Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins, Taylor, or Dawson Dont Want none.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17527

He is going the right way about calling fighters out. No insults or badgering at all. He is trying to prove himself against the best in the states early in his career during his prime. You got to respect the man. Out of these 6 fighters which one do you think will step up to the challenge?
STEVENSKI
Kessler is a warrior who wants to fight. Something alien to a lot of so called great fighters today.
King Eugene
You got to respect Kessler. I hope he gets his big fight and actually wins one. He deserves it. I think he is very underrated by the casual fan.
Lil-lightsout
Hopkins-No way, not a big name or money fight.
Calzaghe- That pussy is retiring.
Dawson- I think Chad would take the fight. Great fight.
Wright- I hope not,I have zero interest in this fight.
Taylor- Doubt it, but I would LOVE to see JT get KTFO again.
Pavlik- Maybe. Kessler would beat him too.
BigG
No offense to Kessler but wasn't his manager the one turning down fight after fight (ala Winky)
BigG
He turned down Winky...
King Eugene
I dont know, I'll have to look into that one.

But I do remember something like that. I remember Miranda calling out Winky once.
BigG
About a month or two his manager turned down Winky..I read it on boxingscene. But it seems like he wants the big guys now....props to him.

Taylor-Kessler!
King Eugene
Ok I remember now, he turned down the Winky Wright fight before he turned down the Miranda fight and then Miranda called out Winky Wright, then Kessler and Miranda was signed and he then backed out of that. Yea I remember reading about that on boxingscene.com. I'll look and see if I can find the article.
King Eugene
I couldn't find it but I did find an article where Kessler turned down Miranda to fight Mundine. LOL
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=13337
mexi-cutioner
KESSLERS A BITCH!!!!!!!!! MANNYU MANNY MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
Kessler defeats Winky.
BrutalBodyShots
I'd take Kessler over a fresh, active Winky in a competitive fight... but being that Winky is not in a fresh, active state give me Kessler over him in clear, borderline dominant performance.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 18 2008, 06:55 PM) [snapback]417331[/snapback]
Once again, it was because Mundine was holding a major world title. Mundine then vacated the title because he didn't want Kessler, moved to 160 and that is why he didn't take the fight.
It's what I said before, him fighting for a vacant title, it's just that Mundine vacated it.

Fitz seems to own people who get in his way on here.

Reminder to self: Do not disagree with Fitz in future.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 18 2008, 05:19 PM) [snapback]417353[/snapback]
Fitz seems to own people who get in his way on here.

Reminder to self: Do not disagree with Fitz in future.

Not to sound like a kiss ass, but out all the posters here I would say Fitz' opinions or statements are the most respectable to me(Stevenski, yours are worst, you let your hate get in the way). laugh.gif Alot of people here allow there favoritism and or hatred sway there remarks sometimes, ME INCLUDED. That saying, there are alot of awesome posters here, I just think Fitz does not let his emotions sway his statements. Just my opinion.
STEVENSKI
I am going to try & get back to being the old me on here & post genuine thoughts & breakdowns on fighters etc. I assume most of you know I do my hating for a laugh although I do dislike Roy quite a bit.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 18 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]417363[/snapback]
I am going to try & get back to being the old me on here & post genuine thoughts & breakdowns on fighters etc. I assume most of you know I do my hating for a laugh although I do dislike Roy quite a bit.

Just be yourself man, I was just busting your chops. Some genuine stuff would be nice too.
STEVENSKI
My haterizing is bringing me down as it makes up 90% of my posts on here. It should be the other way around.
Method
Yeah, but what about that big fight opportunity Kessler had that he completely backed out of after making RIDICULOUSdemands. You can't forget about that while you're all heaping this much praise on him.
streetlion1
He MIGHT be able to give Taylor a few problems but he gets whipped by B-Hop or Dawson.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 18 2008, 01:55 PM) [snapback]417331[/snapback]
Once again, it was because Mundine was holding a major world title. Mundine then vacated the title because he didn't want Kessler, moved to 160 and that is why he didn't take the fight.
It's what I said before, him fighting for a vacant title, it's just that Mundine vacated it.

That had nothing to do with what you said before. I had already stated I couldn't find the article.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 18 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]417332[/snapback]
Mundine is probably better than Miranda anyways, so I don't know what's funny.

