Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko to face Arreola?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
Just read this on fightnews... If it happens it is sure to be one of the better figths we have seen Wladimir in in a while... Win or lose Arreola is going to bring it unlike the Klits. lastt few opponents.. should be fun while it last if this fight is indeed made... What is you guys thoughts on this fight?

By Alexey Potapov
IBF/IBO/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (52-3, 46 KOs) may face unbeaten IBF #2 rated Chris Arreola (26-0, 23 KOs) in his next bout in April or May. Fightnews.com has learned that talks are underway and the fight would most likely take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. If victorious, the Ukrainian champion is then obliged to fight against IBF mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (16-0, 12 KOs) by September 13th.
Sunday, December 28 2008
Snoop
Arreola will get destroyed. He's never faced anyone the caliber of a Klitschko and it's going to show.
The CEO
Wlad by KO in the 1st or 2nd Round....bet heavy on it.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 28 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]418466[/snapback]
Wlad by KO in the 1st or 2nd Round....

No.
AussieLad
Wlad by KO by round 6. I expect a few tentative rounds from Wlad, as usual, but arreola has got bugger all chance of beating him. Not fast enough to clip that chinny chin chin
JLUVBABY
As i suspected not many will give arreola a shot but one of a couple of things he has going for him is he will not be afraid of klit. and he's gonna bring it and at least give himself a fair chance at winning... i.e davaryll williamson and sanders and brewster and even peter... 4 fighters that at least went in triing to win... all 4 got knockdowns at least if they didnt win the fight, the first step against klit. is to at least try to win which is something most guys dont seem to do... the second thing is that arreola may not be the hardest puncher but he punches with respect (harder than average) with both hands and he is going to bring it... i think he will at least test the chin of wlad. and unless wlad. pulls a surprise and comes out blazing like walker the first few rounds will get very interesting cuzz wlad. appears to still be a little gun shy especially when he fights known punchers and a puncher that comes in early against him seems to have the best shot of taking him out... the first 3 or 4 rounds will be arreolas best chance and if he can really get to wlad. in those rounds because of wlads. tentativeness in the early rounds the fight can turn out to be very interesting... i cant bet against klit. but i think arreola has a better chance than most and i would not be surprised if he pulled it off... just my opinion anyways... this fight has to better than the rahman fight and most of wlads fights going back a few years...
D-MARV
Ill wait to see what kind of shape Arreola is in before I make a prediction. But one thing is for sure, I'll be pulling for Arreola.
King Eugene
I think Klit will win but he'll hit the canvas once before he finally finishes Arreola.

I'll be pulling for Arreola though.
JLUVBABY
I'm pulling for arreola too... i think if he can become the goods he is the kind of fighter that can bring some excitement back into boxing here in the states... he is def. sellable... beer guzzlin' cursing hard fighting mexican... he could be a huge seller...
Fitz
Arreola will lose and the logic is quite simple.

Arreola is shit and Wlad is good.
Snoop
Wlad has improved drastically since the Sanders and Brewster fights so I wouldn't even use those two as measures. I can see the comparison to the Peter fight but quite honestly, I don't even think Arreola is at Sam Peter's level (which isn't saying much). Wlad will destroy Arreola, I really can't see any other outcome.
BGv2.0
I've never seen so many people so ready for a mismatch.

IMHO this is even MORE of a mismatch than Wlad/Rock ever was!

I actually think Povetkin will provide more fireworks than Arreola will.

Arreola is shit....not only is his training habits questionable, he got dropped by a lesser taller fighter in walker that actually fought his fight and did not use his attributes....this will not be the case with Wlad.

Unless Wlad comes to the ring wrapped in a giant Flour Tortilla......call it Wlad by KO or TKO under 4 rounds.

stateofthegame
It will go six or more rounds with Wlad KOing him late. The reason why is that Steward will have Wlad jabbing and holding Chris to put his weight on him for six or seven rounds to tire out Chris, because his stamina is terrible. The after the sixth it is a matter of time because Manny will then turn Klitschko lose and he will punish him. I can see the fight poster though KLITS VS ARREOLA: "Triple-X" No One Under 21 Admitted.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Dec 29 2008, 12:19 AM) [snapback]418512[/snapback]
I can see the fight poster though KLITS VS ARREOLA: "Triple-X" No One Under 21 Admitted.

