vitali lands a big right hand, Haye's chances to box successfully from the outside will be about zero.

Douchebag
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 17 2008, 11:42 AM) [snapback]417076[/snapback]
How could you hope for a decision in a hw fight? Especially from a guy with the biggest mouth since Ali.

Haye's either going to time a right hand over Vitali's jab and score the ko, or he's getting ko'd himself. Haye has absolutely no chance for a decision because Vitali's jab is too long and to damaging and the minute Vitali lands a big right hand, Haye's chances to box successfully from the outside will be about zero.

I don't get cought up in KO's as long as the fight is exiting, plus I just want Vitali to lose. I'd rather have a British champ than a Russian one and ad the fact that I don't think he CAN KO him anyway.

OH did you skip the part where I said that I want him fighting on the inside?
D-MARV
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 17 2008, 11:42 AM) [snapback]417076[/snapback]

Kevin Johnson isn't fighting is he?

Can you imagine the build up to a Kevin Johnson-David Haye fight?
JD
David Haye was dropped by Monte Barrett, though it was not ruled.

He said that Barrett's jab felt like a heavy right hand at Crusierweight...Vitali is going to bludgeon him.
mrwigi
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 17 2008, 12:22 PM) [snapback]417086[/snapback]

He said that Barrett's jab felt like a heavy right hand at Crusierweight...Vitali is going to bludgeon him.

If he really meant what he said, and he has learned to move effectivly, and get out of the way of the jab Vit is going to be in for long night. If not, then well.. at least he tried.lol
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 17 2008, 12:36 PM) [snapback]417073[/snapback]
vitali is at least going to eat some leather in this fight, and i wonder if that skin around his eye sockets is going to hold up.

That cut is healed up and has been for years..

Lennox being in Hayes camp is going to do nothing for him because he still has to fight Vitali,not some chump..I wonder how Lennox is going to feel after seein his guy KO'd..I don't really like how Lennox is acting towards the Klitchkos lately..Vitali and Wlad. aren't talking shit about him but I know Lennox is getting shit because of what happened against Vitali..

The guy with the biggest mouth since Ali would be James Toney..As Toney said "I talk in my sleep,punk"
Tha Docta
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 17 2008, 03:16 PM) [snapback]417111[/snapback]
That cut is healed up and has been for years..

Lennox being in Hayes camp is going to do nothing for him because he still has to fight Vitali,not some chump..I wonder how Lennox is going to feel after seein his guy KO'd..I don't really like how Lennox is acting towards the Klitchkos lately..Vitali and Wlad. aren't talking shit about him but I know Lennox is getting shit because of what happened against Vitali..

The guy with the biggest mouth since Ali would be James Toney..As Toney said "I talk in my sleep,punk"

i really dont think lennox gets shit from the vitali fight. he was fat and undertrained and he still tko'd him by almost knocking his eyeball out of his head.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 17 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]417114[/snapback]
i really dont think lennox gets shit from the vitali fight. he was fat and undertrained and he still tko'd him by almost knocking his eyeball out of his head.

His eye was straight..Trust me though,the biggest question to Lennox is about Vitali and why he didn't rematch him in such a close fight..You can just tell by the way Lennox has been acting since Vitali came back outta retirement..He has a grudge for sure..

The TKO was more because of the glove scrapping Vitali's eye lid than a punch..It saved Lennox in that fight..
Mean Mister Mustard
Haye has the Roy Jones stance and everything. Unfortunatley he gets tagged way too often with jabs because he doesn't have the relfexes of Jones. Haye has shown some pretty sweet defense moves though and like Concsience said, if he focuses on outworking V.Klit instead of aiming for the KO he just might win or at least make things difficult for the Ukranian.

I tell you this though, I expect Haye to at least put up a better fight than most heavyweights will against the Klitschkos. Most heavyweights are, like Haye said, fat, have no real boxing experience and are not ahtletic in the least. They don't know how to cope with the Klitshckos. Also, should Haye lose by KO, who cares? This is the heavyweight division, we have a 46 year old fighting for a title shot this saturday, no one in this division is done, especially when its a former cruiserweight we are talking about.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 17 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]417121[/snapback]
You can just tell by the way Lennox has been acting since Vitali came back outta retirement..He has a grudge for sure..

