Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andrei Arlovski - Boxer
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Spyder
Obama's Change fever is already taking effect...

According to Freddie Roach, Hype and Percy...Andrei Arlovski will shed his tights for trunks and start fighting in the boxing ring after his fight with Fedor.

I guess the heavyweight division looks weak to EVERYONE...What do you guys think?

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 31 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]418859[/snapback]
Obama's Change fever is already taking effect...

According to Freddie Roach, Hype and Percy...Andrei Arlovski will shed his tights for trunks and start fighting in the boxing ring after his fight with Fedor.

I guess the heavyweight division looks weak to EVERYONE...What do you guys think?

I'm gonna laugh when he tries to tackle someone
D-MARV
He will lose to the first "C" fighter he fights!
Spyder
In the heavyweight division, a "C" fighter is pretty bad.

I think he can hang with a top 20-30 type of guy.
kidbazooka1
With the current state of the HW division I'll actualy give Arvloski a decent shot at makeing some noise. His stand up is pretty good unlike most of the other MMA HW's.
Spyder
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 31 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]418869[/snapback]
With the current state of the HW division I'll actualy give Arvloski a decent shot at makeing some noise. His stand up is pretty good unlike most of the other MMA HW's.

Didn't he get KO'd by Tim Sylvia?
D-MARV
One he gets 10-15 fights under his belt , then I'll take this guy seriously. Until then I don't want to hear anything about him.
JonnyBlaze

Andre starts out kinda confident but Fres shows him what's up with some right hand counters..Arlovski really has a horrible jab..He needs to learn to get full extinction on it..Watch Arlovski's technique in this and you'll see what I'm talkin about..
Spyder
I didn't think he looked bad at all. In fact, he looked better than I expected.

I was distracted by his face-saver headgear, but that's acceptable when training for a fight.
AussieLad
He got KO'd by Sylvia because he was going for the kill. He dropped sylvia hard, charged in and got careless. That ko loss got in his head a bit, and he went into the 3rd fight a bit like jones jnr did in his 3rd fight with tarver, just looking to survive

Very interested in watching him fight the cyborg fedor
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 31 2008, 05:10 PM) [snapback]418884[/snapback]
I didn't think he looked bad at all. In fact, he looked better than I expected.

I was distracted by his face-saver headgear, but that's acceptable when training for a fight.

I think Fres was going real easy on him..I also think he showed bad technique..Hopefully Roach can fix him up..
BoxingStill#1

He may be the savior to the HW division.....

I didn't just say that for a laugh either. He will bring some exposure to boxing....

Much like people tuned into Kimbo Slice after he went to MMA......(ex)
AussieLad
I agree he needs work on his boxing skills. But he is large at about 6ft 4, has decent speed and a great deal of power in both hands. I think he will give alot of heavies problems
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Dec 31 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]418892[/snapback]
I think Fres was going real easy on him..I also think he showed bad technique..Hopefully Roach can fix him up..

Fres took it easy on him for sure, were talking about a world class boxer against a guy who has zero boxing fights. Considering that, I do not think he looked that bad. I doubt he will make any noise in boxing, no matter how bad the division is. But I guess I will wait till I see some actual fights first to really judge his chances.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Spyder @ Dec 31 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]418872[/snapback]
Didn't he get KO'd by Tim Sylvia?

Thye both own TKO victories over one another but to Arlovski's credit he was handling Sylvia with ease and almost stopped hgim again unitl he left himself open and got cought. Arlovski is one of the better HW strikers in MMA.
Spyder
Isn't leaving yourself open a serious flaw?

Learning defense might not come easily for him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 31 2008, 08:16 PM) [snapback]418897[/snapback]
Fres took it easy on him for sure, were talking about a world class boxer against a guy who has zero boxing fights. Considering that, I do not think he looked that bad. I doubt he will make any noise in boxing, no matter how bad the division is. But I guess I will wait till I see some actual fights first to really judge his chances.