LMAO.

Rest of the post is spot on too IMO. Wlad will KO him mid to late just like he does everyone who stands no chance with him.
Lil-lightsout
I am 99% sure Wlad would stop Arreola, but there is that 1% chance Arreola could pressure Wlad and maybe get to him and stop Klit. If Chris stays on the outside he has no chance at all, but if he can make it ugly and actually go after Klit and stay on top of him, maybe he has a chance. Wlad is soft and has a shaky chin, so it is not impossible for him to get stopped again, I just do not think Chris can do it.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 28 2008, 04:32 PM) [snapback]418466[/snapback]
Wlad by KO in the 1st or 2nd Round....bet heavy on it.

Agreed..It will either be very early or Wlad will really show everyone how horrible Arreola is by KOing him in the 7th after picking him apart and showing everyone that Arreola can't do anything when he is boxed..I see this fight as Wlad embarrassing Arreola big time..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 28 2008, 11:31 PM) [snapback]418503[/snapback]
I've never seen so many people so ready for a mismatch.

IMHO this is even MORE of a mismatch than Wlad/Rock ever was!

I actually think Povetkin will provide more fireworks than Arreola will.

Arreola is shit....not only is his training habits questionable, he got dropped by a lesser taller fighter in walker that actually fought his fight and did not use his attributes....this will not be the case with Wlad.

Unless Wlad comes to the ring wrapped in a giant Flour Tortilla......call it Wlad by KO or TKO under 4 rounds.

BG,me and you are seeing eye to eye on everything lately..I totally agree that Povetkin would provide a lot better of a fight than Arreola would..Povetkin has more skill..
JonnyBlaze
One more thing..It's really weird to see 3 people back to back say they are pulling for Arreola..Do you guys not appreciate skill??Wlad has the skill,Arreola doesn't..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2008, 02:15 AM) [snapback]418526[/snapback]
One more thing..It's really weird to see 3 people back to back say they are pulling for Arreola..Do you guys not appreciate skill??Wlad has the skill,Arreola doesn't..

I am rooting for Arreola too! It has nothing to do with skill, I just would like to see Klit get KO'd again, he is boring and who the fuck knows who he is besides us diehard fans? Plus it is nice to root for the underdog sometimes. I can not stand Stewart either. I would root for Klit if he fought Valuev though.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 29 2008, 03:29 AM) [snapback]418529[/snapback]
I am rooting for Arreola too! It has nothing to do with skill, I just would like to see Klit get KO'd again, he is boring and who the fuck knows who he is besides us diehard fans? Plus it is nice to root for the underdog sometimes. I can not stand Stewart either. I would root for Klit if he fought Valuev though.

I don't think Klitchko is boring..I think everyone is starting to know who he is because he IS the heavyweight division right now..He has 2 of the 4 major belts..I think casual fans only know the big names of the last era like Holyfield,Tyson especially,Lennox Lewis,DLH,some know Mosley..People only really know Mayweather these days it seems to me..If anyone who doesn't know anything about boxing wants to talk boxing with me it is normally about Mayweather..Pac-man is starting to rise up though,but he should of been in everyone's mouth years ago though with all his awesome fight with Morales,Barrera,and Marquez..People now talk about him cause they were so surprised he beat DLH..haha..
The Original MrFactor
Klit puts on a clinic and eventually KO's him in about 7. Wasnt Klit supposed to fight Povetkin next??
BigG
Klit KO's Arreola and would do the same to Povketin....I kind of want Arreola to win though.
JLUVBABY
[quote name='BGv2.0' date='Dec 28 2008, 09:31 PM' post='418503'
[/quote]

