Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the most desired fight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
flakillo
I choose Pacquiao vs Marquez III because:
1. The first two fights were explosive
2. The first two fights were too close
flakillo
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Dec 29 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]418670[/snapback]
..3. The first two Marquez got the short end of the stick!

I sort of agree, I think draw and a win for Marquez.

Did you see the fight between Margarito and Williams?
I had it a draw or win for Margarito, but Williams won... What do you think?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(flakillo @ Dec 30 2008, 01:54 AM) [snapback]418671[/snapback]
I sort of agree, I think draw and a win for Marquez.

Did you see the fight between Margarito and Williams?
I had it a draw or win for Margarito, but Williams won... What do you think?

I also tought the Margrito/Willaims fight was very close unlike most here that make it out to be like Willaims dominated Margrito. In my opinion Margarito just got started to late he had Willaims hanging on towards the end.
BigG
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 30 2008, 06:06 AM) [snapback]418672[/snapback]
I also tought the Margrito/Willaims fight was very close unlike most here that make it out to be like Willaims dominated Margrito. In my opinion Margarito just got started to late he had Willaims hanging on towards the end.

Not exactly, Williams took round 12 clearly.
flakillo
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 29 2008, 11:06 PM) [snapback]418672[/snapback]

yea i do remember that, Williams was barely hanging in there in the last few rounds, but Margs did start too late. Once the two become bigger figures in boxing, it would be awesome to see those two fight again so that there is a clear winner.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(flakillo @ Dec 30 2008, 01:37 AM) [snapback]418667[/snapback]
I choose Pacquiao vs Marquez III because:
1. The first two fights were explosive
2. The first two fights were too close

Why is Williams/Margarito on there and not Cotto/Margarito 2??
JonnyBlaze
Of the fights you listed,I chose Pac-man/Mayweather..It was a tough call with Maquez/Vasquez 4 and Marquez/Pac-man 3 in there..I just think Pac-man/Mayweather would be a mega fight that would put boxing on the map even more after the DLH/Pac-man fight..If I was selfish,I would of picked Marquez/Vasquez 4..haha..I really like the idea of bringing the old school ways back to today with rivals surpassing the trilogy and going for true glory..
flakillo
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 29 2008, 11:52 PM) [snapback]418681[/snapback]
Why is Williams/Margarito on there and not Cotto/Margarito 2??

I guess 'cuz Margarito/Williams didn't have a clear winner, while the other did. But Cotto/Margarito II, I think is already happening in the summer, I THINK.
But Vazquez/R.Marquez should do more than the trilogy, I definitely agree.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(flakillo @ Dec 30 2008, 03:07 AM) [snapback]418685[/snapback]
I guess 'cuz Margarito/Williams didn't have a clear winner, while the other did. But Cotto/Margarito II, I think is already happening in the summer, I THINK.
But Vazquez/R.Marquez should do more than the trilogy, I definitely agree.

I really think Williams won the fight..I do see how others could see it the other way..I guess I was just wondering why Cotto/Margarito 2 wasn't on here..
D-MARV
Williams clearly won that fight... It was close but he won it. I scored it 116-112.

BUt Margarito will win the rematch no doubt!!!!!! ALL HE HAS TO DO IS START EARLIER. wink.gif
Big Slim Sweet
I went Mayweather-Pacquiao, cause like someone said before that would be huge for the sport, and unlike every other recent mega-event involving Miss Golden Panties, it's a fight between two superstars who are legitimately at their respective peaks.

Pacquaio-Marquez 3 of course would also be sensational and really needs to happen.

Anyone who knows the name Big Slim knows I've been calling for Mayweather-Margarito for years now.

Williams-Margarito 2 would also be terrific, though more for just the hardcore fans. Would that even be PPV? Of course that only makes it that much better for us.

