Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if Manny Pac...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
deafeated Hatton, Mayweather, Cotto, and Margarito in the next 2 years... LOL, Where would he be on the P4P all time list?

Roach seems to think that is possible...

Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2008, 08:31 AM) [snapback]417949[/snapback]
deafeated Hatton, Mayweather, Cotto, and Margarito in the next 2 years... LOL, Where would he be on the P4P all time list?

goat

Spyder
I wouldn't go THAT far...Mayweather is the only al time great on that list, but his name in addition to Morales/Barrera/Marquez/De La Hoya...you'd have to move him next to Armstrong. Possibly surpassing him for the number 2 spot.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 23 2008, 09:22 AM) [snapback]417952[/snapback]
I wouldn't go THAT far...Mayweather is the only al time great on that list, but his name in addition to Morales/Barrera/Marquez/De La Hoya...you'd have to move him next to Armstrong. Possibly surpassing him for the number 2 spot.

Beating those guys in there primes would be a tall order for a guy that started at 106. The argument for him at number one would be very strong. I don't see it happening though.
D-MARV
Beating Hatton and Mayweather alone would be incredible!
Box in Hand
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2008, 07:31 AM) [snapback]417949[/snapback]

Ha, Roach is smoking too many roaches. He's over confident at the little man's skills. He can only beat Hatton, the other three are out of his league.
mexi-cutioner
If Pacquiao beats Hatton, Mayweather, JMM in a third fight DECISIVELY, Cotto and wins another world title in Jr.welter or welter b4 he retires....i think that woudl be enough to solidify him as a top 10 ATG, considering we're talking about a guy who came up from 106 pounds, beat the best fighters in his division and has moved up as high as 147
mexi-cutioner
I mention Cotto and not Margarito, because realistically, i think margarito is just too massive for Pac and Margarito would walk through Pacs punches and eventually break him down just like Cotto. Cotto would definitely be Pacs hardest punching opponent, but i think Pac could definitely outspeed and outhustle Cotto if he jumps in, throws Cotto and turns him similar to what Pac did to DLH
Douchebag
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Dec 23 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]417967[/snapback]
I mention Cotto and not Margarito, because realistically, i think margarito is just too massive for Pac and Margarito would walk through Pacs punches and eventually break him down just like Cotto. Cotto would definitely be Pacs hardest punching opponent, but i think Pac could definitely outspeed and outhustle Cotto if he jumps in, throws Cotto and turns him similar to what Pac did to DLH

Provided that Cotto isn't ruined Pac would have to contend with Cotto's excellent Jab and the fact that he could switch to southpaw on him at any given time. I think Cotto would BEAT him a maybe even give him a BEATING. Cotto has deceptive hand and footspeed so I don't think Manny can duplicat what he did to Oscar with Cotto.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 23 2008, 11:55 AM) [snapback]417970[/snapback]
Provided that Cotto isn't ruined Pac would have to contend with Cotto's excellent Jab and the fact that he could switch to southpaw on him at any given time. I think Cotto would BEAT him a maybe even give him a BEATING. Cotto has deceptive hand and footspeed so I don't think Manny can duplicat what he did to Oscar with Cotto.

%1000 agreed,.....all pending ofcoarse if Cotto isnt ruined....good point...

Cotto would beat Pacman........sry
mrwigi
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 23 2008, 09:22 AM) [snapback]417952[/snapback]

I wuld have to agree. the only name i can think on that list he can actually beat is hatton. and even that would be a close fight. But to start where pac did and beat just about everyone in his realm, he would be in the top 3 p4p all time.
kidbazooka1
Sh*t If Manny beat all of those guys decisivley IMO he would surpasse Robinson as the GOAT. But I think the only guy that he can whoop is hatton and possibly Mayweather. Cotto and Maragrito would break Manny. But regardless Manny is already a bad muthaf*cker and an all time great.
Spyder
Who the fuck is Margarito or Miguel Cotto from an all time perspective? Or even Ricky Hatton for that matter?