lmao... man that was too funny.. arreola might very well get ko'd but my point is that he will at least go down triing... no way that fight is a borefest like the rahman fight, arreola will give himself the best chance he will have of winning and thats actually throwing a punch that is meant to hurt wlad... there will be action.. it might be quick action either way but there will be bonafide action in this fight if it happens... and rather its 2 rounds or 7 or 8 rounds arreola will go down triing to win.. i'll say it like this i rather see him go down in 2 triing then rahman pussyfootin it for 7 or 8 rounds... and rather wlad. has gotten better or not his chin hasnt so arreola has a shot in the fight... plus i think wlad. is a tentative fighter when he fights guys that has the ability to tap that chin... they just seem to freeze when they get in there with him... if the fight happens we will see...
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2008, 02:15 AM) [snapback]418526[/snapback]

Arreola brings what the division needs.
salvador
Arreola has absolutely no chance of getting past Wlad's jab.

I don't know how anyone could possibly think this will be even a little comptitive.
D-MARV
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 29 2008, 10:15 AM) [snapback]418547[/snapback]

I don't know how anyone could possibly think this will be even a little comptitive.

At this point I would have to agree.

Arreola isn't ready yet. I would like to see him fight guys like McCline, Peter, and Brock before he steps up to Klit.

2010 could be his year.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 29 2008, 09:57 AM) [snapback]418551[/snapback]
At this point I would have to agree.

Arreola isn't ready yet. I would like to see him fight guys like McCline, Peter, and Brock before he steps up to Klit.

2010 could be his year.

i can agree with arreola not being quite ready but it can be argued that thre arent many legit contenders left.. he may be the next best thing... and my point is that no matter how he goes out if he loses he will go down triing... and like i said earlier wlad. dont have the best of chins.. his chin can be checked and if arreola fights a rough fight with him this can be an interesting fight... wlad. klit is not unbeatable...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 29 2008, 11:15 AM) [snapback]418547[/snapback]

Exactly..

Everyone who is dying for the next heavyweight champ is going to be very disappointed in this one..If Arreola was our last hope,than it's all over after this fight..Wlad is going to expose him and make him look like shit cause he can't box..

I think everyone who is pulling for Arreola is going to be very upset with him after this fight cause once Wlad gets the jab going,Arreola is going to look and act just like Sam Peter did against Vitali..Say what ya want,but that's what's going to happen..Arreola is going to be shorter,fatter,slower,and have a shorter reach in this fight..This is too much for him to take on in one fight..If he had fought some taller,longer guys maybe not,but he didn't..
BGv2.0
As much as it absolutley pains me to say it....I think Jason Estrada has actually done more to warrent a shot than Arreola has at the moment.

I'm not a fan of Estrada....but the new article on the front page really opened my eyes....he has been very active with a decent level of opposition here of late....should he keep this up in 09....with at least 1 solid win over a top 15 guy....he deserves a shot.
JonnyBlaze
I guess T. Walker is the guy to beat if ya want a title shot..If he had fought and beat either Povetkin,Ibragimov,Brewster,T.Thompson,or even fuckin Monte Barrett he would deserve a shot..I guess T.Walker is the guy to beat over the higher quality guys to get a title shot..

Arreola has only gone 8 rounds once,7 rounds once,and the rest are basically 3 round fights..He hasn't even fought 10 rounds and is so outta shape how could anyone take him serious enough to put him in a scheduled 12 round fight with the best heavyweight out there..Ya can argue if Vitali or Wlad. is better but still,Arreola has no business in the ring with either of them..
D-MARV
Jason Estrada got beat by Travis Walker... He deserves nothing over Chris Arreola!
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2008, 09:04 PM) [snapback]418625[/snapback]
I guess T. Walker is the guy to beat if ya want a title shot..If he had fought and beat either Povetkin,Ibragimov,Brewster,T.Thompson,or even fuckin Monte Barrett he would deserve a shot..I guess T.Walker is the guy to beat over the higher quality guys to get a title shot..

