Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Jose Luis Ramirez - Joan Guzman World Lightweight Championship SFW IV Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
Sunday January 4, 2009 marks the return of one the greatest fighters to ever fight.

Reigning and Defending 2-Time Lightweight Champion Of The World and Winner of the FHWeBL 2008 Comeback Fighter Of The Year Award, Jose Luis Ramirez (38-27-1 37KOs) puts his title on the line against the Former Jr. Bantamweight World Champion, Former record setting 7-Time Lightweight World Champion, Former Jr. Welterweight World Champion, The Former #1 Pound For Pound Fighter in the World, The Greatest Lightweight Fighter of all times, Joan Guzman (38-9-4 12KOs)

Will the cindarella story continue for Jose Luis Ramirez? Or Will the former Lightweight King, Joan Guzman, reclaim his throne and become an unbelievable..... 8-Time Lightweight World Champion?

Jose Luis Ramirez Career Highlights :

L UD 12, W UD 12 Paul Malignaggi - avenges defeat to the HOFer.
L UD 12, W KO 9 Phransis Theeodoar - avenges defeat with KO performance.
L UD 12, W TKO 10 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - avenges defeat with KO over the former world champion.
L UD 12, W KO 1 Arthur Gatti - avenges defeat with KO performance.
L UD 12, W TKO 9 Jeff "The Gladiator" Ghusson - avenges defeat with KO performance.
D 12, L UD 12, W KO 11 Marijus Juozapas - avenges defeat with KO performance.
L UD 12, W KO 11 Ray De Los Santos - avenges defeat with KO over the former world champion.
W KO 9 Ultimo Dragon - win over top contender.
W KO 3 Junior Do Prado - win over the former world champion.
W TKO 10, W KO 10 Andreas Amadeus - wins lightweight title.
W TKO 1 Kelson Pinto - win over top contender.
W KO 6 Juan Carlos Burgos - win over top contender.
W TKO 7 Angenis Mendez - win over top contender.
W TKO 11 Catalina Cruz - win over former world champion.
W KO 1 Muhamad Rakhmatullaev - win over top contender.
W TKO 4 Josh Joshua - win over the former world champion.

------------

Joan Guzman Career Highlights :

W UD 12 Osvaldo Batista - For the Jr. Bantamweight Title
D 12, D 12, W UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Cash On Demand - turns draws over into dominate wins.
W UD 12 Rafael Vasquez - win over former champion.
W TKO 7, W KO 12, W KO 10 Pavel "The Spy" Molotov - solid win over the former world champion
W TKO 6 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - solid win over the former world champion
W KO 11,L UD 12, L UD 12, W KO 12 Jesse Jane - won lightweight title in fight one. turns over losses into another knockout win to win the lightweight title for the 2nd time over the 3 division world champion.
L KO 4, W UD 12 Ricardo Reyes - turns over careless loss into a dominating win to win back the lightweight title for the 3rd time.
W TKO 9 Tera Patrick - destroys 3 division World Champion Tera Patrick in lightweight super fight.
W UD 12, W SD 12 Carlos "El Indio" Quintana - Defeated the #1 contender, Undefeated Quintana.
L UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Ray De Los Santos - loses title in fight 1. Regains title and delivers the first loss to the undefeated Santos in fight 2. Completes the trilogy with a UD victory in fight 3. Defeates #1 contender Santos again in fight 4.
W UD 12 JoJo - delivers the first loss to the undefeated 21-0 #1 Contender.
D 12, D 12, L UD 12, W SD 12, L UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Muckles Reilly - Loses Lightweight Title in fight 3 after 2 draws. Regains Lightweight title for the 5th time in Fight 4. Loses lightweight title in fight 5. Regains lightweight title for the 6th time in fight 6 over the #1 contender and champion Reilly. Fight #7 clearly beats Reilly to win the lightweight title for the 7th time.
W UD 12 Zab "Super" Judah - Wins Jr. Welterweight Title over HOFer and top 5 p4p at the time.

---------

Place your bets!
BigG
Guzman's always going to be one of my favorites...but I think he's getting KTFO against Ramirez..
CyruS
Guzman will have 6 months of ring rust going into this bout against a dangerous champion and more importantly, a deadly knockout artist.

Guzman might have alot to deal with in Ramirez.
ghost13
Guzman stays away and does enough to get the win
Blayde
Im also going with Guzman. He will be able to absorb the punishment.
BigG
I'm surprised that Guzman is the favorite but Blayde and Ghost are right...Guzman can take punishment...I created Guzman and I made him tough us fuck....Maybe I'll switch my pick. laugh.gif
Maxy
I also have to lean towards Guzman. Ramirez has surprised me many times though so it won't be a shock if he crushes the legendary former champion.
ghost13
Ramirez winning wouldn't shock me. But him crushing Guzman would.
BigG
Wow..Ramirez crushed Guzman!
CyruS
Guzman drop his guard going into the later rounds and gets knocked out in the final round in a fight he was winning in a landslide ohmy.gif

Good fight regardless. Ramirez just got the biggest win of his career with a come from behind KO victory.
BigG
Did Ramirez go from can to possibly....the SCARIEST champ in WeBL??? ohmy.gif
CyruS
Guzman wants him in a rematch...... smile_anim.gif
Blayde
Ramirez got some mad power ... Guzman counters and backpedals headhunting and still Ramirez is able to KO him, I wouldve never expected that. But I still think Guzman can win in a rematch.
Maxy
Ramirez continues to defy belief with his performances. Great win.
CyruS
QUOTE(fighthype.com/webl-news)
Ramirez-Guzman II ends in a DRAW!

This epic lightweight rematch ended in a draw although controversially as it appear Guzman thought he had the fight won and coasted from round 9 until the finish. It was a grave mistake as Ramirez banked the last 4 rounds of the fight to end up with a draw and retaining the World Lightweight Championship. Guzman cried foul but it is this reporters belief that you are to fight in the championship rounds and not re-enact Delahoya-Trinidad from 1999. It's up to Ramirez if he wants to make this battle between himself and the former Lightweight King a trilogy.
Blayde
With Ramirez possibly going into retirement Amir Khan (20-2-1) is ready to take over.

Come Sunday Khan and Pietrus will battle it out for the vacant championship if Ramirez doesnt change his mind.
CyruS
World Lightweight Championship
Jose Luis Ramirez vs. Joan Guzman
For The Last Time! The Trilogy!

LIVE ON PPV!
January 18, 2009
CyruS
QUOTE(fighthype.com/webl-news)
The King is BACK! : Guzman Decisions Ramirez to Win 8th Lightweight Title!

Guzman finally got his revenge over his lone loss to the 2008 Comeback Fighter Of The Year, Jose Luis Ramirez with a UD victory. This bout marks Joan Guzman's 8th reign as World Lightweight Champion, breaking his own record. Guzman stated he will be sticking around to defend the title some more and looks for revenge soon against the man that beat him back to back times and dethroned him from his #1 P4P status last summer, Jay-Jay Judah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.