Beating Floyd Mayweather...ALONE, would make Manny a top 3 ATG. I don't care if he fought another fight, before or after that. Ricky Hatton might give him a little boost based on the fact that he beat Kostya Tszyu, but even that would just be icing. The real substance is Mayweather.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 23 2008, 02:41 PM) [snapback]417993[/snapback]
Who the fuck is Margarito or Miguel Cotto from an all time perspective? Or even Ricky Hatton for that matter?

Beating Floyd Mayweather...ALONE, would make Manny a top 3 ATG. I don't care if he fought another fight, before or after that. Ricky Hatton might give him a little boost based on the fact that he beat Kostya Tszyu, but even that would just be icing. The real substance is Mayweather.

Well fucking said. Mayweather is also the only undefeated one of the bunch and he is the pinnacle.
JonnyBlaze
No one Pac-man would be #1 P4P all time if he beat these guys..Sugar Ray Robinson earned his spot there and I really don't see anyone ever topping him..

If there was no SRR,Ali wouldn't of been the boxer that he was..SRR is the guy he used to help create his style..Ali has said it before plenty of times..Just thought I'd throw that out there since Ali is in my opinion the #1 best heavyweight ever..
caneman
He would be way up there, that is for sure! I think he is already on the list & I don't care who disagrees, has a far better legacy than PBF! I'll say #3 though I dunno how anyone could hate Pacman.
kidbazooka1
Pac man is a greater fighter than Mayweather and I don't give a f*ck what anyone says about that.
King Eugene
Man this Manny nutthugging and bandwagoning is at an all time high. We still have a lot of people still high on the fight but hey I wont knock ya for it.

Shit we got drum majors, the drumline, the tuba line, cheerleaders, and the dancers.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 23 2008, 10:58 PM) [snapback]418042[/snapback]
Man this Manny nutthugging and bandwagoning is at an all time high. We still have a lot of people still high on the fight but hey I wont knock ya for it.

Shit we got drum majors, the drumline, the tuba line, cheerleaders, and the dancers.

lol lay off the Pacquiao nuthuggers, hes got passionate fans especially us filipinos, it's not like the ppl in the phillipines have much to celebrate anyway. Role models like Manny Pacquiao are what allow us to be proud of r roots and where we're from despite the fact most in the phillipines live in poverty....
caneman
QUOTE(3King3 @ Dec 24 2008, 01:58 AM) [snapback]418042[/snapback]

Better than sucking on what your boi Roy Jones & PBF done offered up...you are the freaking hugger thinking Roid has something left! Pacman has everything left, fights ANYONE, doesn't doesn't bad mouth, takes REAL challenges & is humble....we can't say that about your hero's can we king....yea, I know, Roid beat the GREAT John Ruiz. Pfffffffffffffft laugh.gif He does look great in my sig though! clapping.gif
Method
The only one on that list that Manny has the best chance to beat is Ricky Hatton...and to be honest, Im not even sure how that plays out. I think of all the people on that list, Margarito absolutely pummels him. PUMMELS! That is not a testament to any implied greatness on Margarito's part, but rather my thought based purely on the physical attributes of both guys, coupled with their respective styles. I think PBF has the second best chance at finessing a win over Paq. The Cotto fight would probably be one of the best match ups, as they have similar styles, however that fight would really depend on the weight. At 147, Cotto could be very very strong vs Paq. would be a great match up. To be honest, all four of those fights are awesome. LLet me tell you this, if ALL 4 of those fights come to pass, there will be absolutely NOTHING left of Manny Paq. He'll be laid up on a couch in a pair of tube socks watching a 20 inch TV with a clothes hanger antennae next to Meldrick Taylor.
Fitz
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 25 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]418052[/snapback]
The only one on that list that Manny has the best chance to beat is Ricky Hatton...and to be honest, Im not even sure how that plays out. I think of all the people on that list, Margarito absolutely pummels him. PUMMELS! That is not a testament to any implied greatness on Margarito's part, but rather my thought based purely on the physical attributes of both guys, coupled with their respective styles. I think PBF has the second best chance at finessing a win over Paq. The Cotto fight would probably be one of the best match ups, as they have similar styles, however that fight would really depend on the weight. At 147, Cotto could be very very strong vs Paq. would be a great match up. To be honest, all four of those fights are awesome. LLet me tell you this, if ALL 4 of those fights come to pass, there will be absolutely NOTHING left of Manny Paq. He'll be laid up on a couch in a pair of tube socks watching a 20 inch TV with a clothes hanger antennae next to Meldrick Taylor.