I cerrtainly appreciated Lennox in the ring - but outside the ring he sometimes had the tendancy to act like a little bitch. Case in point, suing Mike Tyson for not taking another beating, and crying like a little girl when Rahman put his arse on Queer street. Lennox needs to just STFU where VK is concerned. He should have just took the immediate rematch and knocked VK's ass out....
Tha Docta
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 17 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]417121[/snapback]
His eye was straight..Trust me though,the biggest question to Lennox is about Vitali and why he didn't rematch him in such a close fight..You can just tell by the way Lennox has been acting since Vitali came back outta retirement..He has a grudge for sure..

The TKO was more because of the glove scrapping Vitali's eye lid than a punch..It saved Lennox in that fight..

that looked like more than just a scrape that he had. i dont think the fight was all that controversial. vitali was taking a bit of a beating towards the end. if lennox does hold a grudge its because Vitali wouldnt keep his name out of his mouth after he retired. personally, i cant stand lennox, but there really wasnt much of a need for a rematch. if vitali couldnt beat that out of shape version of lennox, then he didnt really stand a chance.
salvador
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 17 2008, 12:50 PM) [snapback]417078[/snapback]
I don't get cought up in KO's as long as the fight is exiting, plus I just want Vitali to lose. I'd rather have a British champ than a Russian one and ad the fact that I don't think he CAN KO him anyway.

OH did you skip the part where I said that I want him fighting on the inside?

I do get caught up in the kos, particularly at hw - and particularly in a hw championship fight. And I would LOVE to see Haye win but not if it means watching Mayweather-Baldomir 2.

And as far as Haye fighting inside, I'd love to see him try to work Vitali's body, because the more time he's inside, the more violent the action will be.

BigG
Hopefully Haye KO's Vitali...I hate Vitali...
ROLL DEEP
I don't really like how Lennox is acting towards the Klitchkos lately..Vitali and Wlad. aren't talking shit about him but I know Lennox is getting shit because of what happened against Vitali..

I know what you mean.....but if I was Lewis and was retired, then I'd be pissed if every two seconds Vitali was moaning and calling me out.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]417155[/snapback]
Hopefully Haye KO's Vitali...I hate Vitali...

Why do you hate Vitali?

I really don't get why people hate the Klitschkos so much dntknw.gif
BigG
Well, I actually don't hate Vitali but I can't bring myself to root for him...he is dominant but his style looks sloppy...he is just so much bigger and stronger than anyone he fights....I hope Haye puts his lights out.

Besides, if Haye wins, it sets up a superfight..Wlad vs. Haye.

The Klitschko brothers always avenge each other's losses....Wlad avenged Vitali by beating Byrd....Vitali avenged Wlad by beating Sanders and Ross Purity..lol..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Dec 17 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]417157[/snapback]
Why do you hate Vitali?

That infamous photo of the two of them getting frisky with each other is what did it for me.
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 17 2008, 06:42 PM) [snapback]417171[/snapback]
That infamous photo of the two of them getting frisky with each other is what did it for me.

I'm glad I've never seen such photos.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Dec 17 2008, 06:03 PM) [snapback]417157[/snapback]
Why do you hate Vitali?

For me personally, I do not like the fact he(Vitali) takes off like four years, and gets an immediate title fight. Regardless how good he is, or how poor the division is, he should have atleast fought a contender first. Politics sucks.

Wlad is just a big pussy, he is an awesome offensive machine sometimes. But he has shown to be such a coward the way he fights, he plays it WAY too safe in there. And the three fighters that showed some type of resistance and go after him, he folded. Just the look on his face sometimes looks to me he does not want to be in there.
streetlion1
Haye will definitely make it interesting for the first few rounds.....what happens after that is the question. Lennox in Hayes corner or not I still see Vitali landing his jab and eventually scoring a K.O.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 18 2008, 01:36 AM) [snapback]417202[/snapback]
For me personally, I do not like the fact he(Vitali) takes off like four years, and gets an immediate title fight. Regardless how good he is, or how poor the division is, he should have atleast fought a contender first. Politics sucks.

