Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoya vs. Chavez Jr.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
Just read this and thought i'd post it... Oscar may have slipped enough to make this a descent fight and allow Jr. to Avenge his old man... With a good under card this could be a descent fight to order...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17656
Haili
I love this fight for Oscar. He should do it in Mexico City and go out with a KO victory in front of 100,000. He should win this fight if it's held at 154.
King Eugene
If DLH goes with Mayweather Sr. I see him KOing him but if he stays with Nacho I see him getting a SD at best.
kidbazooka1
If OScar fights anything like he did agianst Pac he might just get KTFO again.
JLUVBABY
personally i dont think oscar has it anymore... even IF weight was an issue vs. pac his overall reactions in that fight tells me his time is up... i think most descent fighters would have beaten him that night... he was dead in the water.. and after a loss like that his confidence is broken and i am sure he is even further lost as a fighter... i think jr. might be catching him at the right time... either way the fight makes all the sence in the world and it should happen in mexico... they both have a lot to gain in the fight..
JD
This fight makes sense, I have no problem with it.
Big Slim Sweet
I have no problem with this fight either. Nor any interest in seeing it whatsoever.
PR316
Chavez Jr will stop him late. Oscar is not a fighter anymore. He can go with all of the great trainers in the world and it won't matter.

Oscar will start fast, then fade away as the young kid gets stronger and pours it on late.

Oscar should retire. He's done all he's gonna do in the world of boxing as a fighter and he has nothing left to give. Couldn't even beat a small guy coming up 2(Really 3) weight classes.

Jr is absolutely catching him at the right time and he'll put a serious hurting on Oscar at this point.
kidbazooka1
I really believe DLH will take this fight I mean what other options does he have.

Margarito
Cotto
Willaims
Pavlik

Would all beat him worser than Pacqiuao did. Im sure he'll think Jr is the safest fight for him but I'll pray that Chavez Jr. gives that f*cker the worse beating of his life.
Michigan Assassin
I've never thought Oscar was much of a promoter, in the sense that he's ever built a champion from the ground up, but I figured it was since his promotional outfit was so new. But this fight makes no sense from a promotional stance.

Why wouldn't he at least pit himself against someone he promotes to help build their profile? I'm sure he can't beat many of them at this point so that shouldn't be the problem.

I think Goldie knows that when he, Shane and Nard retire his cupboard will be pretty bare.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 29 2008, 01:51 PM) [snapback]418576[/snapback]
I've never thought Oscar was much of a promoter, in the sense that he's ever built a champion from the ground up, but I figured it was since his promotional outfit was so new. But this fight makes no sense from a promotional stance.

Why wouldn't he at least pit himself against someone he promotes to help build their profile? I'm sure he can't beat many of them at this point so that shouldn't be the problem.

I think Goldie knows that when he, Shane and Nard retire his cupboard will be pretty bare.

i dont think oscars cupboard is ever going to be bare...
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Dec 29 2008, 04:53 PM) [snapback]418594[/snapback]
i dont think oscars cupboard is ever going to be bare...

Not money but promotional talent may very well. The main thing he has going from that standpoint is that his main rival Arum is getting pretty old and may not be promoting much longer.
flakillo
I think this fight is destiny; DLH beat an old Chavez, now Chavez Jr. gets to beat an old DLH.
Chavez Jr. better not fuck this up, but should fuck up De La Hoya.
I haven't seen much of Chavez Jr.'s fights, but from the one's I've seen and from what I've heard, he's not as good as his legendary father.
Hopefully, he proves me and the rest wrong.
D-MARV
QUOTE(flakillo @ Dec 29 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]418644[/snapback]
I think this fight is destiny; DLH beat an old Chavez, now Chavez Jr. gets to beat an old DLH.
Chavez Jr. better not fuck this up, but should fuck up De La Hoya.
I haven't seen much of Chavez Jr.'s fights, but from the one's I've seen and from what I've heard, he's not as good as his legendary father.
Hopefully, he proves me and the rest wrong.

Beating De La Hoya won't prove anyone wrong. Junior will never be the fighter his father was!
Spyder
I actually think that this fight makes sense.

Wow, I didn't think that I'd say that about Oscar or Chavez Jr ever again. dntknw.gif
Col Reb
This fight makes alot of sense and should happen in Mexico City, but the question I have is this: Will Oscar piss off Mexican fans by beating Chavez Jr, or will he gain back some love from them? I ask this because Oscar will not want to perform against someone in Mexico if the crowd is 90% against him. Since he's spent so much time trying to build a Mexican fan base, he'll want to finish his career beloved by those fans.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Dec 30 2008, 02:25 PM) [snapback]418746[/snapback]
This fight makes alot of sense and should happen in Mexico City, but the question I have is this: Will Oscar piss off Mexican fans by beating Chavez Jr, or will he gain back some love from them? I ask this because Oscar will not want to perform against someone in Mexico if the crowd is 90% against him. Since he's spent so much time trying to build a Mexican fan base, he'll want to finish his career beloved by those fans.

Thats IF Osar Can beat Jr. Judging by the way he looked against Manny I don't think Oscar can beat any decent fighter any more thats how freakin bad he looked.
Col Reb
I think that Oscar was just the victim of coming down too much weight; he looked the same way that Chris Byrd did in his fight vs Shaun George. Roy looked the same way against Tarver and Glen Johnson. If Oscar fights at 154, I think he can beat Chavez Jr, whom I find very unimpressive thus far.
flakillo
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Dec 30 2008, 12:22 PM) [snapback]418751[/snapback]
I think that Oscar was just the victim of coming down too much weight; he looked the same way that Chris Byrd did in his fight vs Shaun George. Roy looked the same way against Tarver and Glen Johnson. If Oscar fights at 154, I think he can beat Chavez Jr, whom I find very unimpressive thus far.

Although i dont find oscar to be that good, i think he is better than the young JC Chavez jr, he hasn't been impressive. If they were to fight, i'd hope that DLH gets his ass kicked, badly.
streetlion1
DLH rebounds with a dominating win and easily K.O.s Chavez Jr.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 29 2008, 12:42 PM) [snapback]418566[/snapback]
Jr is absolutely catching him at the right time and he'll put a serious hurting on Oscar at this point.

Yep.
neophyte7
Chavez JR is hyped shit-- has not shown me much at all...
King Eugene
Jr. is pretty good but I'll pick DLH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.