Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 FIGHTS I WANT IN 2009
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Future_Champ
NOT IN ANY PATICULAR ORDER...

1.MANNY PAC. VS R HATTON (HAS TO HAPPEN)

2.JOE CALZAGHE VS CHAD DAWSON (I THINK CHAD SHOWED HE IS READY FOR THE BIG FIGHTS WITH HIS WIN OVER TARVER)

3.PAUL WILLIAMS VS VERNON FORREST (I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PAUL STAY AT THIS DIVISION AND DOMINATE SINCE MARGARITO AND COTTO ARE AFRAID)

4.W KLITCHKO VS ARREOLLA (ANY DECENT FIGHT AT HEAVYWEIGHT HAS TO HAPPEN)

5.KELLY PAVLIK VS AUTHUR ABRAHAM (UNIFICATION)

6.BERNARD HOPKINS VS JAMES TONEY (HOPKINS COULD MOVE UP AND WE COULD HAVE A OLD SCHOOL THROW BACK FIGHT AT HEAVYWEIGHT)

7.MARGARITO VS COTTO 2 (THE SAGA CONTINUES)

8. MANNY PAC-MAN VS FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR (BIGGEST FIGHT OF 09)

9.M KESSLER VS J TAYLOR

10. CHAD DAWSON VS M KESSLER

FIGHTERS THAT I WANT TO SEE IN BIGGER FIGHTS IN 09: ANDRE WARD, JAMES KIRKLAND, ANDRE BERTO

WHAT FIGHTS DO YOU GUYS WANNA SEE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
kidbazooka1
Ward is garbage he's probably the weakest gold medalist in the history of boxing. The guy has been pro for almos 5 years and has done sh*t in this sport most past Medalist would have won titles by now or beaten a big name fighter.
thehype
In no particular order and for no other reason than the fact that I think they'll be good, competitive, entertaining scraps that could breathe life into boxing...

- Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nate Campbell vs. Juan Manuel Marquez
- Shane Mosley vs. Ricky Hatton
- Miguel Cotto vs. Andre Berto
- Paul Williams vs. Kelly Pavlik
- Bernard Hopkins vs. Glen Johnson
- Antonio Margarito vs. Joshua Clottey
- Joe Calzaghe vs. Chad Dawson
- Arthur Abraham vs. Felix Sturm
- Jermain Taylor vs. Sakio Bika

And for the sideshow attractions that may not be competitive, but could be somewhat interesting...

- Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad
- Wladimir Klitschko vs. Nikolai Valuev
- Roy Jones Jr. vs. James Toney
- Ricardo Mayorga vs. Vernon Forrest
- Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi
xxxxxx
Pac-Man vs Mayweather Jr.

Cotto vs Hatton

Calzaghe vs Dawson

B-Hop vs Roy (Loser Retires)

W.Klit Vs V.Klit(HaHA)

Haye Vs Peter

Juan Marquez vs Cambell

Margarito vs Williams II

Berto vs Mosley

Williams vs Mayweather Jr. drinks.gif
Lil-lightsout
Wlad Klit vs. Audley Harrison
Vitali Klit vs. Quinn Navarre
Tomasz Adamek vs. Arthur Williams
Chad Dawson vs. Will McIntyre
Jermaine Taylor vs. Peter Manfredo
Kelly Pavlik vs. Shannon Taylor
Paul Williams vs. John Duddy
Antonio Margarito vs. Omar Weiss
Ricky Hatton vs. Henry Bruseles
JM Marquez vs. Javier Jauregui
Mayweather vs. Gatti II

mrwigi
in no particular order

cotto vs. hatton
mayweather vs. margarito
pavlik vs. abraham
mayweather vs. cotto
calzaghe vs. dawson
pacquiao vs. mayweather
pwilliams vs. cotto
berto vs. cotto
berto vs. hatton
pwilliams vs. margarito
margarito vs. cott.
buford54
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 1 2009, 07:33 PM) [snapback]418952[/snapback]
Kelly Pavlik vs. Shannon Taylor
Mayweather vs. Gatti II

Hilarious! I love that you pulled out Will "Kid Fire" McIntyre.
If it's good enough for Joe Calzaghe....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 1 2009, 06:33 PM) [snapback]418952[/snapback]
Kelly Pavlik vs. Shannon Taylo
Mayweather vs. Gatti II

thats a strong list of fights lil lightfoot.. if these fights are made they COULD revitalize the sport...lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(mrwigi @ Jan 1 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]418957[/snapback]
in no particular order

cotto vs. hatton
mayweather vs. margarito
pavlik vs. abraham
mayweather vs. cotto
calzaghe vs. dawson
pacquiao vs. mayweather
pwilliams vs. cotto
berto vs. cotto
berto vs. hatton
pwilliams vs. margarito
margarito vs. cott.

interresting most of these fights are in or around the welter division.. the welters have the strongest division right now.. i hope those guys get to mixing it up.. it would give boxing a huge shot of b-12...
slap
10 fights I wanna see in 09