I agreee with ya..I'd assume if I ever get the chance to spar with Fres he'd spar with me the same exact way..Hopefully I do get the chance soon..
Spyder
Fres doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would take advantage of you, so you're probably right about his effort versus Andrei.

You should ask him about it, and get his opinion of Andrei as a boxer. It'd be interesting if he shares Roach's opinion.
BigG
I didn't see anything special. I don't think he is going to be a serious threat.
JonnyBlaze
Did ya guys notice how his punches weren't crisp like Fres'??I know he is a MMA guy,but this should show the difference between strikes and punching..He only threw his punches out half way it seemed..Any other opinions or observations about the sparring??

I"ll talk to Fres soon and let ya all know what he thinks..My trainer sparred with Andre too and I guess when Arlovski threw a jab my trainer came with a "special" punch to the body that he has and had Arlovski hurting pretty bad..Like I said before,my trainer is 135 lbs but hits insanely hard..I give Arlovski credit for trying so hard though to be a good boxer..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 2 2009, 06:38 PM) [snapback]419030[/snapback]
Did ya guys notice how his punches weren't crisp like Fres'??I know he is a MMA guy,but this should show the difference between strikes and punching..He only threw his punches out half way it seemed..Any other opinions or observations about the sparring??

I"ll talk to Fres soon and let ya all know what he thinks..My trainer sparred with Andre too and I guess when Arlovski threw a jab my trainer came with a "special" punch to the body that he has and had Arlovski hurting pretty bad..Like I said before,my trainer is 135 lbs but hits insanely hard..I give Arlovski credit for trying so hard though to be a good boxer..

Four things.

1- If your 135lb. trainer is hurting Arlovski with body shots, then maybe Andrei should stay away from boxing. Or your trainer should be fighting pro at lightweight.

2- Its really hard to see anything significant out of an easy sparring session that I have seen 3 minutes of, where Fres just toyed with him.

3- When do we get to see your sparring session with Fres or anyone for that matter?

4- Tell Fres he is SO lucky he fought Toney at this stage, cause any other time Toney would have whupped up on him.
JLUVBABY
hey johnny it would be cool if you could post some of your sparring sessions.. can you do that?
JD
30 seconds in Fres holds. LOL...Oquendo even holds in sparring...against guys that aren't boxers. That's hilarious.
Spyder
I think that Fres was just taking it easy in there. If he wasn't holding then he would be eating Andrei alive inside, which wouldn't be right if he was just giving Arlovski some work.
JD
I think he was practicing holding.
Spyder
laugh.gif

Maybe he was teaching Andrei how to bore a crowd to consecutive title defenses...i.e. the Ruiz method.
JD
LOL...now we're talking.

I want to see the Fres rabbit punch next!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2009, 08:04 PM) [snapback]419032[/snapback]
Four things.

1- If your 135lb. trainer is hurting Arlovski with body shots, then maybe Andrei should stay away from boxing. Or your trainer should be fighting pro at lightweight.

2- Its really hard to see anything significant out of an easy sparring session that I have seen 3 minutes of, where Fres just toyed with him.

3- When do we get to see your sparring session with Fres or anyone for that matter?

4- Tell Fres he is SO lucky he fought Toney at this stage, cause any other time Toney would have whupped up on him.

My trainer was pro..He KO'd everyone he fought in amateurs and pros except for 1 guy..Seriously,my trainer hits harder than a 250 lber that I've sparred before..He once hit a 230 lb guy in the shoulder and the dude ended up having to go to the doctor cause my trainer destroyed his back from a shot landed on the shoulder..It was insane..