Agreed.
caneman
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 24 2008, 08:55 AM) [snapback]418052[/snapback]

Good post JB, Pacman is really too small @ 147 & we know that margarito, cotto & williams are HUGE @ 147! The funny part is, in time I could actually see him fight 1 or 2 of these guys but it will probably be PBF if the contract can be made. PBF thinks in his mind that he is DLH in the way of PPV's & I don't agree really...his PPV #'s was from who he fought not from him!
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 24 2008, 09:47 AM) [snapback]418056[/snapback]
Good post JB, Pacman is really too small @ 147 & we know that margarito, cotto & williams are HUGE @ 147! The funny part is, in time I could actually see him fight 1 or 2 of these guys but it will probably be PBF if the contract can be made. PBF thinks in his mind that he is DLH in the way of PPV's & I don't agree really...his PPV #'s was from who he fought not from him!

LOL... for once we had a few posts going without PBF's name being brought up and SOMEONE had to take a shot at him. LOL... PBF is the man!
Fitz
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 25 2008, 02:07 AM) [snapback]418057[/snapback]
LOL... for once we had a few posts going without PBF's name being brought up

Yup. I don't know how anyone can bring up his name when the author of the thread mentions him in the opening post. Seems strange that someone would bring up his name.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 24 2008, 10:12 AM) [snapback]418058[/snapback]
Yup. I don't know how anyone can bring up his name when the author of the thread mentions him in the opening post. Seems strange that someone would bring up his name.

LOL... You're right.

But I was referring to the Floyd Hatred!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 23 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]417993[/snapback]

Who the fuck are they?......Proberbly the only two fighters that ("An All Time Great"...) PBF wont go near........
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 24 2008, 10:17 AM) [snapback]418059[/snapback]
LOL... You're right.
But I was referring to the Floyd Hatred!

Really, how could i hate him when he says he is better than SRR & has 2 hall of famers on his resume! Silly me huh? dntknw.gif

You should get your posters & manties bruh! cool.gif
Snoop
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 24 2008, 05:34 PM) [snapback]418066[/snapback]
Really, how could i hate him when he says he is better than SRR & has 2 hall of famers on his resume! Silly me huh? dntknw.gif

You should get your posters & manties bruh! cool.gif

LOL. Where the hell did you get that? You didn't make it did you?
D-MARV
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Dec 24 2008, 03:26 PM) [snapback]418075[/snapback]
LOL. Where the hell did you get that? You didn't make it did you?

He throws it in every Floyd Mayweather thread so he must have it saved to his computer... LOL
caneman
laugh.gif Dam sure did just for the PBF hugger's! Funny part is if he showed us what he said he was...I would say he was GOD too! Til then, screw him & I pray he is reading this! He MIGHT turn into the next coming after all! BTW I got it from maxboxing from dobie. He probably did make it! Happy Holidays to all of you! And sorry damarvelous1 but @ this point Pacman>>>>PBF even if PBF is more skilled! And EVERY PBF post? LMFAO! ok! laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 24 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]418083[/snapback]
laugh.gif Dam sure did just for the PBF hugger's! Funny part is if he showed us what he said he was...I would say he was GOD too! Til then, screw him & I pray he is reading this! He MIGHT turn into the next coming after all! BTW I got it from maxboxing from dobie. He probably did make it! Happy Holidays to all of you! And sorry damarvelous1 but @ this point Pacman>>>>PBF even if PBF is more skilled! And EVERY PBF post? LMFAO! ok! laugh.gif

You're correct! at this point Pac>>>Mayweather. Floyd is retired...