I was laughing cause he wanted to fight Mundine yet Mundine turned it down and I was anticipating a anti-Mundine remark from Steven.
And I disagree, I dont think Mundine is better than Miranda but thats a whole nother thread.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 18 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]417363[/snapback]

I've told you before that its not healthy for you to hide your man love for the ATG, Mr. Unstoppable, Mr. And Still, Roy Jones Jr.
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 18 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]417365[/snapback]
My haterizing is bringing me down as it makes up 90% of my posts on here. It should be the other way around.

Steve... don't change shit, You're a legend! That shit you spit is classic. I know that most of the stuff you say are for laughs. 90% of what you say may be hatred but 90% of what you say is funny. The other 10% is about RJJ which isn't so funny. aggressive.gif

Lil Lightsout, I agree with you! Fitz is a beast. I bet he's a real chill dude and someone I would kick it with.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 19 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]417432[/snapback]
Yes it did.
  1. Kessler became Mundine's mandatory.
  2. Miranda fight was up in the air
  3. Kessler turned down the fight
  4. A week or so later, Mundine runs from 168 to 160, and as Kessler was Mundines mandatory, he got a fight at a vacant world title against Garay.
What I said before did connect to this, it's just that I jumped straight to the last step and didn't explain what happened earlier.

Did you not read the whole thing. I said the only reason I posted that article was to get Stevenski going about Mundine backing out of a fight. I already knew you where right about him going for a belt. I wasn't disputing that buddy. Hell if I was Kessler I would have done the same thing. Besides Miranda was shut up by Abraham so I was already off that subject.
ROLL DEEP
Whats with all the Ozzie ass licking?

laugh.gif
BigG
3King, the headline I read was recent..2 months ago...the title was "Kessler turns down Wright for Janurary" flat out if I remember.

But then again, their were so many discussions about Winky fighting Kesser/Abraham at the time, I could've got Abraham/Kessler mixed up..but I'm pretty sure Winky was turned down by one of them.
Method
Yup. Kessler turned down Wright and Miranda all this hands across america for this robotic fuck. Fuck em.

Fitzie is the man, but he far from "down the middle"
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 19 2008, 06:16 PM) [snapback]417527[/snapback]
3King, the headline I read was recent..2 months ago...the title was "Kessler turns down Wright for Janurary" flat out if I remember.

But then again, their were so many discussions about Winky fighting Kesser/Abraham at the time, I could've got Abraham/Kessler mixed up..but I'm pretty sure Winky was turned down by one of them.

I remember Abraham turning him down. I believe I caught that on one here.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Dec 19 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]417525[/snapback]
Whats with all the Ozzie ass licking?

laugh.gif

We can't help it if you are a midlands scumbag mate. Don't worry I live in shithole Sydney so I can'ttalk but I suppose it is better than the midlands.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 22 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]417930[/snapback]
We can't help it if you are a midlands scumbag mate. Don't worry I live in shithole Sydney so I can'ttalk but I suppose it is better than the midlands.

Better than the sunny midlands? Nah....it's the centre of the universe here.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 22 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]417930[/snapback]

Question...you've ever met Glen Kelly or are you Glen Kelly?
Mean Mister Mustard
Why does Kessler think it is important to fight for the WBA title? Out of the 3 major alphabet organizations the WBA has shown to be the worst.

Anyway isn't Taylor fighting Wright now? Those 2 guys are out, Hopkins is not fighting Kessler and neither is Dawson. If I'm Kessler I'd go for Bute just to cement his standing in the 168 pound division as it would be for the Ring Magazine belt.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 24 2008, 03:48 AM) [snapback]418032[/snapback]
Question...you've ever met Glen Kelly or are you Glen Kelly?

Nah the closest I came was at the Briggs vs Kunga fight. I swear the punch Briggs dropped him with sounded like a pistol shot. All his Abo hangers on were so upset.
MarzB
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 19 2008, 09:48 PM) [snapback]417547[/snapback]
Yup. Kessler turned down Wright and Miranda all this hands across america for this robotic fuck. Fuck em.

Fitzie is the man, but he far from "down the middle"

Basically. He has a good jab, thats all I see in him. Minus that, he's a stereotypical European fighter. Straight up, limited offense, flat footed, defense is just putting his hands up. If he really wanted to make a fight 168-175 difference is very small.

Why didn't he mention Glen Johnson's name??
The CEO
QUOTE(Meth)
Kessler turned down Wright and Miranda all this hands across america for this robotic fuck. Fuck em.