As for me sparring Fres,I hope to get some sparring in with him..He is quite a ways away from Chicago which is why he isn't my trainer(he offered to train me for free)..If I do spar with him,you better believe it will be on tape..I think my gf has a photo digi camera that I think can record action..I gotta find out..I really wanna get some of my sparring sessions on camera for you guys and for myself to study since it'll help me a lot..Now that I'm back in the city now(schools starts up Monday),I'll be sparring 1-2 times a week..I really wanna get some footage of me real bad whether I look good or not..I do most my sparring with very experienced guys who've had 40+ fights and quite a few of my frequent sparring partner have won the GG and fought in nationals..I normally spar with smaller guys now since they are better for me to work with because of their speed advantage and in my experiences,better head movement/more elusive..Bigger guys take beatings from me..Last big dude I sparred was walkin around with his eye completely shut and black as hell for 2 weeks from one right uppercut..I love the cuts..The only guys I haven't made bleed are 2 guys who were both smaller..I really would like to see what ya guys think of me so I'll try my best to get ya all some footage..

Here is one of my frequent sparring partners who won the GG the last 4 years in Chicago..He's a righty but is sparring southpaw here..This guy is the hardest guy to hit..He's also improved a lot since here.This was from a year ago..He's in the black sweat pants..
JonnyBlaze
I also spar this dude in the white shirt quite a bit..He is a really good pressure fighter and everyone says he is a real big puncher..He's never hurt me before though but does have decent power as ya can see in this clip..He did flatten my nose once from a left hook..haha..If I didn't have a good nose for boxing,it might of been bleeding..I've never bled before..I did make his nose bleed though..I set up a right hand off a left uppercut..The guy he is sparring here is another GG champ..

Spyder
The guy in the black sweat pants looks good, but the guy in the white shirt looks like he likes to get hit in the face.

If these are the guys that you spar with, you should call my friend. He won't throw as many punches as the sweat pants guy, but he'll keep you on your toes...and he probably weighs a little over 300lbs because that son-of-a-bitch can't run. (he has flat feet) But he can take punishment, and has an insane reach and fast hands.

Come on Jon! Spar with him and post the sparring session...he has the equipment to hook it up! It will be a great video for the board...

BigG
The guy on the white reminds of Carlos Baldomir
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 4 2009, 01:51 AM) [snapback]419137[/snapback]
The guy in the black sweat pants looks good, but the guy in the white shirt looks like he likes to get hit in the face.

If these are the guys that you spar with, you should call my friend. He won't throw as many punches as the sweat pants guy, but he'll keep you on your toes...and he probably weighs a little over 300lbs because that son-of-a-bitch can't run. (he has flat feet) But he can take punishment, and has an insane reach and fast hands.

Come on Jon! Spar with him and post the sparring session...he has the equipment to hook it up! It will be a great video for the board...

The dude in the white looks not too good in that sparring session but I think it was cause who he was sparring..The dude in the red is a GG champ but I think 2 weight classes below the dude in the white..He is the really tough and can handle a lot of shit..The dude in the white had 10 fights and the dude in the black sweats(Junior) has had 42 fights..The dude in the white can be hit with counters but is very aggressive and makes me need my footwork..Both of them have improved a lot since a year ago(when those sparring sessions happened) but the dude in the black sweats more..He is the fastest and most elusive guy I've ever sparred..He's the best guy at my new gym now and its a big gym..He was the best guy at that gym too..The dude in the white is a animal though..He and Junior are the best guys for me to spar with I think..Watch the dude in the white spar one more time and watch 1:22 when he throws the jab,left hook..He got me with that too..hahaha..I've been looking for him lately but haven't seen him in over 2 months..Everytime we see each other we know we're sparring..I'm a lot better now and my stamina is a lot better now so I think I'd be able to whoop him pretty good next time we spar..I used to have shitty stamina..If you take him lightly though,he'll get ya..He doesn't mind getting hit or bleeding..I remember the day I busted his nose everyone who sparred bled except me(8 dudes including me)..2 of em were little kids..Then one of the kids mom's came and picked him up..hahaha..He didn't cry though..I've never seen so much blood in a boxing gym before..Before I got in the ring I thought "today must be my day to shed some blood" but I didn't..

