Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soto vs. Lorenzo II: Round by Round/Postfight: Everything Here
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all comments and discussions about the Lorenzo-Soto rematch. For the WBC Jr. Lightweight Title. Please note that the start time listed is what is shown on my TWC Digital Guide. So I hope those clowns have the right info. I apologize in advance if this information is not correct. But it should be OK. (I could not find any other site data that gave the start time.)

I look forward to this fight and have my DVR set. Also thanks to anyone helping us translate the Spanish TV broadcast. (I have always longed for a special SAP audio track in English for channels like Telemundo, Azteca, and Telefutura.) I was kind of thinking, given the controversy of the first fight that this could have been put on HBO to attract a wider audience. It certainly deserves more pre-fight coverage than it's getting!

Anyway, put your comments on the rematch and or any round by round stuff here.

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
Is anyone going to watch this one? Can't be less entertaining than Holy-Valuev
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 20 2008, 09:46 PM) [snapback]417765[/snapback]
Is anyone going to watch this one? Can't be less entertaining than Holy-Valuev

LOL!!! I am. I have got Soto TKO 7.

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
I guess just you and me Jack, oh and Krooked who seems to be hovering around.

I think Soto will try and batter Lorenzo again to punish him for the 1st time.
iron_mike
Are there enough points in a round to deduct for Lorenzo?
Mean Mister Mustard
This Lorenzo is crazy.
iron_mike
Lorenzo is dirty....but he's funny!
Jack 1000
WOW!!!

I did not know that this was gonna be a three hour presentation and had to add some "emergency" time to my DVR. I think I got the whole fight, but that's the thing with timed recording.

It was a better more competitive fight than the first, but very sloppy and REALLY dirty stuff from Lorenzo. Soto won almost all the rounds on my card and the officials alike. The Spanish telecast does make things a bit more confusing to follow however. Jay Nady ref'ed and I think he took at least two points from Lorenzo for his dirty tactics. (Anyone know exactly how many points were taken off?) Good news is that Soto has avenged his loss, and everyone (except the Nevada State Athletic Commission) saw what a crock of shit that DQ ruling was in the first fight.

Now at least Soto has Lorenzo out of his life, so he can move on to bigger bouts.

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 21 2008, 02:26 AM) [snapback]417779[/snapback]
WOW!!!

I did not know that this was gonna be a three hour presentation and had to add some "emergency" time to my DVR. I think I got the whole fight, but that's the thing with timed recording.

It was a better more competitive fight than the first, but very sloppy and REALLY dirty stuff from Lorenzo. Soto won almost all the rounds on my card and the officials alike. The Spanish telecast does make things a bit more confusing to follow however. Jay Nady ref'ed and I think he took at least two points from Lorenzo for his dirty tactics. (Anyone know exactly how many points were taken off?) Good news is that Soto has avenged his loss, and everyone (except the Nevada State Athletic Commission) saw what a crock of shit that DQ ruling was in the first fight.

Now at least Soto has Lorenzo out of his life, so he can move on to bigger bouts.

Jack

I believe he was deducted 2 points however, the announcers felt Nady was allowing Lorenzo to get away with a lot. Soto struggled, especially the last 2 rounds which might indicate he was not in ideal fighting shape but he won despite his cardiorespiratory problems and Lorenzo's unsportsmanlike tactics.

It is interesting to note that Soto had a rough year. The DQ against Loenzo, a dirty fight with some Mexican dude and another one with Lorenzo. Hope he gets some quality opponents next year.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.