QUOTE(MarzB @ Dec 24 2008, 09:37 PM) [snapback]418124[/snapback]
Basically. He has a good jab, thats all I see in him. Minus that, he's a stereotypical European fighter. Straight up, limited offense, flat footed, defense is just putting his hands up. If he really wanted to make a fight 168-175 difference is very small.

Why didn't he mention Glen Johnson's name??

+2 Extra Strength.

and why no Abraham?
Fitz
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 25 2008, 01:53 PM) [snapback]418126[/snapback]
+2 Extra Strength.
and why no Abraham?

Probably has something to do with Kessler being a super middle and Abraham being a middle laugh.gif

Seriously C.E.O, I know you don't like Kessler, but give him a break, lol. The dude calls out Dawson, Wright, Hopkins, Taylor, Pavlik and Calazghe who all fought at 168 and plus (except Pavlik, but has fought 2 of his recent fights above 160), and all you have to say is. Why not middleweight Abraham? lol. Seriously man, cut him some slack.
The CEO
Sorry, Fitz....I know he's a nice and likeable guy....but I refuse to cut him some slack when it comes to his in ring ability and overall worth....which is the way all fighters should be judged ultimately....for their skills and not for their persona outside the ring....

Calzaghe fans overrate the shit outta Kessler....when the truth of the matter is he's nothing special at all...so in other words....he's NOT a force, and he's in the way....so he's gotta get bashed....laugh.gif

and yes...Abraham is a Middle....but it's my feeling that Kessler knows Abraham would pound him out.....so he's keeping that particular name out his mouth....
Big Slim Sweet
Kessler's a good fighter but that's about it. I see him coming in second against almost every other fighter on that list. Basically he's solid enough to be competitive but will lose to the very best.

Fitz is a good poster here - I'd call him the 2008 fighthype MVP for his combination of quantity and quality - but he's not the most unbiased. He does a pretty good job of not fawning over the guys he favors, but when it comes to guys he dislikes (ahem--Kelly Pavlik) he tends to let his bias show. Sorry bro.

I'd say JD is the most level-headed poster around. Aside from the fact he picks everyone from Jaidon Codrington to Mia St John to knock Jermain Taylor out he's got to be the best here at playing it straight.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 23 2008, 10:55 PM) [snapback]418036[/snapback]
Why does Kessler think it is important to fight for the WBA title? Out of the 3 major alphabet organizations the WBA has shown to be the worst.

I think that's debatable. The WBC, in my opinion, is a tough act to follow in that regard...
Fitz
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 26 2008, 03:51 AM) [snapback]418151[/snapback]
Sorry, Fitz....I know he's a nice and likeable guy....but I refuse to cut him some slack when it comes to his in ring ability and overall worth....which is the way all fighters should be judged ultimately....for their skills and not for their persona outside the ring....

Calzaghe fans overrate the shit outta Kessler....when the truth of the matter is he's nothing special at all...so in other words....he's NOT a force, and he's in the way....so he's gotta get bashed....laugh.gif

and yes...Abraham is a Middle....but it's my feeling that Kessler knows Abraham would pound him out.....so he's keeping that particular name out his mouth....

I don't think people overrate Kessler at all, I only see a select few rating him. It's just kinda weird in general to see people so high on Pavlik and then completely cut Kessler off. But hopefully we will find out what he is made of in 2009.

QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 26 2008, 08:57 AM) [snapback]418153[/snapback]
Kessler's a good fighter but that's about it. I see him coming in second against almost every other fighter on that list. Basically he's solid enough to be competitive but will lose to the very best.

Fitz is a good poster here - I'd call him the 2008 fighthype MVP for his combination of quantity and quality - but he's not the most unbiased. He does a pretty good job of not fawning over the guys he favors, but when it comes to guys he dislikes (ahem--Kelly Pavlik) he tends to let his bias show. Sorry bro.

I'd say JD is the most level-headed poster around. Aside from the fact he picks everyone from Jaidon Codrington to Mia St John to knock Jermain Taylor out he's got to be the best here at playing it straight.