I know them suckers over at Maxboxing made that poster... Truth is, it's funny as shit. LOL
caneman
I know you do! It's not just retired either!!!! Look you got me wrong...PBF has MAD skills but he hurt his legacy just going for $$$! I am old school & think they should fight for their $$$! Not have 2 big PPV's & say I am better than SRR...come on, you know boxing even as a young buck & while I know you like a stylish, it's Pacman>>PBF cause of legacy bro.
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 24 2008, 06:38 PM) [snapback]418100[/snapback]
I know you do! It's not just retired either!!!! Look you got me wrong...PBF has MAD skills but he hurt his legacy just going for $$$! I am old school & think they should fight for their $$$! Not have 2 big PPV's & say I am better than SRR...come on, you know boxing even as a young buck & while I know you like a stylish, it's Pacman>>PBF cause of legacy bro.

Im not going to argue that... Pac's resume is impressive.

But what if Floyd comes back and knocks Manny out?
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 24 2008, 06:46 PM) [snapback]418102[/snapback]
Im not going to argue that... Pac's resume is impressive.

But what if Floyd comes back and knocks Manny out?

Fine by me! I would love to see him be what he says he is! friends.gif I don't think he will KO Pacman @ 140 though & that PBF will have his hands full! As great as PBF is, I don't see that fight(again @ 140) being a forgone conclusion by any means! I think if you get PBF bitching, punch up & down(as much down as you can)& still get off & get out...PBF isn't unbeatable vs pacman. I have my doubts about it getting signed though! See IMO PBF does think he is DLH, he'll want 70-30%, a huge ring, half the gate & PPV's & anything else he thinks of! Watch man! You will see! And for me, I would rather watch Pacman any day @ this point @ least! Again, PBF could erase that in a heart beat but will not!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 24 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]418104[/snapback]
Fine by me! I would love to see him be what he says he is! friends.gif I don't think he will KO Pacman @ 140 though & that PBF will have his hands full! As great as PBF is, I don't see that fight(again @ 140) being a forgone conclusion by any means! I think if you get PBF bitching, punch up & down(as much down as you can)& still get off & get out...PBF isn't unbeatable vs pacman. I have my doubts about it getting signed though! See IMO PBF does think he is DLH, he'll want 70-30%, a huge ring, half the gate & PPV's & anything else he thinks of! Watch man! You will see! And for me, I would rather watch Pacman any day @ this point @ least! Again, PBF could erase that in a heart beat but will not!

Ironically I think PBF was @ his best @ the lower weight......
BigG
Margarito & Cotto would physically punish Pac more than Pac's ever been punished before..more than the 1st Morales fight. I don't think Marg-Pac is ever happening. Arum already said that. He won't feed his meal ticket to Marg, lol.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 26 2008, 02:45 AM) [snapback]418175[/snapback]
Margarito & Cotto would physically punish Pac more than Pac's ever been punished before..more than the 1st Morales fight. I don't think Marg-Pac is ever happening. Arum already said that. He won't feed his meal ticket to Marg, lol.

Pac-man wouldn't fight Cotto or Marg. like he fought Morales..He'd fight them like he fought DLH,which would be very smart..I think he'd take some big shots but not get hit as much as Morales 1..He has come a very long way since then..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 26 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]418175[/snapback]

We will never see pac in with cotto either... Cotto and Marg. both would brutalize lil manny... unlike hoya they are both solid welters in their respective primes... some might argue but cotto is a legit welterweight now... it would be fun to see pac fight some of those guys but welterweight is too big for him... i.m.o he needs to settle in at 140 if not go back to 135...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.