Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taver vs. Dawson II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17531

I hope Tarver gets knocked out this time but he is always strong in the rematch. I'm still rooting for Chad by another UD or late round stoppage.
Lil-lightsout
TARVER HAS GOT TO DO BETTER IN THE REMATCH, CAUSE I THOUGHT HE LOOKED LIKE SHIT THE FIRST TIME. ITS LIKE HE HAD NO SNAP TO HIS PUNCHES. Shit, wife had caps lock on, sorry. Anyway, Dawson looked awesome and did what he had to do. For the sake of seeing a competetive fight, I hope Tarver does better, but looking at recent fights with these older fighters it does not look good for Tarver(except Hopkins). But it would also be nice to see Tarver get knocked out too. Man, if Dawson would somehow lose to Tarver, I can only imagine the shit Calzaghe would talk.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 18 2008, 12:39 AM) [snapback]417263[/snapback]
TARVER HAS GOT TO DO BETTER IN THE REMATCH, CAUSE I THOUGHT HE LOOKED LIKE SHIT THE FIRST TIME. ITS LIKE HE HAD NO SNAP TO HIS PUNCHES. Shit, wife had caps lock on, sorry. Anyway, Dawson looked awesome and did what he had to do. For the sake of seeing a competetive fight, I hope Tarver does better, but looking at recent fights with these older fighters it does not look good for Tarver(except Hopkins). But it would also be nice to see Tarver get knocked out too. Man, if Dawson would somehow lose to Tarver, I can only imagine the shit Calzaghe would talk.

Shit aint good enough, he looked like Pony shit in that fight. He had nothing on his punches. In the latter rounds he was punching like Richard Hall was punching Roy LOL.

I'm sure Tarver will do a lot better, he has made his name off rematches and Roy of course.

You made a good point about these old fighters still fighting.

Nothing would make me more happier than to see Tarver stopped brutally, well I take that back seeing Joe stopped and rushed out the ring would make my month.
mexi-cutioner
TARVER>>!!>!?!?!? FUCK THAT SHTI!!!!!!! MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANNY!!!!!!!!MANNY!!!!!!!!!!MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
Dawson by "BRUTAL" KO
The Original MrFactor
I wonder why they greelit this instead of a Dawson v Johnson rematch. Dawson beat Tarver alot more convincingly than he did Johnson. I'd much rather see him in with Johnson...
torvix2000
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 18 2008, 10:47 AM) [snapback]417299[/snapback]

Mexicutioner has gone mad!!!
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 18 2008, 06:29 AM) [snapback]417305[/snapback]
I wonder why they greelit this instead of a Dawson v Johnson rematch. Dawson beat Tarver alot more convincingly than he did Johnson. I'd much rather see him in with Johnson...

Tarver had an immediate rematch clause!
Col Reb
This is a worthless fight. I understand the rematch clause, but this will not be entertaining. I'm not convinced that Dawson is the real deal; I had Glen Johnson winning their fight. I want to see Dawson in there with somebody who will push him (BHOP or Johnson again).
thehype
I hope both guys are fighting for free in this rematch considering that the first fight only drew 900 people.

laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
I think the real story here is that HBO signed Dawson to a two fight deal.
Box in Hand
Can everyone say M-A-S-S-A-C-R-E? Dawson will get better while the old man's skills will continue to diminish. Sure, a young or almost young Tarver who had a late start to his career did great in rematches but he is is 40 and it just won't work this time.
Box in Hand
Can everyone say M-A-S-S-A-C-R-E? Dawson will get better while the old man's skills will continue to diminish. Sure, a young or almost young Tarver who had a late start to his career did great in rematches but he is is 40 and it just won't work this time.
Michigan Assassin
Tarver's record in rematches has no baring on this fight. If Dawson doesn't stop him I'd be very surprised.

On a personal note, I hate Tarver and have thought he was always boring as shit. With the exception of knoking Roy's head off he has done nothing worthwhile in the ring. He talks his ass off and rarely backs him up.

Please Chad brutally knock this man out so we never have to see him again. Although knowing HBO, Tarver will lose then get 3 victories in a row against tomato cans and then get another shot ala Rahman.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(thehype @ Dec 18 2008, 08:44 AM) [snapback]417312[/snapback]
I hope both guys are fighting for free in this rematch considering that the first fight only drew 900 people.

laugh.gif

Yea Ben,

This fight might draw a huge 500!!! hahaha laugh.gif

It's a bullshit fight, we know that,

I read that CEO's at HBO said they will be doing less fights next year because of the economy and forced budget cuts. Therefore, they should reserve funds for the best possible fights, and this sure as hell isn't one of them!

Now that I know there was a forced rematch claus, maybe HBO was mandated to show this fight? I can't imagine anyone interested in seeing this match again!

Jack
Michigan Assassin
Glen Johnson lashes out at Dawson vs Tarver rematch

Johnson hits the nail on the head. I know some of it will come off as frustration from Glen but I think he's absolutely right.