Sounds like what has happened with Judah in teh past except he gets title shots for losing fights.
salvador
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 17 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]417202[/snapback]

Vitali is very very very clearly either the best or second best hw out there.
D-MARV
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 17 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]417232[/snapback]

Agreed... Dont think we can argue that!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 17 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]417225[/snapback]
He got it because he was the Emirates champion or whatever it's called. He should have actually had his shot earlier, but they gave it to Peter as he had a couple of eliminator fights I think, so they gave it to him.

Shit, I did not know that. I thought Vitali was retired for good.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 17 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]417232[/snapback]

After what he did to Peter, can not argue with that. But no one knew that before his fight with Sam, being out of the ring for four years.
King Eugene

Toney is an ATG at junk talking. laugh.gif
King Eugene
He is also going to spar with him as well.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17523
MarzB
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 17 2008, 01:22 PM) [snapback]417086[/snapback]

That comment is no different than any rookie coming into any sport at the professional level saying how much faster the game is in converse to their previous level. It doesn't mean they don't adapt to it.

For one match against punching bag after a 4 year layoff you all give some strong kudos to Klichko who ducked (I don't care what you say 4 cancellations is ridiculous) of all people Hasim Rahman even then.

I'm favoring Haye big time over ROBOT(ic) #1 but I agree he shouldn't go for the knockout and thats where Lennox comes in. His advice sure can't hurt. Lennox is a pretty good observer of boxers and I'm sure he'll give Haye some nice insight into Vitali.

I remember when Vitali fought Corrie Sanders he had more than one opportunity to pour it on Klichko. While Corrie definitely has some pop, speed is power Haye will easily be the fastest boxer Vitali has ever fought.

We're 6 months away from this so surely more will be discussed.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 17 2008, 11:53 PM) [snapback]417248[/snapback]
Well I can't remember what it's called, maybe someone can refresh my memory, but he was elevated to super champion status after the Williams fight I think, which meant that he can get an automatic title shot straight away. Or something like that.
Someone else will know the finer details.

Well...I myself call it BULLSHIT....but you can pretty much toss on any kind of nonsense latin rooted sounding term to it and it's about right.

I've called it.

Emperious Leader
Champion Imortalus
Imortal Championitalis
Ceasar Ringrulerus

Any will suffice.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 17 2008, 11:22 PM) [snapback]417236[/snapback]
Agreed... Dont think we can argue that!

Maybe you can't....I sure can!

I might to a degree...agree with that statement had it only been 6 months the guy was out....but 4+ YEARS?

nono.gif

Whose to say what any significant change in a matchup might be affected by the layoff/age.

I mean...sure he wiped the mat with Peter....but if my memory serves me correctly.....Peter is the same guy a very large % of this very board called total shit!

You have guys like Haye....Thompson...Sultan.....etc. that Vitali has never fought. NOW...I know the masses will attempt to argue.....Well....Wlad beat those two....but IMHO that does not hold water....not after a 4 year layoff and being older is taken into consideration.

So I myself WOULD dispute that as being a fact.
mexi-cutioner
UHHHHH VITALI OR MANNUY!>!>! UHJJHHHHHHHHHHHH MANNY!!!!!!!!! AHAHAH
MANNY MANNY MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheWhiteBuffalo
Lennox sinks to another level....the ultimate low. Lennox jumps in to help haye prepare for Vitali? Thats laughable!

Now we have an aging, out of shape, Lennox offering to help a fighter do everything that he couldn't and cannot do. Way to go Lennox....hide behind David Haye and pray for a miracle.

After hiding behind that microphone for so long, Lennox can no longer stand by and watch the Klitschko domination. So now he hides behind a fluke dream called David Haye.

The only bright side is that after Vitali knocks Haye back into reality, it will offer one more reason for Lennox to put up or shut up.