Contrary to most here, I DO NOT want to see Vazquez-Marquez 4. Those guys had their trilogy and it was perfect. You can't top the way their last fight ended and I don't want to see them do any more permanent damage to each other than they already have. I'd rather now see some of the new guys get their shots - Juan Ma, Caballero, etc.

Fuck Joe Calzaghe. No fight involving him is a dream fight for me.

Fuck the heavyweights.

Any combination of Pavlik-Kessler-Abraham would be great too though not quite at the level of the top four.
Col Reb
Williams vs Mayweather is mine. I think PW has the best chance of beating Floyd, and I want Floyd to be tested. I think the three guys who could give Floyd the most problems at welter are Williams, Cintron, and Mosley. Sorry Margarito fans; but as much as I'd pull for Marg, I think Floyd would dance circles around him.
flakillo
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Dec 30 2008, 11:16 AM) [snapback]418745[/snapback]
Williams vs Mayweather is mine. I think PW has the best chance of beating Floyd, and I want Floyd to be tested. I think the three guys who could give Floyd the most problems at welter are Williams, Cintron, and Mosley. Sorry Margarito fans; but as much as I'd pull for Marg, I think Floyd would dance circles around him.

I think floyd would dance around Margs, but in fear of getting hit bro xD. I actually think this fight would go the distance, and would be a very good head-on collision, Margs would be like DLH in the DLHvsPBF fight, but ten times better, pushing PBF to his limits. Margarito ko'd Cintron and will probably do the same to Mosley, and did well against Williams.
I don't think Floyd would beat Margarito, but I think he might get close to it.

P. Williams vs A. Margarito... winner of the trilogy should face Mayweather.
streetlion1
Pacman-Gayweather would be a fight I'd wanna see. Also Calzaghe-Dawson...but Slappy and PBF are too pussy to fight these beasts.

How about a Hopkins-Dawson? I also wanna see Margarito-Cotto 2.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 30 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]418718[/snapback]
Williams clearly won that fight... It was close but he won it. I scored it 116-112.

BUt Margarito will win the rematch no doubt!!!!!! ALL HE HAS TO DO IS START EARLIER. wink.gif

Really??Margarito is pussin out and won't fight Williams again..
Lil-lightsout
I would love to see Pac-Guzman at 140lbs!!!
torvix2000
I changed my mind. I no longer want to see Pac-Marquez III. Why? Because it would still be too close with Pac doing a little bit better from their rematch. And Marquez's camp will again whine.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 30 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]418820[/snapback]
Really??Margarito is pussin out and won't fight Williams again..

I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 31 2008, 02:19 PM) [snapback]418863[/snapback]
I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm.

It can be hard since we're on the internet and not talkin on the phone..Ya know??We always got misunderstandings on here..hahaha..
Spyder
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 31 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]418881[/snapback]
It can be hard since we're on the internet and not talkin on the phone..Ya know??We always got misunderstandings on here..hahaha..

Don't use that tone with him...
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Dec 30 2008, 12:45 AM) [snapback]418670[/snapback]
..3. The first two Marquez got the short end of the stick!

uh, except the fact that the judges actually fucked up, didn't know how to score and took a Loss for Marquez and turned it into a draw. I think that is certainly not getting the short end of the stick.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 31 2008, 07:36 PM) [snapback]418893[/snapback]
uh, except the fact that the judges actually fucked up, didn't know how to score and took a Loss for Marquez and turned it into a draw. I think that is certainly not getting the short end of the stick.

Yep. This fact tends to get conveniently forgotten by Marquez supporters.
buford54
As a Marquez supporter, I realize that fact.
I think Marquez was far more impressive in that fight than Manny was...but he deserved the L from the first round.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 31 2008, 06:36 PM) [snapback]418893[/snapback]

Call me stupid, but what are you talking about exactly? What did a judge/judges do in the scoring? I remember the fight pretty good, but I do not remember any errors in scoring that I remember. Could someone explain to me what happened?
Spyder
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2009, 07:13 PM) [snapback]419034[/snapback]
Call me stupid, but what are you talking about exactly? What did a judge/judges do in the scoring? I remember the fight pretty good, but I do not remember any errors in scoring that I remember. Could someone explain to me what happened?

