Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacman/Hatton Going to C.B.S?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
Pac/Hatton Going To C.B.S?

Dont know if that post right but if it doesn't it basically says that Arum plans to start negotiations with Showtime P.P.V to hopefully re-air the fight on C.B.S... It would be great they get it done.. it would be huge for the sport and it should be a great fight...

http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/index.php?showtopic=137562
King Eugene
If it actually happens it would be a nice boost for the sport. Especially after what Manny did to Oscar.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 7 2009, 02:48 AM) [snapback]419375[/snapback]
If it actually happens it would be a nice boost for the sport. Especially after what Manny did to Oscar.

I've got my toes eyes fingers and arms and legs crossed on that one...lol.... that would be great.. huge for the sport... especially if the fight is as good in the ring as it is on paper... Maybe if the ratings are big enough IF it happens we might even see live fights slowly come back to regular television... the sport needs it.. i just hope its not just talk.
BigG
Good for the sport and Manny-Hatton will be an exciting but one-sided BEATDOWN...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 7 2009, 03:59 AM) [snapback]419382[/snapback]
Good for the sport and Manny-Hatton will be an exciting but one-sided BEATDOWN...

Who's your pick biggeorge?...lol
D-MARV
The article said NOTHING about CBS airing this fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 7 2009, 04:51 AM) [snapback]419387[/snapback]
The article said NOTHING about CBS airing this fight.

Never said it did marv.. the article says arum plans to negotiate with showtime with hopes of showtime airing the fight on C.B.S... it's all a pipe dream at this point... nobody is saying C.B.S is GOING to air the fight...

this is what the article says about cbs and showtime airing the fight......

"Legally, we're free to negotiate with Showtime for this fight, and we will next week in New York," said Arum, who promotes Pacquiao. "This is being talked about seriously. In order for boxing to prosper, it has to be on free network TV. CBS, because of its relationship with Showtime, is best positioned to be the network that does this. [CBS President] Les Moonves is a huge fight fan."

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 7 2009, 04:59 AM) [snapback]419382[/snapback]

Don't worry, Pac will get a few shots in here and there. But of course Hatton with his relentless attack will get to Pacman and eventually KO him. I am so glad you are not fooled by his moving heavy bag workout he with Oscar too. laugh.gif
BigG

Who's your pick biggeorge?
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 7 2009, 05:27 PM) [snapback]419403[/snapback]

Don't worry, Pac will get a few shots in here and there. But of course Hatton with his relentless attack will get to Pacman and eventually KO him. I am so glad you are not fooled by his moving heavy bag workout he with Oscar too. laugh.gif

^ Exactly what I had in mind haha.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 7 2009, 12:32 PM) [snapback]419404[/snapback]
^ Exactly what I had in mind haha.gif

Seriously, if Pac gives Hatton a one sided beatdown like you think, I will give you props. I just can not see that happening, especially with Mayweather in his corner. I will take Hatton by stoppage in the mid rounds, in a brutal war! We will see.
BigG
I think Pac will get beaten by Cotto, Margarito, Mayweather Jr. but Hatton will get sliced up.

I think he'll give Pac a good fight though. A better one than DLH gave because Ricky is alot of fresher and more physical than DLH is.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 7 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]419403[/snapback]

i agree... i'm thinking hatton gets to him in the end too...
streetlion1
The fight will be a good fight probably in terms of numbers and attention but I dont expect it to transfer into the ring. This looks on the face of it like it will be a war....I think its gonna be the final destruction of poor little defenseless Ricky Hatton.

Pacman by K.O. inside of 5.
JonnyBlaze
Very close fight..I gotta think about it some more but I'm hoping CBS takes this..It'd do A LOT for boxing to get back to the basic cable stations especially with this caliber of fight..Hell,I love that there are no commercials on HBO and Showtime but I'm willing to suffer the commercials wraith for the better of boxing..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I personally think Hatton is shot and has been since Collazo. He did OK against PBF but you always feel that floyd likes to take a few rounds before dissecting his opponent.

Ricky sure doesn't like to take it to the body and Pac works the body real nice these days. I'm also doubtful as to how well Ricky looks after himself between fights. I know he's said he's trying to change his ways but I'd say those bad habits of Ricky's are pretty ingrained.

