Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taylor vs. Ward or Jones Jr.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
I just checked this article out on boxingscene.com

Andre Ward wants Taylor and Taylors promoter has supposedly been contatced by Jones Jr. as well.
I'll take Taylor in both of those fights and possibly KO's Jones.

Damn it hurt for me to say that. cray.gif

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17766
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 8 2009, 01:05 AM) [snapback]419502[/snapback]
I just checked this article out on boxingscene.com

Andre Ward wants Taylor and Taylors promoter has supposedly been contatced by Jones Jr. as well.
I'll take Taylor in both of those fights and possibly KO's Jones.

Damn it hurt for me to say that. cray.gif

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=17766

I think Taylor would KO Jones IF Jones gives him the opportunity like he did against Calzaghe..Taylor doesn't finish guys who don't wanna be finished(like B-Hop,Wright,and Spinks)..I don't know why Taylor would ruin his momentum by fighting either of these guys..Ward has yet to reach the top level and Jones can no longer fight at the top level..Taylor has so many good guys to fight at super middleweight..In the "fights I wanna see in 09'" the super middleweight and cruiserweight were my main focus with WW behind those..I think this could be the year that the shadowed weight classes rise up due to talent coming in or going out(Calzaghe)..Taylor should fight either Kessler,Bika,Bute,Mundine,Froch,or Dirrell..If he wants to warm up for Kessler,there is a list of great guys that will challenge him to get him ready or push him aside for a fight with Kessler..

It's disappointing these are the best names Taylor's promoter/team could come up with..He needs to wise up and fight one of the guys I named..Ward will have his day,but he's not ready yet..Ward should fight someone like Manfredo Jr or Allen Green..Hell,even Steglitz before taking a huge step up against Taylor..Ward only has 17 wins in the 5 years he's been pro so he better take smaller steps then jump to the top..He should be more focused on activity levels than fighting a guy in the top 5 in the division..Lacy would be a better opponent too for him RIGHT NOW..
BigG
Taylor would beat Jones Jr and Ward IMO...
King Eugene
Ward vs. Lacy or Manfredo would be interesting.
JLUVBABY
taylor would knock jones out... Probably beats ward too though thats a better fight than jones jr...
slap
I think a taylor jones fight would be good yeah roy got outworked by calzaghe but I think its bcuz he was under the impresion that he hurt him and kept looking 4 that 1 big shot he was not throwing his hands at all but I don't know y hbo doesn't wanna c the froch fight let jt get a title in the division and then take the big names on like kessler jones and calzaghe
slap
I think a taylor jones fight would be good yeah roy got outworked by calzaghe but I think its bcuz he was under the impresion that he hurt him and kept looking 4 that 1 big shot he was not throwing his hands at all but I don't know y hbo doesn't wanna c the froch fight let jt get a title in the division and then take the big names on like kessler jones and calzaghe
D-MARV
Taylor Stops Roy late while Ward-Taylor would be a very good fight. Taylor was thoroughly OUTBOXED by Spinks. I think Ward can use his speed to give Taylor so BIG problems.
slap
KookedKrack
who the fuck wants to see roy cover up on the ropes for 12 rounds and blame everyone but himself when he loses again i sure as fuck don't i hope taylor brutally kos the fucker for that bullshit ass calslappy fight....... i got beat out of 50 dollars ordering that shit
Spyder
After the Calzaghe fight, I don't see Roy beating ANY name fighter.

Joe stood in front of him, with his hands at his sides, and Roy didn't even throw a punch. Shit, Joe stuck his head inside of Roy's guard...with his hands at his sides...and Roy didn't punch.

You just can't win a boxing match without punching.
Mean Mister Mustard
A ward fight for Taylor makes no sense but it would for Ward. The guy has done zero with his career so far. The career path he has taken so far might prove to be successful one day but so far it seems like he is just wasting time. Perhaps his handlers know he has a weak chin and they are looking for a big payday before he is KO'd like Khan was.
Al Hata

I love Roy but he's gotta stop fighting. It's getting ridiculous.

Taylor vs. Ward.......sure, why not? It's a random ass fight but I'd watch it. I expect Taylor to win big. To tell you the truth, we don't know how good Ward is. He hasn't fought shit and he's been chin checked a few times. I'm not gonna write him off like others may because Tito got hurt a bunch early in his career also but I'd like to see Ward prove himself before taking a risky fight. They must see something in Taylor that they can take advantage of, I really don't know what the hell it could be. Taylor isn't what he used to be, but he hasn't fallen off like that to think a prospect could take him.

iron_mike
Wow Mickey Ward is back! and fighting at super mw? Awesome! laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 8 2009, 09:32 AM) [snapback]419551[/snapback]
A ward fight for Taylor makes no sense but it would for Ward. The guy has done zero with his career so far. The career path he has taken so far might prove to be successful one day but so far it seems like he is just wasting time. Perhaps his handlers know he has a weak chin and they are looking for a big payday before he is KO'd like Khan was.

