Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bernard Hopkins Vs Tomasz Adamek
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
This fight is being discussed with both sides expressing interest. It would be interesting to see how B-Hop carries the weight.

Discuss.

NOTE: Please excuse my spelling of Cruiser.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 7 2009, 10:47 AM) [snapback]419399[/snapback]
This fight is being discussed with both sides expressing interest. It would be interesting to see how B-Hop carries the weight.

Discuss.
NOTE: Please excuse my spelling of Cruiser.

i dont think hopkins work rate would be high enough at this point to beat adamek... just my opinion...
Lil-lightsout
Seeing Adamek fight a few times, and after the way Hopkins fought his last fight, give me Hopkins by unanimous decision. I do not think the weight would make a difference, I think Bernard would come in at a comfortable weight. The only thing that possibly could affect Bernard, is the opponent. Could Bernard be really motivated for this fight? I mean he had something to prove in the fight with Pavlik because he was the underdog and so many people were picking him to lose. That performance was amazing, can he give that type of performance again?
Box in Hand
At this point, does anyone doubt Hopkins? He's a freaking genius in that ring and hasn't lost decisively since Roy beat him. Give me the old man by SD or UD. Also, his work rate won't matter since he makes "Everyone" fight his style.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 7 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]419406[/snapback]
At this point, does anyone doubt Hopkins? He's a freaking genius in that ring and hasn't lost decisively since Roy beat him. Give me the old man by SD or UD. Also, his work rate won't matter since he makes "Everyone" fight his style.

Agreed....Adamek in some ways is like a bigger Kelly Pavlik.

I don't see the weight being a factor in this fight at all...Ademek won't be able to hit him at all and therefore he can't win.
Blayde
Yeah Id also compare Adamek a little with Pavlik. Definitely more dangerous and very hard to make take a step back, but I also think B-Hop would be able to decision him. Similar to the way Dawson did, just with more timing instead of speed and without getting knocked down.
JLUVBABY
i dont compare adamek to pavlik... adamek would give a lot more movement and apply a lot more pressure... plus he is a lot more seasoned fighter than pavlik... i like pavlik but when that fight was signed i thought it was a bad fight for him... he was too green... pavlik fight aside hopkins last few fights showed him slowed considerably... i think its a good fight and i think adamek has his fair chance of winning.
Big Slim Sweet
This fight is seriously being discussed? I don't see it going down.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Hop to wait for the Adamek-Cunningham rematch? Then if Cunningham wins, Hop could fight him in Philly.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 7 2009, 12:27 PM) [snapback]419415[/snapback]

Wouldn't it make more sense for Hop to wait for the Adamek-Cunningham rematch? Then if Cunningham wins, Hop could fight him in Philly.

i agree slim.. i think cunningham had adamek figured out late in the fight and would beat him in a rematch... and that fight wold be a great fight for phili... thing is as bad a fight as I THINK (my opinion) that adamek is for hopkins cunningham might be worse... personally i am a hopkins fan and would like to see him walk away with his big win and help clean up the sport by helping golden boy put on better shows...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 7 2009, 12:27 PM) [snapback]419415[/snapback]

i agree slim.. i think cunningham had adamek figured out late in the fight and would beat him in a rematch... and that fight wold be a great fight for phili... thing is as bad a fight as I THINK (my opinion) that adamek is for hopkins cunningham might be worse... personally i am a hopkins fan and would like to see him walk away with his big win and help clean up the sport by helping golden boy put on better shows...
streetlion1
I dont think this fight will happen...if it did it would be an easy U.D. for Bernard Hopkins without a doubt.
KookedKrack
damn he is going to look like a monster @ 200 I have learned my lesson not to bet against hopkins ever so ill take bhop by ud
JonnyBlaze
This would be huge for B-Hop's legacy if he wins..Then he'd have all those middleweight defenses,won the light heavy IBO title,and then a cruiserweight strap..That'd be insane..I think B-Hop also really wants that 50th win..

I think Adamek's style would be easy for B-Hop to figure out since he is the master of figuring out how to fight any style yet I think Adamek wouldn't give up his strap too easy..This would not be similar to the Pavlik fight at all..I think B-Hop would carry the weight well especially since he has the biggest option of what weight to come in at(cruiserweight has the biggest gap in weight in all of boxing not including heavyweight)..He could weigh 176 or he could weigh 200..I think B-Hop should weigh in around 185-190 if the fight happens..

I've seen Adamek fight live twice and he can take punishment and he has pretty good fundamentals(not the best though)..I would also say he is on a higher level than Pavlik in skills..No one looks good against B-Hop though..
D-MARV
I doubted Hopkins once and I will never do that again. With that said, this will be a competitive fight. No way Hopkins beats him like he beat Pavlik. First off... Adamek is MUCH bigger than Pavlik and he seems to move around the ring better than Pavlik. I dont think Hopkins has enough to keep Adamek completly off of him. I favor Hopkins but by only a slight margin.
Spyder
I don't see the attraction for Hopkins in a fight for the Cruiserweight title.

He might as well move up to heavyweight if he wants to fight someone bigger. Try to land a fight with Valuev, and retire with a heavyweight strap. I mean if he just wants to prove that he can hang with someone bigger, then he might as well go all the way to the biggest.

If he wants to fight the best, then he should step in the ring with Chad Dawson. Why fight the man that lost to the man?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 8 2009, 12:01 AM) [snapback]419489[/snapback]
I don't see the attraction for Hopkins in a fight for the Cruiserweight title.

He might as well move up to heavyweight if he wants to fight someone bigger. Try to land a fight with Valuev, and retire with a heavyweight strap. I mean if he just wants to prove that he can hang with someone bigger, then he might as well go all the way to the biggest.

If he wants to fight the best, then he should step in the ring with Chad Dawson. Why fight the man that lost to the man?

Cruiserweight is a smart move if ya ask me..He is fighting at 175 now so going up to heavyweight he'd have a lot of weight to gain which is unusual for him..To weigh 210,he'd have to gain 35 lbs..I don't see that happening cause he is always in shape and training..I think it'd be real good for him to make a pit stop at cruiserweight if he ever has plans for heavyweight..If he gained 35+ lbs,people would start talking about steroids I bet..
King Eugene
He doesn't have to weight 210 to fight at HW. Hell Jones wasn't even 200. I know he is the bionic man but age will take its toll sooner or later. If he wants to jump up he better go all out now instead of reserving anything at cruiserweight. Hell put him in there with David Haye.

I'd still pick Hopkins by SD
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 8 2009, 01:12 AM) [snapback]419505[/snapback]
He doesn't have to weight 210 to fight at HW. Hell Jones wasn't even 200. I know he is the bionic man but age will take its toll sooner or later. If he wants to jump up he better go all out now instead of reserving anything at cruiserweight. Hell put him in there with David Haye.

I'd still pick Hopkins by SD

Roy was 192-195 I think against Ruiz..I think this also depends on his opponent..If it's a bigger guy like the Valuev dream match,I really think he'd go for 210..If it was a smaller heavyweight(210-225 or maybe even 230) he could get away with below 200..
D-MARV
I couldn't imagine Hopkins getting over 190-195
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.