I think Kessler is solid, not great. I think he will have some solid wins here and there and then find himself a level below others in other fights. Out of the 6 names he mentioned, I would pick him over Wright and Taylor, he would lose with Hopkins and Calzaghe (again), I have not seen enough of Dawson to make a safe pick (but from what I seen, I think Dawson would take it) and against Pavlik, it could be fairly close but I would give the edge to Kessler. I think that's about the fighter he is.
Thanks for the compliments, but I also don't think I'm too bias. I agree that it's easier for me to call things the way I see it with my favourite fighters, I can score them losing pretty easily, but can also do the same to fighters I really dislike. I just tend to show more emotions towards fighters I dislike, to fighters I like.
You are right that I don't like Pavlik, and said that from the start, but I still felt from the start I judged him fairly, and after seeing him with Hopkins, I think I made a fair call towards him as well. He is decent, but far, far from the fighter he was portrayed as. I really dislike Mayweather and Calzaghe, and there have been some (positive) areas that I do defend them in. I think I can be pretty unbias, but I still show feelings towards them.
Mean Mister Mustard
One of the reasons Kessler has ries above most of his European counterparts it is because he does almopst everything well, plus he has natural talent (speed, power) the drawback is, like many here mentioned, is his European style which tends to be robotic. He will be very hard to beat though, one of the reaons he lost to Calzaghe was mainly the activity factor, he could not handle it. Still he showed me good things in that fight, accurate hands, stamina and combos.
Fitz
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 26 2008, 01:19 PM) [snapback]418160[/snapback]
One of the reasons Kessler has ries above most of his European counterparts it is because he does almopst everything well, plus he has natural talent (speed, power) the drawback is, like many here mentioned, is his European style which tends to be robotic. He will be very hard to beat though, one of the reaons he lost to Calzaghe was mainly the activity factor, he could not handle it. Still he showed me good things in that fight, accurate hands, stamina and combos.

Exactly my thoughts, and agreed on the Calzaghe fight. I thought he was ok and was pretty much even with Calazghe and did good things, until Kessler became fatigued and Calzaghe stayed the same (but you find that with a lot of fighters when in there with Joe).
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 25 2008, 11:22 PM) [snapback]418167[/snapback]
Exactly my thoughts, and agreed on the Calzaghe fight. I thought he was ok and was pretty much even with Calazghe and did good things, until Kessler became fatigued and Calzaghe stayed the same (but you find that with a lot of fighters when in there with Joe).

He could not keep up with him but in that last round he turned on the afterburners and connected with some good shots. He actually won that round I believe. Calzaghe had to fight his ass off to win that one. To me this was Cazlaghe's best showing against a quality fighter.
BigG
The Jones and Kessler fights were very similar (in terms of scoring).

To be honest, after watching Jones-Calzaghe again, it wasn't as one-sided as a figured. I thought you could give maybe 3-4 rounds to Jones at most because alot of Joe's shit hit gloves and Jones landed more than I originally thought.

Like Kessler, Jones actually had the lead after 6.

Joe shook his ass everytime Jones hit him. Actually, he shook his ass more than he landed clean punches. IMO it seemed more dominant than it was because of Joe's taunting but to be honest he wasn't even doing much as well.

Joe CalFAGGY. CalSLAPPY
Fitz
Calzaghe vs Kessler was much more competitive than Calzaghe vs Jones IMO.
BigG
Only slightly IMO...Calzaghe just fought more against Kessler and taunted more against Jones.

The 3rd Tarver fight was more one-sided than the Calzaghe fight..
BigG
Kessler needs to do more. Mundine is just a poor mans Judah IMO...and that's Kessler best win. And he also beat the guy that beat Mundine for the WBA title and Andrade...Kessler should fight Lucian Bute and Glen Johnson.
Blayde
Well comparing Kesslers win over Andrade with Butes that one looks pretty good in his record biggrin.gif

Bute seems to be interested in a voluntary defense against Mads Larsen before he has to fight Andrade (or the Andrade-Tsypko winner) again. How da hell did Tsypko get an eliminator by the way!?

I also read Froch made Kessler an offer to unify. If HBO really is silly enough to make Taylor-Winky instead of the Froch fight, Kessler vs. Froch would be a great option. The winner (Kessler I believe) would have 2 belts. With 2 belts getting a big fight should be much easier.

I definitely have a very high opinion of Kessler. Right now the only threats I see for him are Ward and Dirrell because they are so fast. Taylor is, too, but I believe he is too vulnerable and possibly not able to go a high pace to beat Kessler. And Id also pick Kessler against Ward and Dirrell as both also seem to be quiet vulnerable. They might have the speed to outbox Kessler at times, though. Mundine had to, but he still didnt have a chance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.