Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox Sports reporting PBF-Hatton II may be coming soon
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I hope this is wrong. Hatton doesn't need to be taking this fight now; Pops Mayweather has said in past interviews that Hatton needs more work. Also, PBF needs to fight a bigger challenge like Pac, Margarito, or even Williams if he is going to bother coming out of retirement.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8952...ematch?MSNHPHMA
Douchebag
Hatton is going to get KOed in Manchester now, great! The funniest KO of all time part two.
D-MARV
I hope PBF doesn't fuck this up! He needs to lay low and fight the winner of Pac-Hatton.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 17 2008, 11:03 AM) [snapback]417082[/snapback]
I hope PBF doesn't fuck this up! He needs to lay low and fight the winner of Pac-Hatton.

Agreed but I think he may need the money which is why he's taking a easy fight.
stillperpetuallygrooving
hahaha THE FUNNIEST KNOCKOUT is zab judah's bitchass when kotsya tszyu made him look like a little bitch...haha that shit was funny....but hatton running into the turnbuckle after a vicious check hook was funny as well...but at least hatton went ten rounds...judah didnt make it two, and hatton knew he was K STRAIGHT TFO, but little bitch zab actually thought he had a chance? HAHAHAHHA

but yes i have no interested in seeing this fight, unless hatton takes on pacman first and shows the boxing world he really has added dynamics to his game...essentially, we want to ensure that hatton has the multi-dimensional game needed to beat mayweather, or at least make it a more competitive fight....from what we saw against paulie he appeared to have a bit more snap his in jab, and some good lateral head movement...he has always had decent footwork, but he didnt utlize it against mayweather...if he can further improve on the aforementioned, and then implicate it with his brawling, inside pocket fighting style, then i think we have a much much better hatton...and, although still not as sound as mayweather, he would have the skills, and knowledge (mayweather sr.) to make it a good fight...
mrwigi
mayweather cannot lose to hatton, or pacquaio. the only person in the world who has a chance against floyd is someone who is goin to bully him into the ropes, and punish him with body shots. and they have to a good chin. only a few names come to mind, and i dont think i have to say there names. hatton is just not big enough or have the stamina to stay in his chest for 12 rounds, and he is not going to out box him. same thing with manny.
Maxy
I can't see Hatton fighting Mayweather again unless it's at 140. Hatton knows he can box Pac at 140 where he feels strong so I don't really buy into this.

It's probably Floyd's way of getting Pac's people to give him a big offer. Either that or Floyd feels he needs a tune-up after his lay off, so why not beat Ricky again before going in against Pac?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 17 2008, 12:22 PM) [snapback]417094[/snapback]
It's probably Floyd's way of getting Pac's people to give him a big offer. Either that or Floyd feels he needs a tune-up after his lay off, so why not beat Ricky again before going in against Pac?

Agreed. The Hatton fight is just a very lucrative tune-up....
Spyder
Does anyone else see this as an eliminator for a fight against Pac?

In any case, it works in Pac's favor. He gets to take a fight with Zab without taking flack, and it builds the pot for his match against the winner.

Brilliant move by Golden Boy!
BigG
Pac is going to make rape of Hatton's face with his fists. Pac-PBF must happen.
The Ring Dictator
Sky Sports reports on the story:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_4657980,00.html

"We had a conversation with a third party last night asking whether if we were approached by the Mayweather team could a possible rematch be on the cards," Ray Hatton told Sky Sports News.

It would be lovely to see PBF beat Hatton a second time before tuning in to the real main event.
Oh yeah, that works... cool.gif
Fadetwist
QUOTE(The Ring Dictator @ Dec 17 2008, 02:52 PM) [snapback]417107[/snapback]
Sky Sports reports on the story:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_4657980,00.html

"We had a conversation with a third party last night asking whether if we were approached by the Mayweather team could a possible rematch be on the cards," Ray Hatton told Sky Sports News.

It would be lovely to see PBF wipe Hattons ass a second time before tuning in to the real main event.
Oh yeah, that works... cool.gif

An obvious ploy by the Hatton team to get more money for the Manny vs Hatton fight. If there are other offers on he table then he has choices, making it seem he doesnt need the Manny fight.

all part of the game. cool.gif
thehype
QUOTE(Fadetwist @ Dec 17 2008, 03:05 PM) [snapback]417108[/snapback]
An obvious ploy by the Hatton team to get more money for the Manny vs Hatton fight. If there are other offers on he table then he has choices, making it seem he doesnt need the Manny fight.

all part of the game. cool.gif

clapping.gif

Well said!

I mean seriously....a third party? So Mayweathers "team" got a "third party" to ask if Hatton would be interested in another beatdown? Please!

Pacquiao vs. Hatton, May 2nd in Las Vegas.
streetlion1
Hatton showed in his fight with Paulie that Mayweather Sr. being in his corner is gonna make him a better boxer....BUT...That was against a he-she with no punching power and a lame style.

My feeling is that he'll resort back to looking like Defenseless Ricky Hatton against Pacman. He would make it a fight before getting destroyed in 6-7 rounds.

PR316
First of all I doubt this is happening. Second of all, Mayweather has nothing to gain by fighting Hatton again. I'll believe this when I see them both announcing if officially at a press conference. Until then its just talk to me.

IF PBF is coming out of retirement, it'll be to fight Pac Man and probably nobody else.
D-MARV
Pacquiao destroys a skeleton of De La Hoya, now he can just crush anyone they put in his way... LOL
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 18 2008, 02:49 AM) [snapback]417221[/snapback]
That was against a he-she with no punching power and a lame style.

You almost got it right. He is a PRE OP tranny.
Col Reb
Cotto needs to move back down to 140 and get in the action. He'll never be the top dog at 147 with those big welters there. I'd love to eventually see Hatton vs Pac and PBF vs Cotto with the winners meeting.
King Eugene
Mayweather should stay retired like Lennix. Let them talk, you still went out on top.
King Eugene
Floyd has no interest

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17526
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.