Pitiful. Oh well..... I will be very interested in watching Haye get dismantled and laid flat. Haye has shown NOTHING at heavyweight and believes that he can get a shot at the title by having a cheesey photoshop of Vitali's decapitated head. Pathetic to say the least. Haye needs to earn that shot.....

Solis is afraid to fight the Buffalo, so why not step up to the plate and face Francois Botha? Earn your respect and face the best.
JD
Didn't Lennox help out Corrie Sanders for his fight against Vitali?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 20 2008, 10:42 AM) [snapback]417595[/snapback]
Didn't Lennox help out Corrie Sanders for his fight against Vitali?

I thought it was for his fight with Wlad? Lennox called Sanders the night before and gave him advice on how to time Wlad with the left.
torvix2000
It's like an expectator giving advice to the currently playing chess player.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Dec 20 2008, 09:33 AM) [snapback]417594[/snapback]
Solis is afraid to fight the Buffalo, so why not step up to the plate and face Francois Botha? Earn your respect and face the best.

laugh.gif You are talking about a 40 year old who had one fight with a scrub in the last six years! Botha would be a HUGE step backwards.
Douchebag
Botha is shot pussy who is scared to take fights against heavy weight that willing to fight him in his own backyard and aren't even the top ten. Fuck Botha, fuck him in the face.
AussieLad
So who has faster hands, Haye or the Sanders that KO'd Wlad and had his ass handed to him by Vitali?

Sanders had murderous power and serious speed, how is Haye going to beat Vitali if Sanders couldnt? Haye had a chance vs Wlad, but we will never get to see it because Vitali is going to ruin him. Look for haye to move back down to cruiser after an ass kicking, or to target the plodding Valuev who i would say Haye has a good chance at beating
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 20 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]417766[/snapback]
So who has faster hands, Haye or the Sanders that KO'd Wlad and had his ass handed to him by Vitali?

Sanders had murderous power and serious speed, how is Haye going to beat Vitali if Sanders couldnt? Haye had a chance vs Wlad, but we will never get to see it because Vitali is going to ruin him. Look for haye to move back down to cruiser after an ass kicking, or to target the plodding Valuev who i would say Haye has a good chance at beating

1- That fight was about 4-5 years ago.
2- Sanders was about 40 years old, and in questionable shape, he is good for a few rounds and thats it.(see Rahman fight too).
3- Haye is much younger, and WAY hungrier.
4- Vitali keeps his hands down at his damn waist, his chin will be tested.
5- Though Vitali looked great against Peter, what kind of offense did Peter try to mount in that fight? None, he was a moving heavybag. So I will wait to see someone who actually tries to win against Vitali before jumping on his bandwagon.

I am not saying Vitali will definately lose, it is just I give Haye a better chance than most do. Who knows if the fight even comes off with all the different shit I keep reading.

Oh, Haye would absolutely destroy Valuev, along with a few others in the heavyweight division.
AussieLad
Agreed that version of Sanders wasnt as good as the one that destroyed Wlad, but i'd still pick that version of him to knock Haye the fuck out.
Megadeth
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 17 2008, 06:42 PM) [snapback]417171[/snapback]

What are you talking about??? Are you trying to say that these pictures aren't manly???

this one wont load, warning... view at your own risk.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunshinetrue/2088760585/
Douchebag
QUOTE(Megadeth @ Dec 22 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]417883[/snapback]
What are you talking about??? Are you trying to say that these pictures aren't manly???

this one wont load, warning... view at your own risk.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunshinetrue/2088760585/

Thank you, I now officially hate the klitchkos.
buford54
I don't know that this will help Haye. Lennox hasn't fought in years. Couple that with the fact that he was losing to Vitali up until the stoppage. Also, Haye isn't 6'5". He isn't as tall or as long as Vitali, so he'll have to fight a completely different style than Lennox did.
I guess simply having a former champ who is almost as tall as your next opponent as a sparring partner won't hurt at all...but Vitali is taller and more awkward than Lennox.
If Lennox is simply trying to get revenge for all of the crap he's taken for ending his career on Vitali...he should have considered that before retiring.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.