I hope he gets that title shot he's next up for and takes the title, so he has more to bring to the table in getting that rematch he so desperately wants with Dawson.

BTW how could a fight fan not love Glen Johnson?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 18 2008, 06:47 AM) [snapback]417299[/snapback]

Mexi just is expressing his man love for Manny..Last night,Mexi would of let Pac-man take him from behind with no questions asked..

Dawson is scared of Glen now..Glen won their fight in my eyes and Dawson picked the guy who he dominated instead of the guy who gave him the best fight of his career..Tarver needs this win otherwise his "never lost a rematch" gimmick is GONE forever and he'll never be remembered for it..Lennox never lost a rematch offically but I think Holy beat him in their rematch..Lennox will always be remembered for it too..People will say he is undefeated because he avenged the loses..
King Eugene
Rematch Clause...Dawson had to take it so it wouldn't intefer with anything else down the road.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 19 2008, 01:27 AM) [snapback]417411[/snapback]
Rematch Clause...Dawson had to take it so it wouldn't intefer with anything else down the road.

Oh yeah..I forgot about that..

I do think Dawson would hesitate to get back in with Glen..I really think Dawson wouldn't duck anyone but at first I thought he might of..I'm a big fan of all 3 of these guys..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 19 2008, 12:32 AM) [snapback]417418[/snapback]
Oh yeah..I forgot about that..

I do think Dawson would hesitate to get back in with Glen..I really think Dawson wouldn't duck anyone but at first I thought he might of..I'm a big fan of all 3 of these guys..

Fuck Tarver

for the record I hope he gets Oscar'd
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 19 2008, 01:44 AM) [snapback]417425[/snapback]
Fuck Tarver

for the record I hope he gets Oscar'd

HAHA..Everyone hopes he gets Oscar'd..The only guy Tarver should be fighting now is Roy Jones..hahaha..I always was a fan of Tarver and still am even though he really sucked in his last few fights..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 19 2008, 12:57 AM) [snapback]417434[/snapback]
HAHA..Everyone hopes he gets Oscar'd..The only guy Tarver should be fighting now is Roy Jones..hahaha..I always was a fan of Tarver and still am even though he really sucked in his last few fights..

Please explain to me why in the hell he should be fighting Roy? I'm a Roy fan but honestly who in the hell would buy that shit besides me an a couple hundred other people? And then at that I'd be watching it with my hand over my face with a little crack between the ring finger and middle finger looking with one eye hoping Roy dont get caught again.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 19 2008, 02:13 AM) [snapback]417442[/snapback]
Please explain to me why in the hell he should be fighting Roy? I'm a Roy fan but honestly who in the hell would buy that shit besides me an a couple hundred other people? And then at that I'd be watching it with my hand over my face with a little crack between the ring finger and middle finger looking with one eye hoping Roy dont get caught again.

Tarver and Roy are both shot,that's why..Why should they be fighting guy with high outputs when they can't do that anymore,ya know??
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 19 2008, 01:16 AM) [snapback]417444[/snapback]
Tarver and Roy are both shot,that's why..Why should they be fighting guy with high outputs when they can't do that anymore,ya know??

RETIRE....one goes to the Hall of Fame and the other goes to the Hall of Shame.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 19 2008, 02:19 AM) [snapback]417445[/snapback]
RETIRE....one goes to the Hall of Fame and the other goes to the Hall of Shame.

Exactly,but they both don't want to..They are both looking for fights now and obviously Tarver has one now..
King Eugene
Sometimes thats all fighters know..........FIGHT. The egos sometimes get in the way of logical thinking as to when to hang up the gloves. If you want to stay in the sport become a manager, trainer, or promoter. Dont put your fans and family through the disatisfaction of seeing you seriously hurt in the ring.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 19 2008, 01:13 AM) [snapback]417442[/snapback]
And then at that I'd be watching it with my hand over my face with a little crack between the ring finger and middle finger looking with one eye hoping Roy dont get caught again.

LMAO!!!
jlupi
this fight belongs an versus. HBO should have refused it
thefloatingmonkey
Argh! There are so many better fights HBO could have picked up. This fight will be another one sided beating courtesy of Dawson!
JLUVBABY
to many fights are being made with rematch clauses... lennox lewis talked of suing tyson for a rematch after he won....lol... how can anybody want to see dawson vs. tarver again.. i'd rather see dawson beat on roy jones than watch tarver again... and who ever said the fight belongs on versus is right.. that is not an hbo caliber fight... wanna talk about what ruins the sport this is an example... its a shit fight that nobody will go to unless they just wanna get out of the house and maybe bring a date to the fights an get loaded on the expensive beer...lol
streetlion1
Tarver waited until the 12th round to fight in their first fight so I think in this fight he does it sooner. It'll get him K.Oed as a result. Tarver at this point is too slow.

Dawson is gonna brutalize him and finally shut his mouth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.