When a fighter loses a round he loses a point. When he gets knocked down, he loses a point. With three knockdowns the first round should've been scored 10-6 for Manny. The judge admitted that he didn't know that he could score a round 10-6, so he scored it 10-7 instead. His final score card was 113-113. If he scored the round correctly...Manny gets the win.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 31 2008, 05:25 PM) [snapback]418885[/snapback]
Don't use that tone with him...

laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 6 2009, 04:30 AM) [snapback]419307[/snapback]
Yeah I can't remember, but I scored it anywhere from a 1 point swing either way (may have been a draw). But even scoring the opening round 10-6, I could still see someone scoring it for Marquez.

If that happened,it would have to be the most embarrassing loss ever in his whole boxing career..To knock a dude down in the first 3 times and have that dude come back to win is real bad for any elite boxer..I do think the fight could of went to Marquez though..I've said it before and I'll say it again,it really sucks Marquez wasn't included for a long time when Barrera and Morales were brought up as the best mexicans..Marquez always deserved to be in the mix with them and it's too bad that Marquez couldn't of had fights with them when they were all at their best..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 6 2009, 03:42 PM) [snapback]419330[/snapback]
I've said it before and I'll say it again,it really sucks Marquez wasn't included for a long time when Barrera and Morales were brought up as the best mexicans..Marquez always deserved to be in the mix with them and it's too bad that Marquez couldn't of had fights with them when they were all at their best..

He had a shot to shine when he fought Freddie Norwood, and he basically didn't show any offense in that fight. It was a terrible fight and he did not seem on there level at that time. So I think Marquez is lucky he caught Barrera at the end of his career, cause a prime Barrera would have gave Marquez a beating IMO.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 2 2009, 08:03 PM) [snapback]419040[/snapback]
When a fighter loses a round he loses a point. When he gets knocked down, he loses a point. With three knockdowns the first round should've been scored 10-6 for Manny. The judge admitted that he didn't know that he could score a round 10-6, so he scored it 10-7 instead. His final score card was 113-113. If he scored the round correctly...Manny gets the win.

Thanks! Now I remember about that.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 6 2009, 07:30 PM) [snapback]419340[/snapback]
He had a shot to shine when he fought Freddie Norwood, and he basically didn't show any offense in that fight. It was a terrible fight and he did not seem on there level at that time. So I think Marquez is lucky he caught Barrera at the end of his career, cause a prime Barrera would have gave Marquez a beating IMO.

Maybe..Barrera was a masterful boxer through out his whole career..Larry Merchant called him a surgeon once..hahaha..I think Marquez unlike Barrera and Morales got better with age..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 6 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]419342[/snapback]
..I think Marquez unlike Barrera and Morales got better with age..

Fuck! I was going to type that shit in my last post. So I agree with you on that for sure.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 6 2009, 07:34 PM) [snapback]419342[/snapback]
I think Marquez unlike Barrera and Morales got better with age..

Might have had something to do with the fact that he wasn't giving and receiving staggering beatings from the two of them during his prime.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 7 2009, 11:16 AM) [snapback]419394[/snapback]
Might have had something to do with the fact that he wasn't giving and receiving staggering beatings from the two of them during his prime.

Very true.
Spacey
I chose Mayweather vs Pacquiao, simply because it would be a massive fight, a massive event... and also it would solve who the best P4P fighter of he generation is. That's my thought anyway. smile.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spacey @ Jan 8 2009, 12:13 AM) [snapback]419506[/snapback]
I chose Mayweather vs Pacquiao, simply because it would be a massive fight, a massive event... and also it would solve who the best P4P fighter of he generation is. That's my thought anyway. smile.gif

Mayweather
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.