Arreola has only gone 8 rounds once,7 rounds once,and the rest are basically 3 round fights..He hasn't even fought 10 rounds and is so outta shape how could anyone take him serious enough to put him in a scheduled 12 round fight with the best heavyweight out there..Ya can argue if Vitali or Wlad. is better but still,Arreola has no business in the ring with either of them..

Give it a break, (LOL)... We all know you HATE Arreola, but who else deserves a shot?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]418627[/snapback]
Jason Estrada got beat by Travis Walker... He deserves nothing over Chris Arreola!

Estrada was never put down by Walker and he only had 8 pro fights up to that point and Walker had 21..

You jump to the aid of Arreola right quick.. haha.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2008, 09:15 PM) [snapback]418629[/snapback]
Estrada was never put down by Walker and he only had 8 pro fights up to that point and Walker had 21..

You jump to the aid of Arreola right quick.. haha.gif

Estrada had the better Amateur background.

And who cares if Estrada didn't get put down. He still lost. Arreola Knocked Walker the F#ck Out!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]418628[/snapback]
Give it a break, (LOL)... We all know you HATE Arreola, but who else deserves a shot?

You will always be here to defend him(I hope you don't after he gets whooped) and I'll always be here to bash him and your efforts..I'll be where ever you are when you're talking about Arreola.. diablo.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]418631[/snapback]
Walker had 21 fights but he was playing football while Estrada was in the Olympics.

And who cares if Estrada didn't get put down. He still lost. Arreola Knocked Walker the F#ck Out!

Well Arreola got put down by Walker too..Walker lost to Estrada 3 times in the amateurs..Football players don't make that good of boxers in my opinion/experiences..In my experiences hockey players and basketball players are the best converters to boxing then football players in last of those 3 sports,not all sports..
The CEO
First of all......people are duckin' my "How many of you would take this woman on?" thread in General Discussion....

Secondly....Wlad will make an example out of that turd, Arreola....watch....he's gonna treat him like he treated Ray Austin...it'll be an early, one handed KO....

BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 29 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]418627[/snapback]

Take a look at their activity and compare who they fought in 2008. Say what you will but Estrada is for sure getting in that well deserving range.

The loss to Walker was awhile back and was due to an injury.....and he was never floored by Walker.

BUT....it's all good....as Arreola will be humiliated soon and then maybe Estrada will get his shot.

Even though I am not an Estrada fan....I'll bet he gives Wlad a MUCH better fight than Arreola ever will.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 30 2008, 06:44 AM) [snapback]418712[/snapback]
First of all......people are duckin' my "How many of you would take this woman on?" thread in General Discussion....

Secondly....Wlad will make an example out of that turd, Arreola....watch....he's gonna treat him like he treated Ray Austin...it'll be an early, one handed KO....

you guys MIGHT be right but you are missing the one intangible arreola has going for him that might be all it takes to beat wlad with the limited credentials you and johnnyblaze say are... he wont be afraid to get in there and at least try to get his and he has the punch an toughness to take klit. into an uncomfortable situation... Arreola has a chance in this fight... he has the style to beat wlad. klit.... arreola is not gonna win a boxing match... arreolas shot will be in the first few rounds anyway thats not rocket science... i give him 5 or 6 rounds to get to wlad. and depending on the circumstance he CAN make it happen... wlad. hasnt had somebody to just blitz him in a long time and he hasnt fought somebody that legitamantly wanted to inflict pain on him in a long time.. how does he react?.. how does his chin react?... How does wlad. react if he's taken a beating early, can he rally late?... that is a possible scenario....
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 30 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]418735[/snapback]
Take a look at their activity and compare who they fought in 2008. Say what you will but Estrada is for sure getting in that well deserving range.

The loss to Walker was awhile back and was due to an injury.....and he was never floored by Walker.

BUT....it's all good....as Arreola will be humiliated soon and then maybe Estrada will get his shot.

Even though I am not an Estrada fan....I'll bet he gives Wlad a MUCH better fight than Arreola ever will.