It's been catching up with him in the last few years and I pick it to really catch up with him against the Pac-Monster.

I'm pretty sure the fight is taking place in the States right? Venue is really important for this one. If it takes place in England with one of those WWF anything goes refs maybe I give Ricky a shot but not in the states where the ref will be less tolerant over some of Ricky's 'tactics.'
neophyte7
Ricky Hatton is strong early... against Floyd early he was physical, yet he actually began to get out muscled by mayweather after four rounds. Floyd was hitting Hatton with hellacious right hand leads and setting him up for the left(check) hook that eventually sent him to la la land and into the ring post. I just don't see Freddie Roach not being able to prepare pac to beat Hatton, who although he has Mayweather Jr, is still primarily a come forward slugger. Pac has added more to his game in terms of a right hook, and better defense, head movement and footwork. Hatton just doesn't seem to be as skilled as Pacquiao--- I have to take Pac in this fight
JonnyBlaze
I think Hatton is improving ever since he got Floyd Sr..He looked quite different against Malignaggi with very few clinches coming from him and he was jabbing his way in,not jumping in like he always used to..
D-MARV
I read somewhere that Mayweather WILL fight Pacquiao this year. worried_anim.gif IRS is on his ass. He needs the money
KookedKrack
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 7 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]419475[/snapback]
I read somewhere that Mayweather WILL fight Pacquiao this year. worried_anim.gif IRS is on his ass. He needs the money

wow....karma is a motherfucker
D-MARV
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jan 7 2009, 10:24 PM) [snapback]419477[/snapback]
wow....karma is a motherfucker

Yep. Fuckin Floyd owes them over 6 million dollars.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 7 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]419407[/snapback]
Seriously, if Pac gives Hatton a one sided beatdown like you think, I will give you props. I just can not see that happening, especially with Mayweather in his corner. I will take Hatton by stoppage in the mid rounds, in a brutal war! We will see.

I agree with you but if its not a late round stoppage Hatton would still get the UD.

Pac's speed is going to be a big problem though. You see what Floyd's speed did to Hatton but please dont confuse that with comparing Pac to Floyd. I'd never do such a thing.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 7 2009, 10:26 PM) [snapback]419480[/snapback]
Yep. Fuckin Floyd owes them over 6 million dollars.

Dang thats a killer. Hope he dont end up like Wesley Snipes.

Man you know how much I can do with 6 million dollars...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 7 2009, 11:02 PM) [snapback]419490[/snapback]
Dang thats a killer. Hope he dont end up like Wesley Snipes.

Man you know how much I can do with 6 million dollars...

I think if I had 6 million dollars I'd be dead in a month, oh but what a fucking month it would be!
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 7 2009, 11:08 PM) [snapback]419492[/snapback]
I actually have my fingers crossed.

laugh.gif Didn't know you had so much hate for the guy.

Yo where the hell has Stevenski been...aint seen him on in a while.

QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 7 2009, 11:26 PM) [snapback]419494[/snapback]
I think if I had 6 million dollars I'd be dead in a month, oh but what a fucking month it would be!

If I had 6 million dollars I dont know what I'd do.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 8 2009, 12:55 AM) [snapback]419499[/snapback]
laugh.gif Didn't know you had so much hate for the guy.

Yo where the hell has Stevenski been...aint seen him on in a while.
If I had 6 million dollars I dont know what I'd do.

I was thinking the same thing..The board has been pretty quiet lately..Not much going on besides the same few threads..
BigG
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Jan 8 2009, 02:27 AM) [snapback]419466[/snapback]
Ricky Hatton is strong early... against Floyd early he was physical, yet he actually began to get out muscled by mayweather after four rounds. Floyd was hitting Hatton with hellacious right hand leads and setting him up for the left(check) hook that eventually sent him to la la land and into the ring post. I just don't see Freddie Roach not being able to prepare pac to beat Hatton, who although he has Mayweather Jr, is still primarily a come forward slugger. Pac has added more to his game in terms of a right hook, and better defense, head movement and footwork. Hatton just doesn't seem to be as skilled as Pacquiao--- I have to take Pac in this fight

Hatton did not even win a round against Mayweather, IMO..

