Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wins Mir vs Big Nog?
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
AussieLad
I'm taking Mir in this fight. And i expect lesnar to reverse the previous fights outcome
pcraw
I think Nog wins a decision. Either guy beats Lesnar though. He's not polished enough in BJJ to beat Nog or Mir.
jlupi
Mir's only chance is a quick sub-unlikely.

Nog wins this and beats lesner. Mir looses to both. Nog is on a diffrent level than MIr who cant box and gasses. Isnt exactly known for his chin either
pcraw
The more I watch Brandon Vera the less I think of Mir. I know Mir wasn't all of the way back yet, but Vera dominated him. I think a sub win over Hardonk who has little ground game and a sub win over the Jiu Jitsu-less Lesnar is not enough to convince me that I'm watching the same Frank Mir that snapped Tim Sylvia's arm or that koed Wes Simms.
AussieLad
I think Big Nog has better hands, and you'd need a sledgehammer to knock the fucker out. But watching him get his ass kicked for 2 rounds in every fight only to come back and win by submission... i dont think he can submit Mir.

Mir was a mess after the accident, but i think he is back on form. The only question being his stamina. I believe he will submit Nog

Either one has a good chance of submitting Lesnar, couture was tailor made for lesnar as they were virtually carbon copies of one another... only lesnar was significantly larger and younger. I just have a feeling Lesnar has learnt from his mistake against Mir, and wont fall for it twice

I would like to see Lesnar fight Gonzaga, who's combination of submissions and striking power should prove too much for lesnar to handle. Gonzaga by KO
thehype
I like Nog in an easy one.
AussieLad
This looks like a quality fight card.

Big Nog, Mir, Rampage, the axe murderer silva, griffin, evans, kongo, okami... I'm looking forward to this one

Mir looks to be in decent shape, and so does silva.
TheWhiteBuffalo
I wouldn't question Mir's chin......the guy took some huge leather from Lesner with those hammer fists.

However, I just don't think Mir is back to his previous level. I have to give Nog the edge with the cardio. Nog by decision.
JLUVBABY
question... why is it when i posted a ufc link here after coture vs. lesnar it got moved to the mma site?...lol
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 26 2008, 08:57 PM) [snapback]418273[/snapback]
This looks like a quality fight card.

Big Nog, Mir, Rampage, the axe murderer silva, griffin, evans, kongo, okami... I'm looking forward to this one

Mir looks to be in decent shape, and so does silva.

this is argubally the best card ever by by the ufc.. it also shows why ufc outshines boxing in ppv numbers... the 3 main fights could all headline its own ppv show... it will do crazy numbers on ppv and at the live gate...
AussieLad
WHat ive noticed about the UFC is that they always put on a decent fight card, and alot of the time you see big names in the non telivised undercard. I see Matt Hamill is fighting on the undercard on this one, and may not be telivised. Previously ive seen names like Andrei Arlovski, Gonzaga, Koscheck on the undercards, anyone of which has previously been in the main event on one or several occassions. These are the benefits of one promoter. You an stack a card and make it worth the PPV price, unlike in boxing where your lucky if there is any decent match worth watching aside from the main event. Half the time in boxing, the main event isnt even worth being on PPV

My predictions:

Rampage to avenge his loss to the axe murderer
Rashad to chop down the Forrest
Mir to defeat Nog in an upset, either by decision or submission
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 27 2008, 05:24 PM) [snapback]418379[/snapback]
My predictions:

Rampage to avenge his loss to the axe murderer
Rashad to chop down the Forrest
Mir to defeat Nog in an upset, either by decision or submission

Awesome calls on your picks! I got them all wrong lol.

AussieLad
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 28 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]418442[/snapback]
Awesome calls on your picks! I got them all wrong lol.

I know, i'm scared too... LOL

I feel bad for forrest, i wanted him to win. He easily took the first 2 rounds, but i just had this feeling before the fight that he was going to get caught like lidell

Douchebag
it was definitely a winnable fight for forest.
the surprise of the night was how Mir DOMINATED nog. WOW Lesnar will lose again to Mir.
jlupi
the surprise of the night was how Mir DOMINATED nog. >>>

your telling me. up untill recently nog was considered a good boxer with a great chin. he was dominated.

Mir on the otherhand was considered pretty bad standing with a not so good chin. Obv they saw something in nog because he chose to keep it standing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.