Pac-man vs hatton

pac -man vs money may

Berto vs clotty

Margarito vs cotto2

Paul williams vs jermain taylor

Dawson vs calzaghe

Dawson vs b-hop

P. Williams vs clotty

Cotto vs pac-man

Winky vs pavlik
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 4 2009, 08:51 AM) [snapback]419168[/snapback]
I was just having a look at the schedule for the first part of 2009 and there really isn't much to look forward to now. The best fight seems to be Darchinyan vs Arce. Margarito and Mosley are names and will produce an exciting fight, but the way Mosley looked last time, it really doesn't seem like the greatest of match ups right now. You then have Campbell and Funeka, but I don't know much about this Funeka guy. Pavlik and Cotto both have tune up fights and Dawson vs Tarver? Doesn't even warrant a rematch if it wasn't in the contract.
I'm not sure Hatton vs Pacquiao is 100% official yet (pretty close I would imagine if not), and that's a fight I would look forward to, but from the recent schedule I looked at, there wasn't a whole lot to get excited about other than Darchinyan vs Arce.

dont you think the diaz/marquez fight next month will be a good fight fitz?... that has got to be a cant miss action fight... i plan on being there by the way!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(slap @ Jan 5 2009, 02:02 PM) [snapback]419208[/snapback]
Berto vs clotty

P. Williams vs clotty

I hope to see Clottey in these types of matches too..I'd also want a Clottey/Margarito rematch..Clottey was fuckin him up pretty good and was winning the fight till his left hand got messed up(he admitted that it wasn't broken but just hurten way later after the fight) and he stopped throwing it..Margarito also was having injury problems like his ankle and maybe even his shoulder too before the fight..If both of them were to fight again and both were 100% through out the whole fight,it'd be a real great fight for us..Outside of Williams,Clottey is the toughest guy for Margarito(they'd be able to rough Margarito up more than any other people)..When I say rough up I mean land a lot of good hard shots consisitantly..Cotto broke down against Margarito,otherwise I'd put him in that category too..No one is going to faze Clottey or Margarito I think..

I also hope to see Berto making a lot of noise in 09'..I think this is the year he is going to step up against the top 10..Callazo is a good step up in class for him..I'd also want to see a Lujan/Berto fight..It's weird,Lujan is NEVER brought up on here..He is the guy to make great fights with all of the top 10 guys right now..I still can't believe the guts he showed in the Margarito fight when he almost lost his ear..

Lujan,Margarito,and Williams need to have a contest to see who can throw more punches in 12 rounds on a punching bag or something else..Who would ya put your money on??
King Eugene
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 1 2009, 04:17 PM) [snapback]418935[/snapback]
In no particular order and for no other reason than the fact that I think they'll be good, competitive, entertaining scraps that could breathe life into boxing...

- Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nate Campbell vs. Juan Manuel Marquez
- Shane Mosley vs. Ricky Hatton
- Miguel Cotto vs. Andre Berto
- Paul Williams vs. Kelly Pavlik
- Bernard Hopkins vs. Glen Johnson
- Antonio Margarito vs. Joshua Clottey
- Joe Calzaghe vs. Chad Dawson
- Arthur Abraham vs. Felix Sturm
- Jermain Taylor vs. Sakio Bika

And for the sideshow attractions that may not be competitive, but could be somewhat interesting...

- Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad
- Wladimir Klitschko vs. Nikolai Valuev
- Roy Jones Jr. vs. James Toney
- Ricardo Mayorga vs. Vernon Forrest
- Zab Judah vs. Paul Malignaggi

I pretty much would love to see all the fights on your list.

But one other side show attraction I wouldn't mind seeing at all is Oscar De La Hoya vs. Kostya Tszyu. Lets see him come out of retirement and make comeback of the year.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 6 2009, 12:27 AM) [snapback]419274[/snapback]
I pretty much would love to see all the fights on your list.

But one other side show attraction I wouldn't mind seeing at all is Oscar De La Hoya vs. Kostya Tszyu. Lets see him come out of retirement and make comeback of the year.

The sideshow on Hype's list that probably caught your eye first was Jones/Toney 2..I'd have to agree,this fight at heavyweight would be the best way for Roy to go out if he hasn't already decided to leave boxing..It could bring Roy another last and final win after watching Toney getting his early Christmas present with a decision over Fres..Maybe Roy might actually look a lot better in the ring right now if he had the added weight..Who knows..
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 5 2009, 11:35 PM) [snapback]419276[/snapback]
The sideshow on Hype's list that probably caught your eye first was Jones/Toney 2..I'd have to agree,this fight at heavyweight would be the best way for Roy to go out if he hasn't already decided to leave boxing..It could bring Roy another last and final win after watching Toney getting his early Christmas present with a decision over Fres..Maybe Roy might actually look a lot better in the ring right now if he had the added weight..Who knows..

He could "AGAIN" win another heavyweight belt. Hopefully this time he would retire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.