He looked very good against Paulie but he's still been getting marked up in the face and he hits too easy and he's even shorter than Manny. I think this might be the David Diaz fight all over again.
Spacey
I live in England, so either way I will have to pay 15 for the Sky PPV. sad.gif

Will be worth it in the end though will be an amazing fight!

I predict Pacquiao win, but I want Hatton to win.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 8 2009, 12:26 AM) [snapback]419494[/snapback]

laugh.gif I think I like the cut of your jib old boy.

As for Floyd, I hate that little faggot too and can't imagine how ANYone could remotely like the guy. I do however understand how you could like watching him fight, cause he is - or was, we'll see - pretty flawless in the ring. Punk bitch.

I would LOVE for this spoiled little snot nosed brat to wind up just like Wesley Snipes. Anyone seen Wesley on those new Chuck Norris informercials? Working out in the background while Chuck pumps his new gear? He doesn't even have a speaking line, he's just there for a second or two doing sit-ups and shit. Blink and you might miss him. That'd be like Mayweather popping up in an Angel Manfredy infomercial for Angel's new line of heavy bags. Angel would be talking about hitting the bag and loving Jesus and everything, eyes welling up with crocodile tears, and there'd Floyd be in the background popping the bag for a few beats. Wouldn't that be beautiful?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 8 2009, 11:19 AM) [snapback]419564[/snapback]

As for Floyd, I hate that little faggot too and can't imagine how ANYone could remotely like the guy. I do however understand how you could like watching him fight, cause he is - or was, we'll see - pretty flawless in the ring. Punk bitch.

I would LOVE for this spoiled little snot nosed brat to wind up just like Wesley Snipes. Anyone seen Wesley on those new Chuck Norris informercials? Working out in the background while Chuck pumps his new gear? He doesn't even have a speaking line, he's just there for a second or two doing sit-ups and shit. Blink and you might miss him. That'd be like Mayweather popping up in an Angel Manfredy infomercial for Angel's new line of heavy bags. Angel would be talking about hitting the bag and loving Jesus and everything, eyes welling up with crocodile tears, and there'd Floyd be in the background popping the bag for a few beats. Wouldn't that be beautiful?

Think of Jeremy Piven's character in 'Smokin Aces' to the power of 10.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 8 2009, 11:19 AM) [snapback]419564[/snapback]

LOL your a trip. Actually the one I seen Wesley had a few speaking lines.

And as far as Floyd I think he is entertaining to watch. Not the best in the world but you never know what he is going to say next about somebody. I wouldn't care to be in his entourage though. Those are straight male groupies. As far as him being bankrupt or losing everything, I wouldn't wish that on nobody. I know what it feels like to not have anything and trust me it aint fun. I also know what it feels like to come up but you still got to be humble about it. Of course he is not but everybody aint perfect.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 8 2009, 11:01 PM) [snapback]419609[/snapback]
LOL your a trip. Actually the one I seen Wesley had a few speaking lines.

And as far as Floyd I think he is entertaining to watch. Not the best in the world but you never know what he is going to say next about somebody. I wouldn't care to be in his entourage though. Those are straight male groupies. As far as him being bankrupt or losing everything, I wouldn't wish that on nobody. I know what it feels like to not have anything and trust me it aint fun. I also know what it feels like to come up but you still got to be humble about it. Of course he is not but everybody aint perfect.

thats real talk 3 king...
Mean Mister Mustard
Big G, I agree that this might look like Paquiao-Diaz again. Hatton is much better than Diaz offensively and in ring smarts (yes there is a difference) plus he has quicker hands. But his defense is shit, Hatton always lunges in against opponents, he didn't do it as frequently against Malignaggi but he still did it. He looked good against Malignaggi because he can't punch. Pacquiao's straight shots are going to be snapping his head back and we all know Pacquiao can go 12 rounds firing quick combos and Hatton as ferocious as he is starts slowing down. Take into account that his sloppy defense starts breaking down even more as he gets tired and you have Pacquiao stopping him.

About Mayweather and the IRS, I'm no Mayweather fan but I hope he's not bankrutp. That'd be a shame.