Ward stepped up in competition last year before he tore some ligaments in his knee. They were aiming for a top 10 opponent before the injury. I expect Ward to fight some top guys this year. He should fight a top 20 guy like Soliman before he steps up to Taylor or some other title holders.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 8 2009, 07:36 AM) [snapback]419548[/snapback]
After the Calzaghe fight, I don't see Roy beating ANY name fighter.

Joe stood in front of him, with his hands at his sides, and Roy didn't even throw a punch. Shit, Joe stuck his head inside of Roy's guard...with his hands at his sides...and Roy didn't punch.

You just can't win a boxing match without punching.

You're the first person I've seen that recognized Joe putting his head in between Roy's gaurd. He was either scared, confused, or shot. Either way he shouldn't be fighting anymore.
Spyder
Roy probably thought that Joe was trying to KO him the same way that he got Glenn Kelly. But instead of capitalizing on Joe's foolishness, Roy covered up, and did nothing.

When you can't pull the trigger with a guy giving you a KO opportunity, then it's time to move on.

BigG
A younger Jones would have KO'd Joe Fraudzaghe, Felix Trinidad, and would have wiped out Anthony Hanshaw in under 5 and not look bad doing it. Jones shouldn't have moved down in weight, he should've fought Tyson. I think Tarver absolutely ruined Jones Jr who was already on the decline. Glen Johnson just further sealed the deal.

Say what you want about Taylor but he got 2 controverisal decisions over Hopkins, dominated Jeff Lacy (hey why isn't he as praised as Calfrauddy), drew with a prime Winky, beat Spinks, and almost beat Pavlik the 2nd time. Jones Jr. would get blasted by Taylor....

Ward as much as I like him (followed every fight since the Olympics) is not ready for a Jermain Taylor type opponent. I'm glad he's up for the challenge though. I like his style and I like how he's getting better and better each time he fights. He looked good dominating Rubin Williams, Jerson Ravelo, and that last guy he fought on the Toney-Oquendo undercard, but to me he looks like he needs exp. Put him in with a top 15 type opponent...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 8 2009, 11:01 AM) [snapback]419555[/snapback]
You're the first person I've seen that recognized Joe putting his head in between Roy's gaurd. He was either scared, confused, or shot..

I'll go with all of the above

Roy would probably last the distance with Taylor, getting rocked a few times early and then just leaning back on the ropes with his mitts glued to the side of his face. Taylor wouldn't press the issue cause that's not who he is or what he does.

Dull fight. Please say no HBO.

Ward is tough to get a read on. He's not ready for Taylor and probably never will be but who knows? He does have some nice skills I just don't see him being able to stand up to the top dogs best shots for 12 rounds.
JLUVBABY
the more i think about the fight ward is getting close to the point to where i would favor him over taylor... i just keep thinking about taylors last few fights and you can argue that jeff lacy made him look like a monster (if you wanna say that) but it can also be argued that lacy is past his best or never was really that good a fighter... before lacy, taylor looked like pure d crap.. he seemed to peak as a fighter before or at least during the hopkins fights and never seemed to progress afterwards... i am not picking ward outright but my mind tells me if that fight is made he has AT LEAST a 50/50 chance in the fight...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jan 8 2009, 08:38 AM) [snapback]419552[/snapback]
I love Roy but he's gotta stop fighting. It's getting ridiculous.

Taylor vs. Ward.......sure, why not? It's a random ass fight but I'd watch it. I expect Taylor to win big. To tell you the truth, we don't know how good Ward is. He hasn't fought shit and he's been chin checked a few times. I'm not gonna write him off like others may because Tito got hurt a bunch early in his career also but I'd like to see Ward prove himself before taking a risky fight. They must see something in Taylor that they can take advantage of, I really don't know what the hell it could be. Taylor isn't what he used to be, but he hasn't fallen off like that to think a prospect could take him.

I think Ward has enough speed to check Taylor's chin. Ward may not be the most experienced guy BUT he is a natural Super Middle with damn good hand speed who is also fundamentally sound, IMO. Hell, is Pavlik any different?
D-MARV
I dont know if Ward would beat Taylor but I do believe Taylor has problems with sick boxers and I think Ward would trouble him. Competitive scrap either way.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Jan 8 2009, 10:49 AM) [snapback]419553[/snapback]
Wow Mickey Ward is back! and fighting at super mw? Awesome! laugh.gif

hahahahaha
King Eugene
I think Taylor vs. Ward would be more competitive than most think but Taylor slips away with a think UD.
thefloatingmonkey
I would like to see Taylor vs Ward. I think it would be a pretty good fight.

Jones needs to retire. I can think of one thing worse than Taylor vs Jones .... and that would be Taylor vs Jones on Pay-Per-View.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.