Will you PM me his number again Spyder??How tall is he??Tallest dude I've sparred was 6'8..If he's 300 lbs,he better be able to take punishment..I've never sparred anyone 100 lbs more than me but I have sparred someone 50 lbs more than me..He could come to my gym to spar with me..They'd be cool with it..
JonnyBlaze
Styles make fights too so I think that's why me and the dude in the white are a good sparring session to watch..It's the classic boxer vs. fighter..Me and Junior are probably fun to watch but isn't as exciting..He's mostly a fighter/boxer,a fighter first than boxer..When he spars me,he only boxes cause he doesn't want to get tagged by me..I've been trying to get him to convert to a pure boxer but he likes using his size against guys in his weight class and will try to over power em..

By the way,thanks for watching those clips,I hope ya guys liked em..The dude in the red shirt against the dude in the white was the one with the camera..
Spyder
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 4 2009, 03:31 AM) [snapback]419145[/snapback]
Will you PM me his number again Spyder??How tall is he??Tallest dude I've sparred was 6'8..If he's 300 lbs,he better be able to take punishment..I've never sparred anyone 100 lbs more than me but I have sparred someone 50 lbs more than me..He could come to my gym to spar with me..They'd be cool with it..

Check your inbox...

He's about 6'5" and weighs anywhere from 270-310lbs...it depends on when you catch him. The funny thing about him is that he has fast hands and a big reach, and could easily Lennox Lewis you all day. But his fight plan is usually to wear you down by letting you hit him, and then he goes for the finish. It's frustrating as a friend that he doesn't use his height better, but what can I do? haha

If you couldn't tell by his fight plan, he can take punishment.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 5 2009, 05:33 PM) [snapback]419218[/snapback]
Check your inbox...

He's about 6'5" and weighs anywhere from 270-310lbs...it depends on when you catch him. The funny thing about him is that he has fast hands and a big reach, and could easily Lennox Lewis you all day. But his fight plan is usually to wear you down by letting you hit him, and then he goes for the finish. It's frustrating as a friend that he doesn't use his height better, but what can I do? haha

If you couldn't tell by his fight plan, he can take punishment.

I may weigh 100 lbs less than him but it'd be surprising if he let me continue to hit him after landing a flush shot on him..I had a bigger punch than a 250 lb. dude I sparred once..We'll see what happens..Where does he live at again??We'd be doin this at Evanston Boxing Club alittle outside the Chi(it takes me 40 minutes on the L to get there)..
Spyder
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 5 2009, 06:13 PM) [snapback]419234[/snapback]
He is heading towards Valuev's weight, except he is a heap shorter and not a professional. Sounds like an awesome sparring partner for you Johnny, lol.

laugh.gif

I've told him over and over...stay behind your jab, and 1-2 all day long...but the man will only do what he wants to do!

Jon, I think I've mentioned Evanston to him before, and he knew about it...is that a MMA gym?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 5 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]419247[/snapback]
laugh.gif

I've told him over and over...stay behind your jab, and 1-2 all day long...but the man will only do what he wants to do!

Jon, I think I've mentioned Evanston to him before, and he knew about it...is that a MMA gym?

Evanston has it all..Every kind of training you want,we have someone to work with you..

Junior(the dude in the black sweats) is the best sparring partner for me since I already know I can take a big shot and if I were to get used to his speed,heavyweights will be too easy for me..I used to only spar big guys(that's all I had the option of sparring) but now that I can spar smaller,really quick guys I prefer them..I get better conditioning in a sparring session with a smaller guy too..I'm always down to spar new guys though..Size doesn't mean anything to me..When I first started boxing I only wanted to spar bigger guys(to feel like Holyfield I guess,hahaha)..I've been trimming up and now I'm down to 205 again but am aiming for 190 but 200 would be aight too..My last trainer and my doctor told me 185 would be a prime weight for me in boxing..The power will always be there and I'll be faster and lighter..

I'll hit him up soon and hopefully we can set something up in the next week or 2..
JonnyBlaze
By the way,my trainer at Evanston was trained by Tony Zale..He also trained with MM Hagler,Carmen Basilio,and Joe Frazier before..He once sparred with Hagler too..I wasn't surprised when he told me he rocked Arlovski..
King Eugene
Lets test him...throw him in there with Estrada or Arreola.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.