Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight Hype 2008: Boxing Results! (Awards)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
HERE ARE THE RESULTS FOR THE BEST (AND WORST) OF BOXING IN 2008 AS DETERMINED BY OUR FANS:

http://www.fighthype.com/awards/boxingawards_results.php

Comments? Were the votes what you expected? What results surprised you?

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
MY COMMENTS ON THE RESULTS (Totally Opinion based) Look forward to yours!

Fighter of Year: Little doubt that it would be Manny. Not just off of the dismantling of Oscar, but his longevity and excitability to the sport makes him one of the best p4p fighters in recent years.

Fight of Year: A little surprised that Pacquiao-Marquez II won over Pacquiao-Marquez III. While all three matches were thrilling, the rubber match had the most definitive ending of the three fights.

Round of Year: While I voted for Adamek-Cunningham round 4, I could see why round 12 of Vasquez-Marquez III took top billing.

KO of Year: A little surprised that Prscott-Khan beat out Holt-Torres. Holt-Torres I thought had more change in momentum, while the Khan KO was shocking, there were critics that believed Khan was over-rated, and that round did not have the dramatic changes in momentum that Holt-Torres had.

Prospect of the Year: Hard call, all were good picks.

Trainer of Year: Hands down Freddie Roach for his brilliant training in providing Manny with the perfect blueprint to beat Oscar.

Worst Decision of Year: I was voting for Lorenzo DQ Soto, but after Valuev-Holyfield went up and I saw that fight, I opted for that. It would have been interesting to see how Valuev-Holyfield would have gone percentage-wise, had it happened earlier in the year.

Promoter of Year: Too bad Don King no longer has the quality cards of 10-15 years ago. This was a toss up. I went for Golden Boy

Network of Year: I think people went for HBO because they fell for HBO's marketing trends to build up stars against mediocre competition. I voted for Showtime because HBO has far too many PPV's. They showcase two many mismatches. Showtime has better two-sided quality fights. The fact that more people subscribe to HBO also may have influenced their voting. Also the fact that Showtimes movies SUCK compared to HBO, I think that if economically, you have people choosing one network over the other as cable cost rise, they will keep HBO but drop Showtime.

Can't Miss Event of Year: I certainly would have voted for Delahoya-Pacquiao had it not been so one-sided. However, in terms of the best two-sided action fight, I voted for Margarito-Cotto. That couldn't miss and didn't miss!

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 5 2009, 03:41 PM) [snapback]419220[/snapback]
MY COMMENTS ON THE RESULTS (Totally Opinion based) Look forward to yours!

Fighter of Year: Little doubt that it would be Manny. Not just off of the dismantling of Oscar, but his longevity and excitability to the sport makes him one of the best p4p fighters in recent years.

Fight of Year: A little surprised that Pacquiao-Marquez II won over Pacquiao-Marquez III. While all three matches were thrilling, the rubber match had the most definitive ending of the three fights.

Round of Year: While I voted for Adamek-Cunningham round 4, I could see why round 12 of Vasquez-Marquez III took top billing.

KO of Year: A little surprised that Prscott-Khan beat out Holt-Torres. Holt-Torres I thought had more change in momentum, while the Khan KO was shocking, there were critics that believed Khan was over-rated, and that round did not have the dramatic changes in momentum that Holt-Torres had.

Prospect of the Year: Hard call, all were good picks.

Trainer of Year: Hands down Freddie Roach for his brilliant training in providing Manny with the perfect blueprint to beat Oscar.

Worst Decision of Year: I was voting for Lorenzo DQ Soto, but after Valuev-Holyfield went up and I saw that fight, I opted for that. It would have been interesting to see how Valuev-Holyfield would have gone percentage-wise, had it happened earlier in the year.

Promoter of Year: Too bad Don King no longer has the quality cards of 10-15 years ago. This was a toss up. I went for Golden Boy

Network of Year: I think people went for HBO because they fell for HBO's marketing trends to build up stars against mediocre competition. I voted for Showtime because HBO has far too many PPV's. They showcase two many mismatches. Showtime has better two-sided quality fights. The fact that more people subscribe to HBO also may have influenced their voting. Also the fact that Showtimes movies SUCK compared to HBO, I think that if economically, you have people choosing one network over the other as cable cost rise, they will keep HBO but drop Showtime.

Can't Miss Event of Year: I certainly would have voted for Delahoya-Pacquiao had it not been so one-sided. However, in terms of the best two-sided action fight, I voted for Margarito-Cotto. That couldn't miss and didn't miss!

Jack

no need for me to post as my votes are pretty much on base with you jack...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.