JLUVBABY
where is the rumor of floyd owing all that money originating from?.. i dont recall seeing that on any of the boxing sites.. maybe i overlooked it... and you would think floyd would have $6 million laying around if he owed the irs... he has made some serious money... it just seems like that would be headline news on the diffrent sites if it where true...
D-MARV
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 7 2009, 02:11 PM) [snapback]419423[/snapback]
The fight will be a good fight probably in terms of numbers and attention but I dont expect it to transfer into the ring. This looks on the face of it like it will be a war....I think its gonna be the final destruction of poor little defenseless Ricky Hatton.

Pacman by K.O. inside of 5.

You're smoking that GOOD STUFF drag.gif
D-MARV
Source

Here You go!
Lil-lightsout
Wow, what an idiot!!! He has all these leaches he pays for whatever reasons, maybe he should have hired an accountant. So many boxers now and in the past are just so retarded when it comes to managing there money. I will not even bother listing all the people off the top of my head. I feel no pity for them.
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 9 2009, 02:15 PM) [snapback]419641[/snapback]
You're smoking that GOOD STUFF drag.gif

I'm not going to go as far a street but I know that Ricky is going to WALKING IN to a lot of HARD straight left hands in this fight. He is going to have to pay a heavy price to get on the inside.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 9 2009, 12:28 AM) [snapback]419607[/snapback]
Think of Jeremy Piven's character in 'Smokin Aces' to the power of 10.

Hmm...Don't know if I'd want to be shacked up in a hotel bathroom too paranoid to walk outside.

I'd prefer to do it like Bronson Pinchot's character in "True Romance", before he got pulled over naturally.

No I don't really want Floyd Mayweather to go broke either. But only because, in the grand scheme of things, he still plies his trade in a field I love and respect. But I do think he's a dickface. And if he really is broke, I won't shed any tears for him.
Big Slim Sweet
Oh, and Pacquiao's gonna have a field day with Hatton.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 9 2009, 01:19 PM) [snapback]419642[/snapback]
Source

Here You go!

two things here... only thing in this article that leads me to believe there might be some validity to the article is it says that it is public record... i might have the magazine wrong but i wanna say the source has been wrong before also i still say if there was hard proof their would be a lot of other articles on the subject on boxing sites... thats not saying its not true but that would be a pretty big story considering how mayweather is known for throwing away money at clubs and etc... number 2 the article doesnt say lil floyd is broke it says he owes over 6 million dollars in taxes... if that is so i still think he has the funds to take care of the problem.. i would hope he hires an accountant if this is indeed true and hopefully it serves as an eye opener...
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 9 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]419646[/snapback]
I'm not going to go as far a street but I know that Ricky is going to WALKING IN to a lot of HARD straight left hands in this fight. He is going to have to pay a heavy price to get on the inside.

Man I just don't see Manny Pac blowing Hatton away. Just because he destroyed "The Mummy" in his last fight does not make him this fighter that will blow everybody away. Truth be told... Hatton would have beaten that version of De La Hoya.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
But you could also say the version of Paulie that Hatton beat was pretty damn washed up as well.

I didn't see that many changes in Hatton, I felt he was there for the right hand all night long put Paulie couldn't pull the damn trigger. I do think Floyd made some improvements in his short time in the corner but whether they enough for a beast like Manny I'm not so sure.

I like both Manny and Ricky, I think they're pretty entertaining guys but due to Ricky having the most racist dickhead xenophobic fans on the planet I'll be pulling for Manny in this one just becuase it's fun to watch grown British men cry.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 10 2009, 12:28 AM) [snapback]419688[/snapback]
Man I just don't see Manny Pac blowing Hatton away. Just because he destroyed "The Mummy" in his last fight does not make him this fighter that will blow everybody away. Truth be told... Hatton would have beaten that version of De La Hoya.

I'm with you, I think Hatton is better than a lot of people are giving him credit for and a lot of people are crowning Manny too early for beating that version of DLH like he did.

Manny's a great fighter but how in the hell can you compare Ricky to David Diaz. This fight will not be that easy for Manny.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 9 2009, 05:45 PM) [snapback]419653[/snapback]
Oh, and Pacquiao's gonna have a field day with Hatton.