Arreola Knocked out 2 good looking prospects in 3 rounds... Im not going sit here and say that he's better than Estrada because Im a fan of Estrada as well. But I don't think Estrada has done any more than what Arreola has done in 2008 to warrant a title shot. IMO, neither of them have earned a shot.

Juan Carlos and Povetkin are the only ones I would like to see get a title shot. But if Arreola gets it, so be it, I'll be cheering him on.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 30 2008, 01:44 PM) [snapback]418738[/snapback]
Arreola Knocked out 2 good looking prospects in 3 rounds... Im not going sit here and say that he's better than Estrada because Im a fan of Estrada as well. But I don't think Estrada has done any more than what Arreola has done in 2008 to warrant a title shot. IMO, neither of them have earned a shot.
Juan Carlos and Povetkin are the only ones I would like to see get a title shot. But if Arreola gets it, so be it, I'll be cheering him on.

Man...Gomez! Come on man.....I have never seen anybody actually back that total waste of space!

As little talent and worth as I see in Arreola.....I'd still prefer him get the shot than that F'N loser JCG!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Gomez is today's Tony Tucker.....a complete waste of space that NEVER leaves the rankings...yet has done NOTHING to earn being there!

Next to James Toney...the only other run at HW that is more laughable is JCG!

The guy has been at HW for nearly 8 years and in that time has only 13 fights...most of which is with total shit comp.

He is 11-1-1NC with 7kos

The one loss being the ugly 1 round beat down my the MIGHTY Yanqui Diaz.

Only note worthy wins being against the Euro waste of space Sanil Sam and an over the hill Oliver McCall, which is also his NC because of love of the nose candy!

On second thought.....go ahead and feed him to Wlad....... clapping.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 30 2008, 03:46 PM) [snapback]418758[/snapback]
Man...Gomez! Come on man.....I have never seen anybody actually back that total waste of space!

As little talent and worth as I see in Arreola.....I'd still prefer him get the shot than that F'N loser JCG!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Gomez is today's Tony Tucker.....a complete waste of space that NEVER leaves the rankings...yet has done NOTHING to earn being there!

Next to James Toney...the only other run at HW that is more laughable is JCG!

The guy has been at HW for nearly 8 years and in that time has only 13 fights...most of which is with total shit comp.

He is 11-1-1NC with 7kos

The one loss being the ugly 1 round beat down my the MIGHTY Yanqui Diaz.

Only note worthy wins being against the Euro waste of space Sanil Sam and an over the hill Oliver McCall, which is also his NC because of love of the nose candy!

On second thought.....go ahead and feed him to Wlad....... clapping.gif

Despite all of that, JCG has fought in 2 WBC eliminators and has earned his #1 ranking.
Spyder
Yanqui Diaz is a Cuban legend and a Hero...that man deserves our respect!

BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 30 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]418765[/snapback]
Despite all of that, JCG has fought in 2 WBC eliminators and has earned his #1 ranking.

He's "earned" it about as much as Rock, Arreola or anybody else in this division I suppose.

I still think he is a total sham though.

Out of all these possible Wlad matchups....although I feel Povetkin has actually earned a shot....I still think he is way too green to cause any major damage to Wlad. He might have his moments...but in the end I can't see him winning the fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Dec 30 2008, 06:27 PM) [snapback]418776[/snapback]
He's "earned" it about as much as Rock, Arreola or anybody else in this division I suppose.

I still think he is a total sham though.

Out of all these possible Wlad matchups....although I feel Povetkin has actually earned a shot....I still think he is way too green to cause any major damage to Wlad. He might have his moments...but in the end I can't see him winning the fight.

At this point, I have to agree with you.

Earlier this year, I thought the only man that could beat Wlad was Tony Thompson and well... You saw how that turned out!
streetlion1
Either Klits would dominate Arreola. He is wide open for the jab and anything else for that matter.
PR316
Arreola is not ready. He needs more experience and he needs to get his conditioning under control as well. Right now, he'd get beat up pretty bad. Wouldn't go more than 4 rounds I think against either Klitschko.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.