I completely disagree..Hatton is no push over for anyone..Pac-man may have some advantages but Hatton will be coming into this fight pretty prepared..No one will ever be prepared for Pac-man's speed but ya can attempt to be..I think Pac-man is 10 times faster in the ring than we really see on TV..I think it'd be a close fight and could go either way..Hatton might be able to get a W..I hope Pac-man would take this fight as serious as the DLH fight(I'm sure he would)..Diaz is a couple steps down from Hatton..Hatton is a BEAST at 140..At 147 he loses quite a bit of speed and over all conditioning I think..He blows up so much between fights that it makes him not as strong if he doesn't cut off all the excess weight/fat..If he were to stay in shape year round or atleast 3/4 of a year,I think he'd be a lot better of a boxer all around..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 10 2009, 01:17 AM) [snapback]419693[/snapback]
I'm with you, I think Hatton is better than a lot of people are giving him credit for and a lot of people are crowning Manny too early for beating that version of DLH like he did.

Manny's a great fighter but how in the hell can you compare Ricky to David Diaz. This fight will not be that easy for Manny.

"This fight will not be THAT EASY for MAnny.".... This fight will not be easy for Manny...lol... Worse case scenario manny's speed will give hatton his biggest problem but i think he will slowly walk manny down and the question is at this point is how does manny react especially early when he's landing shots that hatton is walking through and is recieving shots in return from hatton?... That is not gonna be like him getting hit by marquez and the smaller guys he had wars with... Cause i dont see manny just walking through Ricky Hatton... If he wins unlike the dela hoya fight he will have earned this win... People talk like Hatton is just some push over fighter, i am not understanding that.. He is being very widely under rated I.M.O..... And also keep in mind that if marquez can hurt him hatton can really hurt him..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Don't worry about it Hatton is shot, I am convinced. People forget how much punishment he has taken in his last half a dozen fights.

He doesn't have the taste for it anymore I 'm telling you. Don't let him going back to 140 fool you. All I will ask is that if Manny steamrolls this dude in 9 or less he will get to be the undisputed p4p right?
lloyd mayflower
I dont get this constant bullshit that hatton is shot, one carrer loss to the greatest fighter in the world at a weight we can all agree isnt hatton best, isnt imo enough to write him off. apart from that fight, and collazo also at 147, no one has even been close to capable of beating him, and youl probably say he looked shit against lazcano, but to be fair, i dont think he was anywhere near as bad as everyone makes out, and he won a landslide.

another camp with floyd, and the right tactics on the night will see hatton dish out some severe punishment to manny. im not saying he will def win, cos manny is a great fighter, but manny will have to be prepared for far more than that little homo de la hoya could dish out
D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 10 2009, 09:47 AM) [snapback]419710[/snapback]
Don't worry about it Hatton is shot, I am convinced. People forget how much punishment he has taken in his last half a dozen fights.

He doesn't have the taste for it anymore I 'm telling you. Don't let him going back to 140 fool you. All I will ask is that if Manny steamrolls this dude in 9 or less he will get to be the undisputed p4p right?

WRONG!!!!. Manny Pac already is.

But I sig bet anyone that Manny doesn't Steamroll Hatton. In fact, Fuck it, Im going with Hatton!
D-MARV
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 9 2009, 05:15 PM) [snapback]419659[/snapback]
two things here... only thing in this article that leads me to believe there might be some validity to the article is it says that it is public record... i might have the magazine wrong but i wanna say the source has been wrong before also i still say if there was hard proof their would be a lot of other articles on the subject on boxing sites... thats not saying its not true but that would be a pretty big story considering how mayweather is known for throwing away money at clubs and etc... number 2 the article doesnt say lil floyd is broke it says he owes over 6 million dollars in taxes... if that is so i still think he has the funds to take care of the problem.. i would hope he hires an accountant if this is indeed true and hopefully it serves as an eye opener...

Where have you been man? Mayweather's money issues came out back in September.
BigG
Hatton will really need to rough Pacquiao up on the inside alot like the Tszyu fight. he should try to make it as physical as he can...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.